Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,296 members, 7,818,999 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:47 AM

WHEN LOVE DIES....( The temptations of Gabriel) - Literature (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / WHEN LOVE DIES....( The temptations of Gabriel) (149672 Views)

When Love Dies / When Love Speaks / The Python And The Dance: The Temptations Of Okolobia Agu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (40) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: WHEN LOVE DIES....( The temptations of Gabriel) by mofy1(f): 5:55pm On Dec 13, 2016
Iyawo meji(Two wives)

1 Like

Re: WHEN LOVE DIES....( The temptations of Gabriel) by Creeza(m): 11:13pm On Dec 13, 2016
Chapter 9

Chijoke17 nder spadazzy yinks89 sunshine46 niwdog lankyannie pbeni mzzamiable mirob missmossy rachealfst

* When fear strikes us, we tend to loose sight of what fear really means. .. ""

Damilola

The gate kept banging as the person behind it was furious to get in. Who the hell could that be? The sound woke me up from my afternoon sleep. I went out towards the balcony to take a look at the intruder.

" Umaru " I called out to my gate man.

He rushed out from the back yard and stood beneath the balcony. His singlet sagged and his trousers were soaked with sweat. I wondered why he chose to be stupid. I paid him good money, but he never took care of himself.

" What have you been doing ?

" Madam..." he began " you dae do am for jugging"

He must be mad or something. I couldn't believe my ears. He was jugging, and left the gate post unattended. Umaru had been my gate man for years and I let him stay even when he annoyed me most times . He was a married man and had a wife and numerous kids to feed.

" You are mad'" I said " Umaru you hear me ? You are insane. Who did you leave the gate for? Can't you hear that bang on the gate. Who is there?

He turned and looked at the gate . He behaved as if he couldn't hear a single sound. He turned back to me and said. " Madam ,,, Nobody I dae knock for gate nah"

He went to the gate and put his ear to hear the sound. I watched as he bent his neck to listen. I was hearing the bang , it was loud and driving me crazy.

" What do you mean? Open the gate and check"

When he unbolted the lock . He went outside. He came back , looked left and right but no one was in sight. I must have been dreaming, I pinched my left arm to be sure... No I was awake.

" I no see anybody o" He blurted out.

" Are you sure?.. OK lock the gate"

Immediately he locked it. The bang came again, this time even louder. I covered my ears and ran into the sitting room. I couldn't take it anymore.

" Bisiola....". Bisiola ..." I cried out.

She came from running from the kitchen and I saw how calm she was. I was confused , am I the only one hearing the disturbing and ear piercing bang?

" Bisi ? Bisi What ....What--- what is that noise? I fretted and shivered as fear gripped me and sweat breaking from every part of my body.

" What sound? She asked

" You can't hear it?

" No ma,.-- I can't hear anything."

I rushed outside to check for myself. I was afraid to unbolt the gate. I reluctantly peeked through the pigeon hole on the gate. I saw no one. Only the empty street. I walked back into the house. Somehow, the sound had stopped.

That night , it came again..

This time ,times ten of the initial one in the afternoon. I covered my ears with the pillows and screamed out loudly........

Katethrine

" Who the hell is Elisha? " I asked Mimi.

I forgot entirely about his identity ,but I knew he was someone to reckon with, someone we had known in the past .

" Oh Geez... Our friend Elisha " She looked surprised "

You can't remember ? Elisha , the guy whom you thought wanted to date you.... He was always writing you short notes back then in high school.. He always acted like a girl, eventually you found out that he was gay and only wanted to be friends with you."

I shook my head like a lizard waiting for an illumination from the sun. I remembered Elisha , who always wore a pink dress and had funny eye glasses with his hair always conditioned . I had wondered if he was given birth to, like that. If his parents cared or was he just another version of Boborisky and co?

I enjoyed Mimi's and Elisha 's company back then. But I had to cut short of most friends when I got pregnant and dropped out of school. Only Mimi remained dear to my heart: A sister I never had.

" We'll go to his hair saloon today" Mimi continued" Rumour has it that his , is one of the biggest in PH (Port Harcourt ).

" Seriously?.."

" Trust me babes, Elisha's the new thing in hair dressing and beauty treatment"

Mimi smiled and gulped down her entire juice, while I managed to sip mine.

We left her house and visited Eli's spar. It was huge and expensively designed . Inside, we reminisced and talked about a lot of things. It felt good meeting old friends again and I enjoyed the moment.

