Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,963 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:20 PM

When Love Dies - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / When Love Dies (7297 Views)

When Love Dies - Episode 11 / When Love Dies - Episode 3 / When Love Dies - Episode 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Love Dies by Nobody: 6:42pm On Mar 25, 2019
written by @creeza

PRIOR TO THIS story I’m about to share, it is very important to note that the characters herein and the story is entirely fictional but based on a true life story.
**** would love your patience and comments to improve my skills..

For a clearer picture ,and ease of understanding, the story will be told from the eye-sight of the main Characters..
*ENJOY*

SOURCEl: https://emperorblog.com.ng/?s=WHEN+LOVE+DIES

Re: When Love Dies by Nobody: 6:38pm On Mar 26, 2019
episode 1

It seemed like a new beginning for Kate and I and our only son David. The sun was warm and the rays penetrated the windows of our humble home .
Be it as it may, every story has a beginning and ours was the most exciting moment of my life of which I will always remember.
” I will always be there for you. Even when the world is against us, I will stand by you , love you and cherish you in health and sickness; in wealth and poverty, till death do us part, Gabriel” .
These words meant alot to me and the smile on Kate’s face alone was the most beautiful thing in the whole universe. As she made her vows to me and proclaimed her love in front of the whole congregation, I felt like the luckiest person alive”…..
I was still beaming with Joy and happiness while I put the ring on her finger, when the priest said ” You may kiss the bride’_____ ‘brethren I give you Mr. and Mrs Egedege” . The soft but deep kiss on my lips by her’s made an inaugural statement of the bliss to come in latter days.

Kate is a very pretty lady and her long black hair adorned her fair-skin that made her look like a hybrid( or you can say half-cast). She is a naturally caring person and would go extra miles just to make me happy. Her Ibo descent made her seem more economical with financial situations. I couldnt say less of her ability to nourish me properly both in the dinning room and the other room.

My son David, is just 6 and wise enough to help out with little home chores. His brown eyes depicted a clone image of mine ,matching his dimples on the cheek. The trait was in the gene, including his hard but curly hair like mine.
Our family was a happy one and didnt care much about the little income we made from my craft-work (paper marge, wood carving and capentry). Things went on fine untill the needs of the family became more demanding and cumbersome… Only a miracle would rescue me from this situation.
The only thing I wanted was to give my family a wonderful and comfortable life. This seemed farfetched and impossible because my wife Kate was no better a high school leaver, and her mini-business (she sold food items) could only provide little. The remedy was a mile walk away, but I was determined to get there. Anyhow or Anyway, I was going to succeed..

***”**”””””””******

Gabriel
It was early in the morning but we had to leave, Dave was still in his room getting his school bag ready, while I munched breakfast.

I called out to him and he replied in a loud and clear voice.

‘Am coming Dad, let me get my bag’ David replied while he dashed into his room. He was quick and agile , I couldnt imagine the energy that flowed in his veins. Every opportunity I had to smile and feel proud, was utilized to the c—-x.

‘Love , you should eat your breakfast quick. You know I dont like you starving at work” Kate reassured me with a soothing voice.
I was happy and let the love and happiness circulate to every part of my being.
**-
The only words that were courageous or rather sheepish enough to escape my mouth was ”Kate, I love you so very much” . She leaned forward and rested on my shoulders with her hair stroking my chin. When she had felt comfortable, it was time to admit the unending truth ” And I love you so very, very much, Gabriel”
**-
I took Dave by the arm and we went outside . A truck was there to carry some of my products to the seaport. Some of the goods very priced below normal, but I didnt complain since the youth of these modern age prefared gadgets to wooden toys. The clearance officer was my very good friend and he adviced me to make wooden horses to be exported to the west. The idea was bright but the capital to start was deep down in hades- if only it were that easy- the best I did was to settle for little shipments until I was able to acquire a loan from the bank.
** ” Dave dont forget to kiss your Mom goodbye , Ok” I said . The little man rushed to his mother ,who was now standing at the doorway. She had to bend down a little and recieve the kiss . ” Bye Mom, love you ”.
” and I love you too, Dave” Kate replied. I bade her goodbye and then we hopped unto the truck (which was almost filled to the top….. The driver ignited the engine and it took off gradually and then accellerated with minimum velocity. As we left I looked through the side mirror and saw Kate waving her arms in a way of trying to bid us goodbye… ” take care Love, call me when you get to work” she shouted a little.
” I will. I will call you ,Love” my reply came while popping my head out of the window a little.

The seaport was an hour journey, and was sort of exhausting to get there. I dropped Dave at school, before we embarked on the journey…….. We Reached there at about 9.45 am on the morning drive. The port was busy for its status. A huge sign was placed at the entrance and the security officials were fully armed to the teeth. . . . .. . METRO-DEVIAN seaport was a hub for dealers of general mechandise and home service equipment. It was established 30 years back and now flourished 24/7.
” where my goods…” came a voice , when we had parked ”I hope they are in good shape, Gabriel” continued the voice who was now in sight. Tayo was a good friend and a very hard-working clearance officer. He helped me secure some space on the container, in return he got commission on the products.
” Tayo. Good to see you again and yes they are in good shape” I reassured him.
He looked at the back of truck and came to me the second time when he finally said ” Gabz, you need to do more ok. If you ever want to be rich. Man try getting a loan from the bank. Remember you are doing this for Kate”
His words were blunt but honest, the least I could do to repay the love of my wife was to make her comfortable. And that was the prior thing for now and I couldnt care less about myself…
tbc
Re: When Love Dies by Nobody: 6:39pm On Mar 26, 2019
Gabriel

In essence of being the best husband and father, I made efforts to recieve bank loans and used our home as collateral-it was’nt much but enough to get me 500 grand- then it was time to actively make use my talents. I put up posters of employment. Yes I became the boss practically. Day and night , we worked tirelessly at the little workshop near the house…. Some days when I sleep off while working late, Kate is always there to make sure the ball was kept rolling, she was my lineline through out the turbulent waves.

The craft store was getting bigger, the payout increased. Shipments doubled and income became stable, my few employees were able to the task. The ride was long, but in a while we could afford to buy a truck car. Kate is one dynamic person and she could adjust to any situation without stress. This made her take up the wheel as our new driver.

For months things were working fine and everyone seemed happy than ever. Just as I thought life was becoming easier so came the bitter realization that changed my life for good.

We took another batch of consignment to the seaport just to supply as usual, but this time I was alone and I got a shock revalation that got me thinking for days..

” Whats happening Tayo? A question that came simultaneously from my mind and mouth, because I was still confused why the Police was shutting down the vicinity. The Seaport was put under total lock and key

Everywhere,people crowde,d either trying to complain or convince their clearance officers to do something and save their containers.

”Gabz I’m sorry. They found some cocaine stocked up in one our containers. According to report I gathered, they put it in the wooden toy horses you made…”

Tayo was not done with his speech when I cut in

” what? Tayo you are joking right? I mean; how come? Who put drugs in my crafts?
This is insane.”

