Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,299 members, 7,957,758 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 07:24 PM

My Packet Of Cheeseball ( Flash Fiction) By Akínjídé Akíntayo - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Packet Of Cheeseball ( Flash Fiction) By Akínjídé Akíntayo (634 Views)

Helen Of The Night (flash Fiction By Kayode Odusanya) / Money Ain't Loyal: A Hard-boiled Crime Fiction By Daniel Junior / Purified Tomorrow: The Mad Awakening (A Science Fiction) By Akinjide Akintayo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Packet Of Cheeseball ( Flash Fiction) By Akínjídé Akíntayo by Divepen1(m): 7:36am On Oct 03, 2017
We stared at the torrents of rain as we waited in the uncompleted building. I held my elder sister’s(Jade’s) hand. She in turn touched Olawale’s, Our elder brother’s, hand, but he drew it away. At that moment, my concern was how our mother would tear them to pieces for taking me, a five-year old, on their escapades.

‘ Leave me..’ He snapped.
Jade giggled and wagged her tongue at him. ‘ Hungry! Hungry!’
‘ Mummy, will kill us’, Olawale said.
Jade stared into my eyes and I brightened up. She whooped. ‘ What if we go home in the rain?’
‘ Yea’, I shouted, waving my packet of cheeseball. I glanced at Olawale. He looked away and then winked at my packet of cheeseball.
However, he didn’t say anything. Instead, he glanced at Jade and at my packet of cheeseball.

‘ Ibukun, let us share this cheese ball. I will give you my gala’, she said.
Excitedly, I nodded and gave it to her. She handed it to Olawale, who tore the packet and shared the cheeseballs among us.
Energetically, Olawale shouted, ‘ Let’s go home’.

We entered the rain and headed home, which was a street away. We sang ‘rain, rain go away’ all the way to our house.
That evening, we met Mummy at home and she flogged them terribly. Few days later, they were sent to boarding schools. From there, we all became busy and serious with life.

So fifteen years later, as we sat round a table to celebrate Christmas with mummy, Jade’s son entered the parlour with a packet of cheeseball. I snatched it and shared it among the three of us. Jade chuckled as we began to munch the cheese balls. Tears came to my eyes as we sang ‘ rain rain go away’.

http://writertain.com/2017/10/03/my-packet-of-cheeseball-flash-fiction/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Packet Of Cheeseball ( Flash Fiction) By Akínjídé Akíntayo by Writingdiva: 7:56pm On Oct 03, 2017
Awww smiley

1 Like

Re: My Packet Of Cheeseball ( Flash Fiction) By Akínjídé Akíntayo by Creeza(m): 8:16pm On Oct 03, 2017
Awwwn! I love this.
Brings memories alive.

'Ended where it all began.' divepen1 why is this pattern always a sweet way to end stories? smiley thanks for sharing
Re: My Packet Of Cheeseball ( Flash Fiction) By Akínjídé Akíntayo by Divepen1(m): 9:55pm On Oct 03, 2017
Creeza:
Awwwn! I love this.
Brings memories alive.

'Ended where it all began.' divepen1 why is this pattern always a sweet way to end stories? smiley thanks for sharing
Lol..
Thanks. Yea oo...

1 Like

Re: My Packet Of Cheeseball ( Flash Fiction) By Akínjídé Akíntayo by queenitee(f): 10:16pm On Oct 03, 2017
Awwwwn, sweet childhood memories repeating itself

1 Like

Re: My Packet Of Cheeseball ( Flash Fiction) By Akínjídé Akíntayo by 26Clueless(m): 10:38pm On Oct 03, 2017
such a nice piece of work

1 Like

Re: My Packet Of Cheeseball ( Flash Fiction) By Akínjídé Akíntayo by Missnande(f): 4:01pm On Oct 04, 2017
Lovely! E don tey wey I chop cheeseballs.
Re: My Packet Of Cheeseball ( Flash Fiction) By Akínjídé Akíntayo by Divepen1(m): 6:32pm On Oct 04, 2017
Missnande:
Lovely! E don tey wey I chop cheeseballs.
Me too...
Re: My Packet Of Cheeseball ( Flash Fiction) By Akínjídé Akíntayo by EvaJael(f): 10:03pm On Oct 04, 2017
Awwn so lovely. Beautiful work Divepen1, so simple yet touching the depths of the heart. I love it plenty. You made me crave for cheeseballs

1 Like

Re: My Packet Of Cheeseball ( Flash Fiction) By Akínjídé Akíntayo by Divepen1(m): 10:19pm On Oct 04, 2017
EvaJael:
Awwn so lovely. Beautiful work Divepen1, so simple yet touching the depths of the heart. I love it plenty. You made me crave for cheeseballs
Awaawn .. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Ella Nwa / Stealing The Sun (greek Mythology) / Limbo!! (fantasy)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.