Days passed and time flied , I started noticing that Gabriel became conceited and he would stay out all night. He would return home dead drunk and some times slept on the pavement outside the door. It broke my heart to see him behave in a manner that was appalling .

He was never a drinker , at least for six years we had been married. That changed and succeeding nights he came home , he would open the fridge and say crazy things like

" Who left the headlamp of my car on?..

" Kate ,why is this toilet so cold?"

" Why is this thing always on silent mode... It doesn't talk. Kate I think we need to re-brand and re-new this machine"

His voice was always tipsy and annoying.

I cried bitterly in my heart and prayed dearly: something I never did before .

" Gabriel , why have you turned yourself into a mere drunkard? " I asked him one night he came back with his shirts hung over his neck and his belt half buckled.

" Well ... My dear wife" he began" My love for you is driving me crazy. . I can't help it every time I think about you and everyone else , who wants to leave me.. I left Dami.... Sorry I left my previous work to be with my family....."

He shook his head and fell deep into the cushion before he belched and continued .

" My family was more important to me. Now see me, see me Katherine. Katherine , I'm useless. I've fallen deep into temptations , So deep that I regret what I have done . My dad left me and my sister when I was still twelve . Mama cried her eyes out for months, I became her comforter, husband and son. It hurt so badly that I couldn't do anything to ease her pain."

" Gaby..My--my love" I began passionately

" No listen to me , I never told you this before , because I hated him so much.. I did . Yvonne was still five then the night he left. Katey , He left-- He left us for his other family and never came back. He never ca--came back" .. His voice croaked and tears clouded in his eyes.

" Soon you too will be leaving me for that rich guy- Yes that rich guy. I know you haven't made up your mind yet, but not for very long.. Not for very long.."

His last sentence caught deep into my heart. I pitied the man he had become. He was now a shadow of his self. I knelt down and wiped away the tears in his eyes. I was not happy, not at all. His sudden behaviour was not attractive and disgusted the hell out of me.

" Why would you think of me that way ? I said " I love you .. I love you with all my heart and wealth is secondary. Our family comes first"

I left Andy out of my speech because that would add more salt to Gabriel's injury. I was not that type of lady.

I grasped the bottle of beer from his hand ,placed it on the table and stroked his face gently.He was a bit drunk but was not in stupor.

I guided him gently , raised his arms and beckoned on him to come along. He followed me religiously and we shut the door behind us . His arms pressed my butt softly and he pushed me so hard onto the bed that I hit my head on the wooden frame.

TBC

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: WHEN LOVE DIES....( The temptations of Gabriel) by Creeza(m): 11:14pm On Dec 13, 2016
Sharafawizkidayo:
Great storyline, am so enjoying this write up! mr creeza, the wizard in literature! i hail o, keep it coming joor, i dey ur back like bouncers, i dey eat suya nd cold kunnu o, come nd join me na
enjoy Bros mi... Na you big o
Re: WHEN LOVE DIES....( The temptations of Gabriel) by Creeza(m): 11:15pm On Dec 13, 2016
jagugu88li:
My people, am I the only one not getting mentions? Its only when I open a thread that I know I've been mentioned. undecided

Let me read quickly. I think I'm 4 updates behind

Ungrateful Gabriel. Andy should moves slowly and win Kate, once and for all. See the dumb face Gabriel will have when,he learns that his lover or whatever they are, is actually behind it.

Someone curse him for me, abeg
lol... OK Gabriel your left yansh for there.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: WHEN LOVE DIES....( The temptations of Gabriel) by Creeza(m): 11:16pm On Dec 13, 2016
Lankyannie:
so creeza,op ur boo no finally leave u 4 a rich boo(dnt wori d lord is ur strength).seems dz gabriel dn high wella 4weed,well,lemme comment my reserve.av missd u nd ur story ooo,welcum bk bro.
thanks sweetie kiss

