Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,057 members, 7,818,173 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:27 AM

List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 - Music/Radio (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 (81114 Views)

Top Five Nigerian Songs that Revolutionised Song Covers In Nigeria - Iamsynord / Top 10 Hottest Nigerian Songs Released In January 2019 / 50 Songs By Other Africans That Were Hits In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by obanqua(m): 2:28pm On Mar 14, 2018
This thread should not die.....who can help get Cherry Koko by Sonny Okosun?
Be it link or even the LP record.

OP - Kudos to you
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by obanqua(m): 2:29pm On Mar 14, 2018
Terry G's dad was still a boy back then......lol

Dfrenzy:
where's akpako by terry g?
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by akmaldini(m): 11:34pm On May 18, 2018
naptuz please do you remember this old school song
it goes this way,can't remember the song very well
let the children calling,see the children crying
nna mo,iya mi ooo
I think is Christy igbokwe,can't remember....

please remind me....
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by naptu2: 12:09am On May 19, 2018
akmaldini:
naptuz please do you remember this old school song

it goes this way,can't remember the song very well

let the children calling,see the children crying

nna mo,iya mi ooo

I think is Christy igbokwe,can't remember....

please remind me....

Christy Essien Igbokwe - Hear The Call (1990).

2 Likes

Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by akmaldini(m): 8:36pm On Jun 05, 2018
naptu2:

Christy Essien Igbokwe - Hear The Call (1990).

sorry for not replying earlier,I really appreciate but I tried downloading it but they told me to pay...
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by naptu2: 5:36am On Oct 29, 2019
naptu2:
AT LAST! AT LAST! THIS IS THE SONG THAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT!

This is the Hausa tune that I'm always talking about.

Does anybody know the name of the tune that was playing at the 3:29 minute mark in this video (when Seyni Kountche was inspecting the troops)?

I once knew the words of this song, but I can't remember a single word anymore.

Seyni Kountche's visit to Nigeria in 1984.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sjx1EFUdQzc
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by naptu2: 5:36pm On Oct 29, 2019
Freciprocal:

Is this the song?

This is the song.

naptu2:

Does anybody know the name of the tune that was playing at the 3:29 minute mark in this video (when Seyni Kountche was inspecting the troops)?

Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by naptu2: 5:58pm On Oct 29, 2019
franktolk:

Neptu I think the Hausa song you can't remember goes thus ...." Ina za muje, Ina za muje ,Ina za muje Naijeriya , ina za aa muje " can't remember the artist but I think Bala Miller also sang it on his TV show those days .

This is the song.

naptu2:

Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by ottersberger(m): 2:05am On Nov 02, 2019
Who remembers this blockbuster?.

https://youtu.be/gDjurbi97Qg?t=12
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by sylve11: 11:25am On Dec 05, 2019
god old days... sad cool
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by PETUK(m): 5:47pm On Dec 24, 2019
mabeni:
pls, can you get me any song from DREADY BOYZ?
check YouTube
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by Africaman: 9:57pm On Feb 24, 2020
Mystiqme:
Hi naptu2. This such a great list! I'm going down the list and I heard of a song by someone called Bola Abimbola: "Silifa Bamijo" apparently a cover of a Michael Jackson song. Do you know anything about it?

naptu2:

grin It's a very long time ago, but I remember it a bit. I don't think he started it. The truth is that many people did not know what Michael Jackson was singing in Don't Stop Till You Get Enough, so they made up yoruba lyrics to go with the melody.

I'm trying to remember the lyrics, but I think where Michael said "Force don't stop", he said "Fo soke" instead.

Folks, here is a link to the song on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhbpgwBQRUc

Enjoy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by Africaman: 10:08pm On Feb 24, 2020
warrenweste:

Pls what year was that amona tete mabo released?i luv the song
@ Naptu pls add bola are..eyin obo ogo o smiley

and roseline ogunro..ofofo..do u remember that song? nibi won gba se ofofo kiri.ategun ba gbe gele lo

I know this post was addressed to Naptu2, however I'm just letting you know there are some of Roseline Ogunro's songs on youtube. Unfortunately, "olofofo" is not one of them.

