Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,052 members, 7,821,622 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:56 PM

COVID-19: Bukola Olopade Tests Positive, First Case In Nigerian Sports - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / COVID-19: Bukola Olopade Tests Positive, First Case In Nigerian Sports (60970 Views)

Coronavirus: Lagos Provides More Information About Nigeria's First Case / Coronavirus: Nigeria Confirms First Case / Coronavirus Hits Africa, Egypt Records First Case (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

COVID-19: Bukola Olopade Tests Positive, First Case In Nigerian Sports by Nobody: 7:26am On Mar 27, 2020
Former Ogun State Commissioner of Youth and Sports, Bukola Olopade, has confirmed testing positive to the coronavirus, The PUNCH reports.

He becomes the first sports personality in Nigeria to contract the virus.

Olopade, who had earlier announced in a video post on Tuesday that he had gone for the COVID-19 test, kept to his promise to reveal his status once the results were released.

In a video posted online, Olopade said he had been in self-isolation since he realised he had symptoms of the deadly virus.

“A few days ago I did make a video that I have been tested for COVID-19, I did promise to make it public once it was done and it has come out a couple of hours ago, that I tested positive for COVID-19,” Olopade said in a video he posted on Thursday.

“As you all know, it’s not a death sentence, it’s not the end of the world, I feel no symptoms, I feel great and I feel healthy. But I have been called in and I have packed my stuff ready to go in for observation and by the special grace of God, I will come out with a clean bill of health.”

The Chief Executive Officer of Nilayo Sports Management, however, advised the general public to adhere strictly to the government directive that people should stay at home and observe the social distancing due to the outbreak of the deadly virus.

“Please stick to all the advice by the government and the World Health Organisation. Please stay at home and do your social distancing and wash your hands regularly. I will see you all in a rebound.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXAUhMKvWO8
https://punchng.com/covid-19-olopade-tests-positive-first-case-in-sports/?fbclid=IwAR0yapp5HgQ8upOXl-FrYhI3SJhtQFo_RrwdNuuu1P-40lH0mBsUU4-MCaQ

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Bukola Olopade Tests Positive, First Case In Nigerian Sports by LOVEGINO(m): 7:33am On Mar 27, 2020
Na WA oooo. No where to hide

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Bukola Olopade Tests Positive, First Case In Nigerian Sports by RichDad1(m): 7:34am On Mar 27, 2020
Testing positive is not a death sentence. cool
God speed sire.

221 Likes 7 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Bukola Olopade Tests Positive, First Case In Nigerian Sports by bigiyaro(m): 7:37am On Mar 27, 2020
how did he catch the virus?

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Bukola Olopade Tests Positive, First Case In Nigerian Sports by Nobody: 7:39am On Mar 27, 2020
All land borders should be closed as soon as possible.

All movement halted.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Bukola Olopade Tests Positive, First Case In Nigerian Sports by haryorbarmie83(m): 7:41am On Mar 27, 2020
Like play, like play, this virus is going viral. Come help us oh God of Israel.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Bukola Olopade Tests Positive, First Case In Nigerian Sports by femtex007(m): 7:47am On Mar 27, 2020
Like play like joke, this thing is gaining ground in Nigeria. Hmmmmm. May God help us. We cannot do it alone

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Bukola Olopade Tests Positive, First Case In Nigerian Sports by haleymoon: 7:47am On Mar 27, 2020
The number keeps on rising. From dawn to dusk, people on the loose. Stay safe

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Bukola Olopade Tests Positive, First Case In Nigerian Sports by Tetrahedron: 7:48am On Mar 27, 2020
It shall not be well with anybody that will package APC for Nigerians in 2023

80 Likes 5 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Bukola Olopade Tests Positive, First Case In Nigerian Sports by sureteeboy(m): 7:48am On Mar 27, 2020
If you look at this graph released on the 20th carefully, it examines the total tests conducted vs total confirmed cases in these countries.
I keep wondering how many citizens have actually been tested in this nation. It its just about 500, and we've recorded over 60 cases already, then its safe to presume that 1 in 10 already have the virus.

I weep for Nigerians who never listen to simple instructions to stay indoors except when trying to purchase things essential for their survival. I went out briefly yesterday to purchase some drugs at a place which involves crossing to the other side of the road and my utmost surprise, I could still see lots of busses passing by people filled to the brim.

6 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Bukola Olopade Tests Positive, First Case In Nigerian Sports by ghettochild4u(m): 7:48am On Mar 27, 2020

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Bukola Olopade Tests Positive, First Case In Nigerian Sports by wealthybeing: 7:48am On Mar 27, 2020
On God
Re: COVID-19: Bukola Olopade Tests Positive, First Case In Nigerian Sports by crafteeworld: 7:48am On Mar 27, 2020
Whish you swift recovery. We must not loose any good person to this pandemic.

Contact us at crafteeworld for your architectural and structural designs, detailing, and supervision.

Check our signature for contact info.

Re: COVID-19: Bukola Olopade Tests Positive, First Case In Nigerian Sports by sathel(m): 7:48am On Mar 27, 2020
E be like say the covid-19 Dey sweet the man sef...But I like ur courage man...May God heal you sir.

