Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,487 members, 7,819,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

Deformed Baby Delivered In Kaduna Hospital (Viewers' Discretion Advised) - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Deformed Baby Delivered In Kaduna Hospital (Viewers' Discretion Advised) (60955 Views)

10 Patients Go Blind After Injection In A Kaduna Hospital / Kaduna hospital in search of family of boy whose Mum died in accident (Graphic) / Girl's Leg Amputated In Kaduna Hospital Due To Wrong Diagnosis. Graphic Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Deformed Baby Delivered In Kaduna Hospital (Viewers' Discretion Advised) by sorextee(m): 3:51pm On Nov 04, 2016
You just dropped the ball here sir. undecided

BenBruce4Presdt:
[s][/s]

This nonsense you dropped here has no bearing with the condition of this innocent sweet baby, this is a genetic malfunctioning and could happen to anyone..

Her condition is not strange to the medical world (Maybe in Nigeria) but certainly well know and research are going on in many international labs as we write to really discover why the genes could distort to this extent..

Please show some intellectual decorum, if you understand that word.. Mtsheeww!
Re: Deformed Baby Delivered In Kaduna Hospital (Viewers' Discretion Advised) by Nobody: 3:56pm On Nov 04, 2016
Re: Deformed Baby Delivered In Kaduna Hospital (Viewers' Discretion Advised) by Lilimax(f): 3:58pm On Nov 04, 2016
worlexy:
That's the skin condition called Harlequin Ichthyosis. It's an autosomal recessive disorder, meaning to suffer from it, the child's parents both have the abnormal gene( meaning they are likely to be of same ancestor) say no to Incest!
undecided
Re: Deformed Baby Delivered In Kaduna Hospital (Viewers' Discretion Advised) by amelatod: 3:59pm On Nov 04, 2016
This is Ichthyosis
Re: Deformed Baby Delivered In Kaduna Hospital (Viewers' Discretion Advised) by HtwoOw: 4:00pm On Nov 04, 2016
I sincerely hope this is not zika virus else we are done birthing in Nigeria
Re: Deformed Baby Delivered In Kaduna Hospital (Viewers' Discretion Advised) by preetyb(f): 4:04pm On Nov 04, 2016
This is serious
Re: Deformed Baby Delivered In Kaduna Hospital (Viewers' Discretion Advised) by OsuGanja(m): 4:05pm On Nov 04, 2016
May almighty Allah give the parent's the strength to and blessings to take care of this child...In other news,its better to end the babies life now,than letting her grow up and face ridicule from others around her,that alone could bring up suicidal thoughts in her head....#Myopinion

1 Like

Re: Deformed Baby Delivered In Kaduna Hospital (Viewers' Discretion Advised) by edudguy(m): 4:09pm On Nov 04, 2016
I don't know if its only me but I get goose bumps whenever I look at this picture
Re: Deformed Baby Delivered In Kaduna Hospital (Viewers' Discretion Advised) by murmee: 4:11pm On Nov 04, 2016
Danzakidakura:
fail abortion drugs reaction .
EXACTLY!!!
Re: Deformed Baby Delivered In Kaduna Hospital (Viewers' Discretion Advised) by Nobody: 4:27pm On Nov 04, 2016
BenBruce4Presdt:
It's a medical condition that effected the skin from developing properly..

I'm not a medical person but I think this baby for the rest of her life would end up in the hospital..

This is a very serious medical condition because, the white areas are like scales, it form a hard (nail-like) structures and can be very painful and would certainly effect the proper development of certain areas of her body..

They will need to be greasing the whole of her body for her to be experiencing some comfort..

Anytime oil dried from her skin and the scales drys she is gonna be in serious pain and discomfort...

May God be with her and give her parentso courage to strand down this though journey...

