Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,729 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:19 PM

Join The First-time/experienced Moms' First Online Group In Nigeria - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Join The First-time/experienced Moms' First Online Group In Nigeria (3733 Views)

I Finally Went For A HIV Test First Time In My Entire Life / Sitz Bath Bowls For New Moms And Hemorroids N4,000 / To All Moms: Never Ignore These 10 Signs And Symptoms In Your Babies!!! (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Join The First-time/experienced Moms' First Online Group In Nigeria by Samtobh(m): 3:42pm On Oct 31, 2016
We cannot emphasize enough the importance of hanging out with other women who are doing what you’re doing. Swaddling, nursing, trying out bottles, using front carriers, swings – these are some of the things you’ll discuss. But there are also the sensitive issues of body image, careers, and relationships.

It’s quite likely that you and your partner are experiencing parenting a little differently. Finding other women with whom you can share your experiences is important. Furthermore, it is an excellent motivator to get you out of the house.

The First Time Moms’ group (Nigeria) is a wonderful opportunity to meet other new mothers, and to speak honestly about the challenges and joys of this important change of life! Take time for yourself to talk through big changes and connect with and support other women on the same journey.

To join the group, kindly click here

Matters arising can be discussed here for the benefit of others.

Answers to questions raised will be answered by top and influential moms who are accomplished in their different fields and other well-experienced moms.

Modified

Re: Join The First-time/experienced Moms' First Online Group In Nigeria by Coldfeet(f): 3:59pm On Oct 31, 2016
Experienced and still learning mom here undecided
Re: Join The First-time/experienced Moms' First Online Group In Nigeria by Samtobh(m): 4:24pm On Oct 31, 2016
Coldfeet:
Experienced and still learning mom here undecided

Nice to have you in here. Kindly fill the form attached and feel free to discuss challenging issues.

Regards.
Re: Join The First-time/experienced Moms' First Online Group In Nigeria by jazzyjazz: 5:10pm On Oct 31, 2016
FTM here
But why must we fill form?

2 Likes

Re: Join The First-time/experienced Moms' First Online Group In Nigeria by Coldfeet(f): 5:13pm On Oct 31, 2016
Samtobh:

Nice to have you in here. Kindly fill the form attached and feel free to discuss challenging issues.

Regards.
Too many personal information required just to be part of an online mommy group, Asides the regular Q and As plus sharing of life experiences are there any other reasons why I need to include my address, phone number and full names?

Is it also going to be an offline thing where mommys can meet one on one or in groups with their kids? If so where and do you have such groups outside lagos? (I'm presuming your location is in Lagos).

Is there another platform for the proposed interaction or will it just be here on nairaland?

Who are the people behind this initiative e.g the professionals you mentioned are there doctors, marriage counselors, health and fitness experts, nutritionist amongst them?

Is it only open to women or can daddy's also be involved?

Thank you cool

4 Likes

Re: Join The First-time/experienced Moms' First Online Group In Nigeria by Samtobh(m): 6:03pm On Oct 31, 2016
jazzyjazz:
FTM here
But why must we fill form?

Its not a necessity any more Madam. First post has been modified.

Regards.

msmNG
Re: Join The First-time/experienced Moms' First Online Group In Nigeria by Samtobh(m): 6:08pm On Oct 31, 2016
Coldfeet:
Too many personal information required just to be part of an online mommy group, Asides the regular Q and As plus sharing of life experiences are there any other reasons why I need to include my address, phone number and full names?

Is it also going to be an offline thing where mommys can meet one on one or in groups with their kids? If so where and do you have such groups outside lagos? (I'm presuming your location is in Lagos).

Is there another platform for the proposed interaction or will it just be here on nairaland?

Who are the people behind this initiative e.g the professionals you mentioned are there doctors, marriage counselors, health and fitness experts, nutritionist amongst them?

Is it only open to women or can daddy's also be involved?

Thank you cool

Well, to be precise, full names, location, phone number and e-mail addresses of the group members are to be stored in a database to be used for identity tracking, information dissemination amongst others as required by the facilitators but presently, its not a necessity as the form's link has been replaced.

The Mission is to create an online moms' support group that will further translate into a mom's club where moms can meet one on one or in groups with their kids and discuss plus have fun. These clubs will be all over the country but at major cities depending on the number of participants from such cities or states.

The proposed interaction is solely via WhatsApp and the link has been posted on the first page.

This is the first launch of the msmNG platform and the group is expected to grow rapidly being the first online support group for moms in Nigeria. Doctors, marriage counselors, health and fitness experts, nutritionist, Pediatricians, etc are on hand to give free and real-time counselling and support to everyone in the group.

