Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,890 members, 7,817,618 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:39 PM

10 Things You Really Don’t Know About Christ - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 10 Things You Really Don’t Know About Christ (12790 Views)

In Israel, You Will Be Jailed For Preaching About Christ. / Five Things You Probably Didn't Know About Christ Embassy As A Church (photos) / The Truth About Christ Jesus {peace Be Unto Him) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Things You Really Don’t Know About Christ by kinkonp: 6:22am On Nov 06, 2016

In spring of 1872, noted photographer Eadweard Muybridge devised a method of fast-motion photography that allowed him to see a horse running in slow motion. In doing that, he effectively invented the motion picture industry. One hundred and fifty years later, Muybridge’s moving-picture efforts inspired a curious experiment for me: What happens, I wondered, if I linger among the images of Jesus in the gospel accounts? What unexpected lessons will I find if I risk viewing God in Slow Motion? I decided to find out.

Unexpected Lesson: Humility = Glory. Jesus, in his birth, thumbed his nose at all human expectations of greatness. In that first breath, He redefined what glory is and means. He constructed a brand-new equation that only makes sense if God is truly God: Humility = Glory. Christ chose humility underfoot – arriving as a helpless, reliably incontinent infant – as the most resplendent setting for the opening act of his grand redemptive work. In that moment, God’s reputation in human eyes meant nothing. His saving purpose was all that mattered, and the result has been greater glory than humanity could have ever imagined.

3.Unexpected Lesson: God loves a mystery. If you don’t believe God loves a mystery, just read his book. In chapter one of Genesis you’ll find an eternal, self-existent, all-powerful being – Someone in need of absolutely nothing. And yet, He created. He spoke and everything that exists was formed, from the awe-inspiring, mammoth sun to the mitochondria that inhabit your very cells. Why would God do that? He had no need. He wasn’t looking for a hobby – and He certainly could foresee the heartache and sinfulness that would run rampant in his creation over time. So why create at all? It’s a mystery.

Unexpected Lesson: Sometimes, we don’t listen to His voice … thinking we do. How? Because the sick need a doctor, and – often really – we refuse to admit we’re sick. I hear Christ calling and I say to myself, He’s talking to someone else. After all, it’s the sick that need a doctor, and surely I’m not sick, am I? It’s a mistake of vision – and the reason we Christians are so often un-Christlike in the way we live, the way we love, and the way we represent our master to the culture in which He’s placed us.

Unexpected Lesson: Jesus is one scary dude. In case you didn’t notice it last time you read “Jesus Calms the Storm” in your Bible, you should know something the disciples obviously recognized: Jesus is (in the best sense possible) one scary dude. After Christ stilled the deadly storm, the Bible says of his disciples: “They were terrified…” That used to confuse me, but as more and more gray hair appears in my beard, I’m beginning to understand. It is both terrifying and exhilarating to serve our mighty God. How awesome is that?

Unexpected Lesson: Christ’s compassion is bigger than my vision. Our job is not to define God’s compassion in miracles or specific blessings. Our job is to trust fully in the complete working of his compassion – to trust Jesus with the keys to our lives even when his vision for us appears to be radically different from our expectations of Him. The Woman with an Issue of Blood desperately wanted healing. But she desperately needed: Restoration. Acceptance. Affection. Belonging. And Jesus refused to let her leave until her heart got all it needed – even though it scared her nearly to death.

Unexpected Lesson: Sometimes God Refuses a Miracle! Did you notice that in all the fuss of Matthew 11:1–6? John the Baptist’s disciples asked Jesus if He was indeed the hoped-for Messiah. Jesus responded with miraculous, incontrovertible evidence: Miracles abound, dripping freely from Christ almost like sweat on a workman’s brow! And yet there is no miracle for John. No miraculous prison break. No relief. Nothing…but faith. A literal reminder that hardship will invade our world, that miracles may or may not come. But in every circumstance Jesus will always be Christ. That truth is enough to create faith to withstand anything.

Unexpected Lesson: It is no sin to feel sad. When her brother died, Martha fell weeping at Jesus’ feet. She actually blamed Him for the death! Yet, Jesus never scolded her for this. Instead, He reached into her grief with a promise of comfort. Why didn’t Jesus rebuke her for lack of faith? Tell her to stop blubbering and start living? I’d guess it’s because God’s not threatened by honest emotion; because it was no sin for Martha to feel sad at the loss of her brother – even when that sadness was multiplied by a perception that God had let her down.

