Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,816 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:35 AM

Veni, Vidi, Vici - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Veni, Vidi, Vici (610 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Veni, Vidi, Vici by Alhajipablo(m): 12:39am On Nov 06, 2016
Veni, Vidi, Vici
I waited anxiously on the queue for the platoon inspector to call out my platoon number so as to hand over my posting letter. Finally, the moment came when my number was called, I stepped upfront drunkenly to receive my sentence letter for the next 10 months. one look at my posting letter made me smile sheepishly , because I couldn't even pronounce the name of the Local Government I was posted to. I later learnt it was pronounced Uzo-Uwani, in which I was posted to one small village called Nkpologwu. The search for those Who were posted to the same Local Government with me began, and it took just a little while to find about six others who have received the same sentence as I did "10 months in Uzo-Uwani". We arrived Nkpologwu community around 5:30 pm and all we did was wander through the community wondering if there were no living souls in the community because we met only an old woman and just a handful of young children in the village, they weren't up to ten. We all laid on the mat provided for us for the night, but none of us was able to sleep. We made a pact amongst ourselves to leave the village the next day at the first break of dawn because none of us seemed to be able to cope with the conditions of the village. The next day began a new phase of our NYSC sojourn, we had to jump a tipper carrying manual workers with their instruments on our way to town because it was very difficult to get a decent vehicle in that village. On getting to town, we all found our ways, some moved to the main town, some moved to bigger villages while the ones with the biggest guts decided to stay back in Nkpologwu. The service year came with so many events, too numerous to be mentioned, lots of wonderful friends were made and unbreakable bond were formed.
In the words of the Enugu State NYSC coordinator ,if you can survive Uzo-Uwani you can survive anywhere in the world.
Veni, Vidi, Vici .
Emeritus.
Emeritus is a freelance writer signed under the management of Emezon enterprises, you can contact Emezon enterprises for your quality write -ups for different occasions.

(1) (Reply)

6th Edition Of FAGUNWA DAY - 2017 / The Craving Heart / My Packet Of Cheeseball ( Flash Fiction) By Akínjídé Akíntayo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.