Tayo knew the pain I was going through at the moment and he knew exactly the right words to say ”bro calm down, its not the end of the world. Remember I put you in this mess, dont worry we’ll figure out something. Just relax” Those words didnt hold enough water in them but I could atleast take sympathy in his words. How am I going to get the installments to settle my bank loans- like hell, it was a monthly issue- and to make things worse I didnt save enough.
Crying wouldnt help matters, at most a Man of my age (I was still 30 ) should not be easily defeated by trials.

It took some time before I snapped out of my deep thoughts ” so what do we do now? ” my mind was not yet made up but the mouth took a turn after the shock.

”I’ll figure out something. Just hang in there. Gabz dont worry.” Tayo concluded.

I tried to open the driver’s seat-door but my mind and body were not in sync, a chord had been detached from my medulla, and the body was making and taking actions on its own. The road home was now shorter because I wanted nothing more than to get home and sleep- I was devastated -to be frank.

“All will be fine, love. Dont worry. We will survive” Kate tried to calm me down after I narated my ordeal to her immediately I got home.
” Remember, we’re in this together Gabriel, I will stand by you.” she continued.
I looked at her and couldnt understand why this Ibo woman had no love for money. It was incredible and yet fascinating. All my life I was made to believe the Ibo women had nothing but crush for wealth-they cant keep a blind eye to money.

My mom came by the house and she was there all through,listening to our conversation. We sat at the dinning table. Mama was still young and her beauty shone with a radiance of unspoken magnitude. Even her words made it worthwhile to appreciate her as a mother.

”Gabriel my son, dont worry. You need to focus more on your wife and child. Now is not the time to sulk in your mishaps, rather look to the brighter side of life” Mom nailed her point with a revolting sense that demanded self-applause.

So blessed by God for giving me two lovely women in my life. I was thankful and showed it in a genuine way.

I thanked the both of them.

Meanwhile, we were had dinner and it was getting late.

The night was cold and Katherine knew exactly what to do. She stroke my chest with her left arm in a gentle soothing manner. ”Come here to mama” she said.
My mind was ready, I obeyed like a sheep to the slaughter. Rolling over I found myself under her unclad body-d–n my wife is a hottie-

She rocked me steadily while moaning. Her V.G was making a palatable covering on my joystick. She was simply amazing.’

souce: https://emperorblog.com.ng/?s=WHEN+LOVE+DIES
Re: When Love Dies by Nobody: 6:47am On Mar 27, 2019
Ann2012 Lightqueen skubido comma see o

1 Like

Re: When Love Dies by Ann2012(f): 5:03pm On Mar 27, 2019
emperorblog21:
Ann2012
Lightqueen
skubido comma see o

I'm here oo
Re: When Love Dies by Nobody: 6:46pm On Mar 27, 2019
Good one emperor.
You need to proofread before posting.
I'm following real well.
Re: When Love Dies by Nobody: 7:34pm On Mar 27, 2019
Ann2012:

I'm here oo

better tori don land
Re: When Love Dies by Ann2012(f): 8:22pm On Mar 27, 2019
emperorblog21:

better tori don land

I'm not missing it
Re: When Love Dies by Nobody: 8:42pm On Mar 27, 2019
Ann2012:

I'm not missing it

mention ur friends,family and even enemy to,come and enjoy tori
Re: When Love Dies by Nobody: 6:22pm On Mar 28, 2019
episode 3

The next morning was even more dramatic. I was still on the bed trying to figure out how to get a down-payment for my new truck which I had already described as ”FOR SALE” . The need was urgent and no Jupiter or Mars was stopping it. To avoid the harrassment from the bank I needed a plan. This was not the life I wanted, not like this.
Still deep in thoughts and confusion, I barely noticed when Kate came from the living room to get me out of the bed ” Love , stop this you’re doing , I know its hard but we will make it somehow” Kate was sure of herself.
The ceiling fan was now a thing of wonder to my eyes- the cyclic rythm somehow seemed to take away the thoughts and they became butterflies in my head. ” Love, we need money, Dave has to pay his school fees and we have to pay the bank” these words managed to escape my lips when I tried to sit up on the bed.
” I know Gabriel, thats why I will look for a job. Any job that will bring money”
” Dont worry Kate, you need not do that. Things will be fine”
” but atleast ,let me try, than sitting all day in a store hoping that someone buys even a matchstick box” she sounded bitter and serious.
I kept quiet and let her win the arguement but deep down I knew what I wanted….
THE NEW LADY
* The remaining art crafts in my store I started taking to the market. Found a spot along the road and quietly squeezed myself in between two women. There was going to be my pivot to a goodlife (I GUESS) .
Everyday was a story for the Gods. I could barely sell even just a toy. The Sun scoarched me in the afternoon, rain would cool my nerves in the evening. This continued for two days ,until I met the lady that turned my story around.
Sometimes we think that the universe doesnt hear our heart desires. Its just hard to realise that we are innocent of anything Karma brings our way. That was my mindset but this changed when a lady in a new suv saloon car stopped right infront of me.
She came down and walked straight to my stand (at least I can call it that, I was practically standing . And no time to sit down) and her voice was nice and calm when she said ” How much are these horses?
” Ma’am just 350 per horse” I said reluctantly.
” Hmm they are cheap”
” I ‘ll take the eight of them” she concluded. ”ma’am thats nice but all these cant enter your booth, so how will you take them? ” I suggested while still looking bitter (maybe the sun scoarched even the sense of humour out of me.
” I’ll pay for them now and you’ll deliver them to my flower farm. I need them as a gift for my daughter-her birthday is coming up” the lady persisted.
I could’nt believe her . ”ME , deliver it to your flower farm” I thought out loudly to myself.
*”ma’am but I dont do home service delivery”
” dont worry, I will pay you 50% for downtime and inconviniences…and did you make them yourself? She was quick to question my patience which was about to Peter out.
”yes I did” was an answer that best suit her rhetorical statement.
” they are lovely. Here, take the money and thats my card so you will locate the farm” she gave me her complementary card and then took a picture of me with her iphone 7.
”and what was that for? I asked
” so you dont run away with my money…uhm ?? She tried to guess
” Gabriel, its Gabriel” was good enough to make her stop seeing me as a thief,who will be so eager to abscond with her money.
* ”oh nice. Am Damilola and it was nice to meet you” Dami was eager to shake me. I stretch forward my arms and enclosed her soft palms. It felt like touching a teddy bear-they were so soft.
After she shook me and turned to get back into her car, that was when I noticed she was very beautiful. Her hair was blonde and probably fixed but it was a perfect suit to her very fair skin. Her hips looked like they had been under surgical blades( they were too good to be true). The high-heels that adorned her feet shone brightly in the warm sunlight, making a compliment effect of her perfect match red gown.
”whats happening to you Gabriel” I quickly questioned myself. ”Let it pass. You’re married now, its a by-gone issue” the thoughts were loud in my head and I stood there jaws down and watching as Dami zoomed off with her gray coloured car.
” this cant be happening, no no. Its just infatuation or lust-yes lust-for heaven sakes you are married” I admonished myself the more, still trying to dissociate my mind from the worst : Having feelings for another woman.