Unexpected Lesson: Greatness is the DNA of Service. Jesus washed his disciples’ feet. There have been great men and women throughout history. There have been great deeds as well. But only One was able to take the ultimate insult of his time (washing feet!) and turn it into an image of everlasting greatness. Only Jesus could do that – embody greatness of service – because only Jesus is truly great. As for you and me, then, we must learn: One is not great because he serves; one serves because He is great.

Unexpected Lesson: The Cross means we are not safe. The enemies of God are not happy about the freedom Christ created for you. Like wicked slave masters, they want to see you returned to helplessness under the influence of sin. Spiritual and physical forces alike will seek to treat you like they treated Jesus, to mock you, to condemn you, to discourage and abuse you. This is simply the way of life, especially for a Christian. But you must also know that, because of the love that Jesus displayed on cross, you will never be helpless in the face of hardship. Not ever again.

Unexpected Lesson: Joy waits in wounded hands. You might think that upon seeing a deity returned to life, the devoted would be trembling in awe, or hushed to silence, or scared out of their wits – any number of sober, serious responses. But the disciples were overjoyed. Seeing Jesus alive again was both a miracle of resurrection and a happy family reunion. And why shouldn’t it be? Great joy is the fruit of great love, and Jesus’ return from the dead delivered them both. Amen

http://aimtoget.com/board/Others/10-Things-You-Really-Dont-Know-About-Christ.287.html

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 10 Things You Really Don’t Know About Christ by deepwater(f): 6:36am On Nov 06, 2016
Tell us more bro

1 Like

Re: 10 Things You Really Don’t Know About Christ by Edwinmason(m): 6:54am On Nov 06, 2016
CHRIST IS KING

15 Likes

Re: 10 Things You Really Don’t Know About Christ by Nobody: 7:05am On Nov 06, 2016

I only know one thing about Christ

1. He doesn't exist

Religion is a scam

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 10 Things You Really Don’t Know About Christ by Olasco93: 7:07am On Nov 06, 2016
smiley
Re: 10 Things You Really Don’t Know About Christ by Petersamuel8(m): 7:08am On Nov 06, 2016
Good
Re: 10 Things You Really Don’t Know About Christ by Bestchisom(m): 7:12am On Nov 06, 2016
AfonjaStinks:

1. He doesn't exist

what is your prove dat He doesnt exist?

5 Likes

Re: 10 Things You Really Don’t Know About Christ by sekundosekundo: 7:12am On Nov 06, 2016
TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY. My life is filled with TESTIMONIES, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME.

27 Likes

Re: 10 Things You Really Don’t Know About Christ by Richirich713: 7:13am On Nov 06, 2016
Christ is the greatest

3 Likes

Re: 10 Things You Really Don’t Know About Christ by Eshiettk(m): 7:14am On Nov 06, 2016
Why do you think he doesn't exist?
AfonjaStinks:

1. He doesn't exist
Re: 10 Things You Really Don’t Know About Christ by Dcaliphate(m): 7:14am On Nov 06, 2016
AfonjaStinks:

1. He doesn't exist
Only a fool says there's no God

29 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 10 Things You Really Don’t Know About Christ by Jh0wsef(m): 7:16am On Nov 06, 2016
AfonjaStinks:
1. He doesn't exist

13 Likes

Re: 10 Things You Really Don’t Know About Christ by Papiikush: 7:18am On Nov 06, 2016
AfonjaStinks:

1. He doesn't exist

Is there any dumber comment that you can expect from a tribalistic bigot? grin

Nairaland atheist are still be biggest dummies so far you know why? It's simple they can't just stop showing how frustrated they are on Christian threads like this!

Why don't they say stuffs like this on a Muslim thread? It's simple, they are cowards who feast on those who don't want troubles grin

29 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 10 Things You Really Don’t Know About Christ by lyterydim(m): 7:21am On Nov 06, 2016
Waiting for atheist to flowed this topic..
Satanist are better than atheist atlist they belief in dark and light but atheist belief in Notting

2 Likes

Re: 10 Things You Really Don’t Know About Christ by Nobody: 7:23am On Nov 06, 2016
Bestchisom:

What's your proof that he exists ??