Here is one called "Oro Re":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slAufX03Fwc&list=PL5lq3R0TeFOyGlEQX-TGYF1jsHo6evKjZ&index=12&t=0s

Enjoy

1 Like

Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by Nobody: 10:24pm On Feb 24, 2020
Love nwantìntì won the overall best song in festac 77 and so many awards and it's not here. Nelly uchendu.
I'm yet to hear a voice like hers. She has more hit songs than onyeka onwenu.

Igbo songs were not properly represented.

Gentleman Mike ejiagha.
Oliver has hits upon hits
Oriental brothers
Osadebe has numerous evergreen hits.
Mudy Ibe
Bright chimezie.
Still discovering more
So many of them

Even igbo traditional musicians.
Everything does not start and end in Lagos.
I'm sure there were some from the north too that's equally good.
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by warrenweste(m): 1:39am On Feb 25, 2020
Africaman:
I know this post was addressed to Naptu2, however I'm just letting you know there arew some of Roseline Ogunro's songs on youtube. Unfortunately, "olofofo" is not one of them.

Here is one called "Oro Re":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slAufX03Fwc&list=PL5lq3R0TeFOyGlEQX-TGYF1jsHo6evKjZ&index=12&t=0s

Enjoy

The content is empty can u pls try to reupload it?

Thanks
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by warrenweste(m): 1:40am On Feb 25, 2020
Africaman:

Folks, here is a link to the somg on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhbpgwBQRUc

Enjoy

Pls do u have bola abimbola : Seh Rere Laye
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by naptu2: 2:30am On Feb 25, 2020
sassysure:
Love nwantìntì won the overall best song in festac 77 and so many awards and it's not here. Nelly uchendu.
I'm yet to hear a voice like hers. She has more hit songs than onyeka onwenu.

Igbo songs were not properly represented.

Gentleman Mike ejiagha.
Oliver has hits upon hits
Oriental brothers
Osadebe has numerous evergreen hits.
Mudy Ibe
Bright chimezie.
Still discovering more
So many of them

Even igbo traditional musicians.
Everything does not start and end in Lagos.
I'm sure there were some from the north too that's equally good.

Why do people keep saying that songs that are already on the list are not on the list?? This was the same issue I had when I created the thread.

I had Nelly Uchendu's album in the 1970s and '80s and it was one of my favourite albums. I put my favourite songs in that album back to back on the list and Love Nwantiti is on number 29. How could you miss these songs??

Oliver De Coque, Osadebe, etc are all on the list. how could you miss them??

Bear in mind that I created this thread in 2016 and it got to the home page then (home page first posts cannot be edited) and that others made the same observation in 2016 and I corrected them. Why don't people actually read the list and read the thread before saying that certain songs, which are already on the list, are not on the list??

1 Like

Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by Nobody: 9:59am On Feb 25, 2020
naptu2:

Why do people keep saying that songs that are already on the list are not on the list?? This was the same issue I had when I created the thread.

I had Nelly Uchendu's album in the 1970s and '80s and it was one of my favourite albums. I put my favourite songs in that album back to back on the list and Love Nwantiti is on number 29. How could you miss these songs??

Oliver De Coque, Osadebe, etc are all on the list. how could you miss them??

Bear in mind that I created this thread in 2016 and it got to the home page then (home page first posts cannot be edited) and that others made the same observation in 2016 and I corrected them. Why don't people actually read the list and read the thread before saying that certain songs, which are already on the list, are not on the list??
Sorry if I missed them.
Saw only one Osadebe.
Let me check again.
I checked 3 times.

I already checked. I saw love nwantìntì. Apologies.

Create a thread about igbo musicians of old and u will be surprised u left out many of them that were popular and ruled the airwaves in the east.

At least it will drive traffic and heat up this place for u.

Once more apologies for missing love nwantìntì.
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by naptu2: 10:48am On Feb 25, 2020
sassysure:

Sorry if I missed them.
Saw only one Osadebe.
Let me check again.
I checked 3 times.

I already checked. I saw love nwantìntì. Apologies.

Create a thread about igbo musicians of old and u will be surprised u left out many of them that were popular and ruled the airwaves in the east.

At least it will drive traffic and heat up this place for u.

Once more apologies for missing love nwantìntì.