1 Like

Re: WHEN LOVE DIES....( The temptations of Gabriel) by Creeza(m): 11:17pm On Dec 13, 2016
PBeni:
I feel pity for Gabriel so much so that, I can't stomach the thought of Tayo giving up and Katherine leaving him.
Btw good work @Creeza, more ink to your pen.
Keep em coming.
Thanks bro ,just updated
Re: WHEN LOVE DIES....( The temptations of Gabriel) by Creeza(m): 11:18pm On Dec 13, 2016
MzzAmiable:

i noticed it too... i dont get mentions again
I just gave u one ... kiss
Re: WHEN LOVE DIES....( The temptations of Gabriel) by Creeza(m): 11:28pm On Dec 13, 2016
yorhmienerd:
Hope Gabriel is not thinking backward sha
Who knows ? Bros mi longest time grin
Re: WHEN LOVE DIES....( The temptations of Gabriel) by Creeza(m): 11:29pm On Dec 13, 2016
[quote author=felicity09 post=51876269][/quote]

I'm gratedful. Eshe!!! I will see what I can do about the updates...
Re: WHEN LOVE DIES....( The temptations of Gabriel) by Creeza(m): 11:31pm On Dec 13, 2016
rachealfst:
Thanks for the mention. Following with keen interest. Well done
I sight you. wink

1 Like

Re: WHEN LOVE DIES....( The temptations of Gabriel) by YINKS89(m): 11:43pm On Dec 13, 2016
creeza 1 more b4 i go sleep abeg.

1 Like

Re: WHEN LOVE DIES....( The temptations of Gabriel) by MzzAmiable(f): 1:07am On Dec 14, 2016
Creeza:
I just gave u one ... kiss
Nope dats not what i mean, read jagugu88li's post again
Re: WHEN LOVE DIES....( The temptations of Gabriel) by Creeza(m): 1:27am On Dec 14, 2016
YINKS89:
creeza 1 more b4 i go sleep abeg.
ah Bros mi...
; D. remember no rushing
Re: WHEN LOVE DIES....( The temptations of Gabriel) by SPDAZZY(f): 8:16am On Dec 14, 2016
Gabriel has to take it easy

1 Like

Re: WHEN LOVE DIES....( The temptations of Gabriel) by Leriebloom(f): 8:51am On Dec 14, 2016
Nice work Creeza

1 Like

Re: WHEN LOVE DIES....( The temptations of Gabriel) by Lankyannie(f): 10:01am On Dec 14, 2016
If Gab continue wid dz his new behaviour,he wil so push kate fully in2 d hands of andy.men of nowadays dt cnt av liru faith nd trust in dia wifes.
Am rili pityn dt Gab.fada lawd,plz visit him wid a full thunder of blessing nd riches amen(lol).
More grease 2ur elbow creeza.

1 Like

Re: WHEN LOVE DIES....( The temptations of Gabriel) by YINKS89(m): 10:19am On Dec 14, 2016
Creeza:
ah Bros mi... ; D. remember no rushing
no p.

1 Like

Re: WHEN LOVE DIES....( The temptations of Gabriel) by PrettyMizQdot(f): 5:57pm On Dec 15, 2016
Creeza, u sooo gud @ w@ u do...mor wisdom 2 yah brain. . m sooo wit u on dis.. N E X T, pls.

1 Like

Re: WHEN LOVE DIES....( The temptations of Gabriel) by Creeza(m): 6:20pm On Dec 15, 2016
PrettyMizQdot:
Creeza, u sooo gud @ w@ u do...mor wisdom 2 yah brain.
m sooo wit u on dis.. N E X T, pls.
Eshe ma!!

Updates coming soon
Re: WHEN LOVE DIES....( The temptations of Gabriel) by PrettyMizQdot(f): 6:35pm On Dec 15, 2016
Creeza:
Eshe ma!!

Updates coming soon
U wlcm.
Re: WHEN LOVE DIES....( The temptations of Gabriel) by Creeza(m): 9:59pm On Dec 16, 2016
Continues * * **

Lakyannie jagugu88li yinks89 yorhmienerd mofy1 mirob pamelb royh reachealfst nder chijioke17 udochee niwdog and everyone that I forgot to mention no vex

Gabriel.

I explored every part of her body that night,my fingers went into areas that were vital and hit every G spot.She had moaned and screamed stretching every part of her body in a manner that was scary and I thought she would die. After she hit her head on the wooden frame , I thought it was serious but she smiled and beckoned on me to continue like pain was her food. I used up all the energy left in me and it felt so good. So wonderful. She had rode me incredibly and I scratched my head in sweetness relishing the entire moment of joy.I grinded on for squarely twenty five minutes before climax .

" That was so... So wow!" She began

" You liked it? I asked as I cuddled her.

" I love it--- Thank you."

