Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,256 members, 7,815,398 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:46 AM

Too Many Lies About Staphylococcus Aureus - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Too Many Lies About Staphylococcus Aureus (745 Views)

Staphylococcus Aureus Is Ruining My Life! Nairaland Please Help! / Dr Maduka C Ogwueleka: "Staphylococus Aureus Is A Scam In Nigeria" / . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Too Many Lies About Staphylococcus Aureus by PMIcon(m): 8:34am On Nov 01, 2016
Whoever started popularizing and almost "demonizing" Staphylococcus aureus! Almost all the local herbal medicine seller now sell drugs that they claim cure Staph. aureus. Yet this is a bacteria that is generally found on human skin without posing any danger whatsoever except when forced into the skin (which is why it the common cause of boils). Even then, people with good immunity are just affected ones in a while.

They say staph aereus causes impotence and all manner of diseases that has no relationship with infection not to talk of Staphylococcus infection.

The truth is, most of the time Staph. aureus us found in medical laboratory tests especially ones that contacts are made with the skin during sample taking(urine sample, blood sample etc) it is usually a skin contaminant. The sample was not hygienically and/ or appropriately taken.

That is why good doctors don't treat laboratory results, they treat patients.
They order test to confirm what they are already suspecting or narrow down the various of possible diagnosis after carefully listening to you and physically examining you.

Even the poor sexual performance these herbal medicine people usually talk about is gross misinformation that make normal people think something is wrong with them. Normal sexual intercourse lasts for just about 2 minutes. So people should learn to enjoy those minutes and focus on intimacy rather than loading their systems with drugs that may end them up with kidney failure or even real impotence.

Just saying my bits...I hope Lalasticlacla or the mods will do the needful to help people.

1 Like

Re: Too Many Lies About Staphylococcus Aureus by nelszx: 12:24pm On Nov 01, 2016
PMIcon:
Whoever started popularizing and almost "demonizing" Staphylococcus aureus! Almost all the local herbal medicine seller now sell drugs that they claim cure Staph. aureus. Yet this is a bacteria that is generally found on human skin without posing any danger whatsoever except when forced into the skin (which is why it the common cause of boils). Even then, people with good immunity are just affected ones in a while.

They say staph aereus causes impotence and all manner of diseases that has no relationship with infection not to talk of Staphylococcus infection.

The truth is, most of the time Staph. aureus us found in medical laboratory tests especially ones that contacts are made with the skin during sample taking(urine sample, blood sample etc) it is usually a skin contaminant. The sample was not hygienically and/ or appropriately taken.

That is why good doctors don't treat laboratory results, they treat patients.
They order test to confirm what they are already suspecting or narrow down the various of possible diagnosis after carefully listening to you and physically examining you.

Even the poor sexual performance these herbal medicine people usually talk about is gross misinformation that make normal people think something is wrong with them. Normal sexual intercourse lasts for just about 2 minutes. So people should learn to enjoy those minutes and focus on intimacy rather than loading their systems with drugs that may end them up with kidney failure or even real impotence.

Just saying my bits...I hope Lalasticlacla or the mods will do the needful to help people.

Good info Mr OP but I will like to correct some impressions you made:
1. Do you know Staphylococcus aureus isn't a normal skin flora? Even the ones on the labia aren't aureus strains. So it's grossly wrong to call it a skin contaminant cos it's presence on the skin causes small foci of infection. S. epidermidis is the skin contaminant not aureus.
2. There are other Staphylococci that aren't pathogenic and most times aren't reported.
3. Not a every Staphylococci is an "aureus" strain.

When Staphylococcus aureus is seen at any part of the body whether blood, urine or skin (effusions)it is reported cos most times these samples are often times collected aseptically and are pathogenic at such sites.

At the bolded I need not say much that's basically the origin of Antimicrobial resistance and why most infections which primarily would have been cured by simple antibiotics are not yielding such therapeutic purpose any longer

(1) (Reply)

Bisi Ajayi, A Futa Computer Science Graduate Involved In A Fatal Accident. / See What The Weather Did To Me Today [photo] / Catfish Dangerous For Your Health, Causes Cardiovascular Diseases – Expert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.