source: https://emperorblog.com.ng/page/5/?s=WHEN+LOVE+DIES

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Love Dies by Ayoboluwatife(m): 5:56pm On Mar 29, 2019
Wow, this worth reading through to the end, what happened next, I'll like to know,. Kudos

1 Like

Re: When Love Dies by Nobody: 6:17am On Mar 30, 2019
Ayoboluwatife:
Wow, this worth reading through to the end, what happened next, I'll like to know,. Kudos

u can follow the story on my blog.
Re: When Love Dies by Ann2012(f): 6:38am On Mar 30, 2019
Well done OP

1 Like

Re: When Love Dies by Nobody: 11:52am On Mar 30, 2019
episode 4

KATHERINE
*I started searching for Job vancancies to support Gabriel, I applied for nanny jobs, catery services, and even as a househelp. During my search, Mimi was there to help me out. She was a friend indeed and she made it her priority to always have time to spend with me-a weekend girly thing- and never was it a dull moment.
* Mimi worked at a gym house and she spent most of her time during rounds of coaching to trainees. She was also fanatic of belly dancing. ** We were having some we time at our usual hangout-the Verizon Restaurant- and I couldnt ignore the fact that Mimi was looking a bit different today- her skin was lighter and her chest was very firm. Her slim but in-shape body was almost perfect.
” Mimi you look different today, whatsup? I tried to enquire.
” Nothing is up. Just keeping fit. And you Kate you need to take care of yourself. You look pale”
”Mimi, I dont have time for that. I need to take care of my family . Then other things follow” I sighed
* Kate, to be honest: you stress yourself so much and neglect your duty of remaining beautiful in Gabriel’s eyes” mimi pointed out .
* That wasnt the most important thing to me. My husband loved me and so did my kid. The troubles which was more demanding were the financial issues- and I always pretend not to be worried- even my parents were not rich.
* Ever since I had been a teenager ( I got pregnant at 16 and a young mother. Now 22) it was my dream to finish high school, go to college and get a degree in Business Administrations. A good Bsc with first class was my target but if only wishes were horses. My dream was cut short when I fell in love with Gabriel, not minding the circumstances surrounding our relationship and the need for wealth in my family. My mother even tried to discourage me from marrying a simple carpenter-she wanted a son-in-law who had fleet of cars and controlled assets with just a snap of his fingers. All these were good and wise to wish for but Love blinded my ego for aquisition of wealth.
* I was deeply in love with the man that captured my heart-Gabriel- and everyday I had to pretend not to care about money as long as we lived happily.
* I was willing to stay poor for Love, but the turn of things had begin to re-programme that mindset…
Re: When Love Dies by Nobody: 11:53am On Mar 30, 2019
episode 5

DAMILOLA

” Funmi, Funmi ?? where is this girl?. Funmi , Mom is home now. Baby , baby am back now. ” the house was silent and no reply , this was unusual . Funmi would always come running out to embrace me when ever she heard my car park outside the front entrance door. Things were really getting spooky and I thought maybe my daughter had been kidnapped.

Reaching for the wooden bat that was near the door I made sure the slightest noise was not heard.
” Bisola , Bisola, where in the world is that good for nothing Nanny… ” Bisi was my daughter’ s nanny and she not being in the living room meant she was either in the kitchen or cleaning the bathroom. The thought pass through my mind that I was just being too sensitive and paranoid, at least Umaru was still on guard at the main-gate so there must be a conspiracy somewhere.

“Mummy!!!!! ” that was Funmi’s voice when she came rushing from the back door that lead to the garden behind the house . ” Mummy, welcome mummy ” Funmi was quick to embrace me. I put down the batton on the floor and sighed a huge relief
” Baby what did go outside to do? you nearly scared the life out of me ”

“sorry Mummy, Nanny took me out to water the flowers”
” and where is that your nanny” I enquired with a furious face expression.

“Im right here ma’am ” Bisi replied just when she closed the door behind her. ” I am sorry madam , but I told her to stay upstairs in her room but she insisted .” Continued Bisi

” Bisola , how many times have I told you not to allow my baby get her clothes dirty while playing? look at her now , she looks so messy” The anger in my voice was noticeable.
Bisola just keft silent and replied ” Madam it wont happen again”..

” and you left the front door unlocked, the passage , evrywhere looks so unkept . What am I paying you for eh? Bisi” that was when I noticed the toys that were littered across the hallway .

” Ma’am am sorry” Bisi repeated
” Mummy dont be mad at nanny, I was bored that thats why I asked her to play with me” . My daughter had the most lovely voice and her sweet voice was angelic that it was enough to calm the storm in my temper.
” but baby you shouldn’t play outside in the garden” I wanted to make my point clear.
” mummy , my birthday is coming up soon and I dont have any one to play with” Funmi said this in a very touching manner.
“Dont worry baby, mummy is here for you”

“mummy I want my daddy, doesnt he love me , will he come for my birthday?”

* Those words made me loose balance . I did not know how to lie to my only daughter . Being a single mother was not an easy task , and my boyfriend Richard left me when we were still in college . His mom was against our relationship, she even went as far as calling my mom a mistress, and that she wouldnt have anything to do with a daughter of the woman that tried to steal her husband.

*Richard left me for America, and he never knew we had a baby from just one night’s stand………

” baby dont worry, Daddy loves you and remember I told you that your dad works in a very far place .”
“yes I do mummy, but doesnt he want me in his life , I have not seen him before mummy. when is he coming back?” Funmi cut in.

I didnt know the best answer to give her but atleast I did not enjoy seeing my daughter suffer “Soon Baby. I promise your mummy will get daddy back” I said and hugged my 6 year old beautiful daughter…….
I wasnt sure what I was going to do, I only knew I had to do something and it had to be soon.
********†******

episode 6
*The Turn Around*

GABRIEL

The ladies were feeling disgusted with my V.I.P treatment. They kept talking and making funny comments. I cared less about their discomfort.

What difference would it make? I was also in great distress, the timing was wrong and terrible.

The air in the town shuttle bus was ageless and putrified. The passengers alone were more than the luxirious bus could accomodate.

” why is he occupying three seats ?”

”we are passengers too”

”I cant understand the reason why he seats there so comfortably…”

”while we are standing” the second lady cut in while they continued with their chit-chat.

Their disturbances was much and the steward couldnt take it anymore.

*” please Ma’am dont get it all wrong. Those goods were paid for as normal passengers would ”
he said to rid the bus of nonsense gossip.

The bus was a fifteen seater-long town shuttle. Three passengers could seat on a row.

That was not the case here, four passengers squeezed on each and a pack of others jammed themselves through the passway.

* my phone rang*

”hello Love” I sighed.

”hello Gabriel. How are you? Have you taken lunch?”

” No, but I will soon” I said trying to be calm .

‘why? Whats wrong? Kate enquired
”are you sick. Whats the problem honey?

*”nothing, I sold all my paper maché horses . Some lady bought them all, and I’m taking it to her flower farm now” I said.

”ok. Love . I’m here with Mimi. She is going to help me secure a job” Kate said ,in a more calm voice.

”ok. Bye love”

On that fateful day, I should be feeling happy about my sales. That was far from the truth. The stress of transportation was a tragedy in comedy garments.

