Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,954 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:33 AM

Checkout This Hot Important Debate On Childbearing. Come In And Have Ur Say!!! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Checkout This Hot Important Debate On Childbearing. Come In And Have Ur Say!!! (647 Views)

Checkout This Cute 4 Generation Photos / Checkout This Viral Family of 6 Photoshoot / Photo Of A Little Girl Striking A "Disturbing" Pose Ignites Debate Among Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Checkout This Hot Important Debate On Childbearing. Come In And Have Ur Say!!! by daewoorazer(m): 2:41pm On Nov 05, 2016
Good day house, this should be an educative debate.. It is in no way aimed at demeaning another man's views or values. Simply tell us which of the arguments you support and provide valid premises.

Argument 1.
As a man, it is good to await at least a good source of income before you start child-bearing. I'm not saying a 1million Naira salary job... At least a salary above 80kor100 on the least... And even with this, must not welcome more than a child. Some people are presently jobless but they ain't afraid to start proliferating, they would tell you d stars of some child are such that it is only wen u give birth to them that you become rich. These set of people would rather wait till they are better before embarking on the birthing journey.

Argument 2.
As a man, once you are of age and have found the mother of your children, the earlier the better. This set of people do not believe in pre-management of a child's future even before birth. They believe whatever the child would be is in God's hands and no matter how hard they try, God's plans for the child are predetermined. These people see joy in filling their homes with as many kids as possible... 5 on d least

My own choice.
I support argument 1 because I believe I am a failure if I give to my unborn, nothing different from the kinda life my parents gave to me. #teamGiveYourChildDbest

Kindly support your argument with valid reasons
Re: Checkout This Hot Important Debate On Childbearing. Come In And Have Ur Say!!! by Oahray: 5:58pm On Nov 05, 2016
Neither. There are 3 numbers between 1 and 5. One says one child maximum, and the other says 5 children minimum. Why should I support either? What happened to 2, 3 and 4?

I don't believe in making rules in subjective matters. Just don't give birth to kids you can't take proper care of. By proper care, I don't mean just providing food, clothes and school fees. It's not always just about the money. Spend quality time with them too.
Re: Checkout This Hot Important Debate On Childbearing. Come In And Have Ur Say!!! by DRISKLEF(m): 6:13pm On Nov 05, 2016
Oahray:
Neither. There are 3 numbers between 1 and 5. One says one child maximum, and the other says 5 children minimum. Why should I support either? What happened to 2, 3 and 4?

I don't believe in making rules in subjective matters. Just don't give birth to kids you can't take proper care of. By proper care, I don't mean just providing food, clothes and school fees. It's not always just about the money. Spend quality time with them too.

A fvcking approval, brotherly. Especially the last few sentences.
Re: Checkout This Hot Important Debate On Childbearing. Come In And Have Ur Say!!! by daewoorazer(m): 8:13pm On Nov 05, 2016
Oahray:

Please read well before conclusions. This came with a condition. The statement means while you still earn dat amount stated... You shouldn't nurture more dan a kid... Which means as ur income source grows.. U may and may not increase ur wards

At least a salary above 80kor100 on the least... And even with this, must not welcome more than a child.
Re: Checkout This Hot Important Debate On Childbearing. Come In And Have Ur Say!!! by Oahray: 8:24pm On Nov 05, 2016
daewoorazer:

Please read well before conclusions. This came with a condition. The statement means while you still earn dat amount stated... You shouldn't nurture more dan a kid... Which means as ur income source grows.. U may and may not increase ur wards

At least a salary above 80kor100 on the least... And even with this, must not welcome more than a child.
there's nothing to read well there. Part of Argument 1 is:

'at least' only denotes a lower limit, what it should not be lower than. It says nothing about a higher limit or how high it can be. Then, "even with this, MUST NOT welcome more than one child."

500k falls under "a salary above 80k or 100 on the least" and so does 999k. So in essence, argument 1 is that even if a person is earning 900k monthly, he MUST NOT welcome more than one child. That's about as ridiculous as argument 2.

1 Like

Re: Checkout This Hot Important Debate On Childbearing. Come In And Have Ur Say!!! by daewoorazer(m): 8:31pm On Nov 05, 2016
Oahray:
there's nothing to read well there. Part of Argument 1 is:

'at least' only denotes a lower limit, what it should not be lower than. It says nothing about a higher limit or how high it can be. Then, "even with this, MUST NOT welcome more than one child."

500k falls under "a salary above 80k or 100 on the least" and so does 999k. So in essence, argument 1 is that even if a person is earning 900k monthly, he MUST NOT welcome more than one child. That's about as ridiculous as argument 2.

Buhahahahahahahahaha.....While you are a prof in ur own way..... i bow out

(1) (Reply)

Ekiti Kid Witches On The Prowl / I Can't Stop Laughing. / [photo]see Baby Boy Born With Four Legs And Two Instruments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.