Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,283 members, 7,839,391 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:25 PM

Shame In Calabar - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Shame In Calabar (840 Views)

Pictures From The Super Eagles Camp In Calabar / Ethiopia's Coach Confident As They Arrive In Calabar / Sunday Mba Vows To Shame Critics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shame In Calabar by vwvw(m): 8:16pm On Oct 28, 2009
iran and colombia match suspended due to bad rain
Re: Shame In Calabar by vwvw(m): 8:18pm On Oct 28, 2009
wink And i saw the game in Enugu earlier on and i wondered what's going on
Re: Shame In Calabar by buffead(f): 9:32pm On Oct 28, 2009
wats with ppl running up nd down cnt they control da crowd omdaiiizzzzz dis ppl be animals
Re: Shame In Calabar by FBS: 8:58am On Oct 29, 2009
Shame undecided? In what manner? Just how do you expect them to stop the rain?
Some of you just love to yab this country at any given opportunity.
If you have to voice your anger, go to the bleeding streets or Aso rock and stop bleating here.

@buffhead, ya head no kwarect. How can you call your fellow country people (Homosapiens just like you) animals? That's some lack of respect.
Re: Shame In Calabar by vwvw(m): 9:32am On Oct 29, 2009
well can't stop rain dude. but the enugu pitch was waterlogged; shouldn't have been. Before the rains, that pitch was suspect. WE DEMAND A PROBE
Re: Shame In Calabar by vwvw(m): 9:34am On Oct 29, 2009
LOOOL, breeze don open FOWL YANSH DON OPEN. this astro turf no get drainage. FIFA talk say na AFRICAN THING and you talk say no be be disgrace
Re: Shame In Calabar by Abuzola(m): 12:13pm On Oct 29, 2009
The field was flooded, i was shock as well. what a disgrace
Re: Shame In Calabar by FBS: 12:29pm On Oct 29, 2009
vwvw:

well can't stop rain dude. but the enugu pitch was waterlogged; shouldn't have been. Before the rains, that pitch was suspect. WE DEMAND A PROBE
grin grin grin
Re: Shame In Calabar by vwvw(m): 12:41pm On Oct 29, 2009
@FBS, sad sad sad laughing when your naira and kobo keeps going down the drain in Enugu and Calabar.
Re: Shame In Calabar by LDEE: 12:49pm On Oct 29, 2009
was surprised that a match like this could be suspended cos of rain, yes we dont have the power over rain but we sure can learn how to make pitches that wont be water logged and we can have a good image.
thank God it was not NEPA this time around.
Re: Shame In Calabar by FBS: 2:06pm On Oct 29, 2009
vwvw:

@FBS, sad sad sad laughing when your naira and kobo keeps going down the drain in Enugu and Calabar.
bros, just how will you start this probe? via Nairaland?
Now you see my reason for laughing? grin
Re: Shame In Calabar by vwvw(m): 2:23pm On Oct 29, 2009
@fb. my bruva u never can say; great things start from small beginning. like play like play; nairaland enter top 200 global forums. u never know whether seun don dey enter Aso rock on our behalf dey collect contract. tomorrow nairaland go dey valued at 1 billion dollars like facebook and we go dey ask how come
Re: Shame In Calabar by FBS: 2:40pm On Oct 29, 2009
vwvw:

@fb. my bruva u never can say; great things start from small beginning. like play like play; nairaland enter top 200 global forums. u never know whether seun don dey enter Aso rock on our behalf dey collect contract. tomorrow nairaland go dey valued at 1 billion dollars like facebook and we go dey ask how come
You have a point but I would have preferred you go directly to Aso Rock or stage a massive protest and demand for a probe. Now that's what I'm talking about.
Re: Shame In Calabar by vwvw(m): 3:27pm On Oct 29, 2009
angry My brother Gani don dai. one man protest these days e bi as e get
Re: Shame In Calabar by FBS: 8:15pm On Oct 29, 2009
Do I sense fear here? shocked
Re: Shame In Calabar by kpolli(m): 3:12pm On Nov 10, 2009
FBS:

Shame undecided? In what manner? Just how do you expect them to stop the rain?
Some of you just love to yab this country at any given opportunity.
If you have to voice your anger, go to the bleeding streets or Aso rock and stop bleating here.

@buffhead, ya head no kwarect. How can you call your fellow country people (Homosapiens just like you) animals? That's some lack of respect.

when it rains in other countries, does their grass well up? or do they stop the match?
Re: Shame In Calabar by topeorekoy(m): 7:07am On Nov 11, 2009
but really it happens all over the world. there are times that tennis matches were stopped because of rain but no one ever raised any issues. so why is it that when stuffs like that happened in nigeria, we nigerians make so much noise.

when a cat ran across the field in one of the matches, some1 kept saying it was a shame but we have seen matches in the premiership and europe that animals run around the field and they never made an issue abt it. the most recent, liverpool vs sunderland ( a ballon led to the goal and they never said it was a disgraceful act)

nigerians will always be nigerians with no expectation of good things coming out of the country
Re: Shame In Calabar by FBS: 8:02am On Nov 11, 2009
topeorekoy:

but really it happens all over the world. there are times that tennis matches were stopped because of rain but no one ever raised any issues. so why is it that when stuffs like that happened in nigeria, we nigerians make so much noise.

when a cat ran across the field in one of the matches, some1 kept saying it was a shame but we have seen matches in the premiership and europe that animals run around the field and they never made an issue abt it. the most recent, liverpool vs sunderland ( a ballon led to the goal and they never said it was a disgraceful act)

nigerians will always be nigerians with no expectation of good things coming out of the country
Thank you bro.
Allow them to keep bleating. . .who cares. Such things happen everywhere but once it's in Nigeria then it becomes a disaster. Why are we are own worst enemies?
God will help us.
Re: Shame In Calabar by kpolli(m): 8:22am On Nov 11, 2009
topeorekoy:

so ur comparing a football match with tennis,
Nigeria cant progress until she identifies n accept her problems, take note ur not helping matters by giving excuses
Re: Shame In Calabar by FBS: 9:10am On Nov 11, 2009
Na wa o!
Don't you get it that it can rain anywhere?
Re: Shame In Calabar by kpolli(m): 9:20am On Nov 11, 2009
n u still dont get it that a stadium is built to withstand such rains,
Re: Shame In Calabar by FBS: 9:24am On Nov 11, 2009
Did the stadium collapse? grin undecided
Re: Shame In Calabar by kpolli(m): 9:59am On Nov 11, 2009
but the grass swoll up, which hasnt happened in old trafford or wembley

(1) (Reply)

Only In American Soccer / Disgraceful: Nigeria To Use Worldcup Players For Korea Friendly Match / Emenike: Life Is Good In Russia!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.