I alighted from the bus at Eleme Junction- yes I was living in Port-Harcourt, Nigeria. thats how I got into exportation business- then took a cab that was going to ”Love Blooms ” flower farm.

* Love Blooms was huge and stretch throughout a hectare of land.
* The tales about this farm were ferry in nature. The exports of fresh flowers to the West(THE GREAT America) were tripple tonnes annually.

The main entrance had no gaurds and the flowers were beautiful. It was like the owner wanted to give a stranger the first impression- We have only beautiful flowers, no cash here- How sweet!!

KATHERINE

After the phone call with Gabriel, the thoughts in my head raced faster than ever. The great Usain Bolt would loose his reputation trying to beat their record.

”Uhm Kate…Kate…kate!!!” the voice of Mimi ,jolted me into reality.

”yes…yes… What? I said

”what are you up to now? Mimi said
” we cant sit here all day, come on lets get go search for a job” she continued.

”uhm.. Mimi its 2pm already. I have to pick Dave from school” I smirked.
My eyes gazed upon the wall clock at the end of the eatery hall.

”ok then. We’ll do that tommorrow” Mimi sounded discouraged.

* David’s school was not so far from our location. The ride there was just 20 minutes away. The streets pattern was dynamic , cars trooped out of different angles .

The traffic lights regulated the flow. ”RED..YELLOW…GREEN” and then I was in a flashback.
** Gabriel was with me on the bed . The sheets were snow white and pure. I was still un-broken and 16 years old- a girl who was still in anticipation to explore the sweet side of life.
He touched my b**bs which were very firm and super-big for my age. The electric charge that passed through me that moment were unspoken and unheard of.

” I’m scared Gabriel” I said , with fear in my voice.

” Trust me Katherine, this wont hurt” Gabriel convinced me.

” what happens if I get pregnant?’

” We will be careful, I promise you’ He said while kissing my lower stomach.

He went further downwards. This time my abdomen were on fire. The fire I had never felt before. For the first time in my life, a strong the pin-like structure in my V.j was filled with so much nerves. The feeling was out of this world. The pace of my heart increed, when Gabriel touch that pin-like structure with his tongue- uuhhhh!!! Oh my!!

”arrghhh!! Ummmm!!! Gabri…..” I moaned out.

”shhh stay put Kate ,just relax” He shushed me and grabbed my two arms that were trying to push his head away, from my v.j.

These feelings were electric. Like nothing I’ve ever felt before.
The sweetness turned to pain, when He inserted his finger into my V.j. A shock passed through me and my body released some kind of fluid.

* The pain was excruciating and grew worse, when Gabriel put in his Pen*s inside me. He made two push and I was already bleeding.
Blood soaked the white sheets and crawled down to my laps- I was fully unclad- and that was how I became de-flowered.

”ARRRRRR!!! It hurts . Gabriel please” I cried.

” Kate ,do you love me?
He asked . His chocolate skin was now glowing, sweat broke out from every part of his unclad body. He was like a machine and that moment I fell in love with that Machine.

‘I love you”
Re: When Love Dies by Ann2012(f): 1:06pm On Mar 30, 2019
Thanks for the update
Re: When Love Dies by Nobody: 8:59pm On Apr 18, 2019
where is
lightqueen and ann2012

i yaff miss u 2 o.
chai lemme renew my hosting @ d end of d month sha.
Re: When Love Dies by Ann2012(f): 10:54pm On Apr 18, 2019
emperorblog21:
where is

lightqueen and ann2012

i yaff miss u 2 o.

chai lemme renew my hosting @ d end of d month sha.

I dey here, Lightqueen is indisposed at the moment

1 Like

Re: When Love Dies by Nobody: 8:34am On Apr 19, 2019
Ann2012:

I dey here, Lightqueen is indisposed at the moment

ubmmm shes still sick ?
Re: When Love Dies by Ann2012(f): 10:26am On Apr 19, 2019
emperorblog21:

ubmmm shes still sick ?

Yea, but getting better
Re: When Love Dies by Nobody: 11:00am On Apr 19, 2019
Ann2012:

Yea, but getting better

good,buh her numbrr not going through here

can u share to me on whatsapp pls
Re: When Love Dies by Pinkfeet: 11:29pm On Apr 19, 2019
emperorblog21 is this your first story on nairaland because there is one emperor that wrote a story here two years ago
Re: When Love Dies by Nobody: 6:58am On Apr 20, 2019
Pinkfeet:
emperorblog21 is this your first story on nairaland because there is one emperor that wrote a story here two years ago

no i am still d same

naitaland mofd are just banning me anyhow o
Re: When Love Dies by Pinkfeet: 10:15pm On Apr 20, 2019
emperorblog21:

no i am still d same

naitaland mofd are just banning me anyhow o
okay
keep it up.

1 Like

Re: When Love Dies by Nobody: 10:51am On May 14, 2019
episode 6
*The Turn Around*

GABRIEL

The ladies were feeling disgusted with my V.I.P treatment. They kept talking and making funny comments. I cared less about their discomfort.

What difference would it make? I was also in great distress, the timing was wrong and terrible.

The air in the town shuttle bus was ageless and putrified. The passengers alone were more than the luxirious bus could accomodate.

” why is he occupying three seats ?”

”we are passengers too”

”I cant understand the reason why he seats there so comfortably…”

”while we are standing” the second lady cut in while they continued with their chit-chat.

Their disturbances was much and the steward couldnt take it anymore.

*” please Ma’am dont get it all wrong. Those goods were paid for as normal passengers would ”
he said to rid the bus of nonsense gossip.

The bus was a fifteen seater-long town shuttle. Three passengers could seat on a row.

That was not the case here, four passengers squeezed on each and a pack of others jammed themselves through the passway.

* my phone rang*

”hello Love” I sighed.

”hello Gabriel. How are you? Have you taken lunch?”

” No, but I will soon” I said trying to be calm .

‘why? Whats wrong? Kate enquired
”are you sick. Whats the problem honey?

*”nothing, I sold all my paper maché horses . Some lady bought them all, and I’m taking it to her flower farm now” I said.

”ok. Love . I’m here with Mimi. She is going to help me secure a job” Kate said ,in a more calm voice.

”ok. Bye love”

On that fateful day, I should be feeling happy about my sales. That was far from the truth. The stress of transportation was a tragedy in comedy garments.

I alighted from the bus at Eleme Junction- yes I was living in Port-Harcourt, Nigeria. thats how I got into exportation business- then took a cab that was going to ”Love Blooms ” flower farm.

* Love Blooms was huge and stretch throughout a hectare of land.
* The tales about this farm were ferry in nature. The exports of fresh flowers to the West(THE GREAT America) were tripple tonnes annually.

The main entrance had no gaurds and the flowers were beautiful. It was like the owner wanted to give a stranger the first impression- We have only beautiful flowers, no cash here- How sweet!!

KATHERINE

After the phone call with Gabriel, the thoughts in my head raced faster than ever. The great Usain Bolt would loose his reputation trying to beat their record.

”Uhm Kate…Kate…kate!!!” the voice of Mimi ,jolted me into reality.

