Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,680 members, 7,823,920 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:26 PM

Nigerian Mother Gives Birth On London Bus - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerian Mother Gives Birth On London Bus (5425 Views)

Woman Gives Birth On The Streets In Onitsha (photos) / Pictures Of A Woman That Gave Birth On The Road / UK-based Nigerian Mother Pleas For Help For Kidnapped Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Mother Gives Birth On London Bus by backspade(m): 8:35pm On Oct 27, 2009
[size=16pt]Mother has her baby on bus to hospital as passengers tell driver to 'put your foot down'[/size]

A woman gave birth in the back of a London bus as passengers begged the driver: 'Put your foot down.'

Emiloju Fatima Lawal had her son after the 394 to Homerton Hospital in Hackney, north London, stopped to allow an ambulance crew on board.

The 7lb 7oz boy, Olatidebe Agboola, was given the middle name Dennis after the bus manufacturer.

Alarmed passengers shouted to driver Pauline Jacobs to speed up when Ms Lawal went into the final stages of labour.

But the driver instead alerted her controllers and parked the singledecker near Mare Street to help with the delivery when she realised it was imminent.

Ms Lawal, who is originally from Nigeria, had not been due to give birth until today, and was on what she thought would be a routine visit last Thursday.

She declined the offer of a lift from her husband Abiodun, 28, and instead walked the 10 minutes to the bus stop.

She said: "When I got on the bus I couldn't feel anything in my right leg. A man asked if I was okay. I said, 'No, I'm in labour,' and then the baby began to push.

"They said I should lie down but I couldn't so I knelt and started pushing. Then a few minutes later he came out and I said: "Excuse me, the baby is here."

Ms Lawal said the birth was the smoothest of her four children.

Ms Jacobs, herself a mother of one, ushered the other people off the bus whi le pas senger Carole Allen, 60, came to Ms Lawal's aid.

The driver said: " A young man came up to me and said, 'There's a lady having a baby,' and he asked could I put my foot down so she didn't have it on the bus. I told him we have a set schedule but I tried my best."

DailyMail: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1223298/Mother-baby-bus-hospital-passengers-tell-driver-foot-down.html#

cheesy
Re: Nigerian Mother Gives Birth On London Bus by backspade(m): 8:37pm On Oct 27, 2009
Congrats to the mom and dad for their brand new bundle of joy! smiley
Re: Nigerian Mother Gives Birth On London Bus by POSAKOSA1(m): 8:38pm On Oct 27, 2009
the woman in that sweater is soo UGRY   lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerian Mother Gives Birth On London Bus by ubiaa5(f): 9:11pm On Oct 27, 2009
Wow dat most have been scary.
Re: Nigerian Mother Gives Birth On London Bus by donjon: 9:34pm On Oct 27, 2009
Well done
Re: Nigerian Mother Gives Birth On London Bus by donjon: 9:36pm On Oct 27, 2009
Well done
Re: Nigerian Mother Gives Birth On London Bus by Igwe9(m): 9:39pm On Oct 27, 2009
congrats to the family!
POSAKOSA1:

the woman in that sweater is soo UGRY    lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
you are funny, instead of focusing on the new born baby, here you are dissing the woman in sweater sad
Re: Nigerian Mother Gives Birth On London Bus by ritaNL: 10:06pm On Oct 27, 2009
E ya congrat oo . Make d pikin no go resemble the woman wey carry am oo . lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerian Mother Gives Birth On London Bus by nana(f): 10:08pm On Oct 27, 2009
Ouch! That must have been a scene! Don't want to witness such
Re: Nigerian Mother Gives Birth On London Bus by Igwe9(m): 10:31pm On Oct 27, 2009
That woman is fine jor, i guess she's not photogenic.
Re: Nigerian Mother Gives Birth On London Bus by Outstrip(f): 1:25am On Oct 28, 2009
LOL @ excuse me the baby is here. Thank God for the safe delivery. Happy birthday Olatidebe Agboola
Re: Nigerian Mother Gives Birth On London Bus by Sissy3(f): 4:43am On Oct 28, 2009
awww . . .he just couldnt wait!!!

