Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,651 members, 7,816,670 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:52 PM

Nigerians In Diaspora Remit N23.5tr To Economy In Five Years - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigerians In Diaspora Remit N23.5tr To Economy In Five Years (10074 Views)

IMF: Global Economy In Recession Worse Than 2009 / Banks Reduce Lending To Economy By N292bn In Q2 – Nbs / Lagos Emerges Fifth Largest Economy In Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Remit N23.5tr To Economy In Five Years by HabaSeun: 7:38am On Nov 03, 2016
AlphaCentauri:
so you mean the millions of nigerians all over the world re-emit in 5 years the amount of money that is not even upto dangotes networth ? brokeasses angry

Go school you no gree! What is dangote's net worth?

9 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Remit N23.5tr To Economy In Five Years by jeeqaa7(m): 7:38am On Nov 03, 2016
remit to who?
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Remit N23.5tr To Economy In Five Years by AlphaCentauri: 7:40am On Nov 03, 2016
HabaSeun:

Go school you no gree! What is dangote's net worth?
30 trillion naira
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Remit N23.5tr To Economy In Five Years by yanabasee(m): 7:40am On Nov 03, 2016
This will have to involve OBJ as well.. Hope baba's dogs will go after him.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Remit N23.5tr To Economy In Five Years by mannyU: 7:41am On Nov 03, 2016
[quote author=woodcook post=50723936]Thanks to Nigerians in diaspora, if not for them Nigeria would have been worst than Venezuela during this recession period.

In 2015 the official remitted figure was around 20 billions dollar and someone was arguing last time that if not for PMB economic policy Nigeria would have experienced same situation as Venezuela, I told them you have the diaspora to thanks.

May the good Lord continue to bless them![/quote

Don't mention grin
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Remit N23.5tr To Economy In Five Years by Nobody: 7:41am On Nov 03, 2016
kayemdy:
Some people did not read the article and are already blaming past governments.

The money was not remitted to the federal government.... The article is talking about those money ur relatives abroad send to ur family and friends for health, education, food, purchase of land and landed properties and establishing businesses.

don't blame them too much, the recession has made alot of people impatient grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Remit N23.5tr To Economy In Five Years by hayatou27: 7:51am On Nov 03, 2016
Ade wire wire is that you, We can do better in the next 5 years
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Remit N23.5tr To Economy In Five Years by kwynette(f): 7:53am On Nov 03, 2016
AlphaCentauri:
so you mean the millions of nigerians all over the world re-emit in 5 years the amount of money that is not even upto dangotes networth ? brokeasses angry
my exact thought
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Remit N23.5tr To Economy In Five Years by manikspears: 7:56am On Nov 03, 2016
jimoholuyemi3:
Una well done oh
Actually it is true, mismanagement,greed and theft are the demons Nigeria is facing.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Remit N23.5tr To Economy In Five Years by Orikinla(m): 7:58am On Nov 03, 2016
Nigerians in the diaspora can lend the Federal Government the US$30Billion loan.
More than US$77Billion sent to Nigeria in five years, but must have been mispent, because of mismanagement.

Many Nigerians have too much money like my T-shirt says it all.

PS: TOO MUCH MONEY and other positive attitude T-Shirts are available.

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Remit N23.5tr To Economy In Five Years by martineverest(m): 7:58am On Nov 03, 2016
AlphaCentauri:
are u dis dull? 77 billion dollars is more than bill gates' worth

9 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Remit N23.5tr To Economy In Five Years by martineverest(m): 8:00am On Nov 03, 2016
kwynette:
my exact thought
your thought and his thought are upside-down.......is dangote now worth 77 billion dollars...learn to read and comprehend

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Remit N23.5tr To Economy In Five Years by badman007(m): 8:00am On Nov 03, 2016
Many more billions are passed through unverified private agents of which are undocumented. We love our country!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Remit N23.5tr To Economy In Five Years by namuguibe(m): 8:07am On Nov 03, 2016
Donald J Trump will now make that zero shocked
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Remit N23.5tr To Economy In Five Years by AlphaCentauri: 8:07am On Nov 03, 2016
martineverest:
are u dis dull? 77 billion dollars is more than bill gates' worth
dat ya calculator need new battery

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Remit N23.5tr To Economy In Five Years by namuguibe(m): 8:14am On Nov 03, 2016
Nigeria diaspora population: 10,000,000 (ten million)

Claimed remitted amount : 77,000,000,000 USD (10 billion dollars)

Average amount = 77,000,000,000/10,000,000
= 7,700 US dollars over five years.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Remit N23.5tr To Economy In Five Years by Orikinla(m): 8:15am On Nov 03, 2016
AlphaCentauri:
dat ya calculator need new battery
grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Remit N23.5tr To Economy In Five Years by Mcowubaba: 8:33am On Nov 03, 2016
Niyinficient:
OK

They should give us the 36 states statistics for recipient....if Edo no win make i no why grin
You're actually very wrong.
If we should analyze the remittance on a tribal/state bases, Edo state will be definitely low.
What's the population of Edo people as a whole, and what's the fraction of Edo people in diaspora.
This cant be compared to the other Major tribes in Nigeria.
In simpler terms, in every 1 Edo man in UK, there are 6 Yoruba man there
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Remit N23.5tr To Economy In Five Years by mikeade11(m): 8:33am On Nov 03, 2016
Na Yahoo Money full am... which diaspora remit money... shout out to all the GGG boys, Govt. dey feel una
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Remit N23.5tr To Economy In Five Years by shaneroberts26: 8:34am On Nov 03, 2016
Ataam cucumber Chidinma!
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Remit N23.5tr To Economy In Five Years by fourthworld: 8:34am On Nov 03, 2016
woodcook:
Thanks to Nigerians in diaspora, if not for them Nigeria would have been worst than Venezuela during this recession period.