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Things You Really Don’t Know About Christ by McIroncock: 7:24am On Nov 06, 2016
Reminds me of hopefullandlurd's post few days back
hopefullandlurd:

Jesus was a handsome half unclad carpenter who was a bastard son of an acclaimed virgin who was crucified on the cross like a traitor, beaten and tortured while deluding himself into thinking he is the son of god only to get to the cross and realizing his folly cried out "my god my god why have thou forsaken me" and even begging his imaginary father to make the cup pass away from him

that pathetic carpenter said he's a lion but was in fact weaker than a sheep

he said he'll tear down their temple and rebuild it in three days, when he was told to do what he said he quickly backtracked and said he's talking about his own body

he went around with 12 men, making noise upandan; even fighting his fellow gamblers in the temple when they didn't give him his winnings

those people no be like Nigerians, dem beat nonsense commot for him body, hang am for cross and him "disciples" quickly stole his body and claim he rose on the third day and flew to heaven, even him mama no see am

deluded group of people that call themselves Christians worship him and pray to him thinking that man killed by three nails died for their sins and is their personal saviour while the Jews who saw him die didn't believe that

its like the English praying to Murtala Mohammed, saying he died for their sins while the Nigerians who saw him die think the English are deluded

atheism kills every god idea

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Things You Really Don’t Know About Christ by lyterydim(m): 7:27am On Nov 06, 2016
Eshiettk:
Why do you think he doesn't exist?
because he actually thinks his an intelligent ape

1 Like

Re: 10 Things You Really Don’t Know About Christ by lyterydim(m): 7:28am On Nov 06, 2016
Dcaliphate:

Only a fool says there's no God
of have sighted one of the sons of ape homo sapiens
Re: 10 Things You Really Don’t Know About Christ by EternalBeing: 7:29am On Nov 06, 2016
John 3:19 "This is the verdict: Light has come into the world" True Love is Holiness
I'm shedding tears of Joy cry cry cry LORD JESUS, you are indeed the Savoir of the world. Before Jesus came, men lived like animals thinking there's is no hope of conquering death and living forever.
I watched true life story movies like Troy, Hercules, SPARTACUS: BLOOD AND SAND, Agora, Cleopatra, Caligular, etc.. and had a small insight into the wanton killings, lovelessness, satanic immorality, cannibalistic and animistic transformation that was fast to make the world to self-destruct just before the timely intervention of the Birth of JESUS Christ that showed them the Truth. Men lived like animals those days because they thought we die and end like animals; no afterlife, no judgement, no Power in being Holy. That was what they thought. If the exemplary Jesus was not born, the sane world as we know it today would not exist. Indeed, HE already saved the world by showing that death is not the end of Man; and that sane holiness is true Love; very possible.

Can you imagine what the world would have become had it being JESUS was not born?!

https://davidschrock.com/2011/12/12/darkness-the-world-in-which-christ-was-born/
http://biblehub.com/library/killen/the_ancient_church/chapter_i_the_roman_empire.htm

"Nor is it strange that the Roman Empire at this period exhibited such a scene of moral pollution. There was nothing in either the philosophy or the religion of heathenism sufficient to counteract the influence of man's native depravity. In many instances the speculations of the pagan sages had a tendency, rather to weaken, than to sustain, the authority of conscience. After unsettling the foundations of the ancient superstition, the mind was left in doubt and bewilderment; for the votaries of what was called wisdom entertained widely different views even of its elementary principles. The Epicureans, who formed a large section of the intellectual aristocracy, denied the doctrine of Providence, and pronounced pleasure to be the ultimate end of man."

http://www.sacred-texts.com/eso/jlgi/jlgi03.htm
"CONDITION OF THE WORLD AT THE BIRTH OF JESUS
A solemn period of the world's destiny was approaching; the sky was overshadowed with darkness and filled with sinister omens.
In spite of the efforts of the initiates, polytheism, throughout Asia, Africa, and Europe, had terminated only in the downfall of civilization. The sublime cosmogony of Orpheus, so gloriously chanted by Homer, had not been attained, and the only explanation possible is that human nature found great difficulty in maintaining a certain intellectual altitude."
https://spreadingthewordwithoutsayingawordministry./2013/02/24/spiritual-wickedness-in-high-places/
http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Believer's%20Corner/Doctrines/demonology.htm
http://www.crossroad.to/charts/end-times.htm

