Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,917 members, 7,817,690 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:23 PM

Glo Expands 4G Network To 16 More Locations Here In Nigeria - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Glo Expands 4G Network To 16 More Locations Here In Nigeria (2774 Views)

MTN 5G Network To Be Available In Nigeria Before 2020 / All You Need To Know About 4G Network And The Phones That Support Them. / Full List Of 4g Smartphones With Band 28(700) That Will Work With Glo 4G Network (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Glo Expands 4G Network To 16 More Locations Here In Nigeria by Tholluwallashe: 5:20pm On Nov 01, 2016
You would recall that sometime last month, telecommunication giant, Glo’s 4G LTE services was indeed live but only available in nine cities across Nigeria; Lagos, Abuja, PHC, Benin, Eket, Jos, Warri, Yola and Zaria. It said other cities would follow suit in the nearest future – a promise which it has indeed kept today.

Glo 4G LTE has been expanded to 16 more locations in Nigeria. These locations are spread out across Abuja, Lagos, Ogun and Rivers states. According to a statement made available by them;

“Locations such as Ikeja, Oregun, Opebi, Isolo, Lagos State University in Lagos; Redemption Camp and Babcock University in Ogun State; Rukpokwu, Rumuibekwe, Eleme Junction, Eliozu, Woji, Rumuigbo in Rivers State; and Mpape and Utako in the FCT, Abuja can now enjoy rapid speed internet browsing on the Glo 4G LTE network.”

This is a very good one from the “grandmasters of data” and they should surely go shoulder to shoulder in competing with MTN in this aspect as they have always done.

Presently, in Nigeria, MTN, Glo and Etisalat runs the 4G LTE service – we don’t know what Airtel is waiting for – but the locations are very limited. Glo just increased its presence to a total of 33 locations, MTN and Etisalat have fairly much locations as well. But to be honest, what I can’t actually fathom is why it took this long for the service to be launched in our space – the largest market in Africa.

Well, it has been launched now so, maybe its time to move on and enjoy it to its full potentials.

Source :>> http://www.xtremetechhub.com/2016/11/glo-expands-4g-network-to-16-more.html?m=1

1 Like

Re: Glo Expands 4G Network To 16 More Locations Here In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:40pm On Nov 01, 2016
Ok
Re: Glo Expands 4G Network To 16 More Locations Here In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:38pm On Nov 01, 2016
Glo need to work on its 3G first... Their 3G can be annoying most times

3 Likes

Re: Glo Expands 4G Network To 16 More Locations Here In Nigeria by power900: 8:07pm On Nov 01, 2016
mtcheeew, rubish network
Re: Glo Expands 4G Network To 16 More Locations Here In Nigeria by augster(m): 8:32pm On Nov 01, 2016
Yeye.. Ibadan no dey this list
Re: Glo Expands 4G Network To 16 More Locations Here In Nigeria by BRIGHTRIVERS(m): 9:00pm On Nov 01, 2016
If 4G reach Ebonyi state mk I shit nali!

#Nice bringing it to rivers Glo

2 Likes

Re: Glo Expands 4G Network To 16 More Locations Here In Nigeria by Youngpo413: 9:05pm On Nov 01, 2016
Aba nko?
Re: Glo Expands 4G Network To 16 More Locations Here In Nigeria by gen2briz(m): 9:44pm On Nov 01, 2016
4G my foot..
Re: Glo Expands 4G Network To 16 More Locations Here In Nigeria by Earth2Metahuman: 11:05pm On Nov 01, 2016
Lemme know when they reach ibadan
Re: Glo Expands 4G Network To 16 More Locations Here In Nigeria by NCP: 6:16am On Nov 02, 2016
Glo 4G LTE = ETISALAT EDGE

1 Like

Re: Glo Expands 4G Network To 16 More Locations Here In Nigeria by Micah360(m): 6:35am On Nov 02, 2016
GLO 4g=Airtel 3g
Re: Glo Expands 4G Network To 16 More Locations Here In Nigeria by Ausbongean: 7:24am On Nov 02, 2016
why Kano not in the list
Re: Glo Expands 4G Network To 16 More Locations Here In Nigeria by ReorxTohGan(m): 9:30am On Nov 02, 2016
augster:
Yeye.. Ibadan no dey this list
my Friend Subscribed Last Mnth Or So 'ere in ib

(1) (Reply)

Magic Happened Today & I Still Don't Understand. My Phone Failed Me / Airtel MTN ETISALAT Night Browsing Codes / MTN Set To Introduce New Data Plans Soon; According To A Live Chat With MTN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.