I buried a passionate kiss on her forehead as my lips landed on her soft skin. She jerked a little and twitched up her muscles. A smile grew unexpectedly on her cheeks.

I wrapped her under my arms and it felt like she was mine again. I had lost her once but now I could feel her heart beat right beside mine. I tried to be calm and watch her sleep in my arms after the invigorating sex we had..

" Mummy ?? Mummy? " David cried out and banged on the door to my room.. I was still on the sheets and gazed at the ceiling fan.

" Mummy??--- " He continued .

Kate sprang up from the bed and tied her night gown round her unclad body. Her face was glowing as she looked at me lustfully, I could see the fire in her eyes and she said under her breathe.

" Bad boy-- What are you looking at? -"

She blew a kiss towards me while I tried to cover my body properly to prevent my son from seeing the invisible .

" What is it honey? Kate asked Dave when she opened the door.

Dave squeezed his face in pain and agony..He rubbed his stomach and said softly

" My tummy--- "

I feared the worst.He had always had stomach upset somedays at early hours of the morning but , due to the allergic reactions he had to " flargine" and some other stomach drugs , Kate gave him honey before the drugs.

" OK baby, let's go the kitchen" Kate said " sorry-- It will be over soon"

" Ouch... OK"

They left the room and the door barely closed behind them.My phone beeped inside my trouser pocket which lay on the arms of a chair , near the bed. It was Kemi and she sent a very confusing text message :

Gabriel, what have you done to my friend? Please that Baba that gave you jazz or charm to use on her , better go and undo what you have done o. Im begging you please. ... Lola, is now running mad.. She hears voices and she has kept on saying " He is at the gate... He is at the gate..." Which one is that again? And this has been since yesterday. Leave her alone , I'm begging you in God's name.
I won't forgive you if anything happens to her. *

I furrowed an eyebrow and tried to understand the content . I read it again. This time carefully. What could she mean by that?
I dialed her number and it rang but she picked after the second ring.

She started off by yelling at me and I kept quiet. She told me how Damilola thought she was hearing voices around the house and how she sacked her gate man. How she nearly stabbed her housemaid ; because they both said there was no one knocking at the gate. She said that Damilola told her that a man was appearing in in her dreams and blood ripped out of his heart drenching his white shirt. He was always trying to touch her in the dream. She said his voice was like the sound of thunder. According to her ,he spoke in different languages , especially French.

" OK ..uhm!! So here is what we'll do" I began " Take her to see a psychiatrist ..and ...."

" This is spiritual " Kemi blurted out..

I removed the phone from my ear, looked at it and surprisingly said " Spiritual ? ...What the----"

I calmed kemi down by telling her what to do. She was fretting and I could hear Funmi 's voice in the background as she weeped bitterly . After an absorbing phone call- I hung up the line.

I turned toward the door and saw Kate standing there with her arms crossed . I knew that there was some reason why she did not smile, if it was when she was happy , it would have been easier to tell her emotions.

When did she come inside? Had she heard everything I said? . I put on a short , while I thought of the possibilities of her shouting out in anger and walked toward the wardrobe . There was something that that went on at that moment, I could not imagine but somehow, it felt that her eyes were cast upon me.

She stared at me while I grabbed my towel .

" So who was that ?

" No one-- of importance, just one of my numerous associates." I cunningly replied .

I turned and wrapped her into my arms as my left arm went for her hips.. I kissed her,whispered into her ears while I gently stroke her backside.

" No one , Bae. Its really not important . Just forget about it."

" But---" She tried to say when I sucked her lips passionately...

As it was almost four in the morning.. I couldn't sleep anymore. I had taken a cold shower and laid with my chest upwards , meanwhile Kate slept peacefully.

I brought out from the drawer, the complimentary card I took from her hand bag. .It had the name and address of her new " Lover ".

It had his picture , he was cute though. Fresh and wealthy, but his smile was fake. I couldn't think straight but wished him already behind bars ..

The man who tried to snatch my wife away from me with his wealth. I had been sweet that night to Kate so she wouldn't suspect me or event think Im investigating the both of them.

I left in the morning before anyone could wake up. When I got to Dami's house it was almost deserted. The gate was barred from inside. The window to the Gateman's house was shut and the room quiet, unlike before when the sound of morning Quran call filled the air . The dogs that used to bark inside were cut short or maybe they had been sleep drugged by Dami. It felt like death , everywhere.