”yes…yes… What? I said

”what are you up to now? Mimi said
” we cant sit here all day, come on lets get go search for a job” she continued.

”uhm.. Mimi its 2pm already. I have to pick Dave from school” I smirked.
My eyes gazed upon the wall clock at the end of the eatery hall.

”ok then. We’ll do that tommorrow” Mimi sounded discouraged.

* David’s school was not so far from our location. The ride there was just 20 minutes away. The streets pattern was dynamic , cars trooped out of different angles .

The traffic lights regulated the flow. ”RED..YELLOW…GREEN” and then I was in a flashback.
** Gabriel was with me on the bed . The sheets were snow white and pure. I was still un-broken and 16 years old- a girl who was still in anticipation to explore the sweet side of life.
He touched my b**bs which were very firm and super-big for my age. The electric charge that passed through me that moment were unspoken and unheard of.

” I’m scared Gabriel” I said , with fear in my voice.

” Trust me Katherine, this wont hurt” Gabriel convinced me.

” what happens if I get pregnant?’

” We will be careful, I promise you’ He said while kissing my lower stomach.

He went further downwards. This time my abdomen were on fire. The fire I had never felt before. For the first time in my life, a strong the pin-like structure in my V.j was filled with so much nerves. The feeling was out of this world. The pace of my heart increed, when Gabriel touch that pin-like structure with his tongue- uuhhhh!!! Oh my!!

”arrghhh!! Ummmm!!! Gabri…..” I moaned out.

”shhh stay put Kate ,just relax” He shushed me and grabbed my two arms that were trying to push his head away, from my v.j.

These feelings were electric. Like nothing I’ve ever felt before.
The sweetness turned to pain, when He inserted his finger into my V.j. A shock passed through me and my body released some kind of fluid.

* The pain was excruciating and grew worse, when Gabriel put in his Pen*s inside me. He made two push and I was already bleeding.
Blood soaked the white sheets and crawled down to my laps- I was fully unclad- and that was how I became de-flowered.

”ARRRRRR!!! It hurts . Gabriel please” I cried.

” Kate ,do you love me?
He asked . His chocolate skin was now glowing, sweat broke out from every part of his unclad body. He was like a machine and that moment I fell in love with that Machine.

‘I love you”
Re: When Love Dies by Nobody: 10:51am On May 14, 2019
episode 7

KATHERINE

The night was cold and harsh, but, I found comfort. Comfort not of my own making, rather a spark of assurance that I was safe.

Here I am with the man that captured my heart. The thoughts were skirmish-not with my feelings, but within their lacunae of affairs- and incoherent.

The love making endured and was my best experience ,ever.

” Kate… Kate?? Hey , we are here already. Snap out of it. You are always wandering off in thoughts” .
That was Mimi’s voice. She had been driving us both ,all these while.

I hesitated a little .
” Oh! Sorry.. I was thinking about something”.

I am not the type that would give away my thought so easily. Mimi was speechless. She turned off the ignition. Made for the door and then briefly glanced at me .

”Kate , you are something else ,really. I cant believe you” she said ” believe me , I dont understand you a bit ”

The Bell rang. In a blink , the entire parking lot was almost full. Mothers making way to their cars, with kids in the arm or behind them.
” Solid Start Montesorri” had a unique look right from the gate to the inner walls at the back. The owner must have an eye for aesthetics, by building such impressive structures in this small piece of land.

He was excited to see us. I am also happy to see him neat and healthy. Dave came running towards our car. His first reactions was what I expected.

”mum. Mum!. Aunt Mimi ! . ” . He exclaimed.

Why she followed him, was not clear to me. I could not decipher the reason. I patted Dave on the head and he hugged Mimi.

”oh Sweet Dave” Mimi said ” I’ve missed you so much”.

Mrs Edeh was still coming towards me. A woman in her early fiftees. Nevertheless, she still dressed to impress.
*She was Dave’s teacher in class 2, but now the headmistress.

Her hardwork really paid off. It was easy for her to be nominated or should I say hand-picked, by the school owner, to be the new Headmistress. This was because the former lady in the position resigned.

Mrs Edeh exchanged pleasantries ” Good afternoon ladies”

” Good afternoon ma” I chorused with Mimi.

” Mrs Egedege, its always nice to see you”

I blushed .” And you too , ma”

”I was about to leave, when I saw you” she said

*Oh that was the reason. Ok. Dave didnt do anything wrong after all* I thought out loud to myself.

Mrs E. noticed my sudden silence. ” are you ok? Whats the matter?

”Nothing ma’am. Its just that….”

”Just what? She cut in.

”I uh….”

” You see ma’am. My friend is searching for job vacancies, and she needs it urgently. We would appreciate any little help from you” Mimi intervened and chuckled with a big grin.

” well we have an opening. And you are? Mrs. E asked

It then occured to me that both of them had not met before. ” She is Mimi. My very good friend”

” I see. Nice to meet you”

”the pleasure is mine” Mimi said and shook hands with Mrs. Edeh.

She- the Headmistress turned my direction and was straight to the point.
” We have a space available for a school service bus and also a cook, for the canteen”

”Ma’am. I am capable” I said with joy.

”unfortunately, the cook position is just a half day job” she added

”I can still drive the school bus ” . The joy in my voice was obvious.

She looked at me,was surprised and said ” Are you sure?

This time Mimi played a role as my guarantor.
”yes ma. Ofcourse she can. My friend is a workaholic ,you know”.

We laughed.

DAMILOLA

The car infront of me was stagnant- literaly- and seemed like a resistance to my motion.

Horns are being hunked left and right. The traffic looks heavy.

My appointment will be delayed. I picked up my phone and dialed Kemi’s number.

*PHONE RINGS*

”hello. Kemi?

”yes. Lola, why did you call? The voice replied.

Kemi and I had attended the same college together . She was and still my bestfriend . A lady like her was rare to come by. She was very good with maths and statistics, always there to save me at the dire minute.
This friendship extended to business and she became my P.A.

”Kemi, someone will deliver paper Maché horses at the flower farm. Please makes sure he is comfortable untill I arrive”

” Where are you now? She enquired.

I was definately stuck in a traffic jam. Only if she listened carefully, it would have been obvious.

”Traffic. Dont worry, I will be there soon”

”OK. Drive safely”

phone line cuts.

The next thirty-minutes. Am in the Plantation. My flower farm. I parked my car right infront of the reception.

I locked the car doors. Then made for the reception and my heels – the shoes were now burdensome- almost made me stumble. Thank God.
I exhaled !

Art crafts adorned the reception-just the way I liked it- and a fresh bevy of flowers neutralised the air conditioned atmosphere.

Then she appeared.
” Oh Damiiiii. You didnt tell me Gabriel was so handsome”Kemi blushed.

I dont remember mentioning his name earlier. So how did she know? Women!

