Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,149 members, 7,825,589 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:15 PM

Come And Let's Reason Together. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Come And Let's Reason Together. (2923 Views)

Come Let's Reason Together. / Let Us Reason Together.... / Why Would A Loving GOD Not Kill Satan From The Beginning And Let Live In Peace? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Come And Let's Reason Together. by bennyann: 5:23pm On Nov 05, 2016
It is my personal belief that there are mainly two sides to everything. And each sides exist ( I mean you can't say they don't exist, even the word 'empty' shows 'emptiness' exist in relation to 'full' ).

I'm talking about common opposites, absolute polar opposites to everything about life.

Some we know and we believe in them. Some we don't know but that doesn't mean they don't exist, they just simply mean we don't know.

Examples are:

Day - Night
Light - Darkness
Good - Bad
Strong - Weak
Left - Right
Solid - Liquid
Best - Worst
Right - Wrong
Logical - Unrealistic
Natural - Artificial
Permanent - Temporal
Tangible - Abstract
Wise - Foolish
Visible - Unseeable
Earthly- Celestial
Physical - Spiritual
Holy - Evil
Body - Spirit

All the above are opposites we believe exist. But why is it that some of us don't believe in the last one, that spirits exist. Isn't that enough proof?

Why should we believe in the existence of all forms of opposites but rule the last one out?

2 Likes

Re: Come And Let's Reason Together. by LaClicKLaBenDin(m): 5:42pm On Nov 05, 2016
bennyann:
It is my personal belief that there are mainly two sides to everything. And each sides exist ( I mean you can't say they don't exist, even the word 'empty' shows 'emptiness' exist in relation to 'full' ).

I'm talking about common opposites, absolute polar opposites to everything about life.

Some we know and we believe in them. Some we don't know but that doesn't mean they don't exist, they just simply mean we don't know.

Examples are:

Day - Night
Light - Darkness
Good - Bad
Strong - Weak
Left - Right
Solid - Liquid
Best - Worst
Right - Wrong
Logical - Unrealistic
Natural - Artificial
Permanent - Temporal
Tangible - Abstract
Wise - Foolish
Visible - Unseeable
Earthly- Celestial
Physical - Spiritual
Holy - Evil
Body - Spirit

All the above are opposites we believe exist. But why is it that some of us don't believe in the last one, that spirits exist. Isn't that enough proof?

Why should we believe in the existence of all forms of opposites but rule the last one out?

Just like there's the natural and supernatural...

1 Like

Re: Come And Let's Reason Together. by Slikbae: 6:31pm On Nov 05, 2016
Everything that has an original has a counterfeit. If God doesn't exist, where do evil people get powers from?

1 Like

Re: Come And Let's Reason Together. by bennyann: 6:36pm On Nov 05, 2016
LaClicKLaBenDin:

Just like there's the natural and supernatural...

Exactly! Thanks.
Re: Come And Let's Reason Together. by bennyann: 6:40pm On Nov 05, 2016
Slikbae:
Everything that has an original has a counterfeit. If God doesn't exist, where do evil people get powers from?

I believe that also, that everything that has an original has a counterfeit. That's a good one.

I'm curious to know answers to your question from those who don't believe spirits exist.
Re: Come And Let's Reason Together. by ValentineMary(m): 10:21pm On Nov 05, 2016
Mtchewww. Ask urself honestly if u made sense OP.
Re: Come And Let's Reason Together. by bennyann: 6:43am On Nov 06, 2016
Physical - Spiritual
Visible - Unseeable
Flesh - Spirit cheesy
Re: Come And Let's Reason Together. by bennyann: 6:46am On Nov 06, 2016
ValentineMary:

Yes, that's it. That's always the height of it. You can't do without talking about 'sense'. Even those wiser than you know the topic makes sense. All they have to do is share with us reasons they don't believe in the spiritual, when they believe in the physical. Which you fail to do also.

AND let me ask you, since you value 'sense' so much, what then happens to you when all your senses are gone. Or you also feel that doesn't make sense

It's amazing how words and their opposites doesn't make sense to you anymore undecided

1 Like

Re: Come And Let's Reason Together. by skeendyke: 7:54am On Nov 06, 2016
They do not believe the last one because it wasn't mentioned in any science class or science textbook therefore its reality is debatable.

