Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,314 members, 7,954,257 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:31 PM

Samsung Recalls Galaxy Note 7 From Nigeria - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung Recalls Galaxy Note 7 From Nigeria (12625 Views)

Infinix Note 7(N89,500) Vs Infinix S5 Pro(N96,000),which Should You Buy?(photos) / Infinix Note 7 Unveiled With 6.95-inch Display And Mediatek Helio G70 / Samsung Recalls Galaxy Note 7 From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Samsung Recalls Galaxy Note 7 From Nigeria by zinachidi(m): 8:30am On Nov 02, 2016
Dealers in Nigeria have returned several unsold Galaxy Note 7 phones and had their money refunded. However, the buyers of the sold phones have refused to return them to the dealers for onward return to Samsung.

Although the Galaxy Note 7 phones had not been officially released in Nigeria before the recall, some dealers and customers had already purchased the phone from other countries.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that Samsung Electronics West Africa had made provision for dealers to safely package and return the phones to the company due to fault it admitted.

Vincent Anago, a dealer in phones and accessories at Banex plaza, said “dealers across the country have been asked to return the Galaxy Note 7 phones which they have in stock.
“We have returned the ones we have and have been refunded but we still haven’t had many of our customers return the ones we sold them.”
Uche Okoro, a phone dealer, said that quite a number of the phones had been returned to the company but many Nigerians failed to oblige with the request.

“We have been asked to return these phones because of the malfunction which is hazardous but it seems Nigerians are not worried about the situation.

“Some of us were able to get these phones and introduce them to the Nigerian market on time and despite the high cost they sold well.

“We have had a few reported incidences of the phone batteries heating up and leading to a fire and we expected that more people will be convinced of the danger the phone poses.
“We are still pleading with Nigerians to return these phones for an exchange or refund and to take advantage of the opportunity now because the phones won’t be accepted after Samsung stops requesting for them.”

Samsung had first called for the return and halting of sales of the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 products in September due to the number of battery explosions that were reported by consumers.
(NAN)

www.premiumtimesng.com/business/business-news/214261-samsung-recalls-galaxy-note-7-nigeria.html

1 Share

Re: Samsung Recalls Galaxy Note 7 From Nigeria by veekid(m): 11:31am On Nov 02, 2016
#whayasay
Re: Samsung Recalls Galaxy Note 7 From Nigeria by Godson201333(m): 11:32am On Nov 02, 2016
Hahah
Re: Samsung Recalls Galaxy Note 7 From Nigeria by jeeqaa7(m): 11:32am On Nov 02, 2016
dem go shock sey 75% of the returned phones na chinko...

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Samsung Recalls Galaxy Note 7 From Nigeria by Nobody: 11:32am On Nov 02, 2016
Useless phone

3 Likes

Re: Samsung Recalls Galaxy Note 7 From Nigeria by martyns303(m): 11:33am On Nov 02, 2016
Samsung will experience a major loss, but good to see they take their brand name and safety serious.

2 Likes

Re: Samsung Recalls Galaxy Note 7 From Nigeria by Debaddest(m): 11:33am On Nov 02, 2016
My IPhone7 has the same fault, I don't even know what to do now cos my chest is doing me somehow....

2 Likes

Re: Samsung Recalls Galaxy Note 7 From Nigeria by Nobody: 11:33am On Nov 02, 2016
Re: Samsung Recalls Galaxy Note 7 From Nigeria by Nobody: 11:33am On Nov 02, 2016
grin grin grin grin
Re: Samsung Recalls Galaxy Note 7 From Nigeria by redcliff: 11:33am On Nov 02, 2016
the funny thing is that not all note7s would be affected
Re: Samsung Recalls Galaxy Note 7 From Nigeria by Lexusgs430: 11:34am On Nov 02, 2016
redcliff:
the funny thing is that not all note7s would be affected

Would you be happy to take the risk ?