I smiled.

source: https://www.emperorblog.com.ng/?s=WHEN+LOVE+DIES
Re: When Love Dies by Nobody: 1:38pm On May 15, 2019
bonboclat , Xeynab ( f ), Eserise1 ( m), abua ( m), lordjosh( m), Bazzymoney , postdigger ( m), Bobosneh , MarvelousTs5 , Godsgift125 ( m), joyberry ( f ), davefieldpop ( m), IAmkingoludav ( m), Freethesis , Somzee( f), Jegie ( m), IfeMiLove , headTO , RealPhoenix( m), Nicklaus619 ( m), genius43 ( m), sexuential ( m)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Love Dies by Nobody: 5:17pm On May 16, 2019
episode 8

Gabriel

Finally.. She is here. Now I can go home. I stood up as a gentleman . ” hello madam, I’m here with the toys”

” yes, thank you. Kemi please show him where he will put them” Dami continued ‘ and meet my friend Kemi. Kemi this is Gabriel”

‘ No need ma’am, we talked already” I said

” Nice ,nice” she said ” I’m not surprised . Kemi is a good conversation starter”

Kemi did not utter a word. She kept silent, smiling from cheek to cheek. Her eyes gazed upon me like she was lost or something.

” I enjoyed her company, ma’am Damilola”

Dami sighed ‘ please will you stop calling me that? Just Dami or Lola will do’

‘ok. Sorry Ma’am… I mean,sorry… Ok Dami ” I felt stupid.

Dami noticed something funny going on. Kemi was busy pouting and winking at me. Shook her head in a kind of way , then draw her hair backwards while she raised her chest up a bit. It was as if to say ”come get these baby boo”

‘Kemi?..kemi? Ah!!! ‘ Lola beckoned her to sensibility ” please stop that and show him where to put those down’

‘Yes ofcourse. This way please” kemi said.

” Gabriel? How is things going with you and Kate?

”we are fine ,Maxwell, just money issues thats all”

Max is a nice guy. I’m lucky to have him- a brother in-law and a friend. He got married to my younger sister Yvonne. Maxwell is rich and comfortable but after five years of marriage , they still had no issues.
*Here we are ,catching up in a bar. As much as Maxwell is willing to lend me money anytime, I prefered not to ask( it was embarassing).

” bro . Take it easy ok. Money will come”

” when Max? When will that be? I’m running out of patience here’

‘dont be harsh on yourself’

I couldnt care any less. ” To hell with harshness”

‘let me get this straight, so you are willing to do anything for money? He asked

‘yes man. Anything’

‘you sound desperate’

‘I sound confident” . I corrected him ‘ I have to give my wife a good life. She deserves it’

‘easy man. Easy now”

*my phoned beeps*
Text message from Kate
” My love, I and Dave will visit mother and father today, so we might stay out late. See you soon. Love you”

I dropped the phone on the table, but immediately ,another text came in :
‘Hi . I have a business proposal for you. Maybe we could meet tonight. Will that be fine? Please call me. DAMI.’

‘Now this what I’am talking about’ I shouted.

‘Gabriel, low your voice. People might think you’re crazy ,man’

‘I dont care. Max, I have to leave. I’m meeting someone” I said ” please greet my lil’ sis Yvonne.

He was surprised. ‘wait, why so sudden, Gabriel? Gab….?.
I left him there at the bar.

KATHERINE

Dave and I are in the new school service bus. I am driving and he is playing with toys, next seat ,beside the driver’s.

He looked at me and said ” Mom. ‘

‘yes David. What is it?

‘Why couldnt father come with us? I wish he came too’

‘Dont worry son. You know daddy is busy with work. And its just me and you, visiting your Grandma and Grandpa’

He relaxed then came again. ” I miss grandma Nneka, and Grandpa Orji too.’

I smiled .’ you see? There you go again. Dont you miss me too?

‘Mum?!! You are always with me. Just even now, you are here. If you had your way, you might still follow me to the classroom’ Dave said, jokingly.

‘you know I love my baby so much. I cant bear to miss any moment with you’
I laughed.

‘ I know that. And I wish, you ,me and dad, we will always be together. Just one big family’

The sound of that made me happy, but then again deep thoughts would still glare me in the face. I had to concentrate.

‘ofcourse Dave’ I said’ daddy and I will always be with you, forever’

‘I love you mum’
I kissed him on the fore-head. ‘ love you too baby’

GABRIEL

Dami seemed nice and she was a potential business partner.

The waiter was taking her orders.

”….and I will have red wine, also bring me the fried Egg with Jollof.. Dont forget the salad . Ok thanks..” Dami said.

*OH MY! What a consumer* I thought to myself.

”Gabriel what will you take? She asked.

It was embarassing for me. I just managed to say ”get me dried meat and a bottle of Star lite,please”

The waiter noded and zoomed off.

‘So why did you invite me here, Dami?

‘Business’ she said.

‘explain ‘

‘I want you to make wooden vases for my flower shop’

‘Hmm. Really? I said.

‘yea, cant you do it? YOU Know moulded vases are expensive, and easily get damaged. ‘ she continued ‘ the cost alone could be used for better course’

‘ok. I understand’ I said ‘ And what will be my job description…..oh thank you’ The waiter brought my bottle of beer, with dried meat in a bowl

‘you know, you are different’ Dami said ‘ not everyman would be this natural with a lady, on a first date…’

‘huh?First what?’ the meat in my mouth nearly fell off. My mouth was wide open with surprise.

She stared at me, like she wasnt sorry for it. Only if she knew I was married. TROUBLE
Re: When Love Dies by Nobody: 5:18pm On May 16, 2019
episode 9

ANDREW

* The atmosphere was fair enough. It looked like it was going to pour down heavily.
I set out with my car. Then it started to shower…sudden and unexpected.

My meeting with Charlie wont be cancelled,so amendments should take place. I dialed a number.

‘Hello ,Becky?’ re-schedule my appointments …yes, the one with Mr. Tamuno…yes, expecially that one… Ok. Thank you Becky”

My day had not been so well. I couldnt help but wonder : can anything amazing happen today?

minutes later
A lady on the roadside. She looked like she needed help. Her car broke down and she is holding an umbrella :clueless.

I pulled over. ” Hello. You need help?

‘no mister. I’ll be fine. Dont worry about me.

‘Actually, I think you need a lot of it’ I said and came closer to her.

She had this aura or energy. Something like a spark and it was indeed beautiful.

‘You see, my bus broke down and I’ve been trying to fix it’ . She replied.

I rushed under her umbrella for safety from the rain. ‘let me take a look at that’

‘It just stopped’ she continued ‘and I dont kn…’

‘I’ll fix it. Ok? I cut in. She gave me an affirmative look then shrugged.

‘ok’

‘The caburator is heated, got a can of water? I asked .

‘yea sure. Here ,take it’

After a while I was done. ‘Now turn on the ignition’
* She entered the driver’s seat and the car started ,after two attempts.

Shutting the burnett, I came closer and she thanked me.

‘No problem’ I continued’ it just need an expert ‘

‘I’m really grateful. Mr….?’

‘Its Andrew Esele. Call me Andy’

‘Andy thank you so much, I dont know how am ever going to pay you back’

‘You can have coffee with me.’

She bit her lower lip. ‘ uhm , I will try but I’m not certain about that’

Just then I noticed her ring. ‘You are married?