There are very very many Igbo songs on that list, but it is a list of Nigerian songs and therefore, not every Igbo song can make it into the list.

I didn't even put my favourite song on that Nelly Uchendu album on the list because I couldn't remember the title. Someone helped me to post a cover version that was done by Onyeka Onwenu, but unfortunately that version is no longer on YouTube, so I can't remember the name again. However, I posted:

27) Mamausa - Nelly Uchendu

28) Waka About - Nelly Uchendu

29) Love Nwantintin - Nelly Uchendu

There are more Igbo songs on the list, including:

Akula Owu Onyeara, which was originally done by The Funkees, but I posted about Charly Boy's version. It is at number 51.

Identity by Oliver De Coque is at number 46.

Osondi Owendi by Chief Stephen Osita Osadebe is at number 47.

Eddie Quansa by Peacock's International Guitar Band is at number 23

These are 2 of my favourite songs ever:

Nike Nike by E.C. Arinze is at number 16

Otanjele by Eddie Okonta is at number 17

Love Adure by Cardinal Rex Jim Lawson is at number 2.

And there are many songs that, although they were not sung in Igbo, but they are by Igbo musicians. These include songs by:

Jide Obi at number 34

William Onyeabor at number 41

Felix Lebarty at number 42, 52 and 53

Dora Ifudu at number 43

Christie Essien Igbokwe at number 49

Onyeka Onwenu at number 50

Stella Monye at number 58

And so on and so forth (my fingers are tired of typing).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYak_yo2d-U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GCZht757ec

2 Likes

Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by Africaman: 1:07pm On Feb 25, 2020
warrenweste:

The content is empty can u pls try to reupload it?

Thanks
I actually don't have the files, I only found this on youtube and posted the link here. It actually works when I play it, maybe you can try using a different web browser/computer/phone.
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by Africaman: 1:10pm On Feb 25, 2020
warrenweste:

Pls do u have bola abimbola : Seh Rere Laye

I just found the song above on youtube. I've searched youtube but can't find Bola Bimbola's Seh Rere Laye on there. Just keep checking youtube, maybe somebody will upload it in future.

cheers

2 Likes

Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by Nobody: 7:26pm On Feb 25, 2020
naptu2:

There are very very many Igbo songs on that list, but it is a list of Nigerian songs and therefore, not every Igbo song can make it into the list.

I didn't even put my favourite song on that Nelly Uchendu album on the list because I couldn't remember the title. Someone helped me to post a cover version that was done by Onyeka Onwenu, but unfortunately that version is no longer on YouTube, so I can't remember the name again. However, I posted:

27) Mamausa - Nelly Uchendu

28) Waka About - Nelly Uchendu

29) Love Nwantintin - Nelly Uchendu

There are more Igbo songs on the list, including:

Akula Owu Onyeara, which was originally done by The Funkees, but I posted about Charly Boy's version. It is at number 51.

Identity by Oliver De Coque is at number 46.

Osondi Owendi by Chief Stephen Osita Osadebe is at number 47.

Eddie Quansa by Peacock's International Guitar Band is at number 23

These are 2 of my favourite songs ever:

Nike Nike by E.C. Arinze is at number 16

Otanjele by Eddie Okonta is at number 17

Love Adure by Cardinal Rex Jim Lawson is at number 2.

And there are many songs that, although they were not sung in Igbo, but they are by Igbo musicians. These include songs by:

Jide Obi at number 34

William Onyeabor at number 41

Felix Lebarty at number 42, 52 and 53

Dora Ifudu at number 43

Christie Essien Igbokwe at number 49

Onyeka Onwenu at number 50

Stella Monye at number 58

And so on and so forth (my fingers are tired of typing).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYak_yo2d-U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GCZht757ec
Ok, ok.

E don do.
Thank u so much.

I started listening to Nigerian oldies on Spotify since last yr that's how I got to know some of them. So many of them and well, maybe I miss home as I don't know most of them before.

Accept my apologies pls. U did very well. Never knew some of them there were igbo.

Nelly is among the ones I play everyday.
Ezigbo di m, super eagle,
Onye dala ada, aka bu eze etc and so mamy others.

