Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,308 members, 7,819,049 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:35 AM

The Stories We Don't Get To Hear - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Stories We Don't Get To Hear (655 Views)

Almost All The Stories On NL Has Become An Abandoned Work By The Writers. / I Still Don't Get It! / Watch: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie: Whites Don't Get To Define Racism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Stories We Don't Get To Hear by kennedymonk(m): 9:43pm On Nov 05, 2016
THE STORIES WE DON'T HEAR

It's night again, and there is the moon in the skies of the Plateau , it's chill not really cold. I settled in grandma's hut to hear these beautiful stories. Yesterday it was the tortoise, what would it be today, the Fox?,
I raised my eyes and once more noticed the beautifully knitted thatch that covered us from the sky.
I hear folks living under galvanized iron roofs hear the stories differently, their stories are usually read to them while they pleasantly smile to sleep, it is mostly about beautiful princesses and their pauper lovers, lucky maids who get to charm the Prince, some dragon and so much of funny magic.
I wanted to hear these stories,
" Grand ma tell a different story " I said , was slave trade really real, did we have people transported bound in weighty chains, is it true that the peace of our Palace was distorted and a mockery made of our royalty,
Its true, she didn't tell me but look at her eyes , she's weeping, it's true
These are the stories we don't get to hear....

2 Likes

Re: The Stories We Don't Get To Hear by AndyAustin(m): 10:09pm On Nov 05, 2016
nice one bro. I must say you have a very catchy title. But i think the write up still needs some attention from you, as it seems like something you just wrote lazily (no offence pls). I'll agree with you that there are truly stories that are never told. But what's about them? You are to tell us this and beside I think the write up is somehow blurred in regards to the genre of literature which this should appropriately be. No offence inteneded.
Re: The Stories We Don't Get To Hear by kennedymonk(m): 10:40pm On Nov 05, 2016
AndyAustin:
nice one bro. I must say you have a very catchy title. But i think the write up still needs some attention from you, as it seems like something you just wrote lazily (no offence pls). I'll agree with you that there are truly stories that are never told. But what's about them? You are to tell us this and beside I think the write up is somehow blurred in regards to the genre of literature which this should appropriately be. No offence inteneded.
Thank you, I should do more work
Re: The Stories We Don't Get To Hear by AndyAustin(m): 7:03pm On Nov 06, 2016
kennedymonk:
Thank you, I should do more work
Yes.
Re: The Stories We Don't Get To Hear by ajomzz(m): 10:32am On Nov 07, 2016
[b][/b]Suiiii

(1) (Reply)

Where Can I Get Good Novels In Abeokuta? / To those feeling sucidal / ABUSIVE (A Novella) By Dave90

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.