Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,240 members, 7,829,441 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:58 AM

Linda Ikeji Social: Letter To Seun Osewa Regarding Nairaland Social. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Linda Ikeji Social: Letter To Seun Osewa Regarding Nairaland Social. (1124 Views)

Kudos To Seun As He Cleanses Nairaland. / Today Is Seun Osewa Birthday...let's Show Him Love (post Your Greetings) / 5 Reasons Never To Sign-up With Linda Ikeji's Social (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Linda Ikeji Social: Letter To Seun Osewa Regarding Nairaland Social. by Codedrock(m): 5:21pm On Nov 02, 2016
Well, I don't know how to start this but firstly I'll tell everyone linda Ikeji just launched a blogging social network. The site called Linda Ikeji Social has been endorsed by many celebrities and big Nigerian techies like Mark Essen.
Personally I think the idea is great but from my experience in the internet world I don't think the platform will be a successful one most especially judging by many that have tried it and failed.amd I'll have to say the name will be a turnoff for many users.

But back to the main point.
Seun once said: Since Google can't compete with Facebook then no one else can, which I totally agree.
But the game is changing right now a lot of people are tired of Facebook, and secondly we need something a bit social like Facebook and Twitter right now why? A lot of Africans advertise on Facebook why? Because of how deep one can target ads on Facebook. Based on location,gender, interest and more. I used to advertise on Facebook but now I can't advertise anymore why?
*Facebook reach now very poor
*Facebook is unfair to African advertisers
*The dollar rate.

But if we have something close to Facebook that could have been a solution for me but there isn't.
Oga Seun I know I disturb you a lot and I'm not just trying to get attention I just like to pass my suggestions.
Seun isn't it time Nairaland grow a bit wider? I mean there is Nairaland forum there could be a Nairaland Social I don't think one will affect the other all it needs is connection to each other.
And definitely I know you've thought of this even deeper than myself but I can't get why you won't try.
Not to mention Nairaland forum hasn't gotten any serious new features since 2012.

Last year I asked you something related to this you said you got something coming up this year but I waited and waited and now the year's over.

Anyways you know I love Nairaland a lot and I would love to see it expand have tens of employees.
Well, just in case you have something coming up, and though I'm not a programmer I would always love to work at Nairaland one day.

So Guys what do you think? ?
And Seun what do you say??

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Linda Ikeji Social: Letter To Seun Osewa Regarding Nairaland Social. by Codedrock(m): 5:22pm On Nov 02, 2016
Seun Mark Essien just twitted you on Twitter asking when NL Social is coming up... .

1 Like

Re: Linda Ikeji Social: Letter To Seun Osewa Regarding Nairaland Social. by finally1(m): 5:30pm On Nov 02, 2016
we dont want ...nl is bera like this

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Linda Ikeji Social: Letter To Seun Osewa Regarding Nairaland Social. by Codedrock(m): 5:31pm On Nov 02, 2016
Seun, You can't imagine how many times I have thought, imagine,plan and develop ideas of how a Nairaland Social will look like and work.
Re: Linda Ikeji Social: Letter To Seun Osewa Regarding Nairaland Social. by weselomo(m): 5:40pm On Nov 02, 2016
mko abiola once said: only those who failed are those who dont try.
Oga seun, it cost u nothing to put in a try.., the fans and supporters are already there

2 Likes

Re: Linda Ikeji Social: Letter To Seun Osewa Regarding Nairaland Social. by talktonase(m): 6:10pm On Nov 02, 2016
Learn to think outside box and stop being complacent....limitless opportunities abound.

1 Like

Re: Linda Ikeji Social: Letter To Seun Osewa Regarding Nairaland Social. by 9jaBloke: 6:36pm On Nov 02, 2016
Three major things will negatively affect LIS.

1. The name: Linda Ikeji Social is too personalized. Most smart techies avoid this stereotype: Facebook, My space, Google, Nairaland e.t.c. I understand that she intends to draw traffic from LIB and proly kill the blog eventually, but a more universal domain name would have been better.

2. The Ease of Access: users will have to go through a long process of registration and you cannot access it as a guest. Unlike blogs where you don't have to log in and out.

3. The Privacy: One good thing about nairaland is that everyone is anonymous. It gives u a certain morale to express yourself. LIS totally blows ur cover and this regime is not smiling.

Me I dey nairaland. No leave, no transfer.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Linda Ikeji Social: Letter To Seun Osewa Regarding Nairaland Social. by femolacqua(m): 6:51pm On Nov 02, 2016
Think it's time to move it to the next level.

1 Like

Re: Linda Ikeji Social: Letter To Seun Osewa Regarding Nairaland Social. by Seun(m): 8:09pm On Nov 02, 2016
Thanks for the suggestions!

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1)

What Will You Do With 20 Million Naira? / This 20 Years Old Girl Died Because Of This.... A Facebook User. (photos). / See Man Caught Practicing Wizardry And Banished From His Village (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.