The baby won't survive more than a few days
Re: Deformed Baby Delivered In Kaduna Hospital (Viewers' Discretion Advised) by Sirmuel1(m): 4:33pm On Nov 04, 2016
I think they should let the baby rest in peace instead of letting him suffer.
Re: Deformed Baby Delivered In Kaduna Hospital (Viewers' Discretion Advised) by whiteroses(f): 4:35pm On Nov 04, 2016
^oh ye of little faith
Re: Deformed Baby Delivered In Kaduna Hospital (Viewers' Discretion Advised) by esthadewunmi(f): 4:36pm On Nov 04, 2016
Danzakidakura:
fail abortion drugs reaction .
how do you know? Is not compulsory for you to comment.

2 Likes

Re: Deformed Baby Delivered In Kaduna Hospital (Viewers' Discretion Advised) by LorDBolton(m): 4:40pm On Nov 04, 2016
worlexy:
That's the skin condition called Harlequin Ichthyosis. It's an autosomal recessive disorder, meaning to suffer from it, the child's parents both have the abnormal gene( meaning they are likely to be of same ancestor) say no to Incest!

Thumbs up
Re: Deformed Baby Delivered In Kaduna Hospital (Viewers' Discretion Advised) by esthadewunmi(f): 4:40pm On Nov 04, 2016
royalfamily:
Scared after viewing this, see the head like lagbaja own.
why now just try and show some sympathy. The family doesn't wish to be a victim.

1 Like

Re: Deformed Baby Delivered In Kaduna Hospital (Viewers' Discretion Advised) by Nobody: 4:42pm On Nov 04, 2016
OsuGanja:
May almighty Allah give the parent's the strength to and blessings to take care of this child...In other news,its better to end the babies life now,than letting her grow up and face ridicule from others around her,that alone could bring up suicidal thoughts in her head....#Myopinion

They should not kill the baby. I think it takes a few weeks for the hard skin to fall off and the baby becomes a bit normal.
Re: Deformed Baby Delivered In Kaduna Hospital (Viewers' Discretion Advised) by OsuGanja(m): 4:44pm On Nov 04, 2016
kmcutez:

They should not kill the baby. I think it takes a few weeks for the hard skin to fall off and the baby becomes normal.

Are you sure?? I've never seen a condition like this before...
Re: Deformed Baby Delivered In Kaduna Hospital (Viewers' Discretion Advised) by richie9093(m): 4:49pm On Nov 04, 2016
I won't lie, if it was my child I would tell the doctors to put the baby down than allow the child live a life of discrimination and pain.

This is sad.

1 Like

Re: Deformed Baby Delivered In Kaduna Hospital (Viewers' Discretion Advised) by Nobody: 4:51pm On Nov 04, 2016
OsuGanja:

Are you sure?? I've never seen a condition like this before...

The baby can still live a kind of normal life with this condition, but I doubt in Nigeria.

Here is a link to another baby with the same kind of condition. Baby became a bit normal looking after a few weeks.

http://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/meet-brenna-a-baby-with-harlequin-ichthyosis/
Re: Deformed Baby Delivered In Kaduna Hospital (Viewers' Discretion Advised) by modsRbastard: 4:52pm On Nov 04, 2016
Anyone seen that mortal kombat trailer? Where Jax was interrogating scorpion, detailing reptiles profile and how he was born...

Re: Deformed Baby Delivered In Kaduna Hospital (Viewers' Discretion Advised) by Nobody: 4:53pm On Nov 04, 2016
Jesus christ!! What is this shocked I seriously feel like vomiting now.
Re: Deformed Baby Delivered In Kaduna Hospital (Viewers' Discretion Advised) by TamedWolf90: 4:55pm On Nov 04, 2016
dominique:

No drug taken during third or even second trimester can give a foetus such abnormality. Most cases, before the embryo in implanted in the uterus, it had already gotten genetic abnormality. A lot of things could go wrong between conception and implantation of embryo in the womb but God lets nature take its course but not in all cases.

How come you knew all these? Given birth before D?