‘yes..’ she replied

‘oh! So what happened? Where is your husband. He was not here to help you. Hmmm, I bet he is lucky to have a pretty lady like you as a wife’

‘Actually, I called him. He is in a meeting now’

She smiled.

She was too young to be in a marriage relationship.

The rain drenched me and my whole body was completely ,or almost saturated with the water. I stood there, hoping she would have a little pity on me. Perhaps, just feel guilty; perhaps, feel remoarseful; or rather still, perhaps feel something-anything.

”I was hoping. Maybe you could still take coffee with me…later?

She smiled once again.’ ok. Andy, maybe Later’

‘ give me your number’

‘uhm…0805468****’ she said, ‘all good?

I dialed the number without her knowledge.

‘Hello?

An assurance briskly touched my face. ‘ Just making sure’ I said ‘ I never got your name?

‘ Katherine, Egedege’

‘You’re a local here in Port-Harcourt? I asked.

‘Nope, I’m Ibo. Enugu to be prescise. My husband is Ikwere’ she replied.

‘Oh! ‘ I exclamed’ that explains it all.

She gave another beautiful smile.

”Ok Kate. See you…later’

She left me there in the rain and I wondered why she was driving a school bus ” hmmm, probably, she owned the school’.

DAMILOLA

At my home. In my office.
Kemi was giving me a prolonged stare. Not very long before she shot at me. ” Damilola? What exactly are you planning towards Gabriel?

I became puzzled. ‘ Huh? Nothing. Just…nothing’

‘What do you mean nothing?

‘Nothing!

‘Dami, you are 25. I’m probably younger than you or the same age. Gabriel is 30’ She shouted ‘ Look at me!

Oh my! Kemi is always like that. Always admonishing me, like she was my mother.
I managed to gaze at her.

‘Good.’ she continued ‘ I know you more than you do yourself. I am not dumb, that I cant notice when my friend is in love. Oh! Damiii, have you forgotten your ordeal with Richard.

*’ Damilola let me go’ that was Richard’s voice, the night he broke up with me. ‘Leave me, I have to get my life together’ he shouted at me ‘ let go off my shirt’
* I was virtually bleeding with tears, begging and crawling on the floor . ‘Please Richie, dont leave me. If you do I will die. ‘ I cried ‘ Remember, you said you love me’
Richard pulled his shirt from my hands before entering his car, looked at me and said ‘ Well . I lied’ *

Kemi jolted me back to the present. ‘ Miss Damilola Akehinde. Hello? I’m talking here’

‘I really dont know’

‘What’s that supposed to mean? She said.

‘I promised Kemi…’

‘Promised her what?

I looked like a fool, but I had to say it. ‘ That I would get her daddy back’

Kemi furrowed her eyebrow . ‘ so? How does Gabriel enter the picture?

I feigned non-challancy. Kemi became furious.

‘Answer me! ‘

‘Take it easy Kemi Joe, I’m still your boss’ I reminded her.

She didnt care. ‘and I’m still your best friend’
*WHAT A BUMMER*

‘To be honest, I dont know’

‘I hope its not what I’m thinking? Because….

I could not take it anymore. ‘ ofcourse not. Please let me breathe’ I shot back at her ‘ mom!! It is not what you think’

She stared at me liked she would pounce on me.

tbc
Re: When Love Dies by Nobody: 5:18pm On May 16, 2019
episode 10

* Hidden Agenda*

Gabriel

Everyone is a monster, we only notice it when the clock strikes thirteen; the devil appears.

I was delusionalised this beautiful morning. I am driven by ego and desperation, working my a-s out. What the hell was I doing on Dami’s farm?

My new boss wanted intimacy, but I wanted more- Sex and wealth.
These seemed impossible due to my marriage with a poor woman.
” Help, someone please help” . A voice called out.

I felt that my mind played a dirty trick on me. Yet again, I heard the voice. It came from the reception and I was a call away.

I rushed in, to find a little girl choking and life was gradually loosing its hold. A much older lady stood there, tears rolling down her face while she wailed with screams.

‘Help us sir’ the lady said ‘ she had an asthma attack’

Fear gripped me and knocked out my sinister thoughts. ‘ uhm.. Get a car.,. Call the farm driver”

She didnt make any motion. She was speechless, jaws down and screaming. ” Funmi, oh Funmi… Please, dont do this to me’

‘Will you stop crying like a toddler? Go and get the car quickly’ I said’ I will carry the little girl’

Nanny zoomed off, only to return with the bad new. ” sir..sir, the vehicles are all out on delivery..I’m confused’

Funmi laid almost lifeless in my arms, fear became my backbone.
‘ ok call her mother’ I said’ I will carry her to the main road’

My footsteps quickened, mindless of the distance to the gate. My heart raced, for the little baby in my arms.

‘Hello. Madam… Madam, Funmi had another attack..’ The nanny continued ‘ yes, madam we are rushing her to the hospital…no ma, sir Gabriel carried her…yes we are almost at the gate…ok Ma’

‘ what did she say’ I said ,above my breath.

‘She is almost here, she will meet us at the gate’

A relief stroked my face.

Within two minutes, we passed the gate and outside beckoning cars to halt. All was futile.
‘Get in’ . Dami was heaven sent. She stopped right infront of us.
Damilola

Nursemaids and Doctors trooped randomly, but none talked to me. The stench of drugs and sickness moved my intestines.

I watched through the gallery, and tears washed down my makeup.

‘Please save my baby’ I was in pain.

‘ dont worry ma’am’ the doctor said’ she will be fine’

‘She is all I have, please save her’

Funmi managed to open her eyes for a while. And tears trickled her cheeks. I felt alone , rejected and stranded.

Gabriel wrapped me in his embrace.

I didnt care if it felt wrong. This is what I wanted- a man to calm me down in stormy times.

‘Gabriel..my Funmi..’ I began, with whimpering.

‘Shhh….Dont cry, it’s going to be alright. Nothing will happen to her’

The feelings evaporated from within. I wanted to stay in this embrace. The aroma of his perfume filled my nostrils, his broad chest stroking my tender nippl*s.
It was exciting- the pain and the joy. Nevertheless, I pushed him away gently.

The doctor came out of the emergency room, walked towards me. I didnt hesitate to get up from the plastic bench.

‘Doctor? How is my daughter? Is she ok?

She shook her head in approval. ‘yes. It was just an asthma attack, triggered by an allergy to a particular scent’

‘ a particular scent? ‘ I tried to picture the scene.

‘Yes. Pride of Barbados, as gotten from the test results’

The doctor suddenly stopped. Looking at her, I knew something was up. Then she asked ” Are you the father?

Gabriel replied in a very funny way. ” Huh? No I’m just… Am not the husband’

‘oh ! I see. Thank God you brought the girl in earlier’ the doctor continued ‘who knows ? Her brain could have shut down due to lack of oxygen’

The thought of that happening, gave me goosebumps. I virtually jerked and electricity passed through my spine.

‘Thank you doc’ I said

‘you are welcome. I will leave you now’

‘can I see my daughter?

‘Yes. Why not? You can go in’ she replied.

