Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,401 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:30 PM

Help Me With Outlook Configuration - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help Me With Outlook Configuration (973 Views)

Outlook.com: Microsoft's New & Better Email Service (goodbye Hotmail) / Anybody With Glo Internet Configuration Setting For Non-glo Modem / Configure your Microsoft Outlook to read Gmail and other email providers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Me With Outlook Configuration by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jan 03, 2007
hi guys all out there, happy new year to you all.
I really need your help on the way i will go about to configure my outlook using my yahoo mail address on my desktop.
I browse the internet using my phone NEC e313 3G phone on my desktop.
Pls if it is possible to set it up that way, kindly let me know and the procedure am to go setting it up.
Thanks all
Re: Help Me With Outlook Configuration by roflmao: 12:47pm On Jan 03, 2007
To my best knowledge you can't if you're using the general yahoo account you signed-up for freely (which I presume is the case!). You can only do that if you have the yahoo premium account that attracts a subscription charge where you'll be given access to their imap/pop and smtp server to configure a third party e-mail client.

Free accounts can be accessed on your phone cos yahoo's site is WAP compatible, I guess. I've checked my yahoo mails a couple of times on my previous phone Nokia 6230 in the past when I needed to.
Re: Help Me With Outlook Configuration by Nobody: 11:53am On Jan 04, 2007
@ rof-imao,
thanks for that reply of yours.Am very grateful ,but one more thing is it also possible to set up the outlook using a Gmail address.PLs Reply Back
Re: Help Me With Outlook Configuration by roflmao: 4:05pm On Jan 04, 2007
Re: Help Me With Outlook Configuration by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jan 12, 2007
thanks so much for that info rof-imao,
i will try and input that on my system, i will let you know if it works, which am sure it will definitely

(1) (Reply)

A Zune 4 Sale / Lagos Free Browsing / Hp Pavilion Amd Turion 64bit For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.