At the moment, the group is only for moms nationwide. grin dads are not welcome to the group........... wink

Regards,

msmNG
Re: Join The First-time/experienced Moms' First Online Group In Nigeria by Samtobh(m): 6:36pm On Oct 31, 2016
To join the WhatsApp group, click here
Re: Join The First-time/experienced Moms' First Online Group In Nigeria by nicoleswizzi: 7:29pm On Oct 31, 2016
Samtobh:
To join the WhatsApp group, click here

WhatsApp group? Hmmm...isoke...
Re: Join The First-time/experienced Moms' First Online Group In Nigeria by nicoleswizzi: 7:29pm On Oct 31, 2016
Nice....ist time mummy
Re: Join The First-time/experienced Moms' First Online Group In Nigeria by jazzyjazz: 8:01pm On Oct 31, 2016
Identity tracking? Hmmmm
What if one wants to remain anonymous? Too many things de happen for internet o!
Re: Join The First-time/experienced Moms' First Online Group In Nigeria by enoqueen: 9:26pm On Oct 31, 2016
I just joined.
Re: Join The First-time/experienced Moms' First Online Group In Nigeria by afribabe: 9:47pm On Oct 31, 2016
Samtobh:

Well, to be precise, full names, location, phone number and e-mail addresses of the group members are to be stored in a database to be used for identity tracking, information dissemination amongst others as required by the facilitators
shocked shocked for what /why jare
Re: Join The First-time/experienced Moms' First Online Group In Nigeria by Besea(f): 2:34am On Nov 01, 2016
We have a new mothers /mothers forum here on nairaland, so I don't know what your aim is and the anonymity here on nairaland is perfect.

2 Likes

Re: Join The First-time/experienced Moms' First Online Group In Nigeria by Samtobh(m): 8:41am On Nov 01, 2016
nicoleswizzi:
Nice....ist time mummy

Do well to invite other moms too
Re: Join The First-time/experienced Moms' First Online Group In Nigeria by Besea(f): 8:41am On Nov 01, 2016
Re: Join The First-time/experienced Moms' First Online Group In Nigeria by Samtobh(m): 8:43am On Nov 01, 2016
jazzyjazz:
Identity tracking? Hmmmm
What if one wants to remain anonymous? Too many things de happen for internet o! 

By identity tracking , it simply connotes knowing "who is who" on the platform to see ways such individuals can be supported or support others. Say we have a pediatrician on the platform and we can actually verify professionalism, we can simply refer moms for counselling sessions and such like.
Re: Join The First-time/experienced Moms' First Online Group In Nigeria by Samtobh(m): 8:46am On Nov 01, 2016
Besea:
https://www.nairaland.com/971395/new-born-babies-u-new

That's the link.

Thanks madam, some working-class moms can not afford the luxury of following up always. Kindly peruse the mission and vision of this newly-launched platform, msmNG, and see its uniqueness. Its something that'll translate into a real group or mom's club soon.

Regards.
Re: Join The First-time/experienced Moms' First Online Group In Nigeria by Samtobh(m): 8:47am On Nov 01, 2016
afribabe:
shocked shocked for what /why jare

The aboved comment refers ma.

The group already is increasing in numbers since launched.

Entry is currently free.
Re: Join The First-time/experienced Moms' First Online Group In Nigeria by Besea(f): 9:06am On Nov 01, 2016
Samtobh:

Thanks madam, some working-class moms can not afford the luxury of following up always. Kindly peruse the mission and vision of this newly-launched platform, msmNG, and see its uniqueness. Its something that'll translate into a real group or mom's club soon.

Regards.

On the thread link I posted, mothers living in a particular area are free to set up a mommy and me group/book club. Please read back and see efforts made.
Re: Join The First-time/experienced Moms' First Online Group In Nigeria by jazzyjazz: 9:44am On Nov 01, 2016
So are you saying that mom's would pay for entry later on?

Samtobh:

The aboved comment refers ma.

The group already is increasing in numbers since launched.

Entry is currently free.
Re: Join The First-time/experienced Moms' First Online Group In Nigeria by Samtobh(m): 1:02pm On Nov 01, 2016
jazzyjazz:
So are you saying that mom's would pay for entry later on?

Free.....whosoever wants to join can join.
Re: Join The First-time/experienced Moms' First Online Group In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:56pm On Nov 01, 2016
I don't know why but I tried to join and couldn't
Re: Join The First-time/experienced Moms' First Online Group In Nigeria by Samtobh(m): 7:13pm On Nov 01, 2016
Lynette2cute:
I don't know why but I tried to join and couldn't

Please send me a PM and/or reply with your mail so we'll contact you.

Regards.
Re: Join The First-time/experienced Moms' First Online Group In Nigeria by Coldfeet(f): 9:45pm On Nov 01, 2016
Samtobh:

Well, to be precise, full names, location, phone number and e-mail addresses of the group members are to be stored in a database to be used for identity tracking, information dissemination amongst others as required by the facilitators but presently, its not a necessity as the form's link has been replaced.

The Mission is to create an online moms' support group that will further translate into a mom's club where moms can meet one on one or in groups with their kids and discuss plus have fun. These clubs will be all over the country but at major cities depending on the number of participants from such cities or states.

The proposed interaction is solely via WhatsApp and the link has been posted on the first page.

