Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,874 members, 7,817,574 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:43 PM

3 - 4 - 3 Formation For Super Eagles Against Algeria? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 3 - 4 - 3 Formation For Super Eagles Against Algeria? (1926 Views)

What Is Best Formation For The Super Eagles / Aka Udofia Offers $20,000 Per Goal Scored By Eagles Against Cameroon / Who Should Be In Goal For Nigeria Against Algeria: Akpeyi, Ezenwa Or Alampasu? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 - 4 - 3 Formation For Super Eagles Against Algeria? by cashful(m): 5:19pm On Nov 01, 2016
Looking back at the match against Zambia, our defense was cut open left, right and center with relative ease several times.

Thanks to our goalkeeper and the lack of clinical finishers in the Zambian team, we only conceded a goal.

Looking forward to the next match for the Super Eagles against the desert warriors of Algeria, one wonders how we will be able to cope with the arsenal at their disposal and still be able to get a much needed win.

Being a Chelsea fan, I watched with great admiration as Conte changed the fortunes of the team by quickly reverting to a formation that he was used to, rather than the one he met on ground.

The 3-4-3 formation will offer the SE, the width to withstand the Algerians, who build most of their attacks from the wings through mahrez.

It will also offer us an attacking threat that will be
very much effective.

Lineups Nigeria

Goalkeeper
1. Ikeme

The 3 Central Defenders

2. Omeruo (right)
3. Balogun (left)
4. T. Ekong (center)

The 4 midfield players

5. V. Moses (wing back- right)
6. Echiejile (wing back- left)
7. M. Obi (CM)
8. Onazi (CM)

Attack
9. Ighalo
10. Kelechi
11. Iwobi

What do you guys think?

3 Likes

Re: 3 - 4 - 3 Formation For Super Eagles Against Algeria? by Danielnino00(m): 5:22pm On Nov 01, 2016
Not bad. but I don't fancy Omeruo at CB. we can't afford another mistake...uche Agbp should start. I can't think of a better LB,so Echiejele should keep his post.

but, don't count on Rohr playing that formation against Algeria. it may be 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3

1 Like

Re: 3 - 4 - 3 Formation For Super Eagles Against Algeria? by zuchyblink(m): 5:45pm On Nov 01, 2016
Echiejile not mobile enough to play as a left wing back
Re: 3 - 4 - 3 Formation For Super Eagles Against Algeria? by joe4christ2008(m): 5:57pm On Nov 01, 2016
I seem to agree with you guys...Emeruo not clinical/tactical enough.
Re: 3 - 4 - 3 Formation For Super Eagles Against Algeria? by cashful(m): 7:36pm On Nov 01, 2016
Danielnino00:
Not bad. but I don't fancy Omeruo at CB. we can't afford another mistake...uche Agbp should start. I can't think of a better LB,so Echiejele should keep his post.

but, don't count on Rohr playing that formation against Algeria. it may be 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3

I get your point, Echiejile will definitely keep his place, but with the added cover of Balogun behind as a sweeper on the left side of defense in 3-4-3 formation.

1 Like

Re: 3 - 4 - 3 Formation For Super Eagles Against Algeria? by cashful(m): 7:41pm On Nov 01, 2016
zuchyblink:
Echiejile not mobile enough to play as a left wing back
Christian Madu has better pace, but fare lesser in the the area of marking.
Re: 3 - 4 - 3 Formation For Super Eagles Against Algeria? by Nobody: 11:38pm On Nov 01, 2016
If the 3-4-3 formation works for Chelsea, what's makes you think it will work for the Super Eagles?. Victor Moses plays to the gallery when he dorns the Nigerian jersey. Do you see him playing to Coach Rohr Instructions?.

Every coach has a pattern he has perfected. Conte is a master when it comes to the 3-4-3 formation. How do we perfect a strange pattern to players who ply their trade in different clubs in Less than a week?.
We don't have the time to perfect this pattern before our match with Algeria. Coach Rohr won't even gamble with it. Do we even have the players to even perfect the strategy?.

My friend, this is a world Cup Qualifier, we shouldn't gamble away our chances of qualifying for the next world Cup.

We can gamble with Rohr formations during the international break not Conte's 3-4-3
Coach Rohr will deploy 4 - 2- 3 - 1 against the Algerians.

What is making Chelsea fans now think they are Invincible with the 3-4-3 formation?. Lol, enjoy the success while it lasts.

1 Like

Re: 3 - 4 - 3 Formation For Super Eagles Against Algeria? by Icon4s(m): 6:16am On Nov 02, 2016
Danielnino00:

Uche Agbo ahead of Omeruo? undecided
Re: 3 - 4 - 3 Formation For Super Eagles Against Algeria? by Icon4s(m): 6:18am On Nov 02, 2016
cashful:
Looking back at the match against Zambia, our defense was cut open left, right and center with relative ease several times.

Thanks to our goalkeeper and the lack of clinical finishers in the Zambian team, we only conceded a goal.

Looking forward to the next match for the Super Eagles against the desert warriors of Algeria, one wonders how we will be able to cope with the arsenal at their disposal and still be able to get a much needed win.

Being a Chelsea fan, I watched with great admiration as Conte changed the fortunes of the team by quickly reverting to a formation that he was used to, rather than the one he met on ground.

The 3-4-3 formation will offer the SE, the width to withstand the Algerians, who build most of their attacks from the wings through mahrez.

It will also offer us an attacking threat that will be
very much effective.

Lineups Nigeria

Goalkeeper
1. Ikeme

The 3 Central Defenders

2. Omeruo (right)
3. Balogun (left)
4. T. Ekong (center)

The 4 midfield players

5. V. Moses (wing back- right)
6. Echiejile (wing back- left)
7. M. Obi (CM)
8. Onazi (CM)

Attack
9. Ighalo
10. Kelechi
11. Iwobi

What do you guys think?

We cannot afford this kind of experiment in a match of this magnitude.
Re: 3 - 4 - 3 Formation For Super Eagles Against Algeria? by promzyphyno(m): 10:45am On Nov 02, 2016
Instead of echejile,I think musa should execute that role perfectly although,he's marking would be a concern
Re: 3 - 4 - 3 Formation For Super Eagles Against Algeria? by ProfOrlando: 2:02pm On May 06, 2017
imagine this against Cameroon 3-4-3
ikeme: omeruo, ekong, balogun: Moses ndidi Mikel Aina : iwobi ,sareren-bazee, iheanacho

(1) (Reply)

Million Ways, Chance,and Process Of Making Cool Money Through Betting / Nigeria Face FIFA Sanction After Ighalo Celebrated With ‘thank You Jesus' Shirt / Ter Stegen Becomes First Barcelona Goalkeeper To Provide Assist In 21st Century

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.