Omo alawee never enter..oluwa wetin Dey allawate? embarassed

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Bukola Olopade Tests Positive, First Case In Nigerian Sports by MCastle: 7:48am On Mar 27, 2020
Get well soon

Time to get your business online we can help u get your business working online

https:///send?phone=8161333339&text=Help%20get%20my%20business%20online

We can create your website and get your business active online or show u what u can do from home

3 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Bukola Olopade Tests Positive, First Case In Nigerian Sports by crackhouse(m): 7:49am On Mar 27, 2020
HMm
Re: COVID-19: Bukola Olopade Tests Positive, First Case In Nigerian Sports by Lanre4uonly(m): 7:49am On Mar 27, 2020
Wishing him and other people tested positive speedy recovery.
#StaySafe.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Bukola Olopade Tests Positive, First Case In Nigerian Sports by sisisioge: 7:49am On Mar 27, 2020
Chai...May you be healed oga. Get well pretty soon

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Bukola Olopade Tests Positive, First Case In Nigerian Sports by Ziodx: 7:49am On Mar 27, 2020
K
Re: COVID-19: Bukola Olopade Tests Positive, First Case In Nigerian Sports by Zico5(m): 7:49am On Mar 27, 2020
All the presidents of the world are leading from the warfront, Buhari is leading in hidden caves and someone said we still have president in this country. I wonder how Buhari supporters are sleeping in the night with this ineptitude from this man. At least, everyone has been seen sanwo olu and his activities. To be sincere, I regret the day I supported this government and their agents of devil.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Bukola Olopade Tests Positive, First Case In Nigerian Sports by sunshineV(f): 7:49am On Mar 27, 2020
Make assisat just remain isolated biko

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Bukola Olopade Tests Positive, First Case In Nigerian Sports by cyberdurable(m): 7:49am On Mar 27, 2020
Where is this stúpid liquid metal? When we need him most

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Bukola Olopade Tests Positive, First Case In Nigerian Sports by DAutoDiagnosis: 7:49am On Mar 27, 2020

This shit is right here, and it is happening.

Many have not come to that reality, not that they don't believe or know that the pandemic is right here in our shores, but the consciousness that damn, this is happening for real.

A week ago, we had just 2 cases, and more like just like we won Ebola, we did this again, and yes we will. But hey, this sh-it is here.

Now, I have had so many in a bid to portray or alleviate the fears of people try to play down the virus and that it is not as dreaded as the media has carried it. As far as I am concerned, this people are no different from those that are saying the virus does not exist.

We need to be afraid, yes We need have Faith, love, care, precautious. Fear is a good thing is bad thing, being proactive, having faith in God is a good thing , it spurs you to action. But you must not act in in fear, it brings us to the consciousness of danger and a need to act. We must act, and act fast.

One of the good measures taken is closing interstate borders, and I think it should be enforced. The pros to this greater than the cons.

See, read my text. Nigeria does not have an health care system. Dead system. So, we must prevent this poo from turning into a real pandemic.

The same politicians we are happy are with us, suffering with us, will carry all the best of the worst medical equipments and take it to their home and get treated, they don't care of you die.

Individual Steps you can take

1. If your village is in your state, you must go now. Act fast.

2. You must self isolate. Self isolation is not just for those that have the virus, infact, in the Nigerian cereno, you should. Try as much as possible to self isolate.

3. Except you are trying to get food and medicals, or basic necessities of life. Which is just food, clothing and shelter, don't go anywhere.

4. Yes. Hunger is Covid 20. Stock food and eat rationally. Ration your food. Don't be a glutton.

5. As much as possible, be positive, and smile. Everyone is frowning and angry, it is not changing anything

6. Pray. Prayer works, and it is still working. Praying shows you trust the sustenance of God, we pray because we know we need God and rely on him. A prayer less fella is one who trust in his on own power and wills. We must in this period pray.

7. Lastly, this too shall pass. It is not a prophesy, it is reality, nothing last forever. And that alone gives us hope.

Please be safe. God bless you

Everything you read, take the message. Reject the lies. You must have the spirit of God to decipher this.

Anybody can be wrong, I can be wrong. But you must not remain in Error.

God bless you Again.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Bukola Olopade Tests Positive, First Case In Nigerian Sports by babyfaceafrica: 7:50am On Mar 27, 2020
Lolz..
Re: COVID-19: Bukola Olopade Tests Positive, First Case In Nigerian Sports by shogsman(m): 7:50am On Mar 27, 2020
Tetrahedron:
It shall not be well with anybody that will package APC for Nigerians in 2023
Don't 2waste your breath, this people will not listen and they deserve everything they get,a shame we are all in this together.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: COVID-19: Bukola Olopade Tests Positive, First Case In Nigerian Sports by petertamtam6(m): 7:50am On Mar 27, 2020
angrymake money online this period @ https://www.mybitcoindaily.com/?tamtam6
Re: COVID-19: Bukola Olopade Tests Positive, First Case In Nigerian Sports by VillageHead: 7:50am On Mar 27, 2020
This virus should be contained or else......
Re: COVID-19: Bukola Olopade Tests Positive, First Case In Nigerian Sports by toxxnoni(m): 7:51am On Mar 27, 2020
Hmmm

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Fiancée Just Took Her Own Life / A Must See Photo: Side Effect Of Using Booty Enlargement Pill / Are You Skinny & You Wanna Gain Weight? This Article Is For You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.