Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,652 members, 7,955,364 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:39 AM

Logic, Language, Topology, Joshthefirst - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Logic, Language, Topology, Joshthefirst (3862 Views)

A Very Simple Logic To Recognize The Only True Religion From God / Second amendment-> How do you find God, By intuition or by Logic? / Atheist Logic Be Like... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Logic, Language, Topology, Joshthefirst by Joshthefirst(m): 9:50pm On May 20, 2017
PastorAIO:

how is the context different? What is the context in which you think it is okay to eschew logic?

And also, are you ready to disavow the guy that said you are above logic? Please do so now, or I'll take it that you agree with him.
That guy did not say that I am above logic, he said that God is above logic. God is the origin of all, he founded this physical universe and laid down it's laws and nature. He founded logic, therefore he is greater than logic. This does not mean he is illogical. It means there is a limit to the logic especially with regards to some peculiar events in this very universe.
Re: Logic, Language, Topology, Joshthefirst by PastorAIO: 10:49pm On May 20, 2017
Joshthefirst:
That guy did not say that I am above logic, he said that God is above logic. God is the origin of all, he founded this physical universe and laid down it's laws and nature. He founded logic, therefore he is greater than logic. This does not mean he is illogical. It means there is a limit to the logic especially with regards to some peculiar events in this very universe.

Hhhhhhhaaaaaahhh!!! Why you people dey lie like this na? So blatant, so unflinching, so bold. On the same thread!!! shocked shocked cry

Where do you get this deceitful spirit from? It's so nasty. It's so sad.

Joshthefirst:
That guy did not say that I am above logic.

LaClicKLaBenDin:

Young man, a Holy Spirit filled Christian is not a natural man, not a logical man,

Please let's put an end to this conversation, we're not on the same wavelength in matters like this. No disrespect.

Or perhaps you don't know that I can read too. Or perhaps you have another understanding of 'not a logical man'.

The guy, who, as you are now defending his words, I take it you're in agreement with, states categorically that he is not just referring to God but to the Christian, the Christian life and the Bible.

Why must you dey lie lie like dis? Na demons o, that is my only explanation that I can think up. Demonic infestation.
Re: Logic, Language, Topology, Joshthefirst by LaClicKLaBenDin(m): 6:49am On May 21, 2017
PastorAIO:

Hhhhhhhaaaaaahhh!!! Why you people dey lie like this na? So blatant, so unflinching, so bold. On the same thread!!! shocked shocked cry

Or perhaps you don't know that I can read too. Or perhaps you have another understanding of 'not a logical man'.

The guy, who, as you are now defending his words, I take it you're in agreement with, states categorically that he is not just referring to God but to the Christian, the Christian life and the Bible.

Why must you dey lie lie like dis? Na demons o, that is my only explanation that I can think up. Demonic infestation.

Like I said, the Christian life transcends logic!
Human logic is very limited and myopic, but that doesn't mean that Christians are illogical, it rather means that we have come to understand how limited human logic is, and also come to understand the true working of the spirit of God in our lives, that has over time, come to make us appreciate the fact that we have to view the universe and everything that happens in it from the creator's perspective, and when you yield yourself totally to the creator's perspective, only then will you truly understand that life itself is a mystery that makes logic look most silly..

How can I trust the logical explanation of scientists who are still in the journey of understanding the universe? How can I give myself totally to the logic of a bunch of people who over the years are still trying to make a meaning of life?
They do not have all the answers yet, but then they want us to believe that theirs is the best view of life? How does that sound to you? I'd rather trust the One who was in the very beginning, even before the universe came into being.

The Christian life is the higher life!
Re: Logic, Language, Topology, Joshthefirst by Joshthefirst(m): 12:50pm On May 21, 2017
PastorAIO:

Calm down. I thought you did not believe in demons? I didn't go back to review the thread so I slightly misquoted him, but I agree with his reply above completely, and I believe he agrees with me.
That God and his children transcend logic, does not mean we, or our faith, are illogical.
Re: Logic, Language, Topology, Joshthefirst by PastorAIO: 1:07pm On May 21, 2017
Joshthefirst:
Calm down. I thought you did not believe in demons?