What is worse is that they refuse to admit thousands of occurrences which science (wisdom of the world) has failed to explain such as someone coming back to life after being certified dead, the use of many cutlasses or matchetes to pierce the mouth and body without blood dripping from the wound - Asians are very good at this as I first saw it on CNN a video documentary about weird realities (apologies for the mistake), the phenomena of poltergeist activities that have been caught on tape - google it or youtube it...and many many more.

Point is science may be a broad subject but its scope is very narrow and by virtue of what it is it is helplessly handicapped in relation to the events of the paranormal and the supernatural.

Even more pathetic are the ignorant folks that, as the Crusaders of Science, will ask me proof of this like I am some errand boy to serve their lazy minds with proof of what is littered all over the internet.

Last thought. To atheists and free thinkers - if science cannot explain the reality of many concepts not within its scope of operation, why would you deny their reality?

2 Likes

Re: Come And Let's Reason Together. by LaClicKLaBenDin(m): 7:55am On Nov 06, 2016
ValentineMary:

And what sense have you made to prove to the OP that she doesn't make sense?

Author of sense, I'm waiting to see you make sense.

1 Like

Re: Come And Let's Reason Together. by TomHagen: 8:06am On Nov 06, 2016
bennyann:

Yes, that's it. That's always the height of it. You can't do without talking about 'sense'. Even those wiser than you know the topic makes sense. All they have to do is share with us reasons they don't believe in the spiritual, when they believe in the physical. Which you fail to do also.

AND let me ask you, since you value 'sense' so much, what then happens to you when all your senses are gone. Or you also feel that doesn't make sense

It's amazing how words and their opposites doesn't make sense to you anymore undecided
Why is spiritual the opposite of physical as opposed to mental?
Re: Come And Let's Reason Together. by skeendyke: 8:36am On Nov 06, 2016
TomHagen:

The mental is a mechanism of the physical attributes and it does not possess all the characteristics of the physical while the spiritual possesses all the characteristics of the physical including the mental.

1 Like

Re: Come And Let's Reason Together. by TomHagen: 9:18am On Nov 06, 2016
skeendyke:

The mental is a mechanism of the physical attributes and it does not possess all the characteristics of the physical while the spiritual possesses all the characteristics of the physical including the mental.
So consciousness is physical?
Re: Come And Let's Reason Together. by ValentineMary(m): 11:21am On Nov 06, 2016
LaClicKLaBenDin:

And what sense have you made to prove to the OP that she doesn't make sense?

Author of sense, I'm waiting to see you make sense.
I have no time to waste here. Any smart person would know that this post does not make sense. I would not even waste time trying to counter anything.
Re: Come And Let's Reason Together. by skeendyke: 12:20pm On Nov 06, 2016
TomHagen:
So consciousness is physical?

You digress. An attribute of the physical does not translate to a physical property.
Re: Come And Let's Reason Together. by LaClicKLaBenDin(m): 12:20pm On Nov 06, 2016
ValentineMary:
I have no time to waste here. Any smart person would know that this post does not make sense. I would not even waste time trying to counter anything.

Well done. Smart person.

I wonder what you were even doing on that thread.

1 Like

Re: Come And Let's Reason Together. by bennyann: 12:20pm On Nov 06, 2016
skeendyke:
They do not believe the last one because it wasn't mentioned in any science class or science textbook therefore its reality is debatable.

What is worse is that they refuse to admit thousands of occurrences which science (wisdom of the world) has failed to explain such as someone coming back to life after being certified dead, the use of many cutlasses or matchetes to pierce the mouth and body without blood dripping from the wound - Asians are very good at this as I first saw it on CNN a video documentary about weird realities (apologies for the mistake), the phenomena of poltergeist activities that have been caught on tape - google it or youtube it...and many many more.

Point is science may be a broad subject but its scope is very narrow and by virtue of what it is it is helplessly handicapped in relation to the events of the paranormal and the supernatural.