The brother happened to be an Anglican priest in my town and I met her during one of her visits as a kid and she usually lead the choir or sing with the band. I wasn't an Anglican but people from all denominations will troop to the Anglican church just to watch her sing.
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by Nobody: 7:36pm On Feb 25, 2020
Is Christie essien igbo?
I thought she was married to an igbo man though she sang one igbo hit song.

Felix is from Edo.
I may be wrong

Gentleman Mike ejiagha and sir warriors and the oriental brothers are on the league of Osadebe and Oliver. People still play their songs till date in the east.
Among the legends, they are among the first 5 especially sir warrior. I would have typed their hit songs but they are many.

Thank u and don't be offended.
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by naptu2: 9:48am On Feb 26, 2020
naptu2:
I am good! I have found it again!!!

Nelly Uchendu's version was called "Jesu Chelum" and it was on that album that I had in the 1970s and '80s.

This is Onyeka Onwenu's version and it is called Egwu Ekene

(I prefer Nelly Uchendu's version. It was more energetic).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrptuzavAn4

2 Likes

Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by naptu2: 5:16pm On Feb 26, 2020
Freciprocal:

Bro Good Job you did by invoking Nostalgic moments

You meant Onyeka Onwenu... I remember Mumsy singing this to me, Powerful praise song

cc: merahki
benzmatic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFtND9lX_e4&list=PLN4xbskXOh74m-mJXjiPtBZmZzCS-tDIW&index=41

sassysure:

Ok, ok.

E don do.
Thank u so much.

I started listening to Nigerian oldies on Spotify since last yr that's how I got to know some of them. So many of them and well, maybe I miss home as I don't know most of them before.

Accept my apologies pls. U did very well. Never knew some of them there were igbo.

Nelly is among the ones I play everyday.
Ezigbo di m, super eagle,
Onye dala ada, aka bu eze etc and so mamy others.

The brother happened to be an Anglican priest in my town and I met her during one of her visits as a kid and she usually lead the choir or sing with the band. I wasn't an Anglican but people from all denominations will troop to the Anglican church just to watch her sing.

This is the song. This is the audio of Nelly Uchendu's version. This is the song that I was looking for. I had this album in the 1970s and '80s.

naptu2:
I've done it! This is the audio. This is the first time that I'm listening to this song in almost 30 years!

Nelly Uchendu - Jesu Chelum (1978)

https://www.junodownload.com/ultraplayer/4460660-02-01-02.m3u?r=0&c=0&s=01-02

2 Likes

Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by Nobody: 7:51pm On Feb 26, 2020
naptu2:

This is the song. This is the audio of Nelly Uchendu's version. This is the song that I was looking for. I had this album in the 1970s and '80s.

U are indeed a fan!
Respect sir.

Yeah, onyeka sang it as a chorus only. I prefer nelly's too.
Her songs has been reproduced by so many artists.
There is one reproduced to Christian mothers anthem( I recently got to know)
This particular song was used in living in bondage by Andy for his babe ijeoma. Chei! Good old songs.
Thank u sir.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by naptu2: 12:38pm On Mar 19, 2020
The missing songs are now on YouTube!
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by naptu2: 12:41pm On Mar 19, 2020
Kris Okotie - Goodbye Teacher (c1982)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKyhUm_W3E8

1 Like 1 Share

Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by naptu2: 12:43pm On Mar 19, 2020
Kris Okotie - I Need Someone (c1979)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rlhF6JOqag

1 Like 1 Share

Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by naptu2: 12:45pm On Mar 19, 2020
This was also the theme song of the 1980s hit situation comedy Koko Close.

Kris Okotie - Koko (c1981)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmtweBlWg9o
Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by naptu2: 12:46pm On Mar 19, 2020

1 Like 1 Share

Re: List Of 150 Of The Greatest Nigerian Songs By Naptu2 by naptu2: 12:48pm On Mar 19, 2020
Charly Boy - Big Bottom (instrumental) (1988).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Cl5XMDLuDQ

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Muraino Ft. Zinoleesky - Ole (lazy) / Download This Hot And Fresh HIP-HOP/R&B Mixtape By DJ Hypno / Top 10 Nigerian Gospel Songs Released In June 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.