In 2015 the official remitted figure was around 20 billions dollar and someone was arguing last time that if not for PMB economic policy Nigeria would have experienced same situation as Venezuela, I told them you have the diaspora to thanks.

May the good Lord continue to bless them!

Thanks to the rejected stone that has become the chief corner stone from the land of the rising sun. They are the people remitting this money.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Remit N23.5tr To Economy In Five Years by kayemdy: 8:35am On Nov 03, 2016
2dugged:
don't blame them too much, the recession has made alot of people impatient grin

Lol....we will surely survive.
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Remit N23.5tr To Economy In Five Years by mikeade11(m): 8:37am On Nov 03, 2016
Baba give kudos to the GGGG boys wey dey make money enter everyday, govt no just wan ascribe all the glory to them..... UP Yahoo, Up Wire!!!!
woodcook:
Thanks to Nigerians in diaspora, if not for them Nigeria would have been worst than Venezuela during this recession period.

May the good Lord continue to bless them!
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Remit N23.5tr To Economy In Five Years by erico2k2(m): 8:43am On Nov 03, 2016
Bossontop:
Dem try ooo if na me ehhhh....naija no go c my 1 naira only my family go dey receive remittance
Another Igbo smoker
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Remit N23.5tr To Economy In Five Years by erico2k2(m): 8:47am On Nov 03, 2016
namuguibe:
Nigeria diaspora population: 10,000,000 (ten million)

Claimed remitted amount : 77,000,000,000 USD (10 billion dollars)

Average amount = 77,000,000,000/10,000,000
= 7,700 US dollars over five years.
Wrong it should be more than that then
In the UK average yearly should be £9k
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Remit N23.5tr To Economy In Five Years by erico2k2(m): 8:49am On Nov 03, 2016
jeeqaa7:
remit to who?
Themselves friends and family Only
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Remit N23.5tr To Economy In Five Years by mandax: 8:53am On Nov 03, 2016
But Abokiis from northern Nigeria won't allow those Diaspora Nigerians contribute to the political development of Nigeria through voting in Nigeria's crucial elections.

Mallams use their undue political over-representation in the country's political process to block moves to have Diaspora Nigerians vote in Nigeria's presidential elections, because few northerners live abroad.

Mallams contrive any excuse to deny Diaspora vote, including ridiculous reason that Nigeria is not matured enough for Diaspora voting. But Senegal, for example does Diaspora voting.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Remit N23.5tr To Economy In Five Years by Niyinficient(m): 8:54am On Nov 03, 2016
Mcowubaba:

You're actually very wrong.
If we should analyze the remittance on a tribal/state bases, Edo state will be definitely low.
What's the population of Edo people as a whole, and what's the fraction of Edo people in diaspora.
This cant be compared to the other Major tribes in Nigeria.
In simpler terms, in every 1 Edo man in UK, there are 6 Yoruba man there

You dont get it, the proportion of Edo pple sending home things is way higher than others.......Going by ur logic, that one Edo man might have sent home what the 6 Yoruba men havent sent home all put together.....they send home virtually everything....even wine grin pampers....spoon....if dem get chance dem fit send home their 'piss' cheesy grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Remit N23.5tr To Economy In Five Years by MrEverest(m): 9:14am On Nov 03, 2016
I can attest to this since millions have passed through me by Nigerians in diaspora buying properties at home. I can bet on NCAN that most of these remittances were by Southernes especially Igbos & Yorubas and to a lesser extent by Binis & Ibibios. I am still waiting for the day northerners will contribute something positive to Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Remit N23.5tr To Economy In Five Years by erico2k2(m): 9:23am On Nov 03, 2016
olaolulazio:
Get sense nao
Mumu see you we get minus sense
U wan smoke Igbo nah Burnu state own ur money reach
Embarassing mumu
Wetin. Concern government with the Money I send to my account in Nigeria and the one I send to my papa n mama plus my sister in Uni ?
U see now say U dull beyond repair ? ?
Re: Nigerians In Diaspora Remit N23.5tr To Economy In Five Years by olaolulazio(m): 9:32am On Nov 03, 2016
erico2k2:

Mumu see you we get minus sense
U wan smoke Igbo nah Burnu state own ur money reach
Embarassing mumu
Wetin. Concern government with the Money I send to my account in Nigeria and the one I send to my papa n mama plus my sister in Uni ?
U see now say U dull beyond repair ? ?
u are healed in Jesus name.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Okomu Oil Palm Co Plc Rewards Whistle Blowers / Segun Agbaje Is 2013 African Banker Of The Year. / Konga Service Disrupts Due To Fuel Scarcity - See Message

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.