happy birthday kiss
Re: Nigerian Mother Gives Birth On London Bus by sparta(f): 10:43am On Oct 28, 2009
The baby looks so cute!
Re: Nigerian Mother Gives Birth On London Bus by r231(m): 12:50pm On Oct 28, 2009
rita@NL:

E ya congrat oo . Make d pikin no go resemble the woman wey carry am oo . lipsrsealed

grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Mother Gives Birth On London Bus by MrCrackles(m): 12:52pm On Oct 28, 2009
Topic. . .
Nice. . .the most important thing, mother and child are fine!
Re: Nigerian Mother Gives Birth On London Bus by jidobaba(m): 12:58pm On Oct 28, 2009
urm, is that the mother- or the father in drag grin
P.S. who gives a Bleep about the baby
Re: Nigerian Mother Gives Birth On London Bus by r231(m): 1:28pm On Oct 28, 2009
jidobaba:

ARE YOU OK
Re: Nigerian Mother Gives Birth On London Bus by Nobody: 2:17pm On Oct 28, 2009
r231:

ARE YOU OK

I doubt
Re: Nigerian Mother Gives Birth On London Bus by buffead(f): 7:58pm On Oct 28, 2009
omgggggg da bus dat drops me right in front of ma collegeee lool interesting
Re: Nigerian Mother Gives Birth On London Bus by vanitty: 8:07pm On Oct 28, 2009
Made me smile on my journey home yesterday.
Thank heavens the baby is well . . mother as well
Re: Nigerian Mother Gives Birth On London Bus by denony(m): 8:25pm On Oct 28, 2009
Congrats a new baby was born
but to be honest the woman carrying the baby ug wel well
and it seems the mother is still carrying one in her womb grin
Re: Nigerian Mother Gives Birth On London Bus by mystikal(m): 8:27pm On Oct 28, 2009
heard story yesterday! Must have been some scene!
Re: Nigerian Mother Gives Birth On London Bus by chelseabmw(m): 8:40pm On Oct 28, 2009
congrats, somebody is one the way ooo, big big bouncing bady, sunny nneji
Re: Nigerian Mother Gives Birth On London Bus by cvibe: 8:51pm On Oct 28, 2009
Congrats.
Re: Nigerian Mother Gives Birth On London Bus by mikeoscar: 9:10pm On Oct 28, 2009
you are funny, instead of focusing on the new born baby, here you are dissing the woman in sweater

I tire oo !

We thank God for safe delivery and all the support She got from other passengers.
Re: Nigerian Mother Gives Birth On London Bus by mohawkchic(f): 9:12pm On Oct 28, 2009
[size=13pt]~She made the Evening news. . Something about the baby's middle name. . .[/size]
Re: Nigerian Mother Gives Birth On London Bus by hackney(m): 9:31pm On Oct 28, 2009
Congrats to the mum and thank God they are both doing well.
It's nice to know that people are still their brother's keepers in this world.

(the pikin go be stunt man ; born in St bus hospital)
Re: Nigerian Mother Gives Birth On London Bus by Fhemmmy: 10:26pm On Oct 28, 2009
I will name the baby, BusBaby.
Re: Nigerian Mother Gives Birth On London Bus by Kunbee: 10:35pm On Oct 28, 2009
Congrats ooo smiley
Re: Nigerian Mother Gives Birth On London Bus by 1forall: 10:48pm On Oct 28, 2009
At least no be bad naija news from UK. . . unlike as usual
Re: Nigerian Mother Gives Birth On London Bus by skfa1: 11:36pm On Oct 28, 2009
Thank God for the baby.
Re: Nigerian Mother Gives Birth On London Bus by kshow1(m): 11:56pm On Oct 28, 2009
jidobaba:

i guess your appt. is due in a psycia, hospital.

Anyway congrat to mother and child

(1) (2) (Reply)

Any Relaxation Spot/ Recreational Center In Ijebu Area? / How Can A Woman Understand Her Husband After Wedding? / Men: Please Can We Talk About Verbal, Mental And Emotional Abuse?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.