Even more pathetic are the ignorant folks that, as the Crusaders of Science, will ask me proof of this like I am some errand boy to serve their lazy minds with proof of what is littered all over the internet.

Last thought. To atheists and free thinkers - if science cannot explain the reality of many concepts not within its scope of operation, why would you deny their reality?

You're funny due to the bolded.

The above is very insightful of you. Thanks

I join you to ask the question below :

To atheists and free thinkers - if science cannot explain the reality of many concepts not within its scope of operation, why would you deny their reality?
Re: Come And Let's Reason Together. by orunto27: 12:21pm On Nov 06, 2016
Body : Shadow. Human : Spirit. Death : Life. Dead : Exist.

2 Likes

Re: Come And Let's Reason Together. by bennyann: 12:43pm On Nov 06, 2016
TomHagen:

I agree with skeendyke. Though I understand your question because many use mental as the opposite of physical.

Physical - has to do with something tangible, visible, sensible, real to the human eyes and mind.

Mental - it relates to the mind, that is any intellectual process or activity. In other words, it has to do with logic.

Let's take your thoughts as example. You can't say your thoughts are physical because they're not visible, tangible but they're real to you because you believe in your thoughts though I can't see them and you also believe in mine. Our thoughts are real to us because we all believe we have thoughts, we're living evidences of that because we (our body) act out what we think or we don't but we know our thoughts are alive in our heads.

You can say mental is a sub of Spiritual. But I go more with spiritual as the opposite of physical because we can't see spiritual things, but more importantly or better still more distinctly, we all can't tell if it's real and we all can't prove it at the same time unlike mental.

In other words, spiritual doesn't go with logics as do mental. It doesn't make sense to us because we all don't see it to be real as 'mental'

Now you see why spiritual should be more of an opposite to physical.

2 Likes

Re: Come And Let's Reason Together. by bennyann: 12:47pm On Nov 06, 2016
orunto27:
Body : Shadow. Human : Spirit. Death : Life. Dead : Exist.

That's it! smiley

I bet you understand them than I do
Re: Come And Let's Reason Together. by TomHagen: 1:17pm On Nov 06, 2016
skeendyke:

You digress. An attribute of the physical does not translate to a physical property.
Is consciousness an ''attribute of the physical''?
Re: Come And Let's Reason Together. by TomHagen: 1:25pm On Nov 06, 2016
bennyann:

But I go more with spiritual as the opposite of physical because we can't see spiritual things, but more importantly or better still more distinctly, we all can't tell if it's real and we all can't prove it at the same time unlike mental.

I am sure you know that some people consider this enough reason to aver that there is no such thing as the spiritual. How does one use something that cannot be ''non-existent'' as the opposite of something else.
Re: Come And Let's Reason Together. by bennyann: 1:43pm On Nov 06, 2016
TomHagen:
I am sure you know that some people consider this enough reason to aver that there is no such thing as the spiritual. How does one use something that cannot be ''non-existent'' as the opposite of something else.

From the beginning I said all this duality about life exists. Those we don't know simply means we don't know, it doesn't mean they don't exist.

So, let's look at the spiritual from this perspective :

The fact that something or some person isn't visible to you or the human eyes, the fact that something isn't tangible to you, isn't sensible to you, the fact that your mind cannot comprehend such things, you can't manipulate them, does that mean those things don't exist simply because of your limitations?
Re: Come And Let's Reason Together. by LaClicKLaBenDin(m): 1:45pm On Nov 06, 2016
TomHagen:

Don't you think it will be myopic to rule out things because they're not physical (non-existent)? I asked because, if you're an ardent follower of science, you'd know that over the years, so many discoveries have been made about things that, some decades or centuries ago people thought are non-existent.

1 Like

Re: Come And Let's Reason Together. by TomHagen: 2:11pm On Nov 06, 2016
LaClicKLaBenDin:

Don't you think it will be myopic to rule out things because they're not physical (non-existent)? I asked because, if you're an ardent follower of science, you'd know that over the years, so many discoveries have been made about things that, some decades or centuries ago people thought are non-existent.
It is also ''hypermetropic'' to use such things like spiritual as the opposite of anything. Science will never discover the spiritual. It's outside its purview. If science can discover anything, then it's not spiritual as science always employs physical instruments.
Re: Come And Let's Reason Together. by skeendyke: 2:19pm On Nov 06, 2016
bennyann:

You're funny due to the bolded.

