Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,038 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:16 AM

The Script Linda Ikeji Social Was Built On - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / The Script Linda Ikeji Social Was Built On (2400 Views)

Linda Ikeji Social Forum Plagiarizes Nairaland Rules / What Was Linda Ikeji Social Built With / Review Of Linda Ikeji Social (LIS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Script Linda Ikeji Social Was Built On by bestspoke: 1:52pm On Nov 02, 2016
Ok for those asking.

The script was not built from scratch but rather with laravel php framework.Not a bad choice thou https://www.quora.com/What-is-it-like-using-the-Laravel-framework-for-a-social-networking-site-project. But It's gonna be big,Its gonna grow but I think the best social networks online were not built with cheap 42dollar scripts open to exploits, hijack, cloning and all.And to think it was built on a free script is...

Well If it is crap It might still work because it is Linda, Her blog looks crappy with all sort of inflammatory ads but it still boomed. But Cheap scripts and even cheap hosting. Whoever the tech engineers are should not have gone for anything less than an Amazon server. Abi she think say blogger na beans ni.

Well I hope they get it right as time goes on. Meanwhile out of curiosity I made my research and I found the scripts that were tweaked to come up with LIS

Lara Social
https://github.com/msalom28/Larasocial

Socialite
https://codecanyon.net/item/socialite-laravel-social-network-script/17553328

2 Likes

Re: The Script Linda Ikeji Social Was Built On by Nobody: 4:35pm On Nov 02, 2016
lol... nice work bro...

Just that some web designers probably living in her street collected more than a million to build the site
Re: The Script Linda Ikeji Social Was Built On by Nobody: 5:40pm On Nov 02, 2016
I can't predict the future. But I think a handful of people in that social network will be females. Her blog did well, but adding a social network when we already have giants like facebook and twitter is something I can't fathom. My view though.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Script Linda Ikeji Social Was Built On by bestspoke: 7:01pm On Nov 02, 2016
Sircomeference:
lol... nice work bro...

Just that some web designers probably living in her street collected more than a million to build the site

Exactly my concern here.
Re: The Script Linda Ikeji Social Was Built On by directonpc(m): 8:13pm On Nov 02, 2016
I think building a social network should be something from scratch. If you must use a framework build ur own.

2 Likes

Re: The Script Linda Ikeji Social Was Built On by IamWebwiz(m): 1:45am On Nov 03, 2016
Nice one bro. Good try.
Re: The Script Linda Ikeji Social Was Built On by topabunmi(m): 11:02am On Nov 03, 2016
The website looks when you are signed in is an utter mess. My comments below;
1. Even if the brand colour is red it does not mean that there should have multiple links all stacked up together in red.
2. The best social networks that thrive have 70% organic content from your friends and 30% sponsored content.
3. That logo is a total shame.
4. Linda could have easily launched a community using Discourse.
5. On the profile photo, Somehow these developers think it is best practice to have Linda’s face before we add our profile images.

So just like i expected it is a celebration of bad user experience, lots of red links everywhere. Creating your own social media platform takes trailer loads of courage and I wish her all the best.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Script Linda Ikeji Social Was Built On by imohchard(m): 6:59pm On Nov 03, 2016
And the name of the website already put me off

1 Like

Re: The Script Linda Ikeji Social Was Built On by talk2hb1(m): 11:52pm On Nov 03, 2016
imohchard:
And the name of the website already put me off
Same here, what she never understand was that not everybody is her fan but anybody could like the social network.
Importantly she did not foresee the social network going PLC judging from the name no serious investor will want to social network that carries the name of the founder and importantly carrying her picture as DP.

3 Likes

Re: The Script Linda Ikeji Social Was Built On by imohchard(m): 11:55pm On Nov 03, 2016
talk2hb1:

Same here, what she never understand was that not everybody is her fan but anybody could like the social network.
Importantly she did not foresee the social network going PLC judging from the name no serious investor will want to social network that carries the name of the founder and importantly carrying her picture as DP.

Even if she would spend more, LIB.com or Lis.com would have been well worth it
Re: The Script Linda Ikeji Social Was Built On by nairathan78: 11:57pm On Nov 03, 2016
Learn My Secret Method On how i keep raking money using content ad You can read the whole story here:
http://contentadcash..com
Re: The Script Linda Ikeji Social Was Built On by Bigajeff(m): 11:35am On Nov 04, 2016
The almighty Facebook was built on free Open source script found in softaculous, The most visited social forum in Africa nairaland was built on SMF. all free script. I have seen exact clone script of Instagram & twitter. So its not about script but the value that you add that make your user loyal to your platform, when you give them the right bait, you are on your way to $ traffic, u know what I mean.

1 Like

Re: The Script Linda Ikeji Social Was Built On by directonpc(m): 1:53pm On Nov 04, 2016
Bigajeff:
The almighty Facebook was built on free Open source script found in softaculous, The most visited social forum in Africa nairaland was built on SMF. all free script. I have seen exact clone script of Instagram & twitter. So its not about script but the value that you add that make your user loyal to your platform, when you give them the right bait, you are on your way to $ traffic, u know what I mean.
Mr man is softaculous a script or a script installer?
Re: The Script Linda Ikeji Social Was Built On by bestspoke: 7:20pm On Nov 04, 2016
Bigajeff:

The Almighty facebook was built on free ....haba!

Don't just make submissions without facts...it will save you from embarrassments during arguments.

I get you point its not about the script but the value.ok agreed and i hope you read my post well.

Saying facebook was built on a free script found on Softaculous is ridiculous.
Softaculous became official only in 2009 with only few cms. we all know the story of zuckerberg and facebook which became official as far back as 2004.

The clones you see around were works that came after the launch of this giants.

So get the point sir...Its 12years later this sites have evolved and in 2016 webmasters should truly advocate quality UX..Even if you'll use an existing scripts try work on the UI and improve the css.
It will make you a better programmer.

2 Likes

Re: The Script Linda Ikeji Social Was Built On by barigabaze: 1:52pm On Mar 29, 2017
The site is bad.
www.kingsweb.com.ng
Re: The Script Linda Ikeji Social Was Built On by Endurance01(m): 6:24am On Oct 09, 2017
pls how can one download this socialite or get the package. And also how can one get a site like lindasocial but not as full of activities like hers
Re: The Script Linda Ikeji Social Was Built On by Finstar: 7:05am On Oct 09, 2017
Empty
Re: The Script Linda Ikeji Social Was Built On by Finstar: 7:05am On Oct 09, 2017
First impression matters and sadly, i wasn't impressed. The name put me off already like WTF? I haven't even feel the urge to check it out.. Business is all about being in the shoe of your target audience.. It's like a detective, going into the mind of a serial killer. This is psychology and if you overlook it, you will pack sooner than you expect me. Unfortunately, LIB has made a name and that alone is keeping her on a solid ground.

I discovered recently that you can't even comment on her blog a link.. Just your name and comment.. That's bad, especially to those who wants to build a brand by being a regular commenter. Not everyone like spamming with links..

Anyway, whatever works for her..

(1) (Reply)

How To Convince A Hotel To Let Me Design Their Website / 48 Commentluv Dofollow Blogs To Increase Your blog Traffic / Bungo Stray Dogs: TotL unlimited ability stones hack download Android iOS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.