Well you thought wrong. If you read my posts carefully going back you'll find that I do believe in demons and I do believe that demons go about masquerading as angels of light.

I didn't go back to review the thread so I slightly misquoted him, but I agree with his reply above completely, and I believe he agrees with me.
That God and his children transcend logic, does not mean we, or our faith, are illogical.

So if you agreed with him before then why did you try to duck by saying that he never said you were above logic? Anyway shaa... leave that to one side.

The crux of the matter on this thread is whether or not you were being logical. You agree with him that you are above logic. However this is what you said that prompted this whole thread:

Joshthefirst:
Of course. I've been logical in this matter from the start.

Now that you also agree with the other dude, please tell us.

In this matter that we are discussing..... Are you being Logical or are you being above logic?

part of logic is the awareness of what is called Mutual Exclusivity. You cannot make Sense and be Nonsensical at the same time, these things are mutually exclusive. Se you understand.

You claimed to be Logical in this matter that we are discussing from the very start, then suddenly when it suits you you claim that what you are saying is above logic. These are mutually exclusive. Please make it clear for us. Which one is it?
Re: Logic, Language, Topology, Joshthefirst by Joshthefirst(m): 7:17am On May 22, 2017
PastorAIO:

Now that you also agree with the other dude, please tell us.

In this matter that we are discussing..... Are you being Logical or are you being above logic?

part of logic is the awareness of what is called Mutual Exclusivity. You cannot make Sense and be Nonsensical at the same time, these things are mutually exclusive. Se you understand.

You claimed to be Logical in this matter that we are discussing from the very start, then suddenly when it suits you you claim that what you are saying is above logic. These are mutually exclusive. Please make it clear for us. Which one is it?
I have not claimed that anything I've said so far is above logic.
I repeat, I've been logical from the start, I'm even logical in explaining how God, the author of everything, would necessarily transcend logic.
Re: Logic, Language, Topology, Joshthefirst by Joshthefirst(m): 7:19am On May 22, 2017
Do you agree that God will obviously transcend logic if he is the author of all processes?
And do you realize that the fact that he transcends logic does not make him illogical?
Re: Logic, Language, Topology, Joshthefirst by Akiintom: 7:36am On May 22, 2017
LaClicKLaBenDin:

Let me state it categorically, without mincing words; The Christian life, the Bible and God transcends every kind of human logic or wisdom.
b]
If there "exist" an idea, that transcends human sensors, how did the idea, find its way into human experience in the first place.?

LaClicKLaBenDin:

You either believe in God or you don't, no one is forcing anyone, but when you close your eyes in death, that's when reality will set in.

Reality? Have you died before and return here?
Re: Logic, Language, Topology, Joshthefirst by LaClicKLaBenDin(m): 9:32am On May 22, 2017
Akiintom:

If there "exist" an idea, that transcends human sensors, how did the idea, find its way into human experience in the first place.?

Reality? Have you died before and return here?

Your first question is quite simple; when you yield yourself to the originator of this idea that transcends human sensors, as you put it, He will reveal all to you and make it abundantly clear to you.

To the second question, the answer is in my answer to your first question. If you had an understanding of life the way we do through the leading of the spirit of God, only then will you understand that this physical life and world are only but temporal and that the life after death is eternal...

But before you can fully grasp all these, you have to yield yourself to the master.
Re: Logic, Language, Topology, Joshthefirst by Akiintom: 11:16am On May 22, 2017
LaClicKLaBenDin:

Your first question is quite simple; when you yield yourself to the originator of this idea that transcends human sensors, as you put it, He will reveal all to you and make it abundantly clear to you.

To the second question, the answer is in my answer to your first question. If you had an understanding of life the way we do through the leading of the spirit of God, only then will you understand that this physical life and world are only but temporal and that the life after death is eternal...

But before you can fully grasp all these, you have to yield yourself to the master.

The only master, originator and spirit of God, is the BIBLE period!

Outside the NORMAL sensors of human, no knowledge is perceptible or observable.

If you have never had any contact with any idea about God, you certainly wouldn't be talking about a thing called God now.

(1) (2) (Reply)

144000, Who Are They? / An Atheist Chat With A Christian (picture) / To Christians And Muslims: Essential Questions About Heaven

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.