1 Like

Re: Deformed Baby Delivered In Kaduna Hospital (Viewers' Discretion Advised) by modsRbastard: 5:03pm On Nov 04, 2016
niggereyez:
well, judging from the hands and feet, there are obvious birth deformities. .. The face and eyes are looking photo-shopped to me oh...
Anyway... I wish both mother and baby well

Actually.. The eyes are formed inside out, it's no photos hop, it's real. The rear condition deprives the skin the ability to retain water so the baby is constantly shedding skin, hence the scaly body.

Darn! I'm shocked this excerpt from the trailer mortal kombat rebirth is happening here undecided

1 Like

Re: Deformed Baby Delivered In Kaduna Hospital (Viewers' Discretion Advised) by OsuGanja(m): 5:06pm On Nov 04, 2016
kmcutez:

The baby can still live a kind of normal life with this condition though, but i doubt in Nigeria.

Here is a link to another baby with the same kind of condition. Baby became a bit normal looking after a few weeks.

http://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/meet-brenna-a-baby-with-harlequin-ichthyosis/

The only fear I have for this baby is the stigmatization... You know how Nigerians think....
Re: Deformed Baby Delivered In Kaduna Hospital (Viewers' Discretion Advised) by dominique(f): 5:11pm On Nov 04, 2016
TamedWolf90:

How come you knew all these? Given birth before D?

I did a couple of courses in developmental biology

Where/how have you been?

1 Like

Re: Deformed Baby Delivered In Kaduna Hospital (Viewers' Discretion Advised) by agesron(f): 5:12pm On Nov 04, 2016
lyterydim:
As a medical doctor in university of home teaching hospital....this condiction is called runtum opion it's a genetic disorder caused by what we called lincru funto,

It's happened to every 1 of 100 children in the world,
It has no cure for now but it's preventable.

Thanks

But don't be srious with me I don't even know what am writing maybe am suffering from tamtu tamdu

Oh God! grin grin
Re: Deformed Baby Delivered In Kaduna Hospital (Viewers' Discretion Advised) by RasheedUmar: 5:12pm On Nov 04, 2016
whiteroses:
^oh ye of little faith
He's right, or is that what you call 'living'?
Re: Deformed Baby Delivered In Kaduna Hospital (Viewers' Discretion Advised) by agesron(f): 5:14pm On Nov 04, 2016
This is NO! NO!! NO!!! Oh God.
Re: Deformed Baby Delivered In Kaduna Hospital (Viewers' Discretion Advised) by BAMSRAY(m): 5:15pm On Nov 04, 2016
my God have mercy on this baby.....the parent need God assistance
Re: Deformed Baby Delivered In Kaduna Hospital (Viewers' Discretion Advised) by Nobody: 5:21pm On Nov 04, 2016
Skin condition caused by mutation in the gene that codes for keratin formation. Called Harlequin ichthyosis due to the diamond shaped sscale-like formation of the skin. Very very rare....1 in 300,000 births I believe. I actually want to see this.
Re: Deformed Baby Delivered In Kaduna Hospital (Viewers' Discretion Advised) by TamedWolf90: 5:23pm On Nov 04, 2016
dominique:

I did a couple of courses in developmental biology

Where/how have you been?

I'm always around ,just read and go my way but I always look out for you... You too like stories nah and Bibijay123 never disappoints...Thinking of getting her for you so she can be telling you the stories straight to you ears.. Bibi what you think? D how are you doing too?
Re: Deformed Baby Delivered In Kaduna Hospital (Viewers' Discretion Advised) by ukachy69: 5:30pm On Nov 04, 2016
Paediatric hydrop fetalis Maybe . . . . Maybe

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Somto Hospital In Owerri Demolished By Hope Uzodinma (Photos) / COVID-19: Bukola Olopade Tests Positive, First Case In Nigerian Sports / What Is Jedi Jedi Called In English Language

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.