Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,214 members, 7,953,780 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:07 AM

My First Car Buying Experience - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My First Car Buying Experience (1312 Views)

Man Shares His First Car Experience In 2002 / Best Car To Buy As A First Car: Car Buying Tips For First Time Buyers / 9 Most Common Car-buying Mistakes To Avoid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My First Car Buying Experience by kessel: 1:25pm On Nov 05, 2016
Good day car gurus in the house
I urgently need your advice before I make a mistake.
I want to purchase a low budget car for my work run arounds and my options are golf 3, Honda halla,Honda academy
Now what I want to knw is what is the cost of maintenance of golf 3 when compared to Honda halla and Honda academy(note: both Honda are automatic but the golf is manual).
I await ur guidance tnx.
Re: My First Car Buying Experience by peterjero(m): 4:32pm On Nov 05, 2016
My advice would be for you to go for the golf 3 reasons are :
1. The golf won't give you issues you can handle, because a first car buyer can't handle some certain wahala because you wanna drive with even buying fuel not to talk of changing ball joints and shafts every 6 months.
2. Since its a manual transmission, you would further perfect your driving skills.
3. Surprisingly as small as the golf that car is stable, though not as luxurious when compared to the other Hondas, you won't regret owning one.
4. Hondas are prone to front wheel failure, some schools of thought would say it give signs but sometimes we are too broke to hear those signs.

Finally the choice still remain yours to decide, so you decide.
PS : Honda have got one of the greatest engines.

1 Like

Re: My First Car Buying Experience by kessel: 4:58pm On Nov 05, 2016
peterjero:
My advice would be for you to go for the golf 3 reasons are :
1. The golf won't give you issues you can handle, because a first car buyer can't handle some certain wahala because you wanna drive with even buying fuel not to talk of changing ball joints and shafts every 6 months.
2. Since its a manual transmission, you would further perfect your driving skills.
3. Surprisingly as small as the golf that car is stable, though not as luxurious when compared to the other Hondas, you won't regret owning one.
4. Hondas are prone to front wheel failure, some schools of thought would say it give signs but sometimes we are too broke to hear those signs.

Finally the choice still remain yours to decide, so you decide.
PS : Honda have got one of the greatest engines.
Tnx for the advice
I actually prefer automatic cars only that golf automatic is not common,my driving skill is actually very OK.
Let's still hear other opinion wld be making payment for any of those on Mon or Tue
Re: My First Car Buying Experience by femmykenny: 5:03pm On Nov 05, 2016
Why not consider toyota camry orobo 1996, it's very cheap and easy to maintain ( nigerian used or tokunbo will serve your need )
Re: My First Car Buying Experience by kessel: 5:33pm On Nov 05, 2016
femmykenny:
Why not consider toyota camry orobo 1996, it's very cheap and easy to maintain ( nigerian used or tokunbo will serve your need )

don't knw abt dt 1
Tell me more
Re: My First Car Buying Experience by joinnow: 12:31pm On Nov 06, 2016
Seem you want honda that will give you K leg.
Go4 Toyota
But if not you can go with golf as you listed above.

Another piece of advise
If you get 800k look for 600k car that way you have some change to fix and flex ur car.
Remember car are liability not Asset
Unless you buy and put it up for transport.
It doesn't necessarily mean full transportation.
You can buy and if you stay in Lagos while going to & Fro office pick direct passenger.save that towards fueling and maintenance
All the bestbest grin

1 Like

Re: My First Car Buying Experience by kessel: 1:22pm On Nov 06, 2016
Well noted tanx,still waiting for more advice,some one invited to to see a civic today

(1) (Reply)

No Driver! It's An Automatic Driverless SUPER TRUCK ! Check It Out (pics) / Acura CDX Will Be The Baby Of Acura Suvs (CDX) / Quick - Clean

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.