This is the first launch of the msmNG platform and the group is expected to grow rapidly being the first online support group for moms in Nigeria. Doctors, marriage counselors, health and fitness experts, nutritionist, Pediatricians, etc are on hand to give free and real-time counselling and support to everyone in the group.

[At the moment, the group is only for moms nationwide. grin dads are not welcome to the group........... wink

Regards,

msmNG

Hi you mentioned facilitators up there who are they and are you also a mom? Ftm or experienced mom? Or a go between e.g Agent?

Secondly it will be via WhatsApp and that means phone numbers and real faces? Are you the coordinator of the WhatsApp group or is there someone else behind the scene? If there is are they male or female

Thirdly the doctors, Pediatricians, food and health experts etc that will offer counseling are they already on ground and part of the msmNG group? Or the facilitators will source for them when the group has been established with enough members?

Lastly does msmNg have a website or Facebook or Twitter or mail address? Or is this forum the ONLY identity tree msmNg has got? Cos I searched google and nothing came up. undecided

I'm just being curious and careful about giving out my detail to some unknown person over the net, i want to be sure this is not another phishing technique to gather email and phone number for some company. tongue

Now other mom support groups I've come across don't ask or request for phone numbers! Except the moms decides to relate to other members offline, even so the moderators still advise members to be wary of whom they make contact with. angry

The professionals are the ones who drop their contact details for members to connect and not the other way round.
cool

Technically there is no msmNg group for now? The women who sign up will be the pioneers right? cheesy

So many questions right? Well let's say I'm a pessimistic realist grin

4 Likes

Re: Join The First-time/experienced Moms' First Online Group In Nigeria by meetmal03(f): 7:45pm On Mar 05, 2017
Re: Join The First-time/experienced Moms' First Online Group In Nigeria by anonyguy: 1:03am On Mar 06, 2017
meetmal03:
Hi Mummies,
My sister is desperately looking for a good maternity hospital in Egbeda Lagos.

The hospital that she goes to keeps telling her there are complications and we need a good hospital for a better opinion.

Please help!

Hello bro.. Have you guys gotten the hospital? If no, I will advice she goes to Subol Hospital or Crystal hospital around vulcanizer bus stop or so.
Re: Join The First-time/experienced Moms' First Online Group In Nigeria by meetmal03(f): 10:28pm On Mar 06, 2017
Re: Join The First-time/experienced Moms' First Online Group In Nigeria by anonyguy: 10:42am On Mar 07, 2017
meetmal03:

Which has more capable hands

Subol is better
Re: Join The First-time/experienced Moms' First Online Group In Nigeria by Samtobh(m): 1:21pm On Mar 31, 2017
The group just had a get-together at Lekki, Lagos. More members are welcomed.
Re: Join The First-time/experienced Moms' First Online Group In Nigeria by Mile12Online: 12:57pm On Jun 27, 2020
Great mummies, let's make chores easier for you this period. At mile12online, we run all your foodstuff errands. We get you any quantity of food stuff you need at market prices and deliver promptly. We are here to make shopping easier for you. Chat us up on 08099415222 or call 08161299037. Stay home, stay safe, let's go through the rigors of shopping for you.

Re: Join The First-time/experienced Moms' First Online Group In Nigeria by Harney: 5:28pm On Nov 22, 2021
Becoming a mother is the start of a journey that can bring great joy, pride and happiness as well as worries and challenges. Most mums work things out as they go along and grown into their role over time. The most important thing mothers can do is make sure children feel loved, safe and secure. Mothering is also influenced by whether you are in a two-parent home, a single mum, separated from your child’s father, a step-mum or a same-sex parent. Mums have often been seen as the parent who provides most of the love and nurturing, while dads are the bread winner or disciplinarian.
Becoming a mother is the beginning of a jouney full of joy, pride, and happiness,

Mothering is influenced by whether you are a two-parent family, a single mother who is separated from your child's father, a stepmother, or a parent of the same gender.

Mums are frequently viewed as the parent who provides the majority of the love and nurturing, whilst dads are the breadwinners or the disciplinarians.
This is changing, and more parental responsibilities are being shared. The development of youngsters is aided by dad's loving attention, according to research.
It works best when mothers and fathers, whether they live together or not, collaborate and support one another in their parenting.
When a baby is born, there are a lot of adjustments to be made. The demands of your infant now take precedence over everything else in your life.
https://jvmarketplace.net/product/ins-and-outs-of-being-a-mummy/ref/7198/
Here are certain Tips from various experienced mother's put together in an ebook, to help intending mothers on how they are able to manage motherhood.

Click the link to get access to your own copy
https://jvmarketplace.net/product/ins-and-outs-of-being-a-mummy/ref/7198/

(1) (Reply)

Bus Conductor's 'Rusted Armpit' Shocks Passengers, Social Media Users / Calls Of Attention To This: Health Benefits Of Bitter Gourd Leaves / How I Escaped Hiv Infection (a True Life Story).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.