Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,720 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:48 PM

I Still Don't Get It! - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / I Still Don't Get It! (532 Views)

I Need An Explanation For This Cos I Still Don't Know The Theory Behind It / Watch: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie: Whites Don't Get To Define Racism / The Stories We Don't Get To Hear (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Still Don't Get It! by wydmag(m): 6:04am On Jan 19, 2017
I still don't get it when you sell your votes and still complain of rigging or bad leadership. I still don't get it when contractors have to bribe with almost half the amount of the contract to be awarded.

I still don't get it when students misses class for football match, party and they start praying during exam period for a miraculous "A" intervention. I still don't get it when girls of these days sleep with men their fathers age for money and other fancy things but expect to marry Mr Right.

I still don't get it when Christians spend tithe money and still sings "Abraham Blessings are mine". I still don't get it when a Muslim who is fasting yet break the fast with Vodka. I still don't get it when a Sango worshiper eats the bitter kola meant for the deity in the rainy season.

I still don't get it when rich men will be chasing undergraduate girls for. But they lock the gate on their female wards at home. I still don't get it when the federal government will pay militants #65000 but pay Corpers #19800 and graduates #30000 yet they want the youth to be productive. I still don't get it when politicians shout that the youth are the leaders of tomorrow yet they employ them as bodyguards and thugs.

Up till now, Honestly, I still don't get it.
If you say you get it, Wehdone sir/ Wehdone ma.

Let the game begin, drop your own line of "I still don't get it" today to save a nation. Its a movement for development and a medium of awareness.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

. / Before The Drought / Who Am I?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.