Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,749 members, 7,851,564 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:00 PM

Graduate Conductor: A Lagos State Innovation - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Graduate Conductor: A Lagos State Innovation (496 Views)

I'm Officially An Agbero (conductor). / Nigeria Climate Innovation Center (NCIC) Job Recruitment / Latest Vacancies In A Lagos Based Bank, August 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Graduate Conductor: A Lagos State Innovation by Nobody: 1:52pm On Nov 04, 2016
We have in time past called the rulling class in this nation to wear their thinking caps and come up with ideas to help solve our mountainous unemployment problems

All our calls recently began yielding results from IMO state government “ingeniously" made a novel call to her civil servant to work three days in the office or officially and two or the rest days of the week for farming activities or unofficial,which raised questions to every thinking mind if that was the best a serving government could do? Well in that regard, I'd suggest a feather to his unfit cap of leadership

Now the next state to throw in her hart to the ring is Lagos, at least beating others to it by bringing in another idea of a university graduate working as a bus conductor! Excluding their families, don't ask me how sure I am.

Surely not a bad try, hence there is unemployment in the land. The conductors are to be paid 50k per month and people have argued for or against it.

The proponents have said that a university graduate working as a bus conductor gives one a chance of being engaged, putting money into his pocket at the end of every month and keeping his mind out of idleness,afterall, is it not a popular saying that an idle mind is a devils workshop!

To be able bodied and willing to work and not employed even after going through school is to say the least heartrending but more so when a peoples' government brings out a graduate employment scheme without a head way,

correct me if am wrong please, if I as a young graduate, I become a bus conductor for the state government with 50k as my take home pay, what career progression or prospect do I have as a man who will one day get married and perhaps born one or more children and pay their way through schools?

A graduate whose government has provided with an employment in BUS CONDUCTOR section would be bound by the way of life in the field. Though trained, but it is a known fact that the nature of one's business to a great extent determines his/her attitude (ask the politicians ) or are they trying to groom more tools preparatory to the next election?

Why train a class of people who are deemed to have been trained in a nation where not many have the privilege of going to the university for a work totally unfit for them, while a good number are untrained? Should the job of conductor goes down to the graduate, non graduates would work where then,mind you that if a man in the way of hussle joins bus business in any form or level is deference because, he could on that be on the look out for a better place, which unlike, is assumed to have settled.

The conductor training should be an avenue for those who are not privileged to have seen the university classroom or we keep them out at the society's peril for they are equal citizens

Remember, it is not all bad idea but it needs a little twitching.meanwhile, other states should do something,ehehehe

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Recruitment: Personalized Social Media Internet Accessor / Ict Trainers Vacancies At Sholeskyfx Ltd / World Health Organization (WHO) Internship Recruitment - 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.