Joy revisited my heart, when I opened the door. Funmi laid peacefully and opened her eyes for a while.
”Gabriel? ‘ I asked ‘ I have a job for you’

‘What? He asked with curiousity.

‘I’m willing to pay you 300k a month’ I said ‘ dont ever leave me, just stay here with me and my daughter’

He stared at me. Grins and then replies ” 300 thousand naira a month, as what? A gardener or an artist?

I blinked. Hoping he would understand. Twisted my lips sideways and my tongue touched my upper teeth.

‘No.. . Not that’ I began ‘ As a father to my daughter, Funmi. Just stay with us. No commitment to me, only pretend to be her father for just a year’

When it finally escaped my mouth, I anticipated him to refuse outrightly. That was far from the truth, he stood there speechless and undecisive.

‘What have I done? I thought out loudly.
If kemi hears this one, she is going to write a book of sermon for me.

I didnt know what to feel, but my fears would not allow me think straight. The goal was infront of me, only conflict barred me from it.

source: https://www.emperorblog.com.ng/?s=WHEN+LOVE+DIES

1 Like

Re: When Love Dies by Gilbertuyore(m): 7:03pm On May 16, 2019
we are waiting oo
Re: When Love Dies by Nobody: 6:35pm On May 18, 2019
episode 11

Gabriel.

Nothing hurts more than taking a decision when those whom you did it for, gets hurt in the end. Its like commiting suicide

when you are subjected to be hanged at the same time.

I went home and could not stop thinking about my incident with with Dami.
It wore me out gradually and Kate noticed the tension in my voice and behaviour .
I could have chose to hide it, but it was there.

I became disgusted with the food on the table. Nothing felt right , nothing seemed in place .
I barely ate the macroni and fresh fish which my wife prepared . Somehow my taste bud was defaulted .

“Love you barely ate anything, something wrong? Kate asked while she fondled her fork on the plate.

I made no attempts to answer , but somehow I was obliged to ” Nothing, my Love. Its just work. I’m stressed out”

“OK then, maybe you should eat a little and go take a good shower. After that I’m sure you will be fine” Kate continued
” Love , but tell me , is there something I should know?

“Uh? What? Its nothing really” I said , feeling guilty that I lied to my wife.

Dave , being a happy fellow like always encouraged me to eat. (Imagine , my own child treating me like a baby, hmm how sweet)

“You better eat. Dad its good for you. Our teacher says “a balanced diet makes the body grow” He said

“Oh I see! So you want daddy to grow bigger than this? I joked about it , with my hands placed few inches above my head.

The laughter on his face was awesome. ” You are funny. That’s not what I meant,You are already big , tall and handsome. All you need is to eat healthy”

” That’s alright, son eat up. The left over will be put into the fridge for tomorrow” Kate interrupted us.
******************†***********

I came out of the shower, feeling fresh and energetic as ever. The pillows on the bed had flowers designs on them- Damilola came to mind.
Kate is beautiful , but even more when she starts combing her hair in front of the mirror.
I hanged my towel to dry . With only knickers on, went under the sheets.

“Gabriel? Tell me something ‘ Kate began.’ What happened today? Why are you so moody?

I felt a shock running down my legs. Then I was forced to reply “Uhm .. My friend Tayo..’

‘Yes what about him? She asked

“You see, Tayo has a friend who…. Kate what do you know about “DADDY FOR HIRE? I asked her without thinking twice.

Her face gave a surprising look. She dropped the comb, turned and looked at me .

” what? Daddy for hire? What stupid work is that? ” she was surprised indeed ” I know about Nanny for hire, but “dady for hire”?
That’s stupid and absurd”

I swallowed my saliva and it didn’t go down well though. ” Well , you see..’ I began

” Tayo has a friend , whom a lady hired as a daddy for her daughter. According to him, the lady wants him to pretend like a her child’s father.
Just for a year”

‘ That’s crazy. So what’s he going to be doing? Wipe out diper or babby -sit her child?. I don’t believe you Gabriel’

“Not that , Love. The little girl is six. Besides no man in his right senses would be a nanny” I said. Feeling deep guilt and disgust.

Kate put off her night gown cover, remaining her lingerie. What a sight to behold. How sexy and beautiful she is.
She came to bed with me, wrapped herself under my arms with her nose under my ampit.

” hmmmmm… Smells like trouble” she said , with the most beautiful smile ever.

I grasped her firmly and looked deep into her brown eyes. I was not sure what I felt but I knew one thing : I did all I had to do for her.

” To be honest love, I don’t think its wise . What if he falls in love with the woman? Kate asked

‘what can I say ? I replied.

Kate suddenly noticed something. Pushed me in a serious but funny manner ‘ Hey ! Are you sure its not you? If I find out you have another woman
and you just using this as an excuse…..’

“No love, I’ m not and besides I will never set eyes upon another woman ‘ I said ‘ but only you’
At this point ,the guilt enveloped me. The more I tried to hide it, the more it became obvious. I turned to the other side and
I could see through the reflecting glass on our cupboard .

My wife raised her arms like she would punch me or something , bit her lower lip then said ” You better not , because if you do that.. You will get it from me’

It really made me laugh…

*************************†**********

The guy waited for me to say something .

The speakers were a bit loud but I could still hear my heart beat fast.

The club was deem lighted with red rolling bulbs. It seemed like everyone there was red in complexion.
A glass of Martini and grape fruit slice stare back at me, my eyes were down . I can’t look at him, No! How Ami going to say this?

Tayo ‘ s blue jacket complimented his brown chinos trousers, he just got a new hair cut.

‘ Bro ? Gabz? …. What is it man? ‘ Tayo asked after being so impatient ‘ Its been ages you put you head down and you are not saying anything’

I raised an eyebrow , ” Bro I’ m confused ‘

“I am all ears ‘ He said , while crossing his arms.

” Tayo , am in deep pepper soup”

He gave out a hysterical laughter and coughed before looking at me again.

” how deep? Eat all the meat and drink the soup. I am sure you will survive’

You think this is funny? I asked , feeling nerdy and drunk.

‘ OK am sorry..what is it ?

My back rested upon the leather cushion. I sighed a deep relief but still not looking at his face.

‘ Bro , I’m in love with another woman.’ I shook my head in regret.

” That’s impossible. You are not the womanizer amongst us.. Maxwel is not , rather I’m the Kingpin in that field. So how come?
He looked really surprised.

‘ Tayo, The worst part is that she doesn’t know and now she even offered me a job’ I paused and took another gulp of matini.

‘ what kinda job?. Go on, I’m listening ‘

” She wants me to pretend I’m her child’s father. Kate doesn’t even know abut this. I lied to her for the first time in my life, that it was your friend
who got the job.” I looked at him for a moment and assimilated the fact that he would understand.

‘ Man this is complicated ‘ he began ‘ So what do you intend to do? Will you take the job?

“Of course I will. I need the money ” I ejected the feeling right away.

” what about the little girl? So you will lie to her too? And Kate ,what happens if she get to know about this eventually?

“Honestly bro, I don’t know’……

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The District Officer's Daughter / Get Your Grammarly Premium Account / Unbreak My Heart - Romance Novel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 177
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.