2 Likes

Re: Samsung Recalls Galaxy Note 7 From Nigeria by auntysimbiat(f): 11:35am On Nov 02, 2016
Nice
Re: Samsung Recalls Galaxy Note 7 From Nigeria by Kennedymac(m): 11:36am On Nov 02, 2016
lol any body wey buy am for naija no go ever return am untill the thing explode for his hand
Re: Samsung Recalls Galaxy Note 7 From Nigeria by nigconnect(m): 11:36am On Nov 02, 2016
some Nigerians say they are not returning it some people stubborn sha

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Samsung Recalls Galaxy Note 7 From Nigeria by DrayZee: 11:36am On Nov 02, 2016
When will Apple call back the iPhone 7's?
Re: Samsung Recalls Galaxy Note 7 From Nigeria by sakalisis(m): 11:36am On Nov 02, 2016
lipsrsealed
Re: Samsung Recalls Galaxy Note 7 From Nigeria by rhektor(m): 11:37am On Nov 02, 2016
I can remember posting about android phones here sometimes ago, however because lala, seun, mynd44 et all did not see snake or boobs that post never go near fp.
GOD is watching you all in 3D
https://www.nairaland.com/3275516/security-flaws-found-millions-android

1 Like

Re: Samsung Recalls Galaxy Note 7 From Nigeria by blessedvisky(m): 11:37am On Nov 02, 2016
Nigerians be like :What is note 7 explosion beside Boko Haram. If Boko No reach my side, nothing go do this phone jhare.

Meanwhile Samsung be like

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Samsung Recalls Galaxy Note 7 From Nigeria by okonja(m): 11:37am On Nov 02, 2016
hurray
Re: Samsung Recalls Galaxy Note 7 From Nigeria by takenadoh: 11:37am On Nov 02, 2016
Wondering why they are specifically hav to mention naija it was a global recall.

[url]thenaijalisting..com.ng[/url]
Re: Samsung Recalls Galaxy Note 7 From Nigeria by DrayZee: 11:38am On Nov 02, 2016
rhektor:
I can remember posting about android phones here sometimes ago, however because lala, seun, mynd44 et all did not see snake or boobs that post never go near fp.
GOD is watching you all in 3D
https://www.nairaland.com/3275516/security-flaws-found-millions-android
Maybe the thread isn't that important.
I mean, what do you want us to do?
We should all be using iPhones now?

We like our phones like that.
Re: Samsung Recalls Galaxy Note 7 From Nigeria by martineverest(m): 11:38am On Nov 02, 2016
nigconnect:
some Nigerians
say they are not returning it
some people stubborn sha
over 1 million users refused to return theirs
Re: Samsung Recalls Galaxy Note 7 From Nigeria by budusky05(m): 11:39am On Nov 02, 2016
What is Samsung note 7?
Re: Samsung Recalls Galaxy Note 7 From Nigeria by MadCow1: 11:39am On Nov 02, 2016
Recalls in Nigeria?
Re: Samsung Recalls Galaxy Note 7 From Nigeria by alatbaba1(m): 11:39am On Nov 02, 2016
Hope say dem go give $100 as dem give in US and china
Re: Samsung Recalls Galaxy Note 7 From Nigeria by passyhansome(m): 11:40am On Nov 02, 2016
New prayer point may your enemy life explode like Samsung note 7

1 Like

Re: Samsung Recalls Galaxy Note 7 From Nigeria by fatherAbraam(m): 11:40am On Nov 02, 2016
If battery is d issue, change d battery and keep using.......lolcheesycheesycheesy
Re: Samsung Recalls Galaxy Note 7 From Nigeria by redcliff: 11:41am On Nov 02, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Would you be happy to take the risk ?

well, its not easy to just offload a phone with ur personal information on it these days. Also, considering Nigeria factor. If they are not paying me immidiately I am giving them the phone, then i would be very skeptical on heeding to a recall.

1 Like

Re: Samsung Recalls Galaxy Note 7 From Nigeria by DrayZee: 11:41am On Nov 02, 2016
MadCow1:
Recalls in Nigeria?
Yes. This is Samsung, not Apple.

1 Like

Re: Samsung Recalls Galaxy Note 7 From Nigeria by AKMoney1(m): 11:41am On Nov 02, 2016
eh yea, sorry for the loss Samsung cry

BTW FG should buy them all and use them in fighting boko boys grin cheesy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Samsung Recalls Galaxy Note 7 From Nigeria by rhektor(m): 11:42am On Nov 02, 2016
DrayZee:

Maybe the thread isn't that important.
I mean, what do you want us to do?
We should all be using iPhones now?

We like our phones like that.

Did you even read it at all?
I am still using my Chinese android phone for your information
Re: Samsung Recalls Galaxy Note 7 From Nigeria by DrayZee: 11:44am On Nov 02, 2016
rhektor:

Did you even read it at all?
I am still using my Chinese android phone for your information
I read the thread.
But I don't understand what you want us to do about it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

January update: Download Dream League Soccer 2020 Mod For Android (DLS 20) / My top 5 utility apps You Must Download For Your Android Device / OPPO launches A1k and A5s Mid Range Smartphones Into The Nigerian Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.