I knocked on the gate and waited for some minutes.. Then someone came and the gate flung open.

" Thank God ... " She exclaimed..

" Just so you know" I began" I'm not here to pretend like I care for that woman."

I hated the sound of it. I saw myself graduating from a hired daddy (or ex hired daddy) into a dualized attention giver. Adding that to all my problems which seemed unending, obviously I needed a miracle, a life changing miracle.

" Dami is not just " any woman" Kemi blurted and rolled her eyes.

She led the way and her obnoxious behind tracked from one side to the other. It moved in a quick successive momentum and I could not help but watch the clock mode of her butt.

She turned and caught me staring , Her eyes arrested my gaze and I congealed internally but gave a frowning face that seemed uncalled for.

" Dream on" She heaved a big sigh of disgust. " Your juju will not work, not on me "

" What is that supposed to----" I was about to shout when someone hugged me tightly ...Behold I saw the most scary thing ever..

To be continued

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: WHEN LOVE DIES....( The temptations of Gabriel) by Creeza(m): 10:11pm On Dec 16, 2016
Please guys... I corrected some spellings. Its just the fault of my word processor.. Wps... Have a nice evening. kiss
Re: WHEN LOVE DIES....( The temptations of Gabriel) by ADECULATE(f): 11:01pm On Dec 16, 2016
Tanks 4 d update dear, more ink to ur pen

1 Like

Re: WHEN LOVE DIES....( The temptations of Gabriel) by Creeza(m): 11:06pm On Dec 16, 2016
ADECULATE:
Tanks 4 d update dear, more ink to ur pen
I'm grateful.
Re: WHEN LOVE DIES....( The temptations of Gabriel) by YINKS89(m): 12:21am On Dec 17, 2016
she do look like witch serves her right.

1 Like

Re: WHEN LOVE DIES....( The temptations of Gabriel) by Creeza(m): 12:37am On Dec 17, 2016
YINKS89:
she do look like witch, serves her right.
lol ... have mercy on her
Re: WHEN LOVE DIES....( The temptations of Gabriel) by Nobody: 12:43am On Dec 17, 2016
Gabriel should just tell Kate about Damilola,cus sooner or later Kate will find out and that will bring trouble between them!Just wondering who might be the one that hugged Gabriel. Damn this story is breathtaking!
Re: WHEN LOVE DIES....( The temptations of Gabriel) by Nobody: 12:47am On Dec 17, 2016
Lol....seems Gabriel saw Dami stark naked.That's the scary thing Gabriel saw abi Creeza.
Re: WHEN LOVE DIES....( The temptations of Gabriel) by ROYH(m): 12:57am On Dec 17, 2016
Creeza Man, Thanks For The Dedi.. ORI E Wa N Be tongue
CHAI, Hope Dammy Won't Be Hallcucinating Sha, Hmm, Gabu In Soup...
Keep It Coming Bro
Re: WHEN LOVE DIES....( The temptations of Gabriel) by Nobody: 1:37am On Dec 17, 2016
Gabriel has lots it for sure. He is now accusing Andy of using wealth to snatch Kate, when infact Dummy is the one, with him wantingly tagging along......mtcheeew

Lol, I'm enjoy this new Dummylola, on a serious note. Her sins have finally caught up with her. Hallelujah!

" Behold, I saw the the most scary thing...." That's Dummylola the lunatic. Messed hair, nail biting, scratched face etc etc. Serves her well

Nice one bro! Oh...and I don't get any mentions until I open a thread, hence I sometimes don't show up. Apparently I'm not the only one....bumper to bumper

Nanstynic Tuhndhay, were you dey?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: WHEN LOVE DIES....( The temptations of Gabriel) by Creeza(m): 7:40am On Dec 17, 2016
Nder:
Lol....seems Gabriel saw Dami stark naked.That's the scary thing Gabriel saw abi Creeza.
lol .... We will see nah... if I tell u nah, u will just go ghostmode ... lol

1 Like

Re: WHEN LOVE DIES....( The temptations of Gabriel) by Creeza(m): 7:41am On Dec 17, 2016
ROYH:
Keep It Coming Bro
tongue
ROYH:
Keep It Coming Bro
Bros mi, I appeciate

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (40) (Reply)

Daughters / PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo / Nairaland Book Of Puns- Lovers Of Wordplay, Let's Pun!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.