The above is very insightful of you. Thanks

I join you to ask the question below :

To atheists and free thinkers - if science cannot explain the reality of many concepts not within its scope of operation, why would you deny their reality?

I bet you this - they will never admit the reality of anything that hasn't the stamp of approval of Science even if they see it unfolding before their very eyes. If Science has no explanation for it then it must be some superstition or the mind playing tricks on the observer. According to them, it is not real or feasible if Science has no logical explanation for it. Talk about myopic view of reality.

1 Like

Re: Come And Let's Reason Together. by skeendyke: 2:22pm On Nov 06, 2016
bennyann:

I agree with skeendyke. Though I understand your question because many use mental as the opposite of physical.

Physical - has to do with something tangible, visible, sensible, real to the human eyes and mind.

Mental - it relates to the mind, that is any intellectual process or activity. In other words, it has to do with logic.

Let's take your thoughts as example. You can't say your thoughts are physical because they're not visible, tangible but they're real to you because you believe in your thoughts though I can't see them and you also believe in mine. Our thoughts are real to us because we all believe we have thoughts, we're living evidences of that because we (our body) act out what we think or we don't but we know our thoughts are alive in our heads.

You can say mental is a sub of Spiritual. But I go more with spiritual as the opposite of physical because we can't see spiritual things, but more importantly or better still more distinctly, we all can't tell if it's real and we all can't prove it at the same time unlike mental.

In other words, spiritual doesn't go with logics as do mental. It doesn't make sense to us because we all don't see it to be real as 'mental'

Now you see why spiritual should be more of an opposite to physical.

Lovely. Cannot add anything to it or take from it.
Re: Come And Let's Reason Together. by bennyann: 2:30pm On Nov 06, 2016
skeendyke:

I bet you this - they will never admit the reality of anything that hasn't the stamp of approval of Science even if they see it unfolding before their very eyes. If Science has no explanation for it then it must be some superstition or the mind playing tricks on the observer. According to them, it is not real or feasible if Science has no logical explanation for it. Talk about myopic view of reality.

You seem to know them better. Isn't it wonderful how you know what they know but still allow yourself to go beyond the physical limit, the limit of the flesh?

I admire people like you who do not let their flesh set boundaries for them.
Re: Come And Let's Reason Together. by skeendyke: 2:30pm On Nov 06, 2016
TomHagen:
Is consciousness an ''attribute of the physical''?

By physical, what do you mean - Man, trees, matter in general? Be specific.

1 Like

Re: Come And Let's Reason Together. by bennyann: 2:32pm On Nov 06, 2016
skeendyke:

Lovely. Cannot add anything to it or take from it.

Thank you so much. I'll gladly welcome your inputs anytime.
Re: Come And Let's Reason Together. by skeendyke: 2:37pm On Nov 06, 2016
Bennyann, thanks for the comments. The truth is I am as weak as any man in this corrupt flesh but I learn from my falls and am confident in the fact that Jesus holds my hands and leads me along therefore whatever I am today, the credit goes to Him only. smiley

1 Like

Re: Come And Let's Reason Together. by LaClicKLaBenDin(m): 2:40pm On Nov 06, 2016
TomHagen:
It is also ''hypermetropic'' to use such things like spiritual as the opposite of anything. Science will never discover the spiritual. It's outside its purview. If science can discover anything, then it's not spiritual as science always employs physical instruments.

My point is, dismissing anything that science doesn't have an explanation to, is myopic. Science doesn't have an answer yet to so many things. Science can't even cure so many diseases; well, I have experienced God heal HIV, Cancer, and ever sickle cell anemia, and these healings are verifiable medically, because their medical history, reports and test are there.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Atheists In The House, Come In (photo) / Yoruba Homosapiens History Written By My Grandfather / Was Solomon Saved?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.