6 Likes

Re: 10 Things You Really Don’t Know About Christ by jidxin(m): 7:34am On Nov 06, 2016
AfonjaStinks:

1. He doesn't exist

Religion is a scam
pls we are waiting for your reasons ooo.... at least he who assert must prove

1 Like

Re: 10 Things You Really Don’t Know About Christ by aylagos(m): 7:35am On Nov 06, 2016
All I know is jesus christ is the saviour of human and son of God he is Not Almighty God my creator and the creator of heaven and earth.
Re: 10 Things You Really Don’t Know About Christ by McIroncock: 7:36am On Nov 06, 2016
EternalBeing:
Can you imagine what the world would have become had it being JESUS was not born?!

https://davidschrock.com/2011/12/12/darkness-the-world-in-which-christ-was-born/

Joseph was just a gullible guy

Mary had intercouse with certain well hung guys outside while friend zoning Joseph and since condom hadn't been invented, she got pregnant for the "bad boys"

the girl (Mary) realising she's in trouble used some hypnotic powers for her friendzoned Joseph who is a hardworking carpenter and would take good care of her and her baby, this hypnotism caused Joseph to think that he met god and god told him to accept Mary's pregnancy and that Mary was a virgin

everybody swallowed hook line and sinker

and a religion was born

-Hopefullandlurde

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Things You Really Don’t Know About Christ by aylagos(m): 7:39am On Nov 06, 2016
Papiikush:

Nairaland atheist are still be biggest dummies so far you know why? It's simple they can't just stop showing how frustrated they are on Christian threads like this!

Why don't they say stuffs like this on a Muslim thread? It's simple, they are cowards who feast on those who don't want troubles grin
you can post comment on Muslim thread if you are not a Muslim and accept all their condition and faith before you post
Re: 10 Things You Really Don’t Know About Christ by Roon9(m): 7:42am On Nov 06, 2016
AfonjaStinks:

1. He doesn't exist

Religion is a scam

This girl/boy I see you on every thread making silly comments undecided

1 Like

Re: 10 Things You Really Don’t Know About Christ by McIroncock: 7:42am On Nov 06, 2016
lyterydim:
Waiting for atheist to flowed this topic..
Satanist are better than atheist atlist they belief in dark and light but atheist belief in Notting

both Satan, Lucifer, Devil and Yahweh, Jesus, Yashua are all imaginary creations of man

all gods are manmade, doesn't matter what name they bear

3 Likes

Re: 10 Things You Really Don’t Know About Christ by eezeribe(m): 7:45am On Nov 06, 2016
Boring Topics on Sunday mornings
Re: 10 Things You Really Don’t Know About Christ by McIroncock: 7:45am On Nov 06, 2016
Jesus died for my sins?

Na, he died for his mistakes and joblessness.
A 30 year old man who walked into weddings and turned water to wine.. If na you, you go drink?

A 30 year old man who walked around with 12 men, just making noise up and dan the village, even spoiling market one day?

Im village people tire for the matter, carry the guy man hang for cross, u say na my sins im die for? No kill me with laff abeg.

Take a look at a map. You're in a small country off the coast of West Africa. Try to locate Israel on that map and estimate the distance between you and Israel. Think about the number of cultures, governments, people, histories and stories that you'd journey through if you were to trek to Israel by foot. So someone who was killed in one small village there was dying for your sins? I pity you.

-SonOf....

3 Likes

Re: 10 Things You Really Don’t Know About Christ by Nobody: 7:46am On Nov 06, 2016
lyterydim:
because he actually thinks his an intelligent ape

Can u imagine?.... Look at what an ordinary human being is saying about Jesus.He has the ability to take your life at will.......Many people will cry on the judgement day.I pray you find salvation.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Things You Really Don’t Know About Christ by lemonys(m): 7:47am On Nov 06, 2016
AfonjaStinks:

1. He doesn't exist

Religion is a scam
may GOD have mercy on you
Re: 10 Things You Really Don’t Know About Christ by McIroncock: 7:50am On Nov 06, 2016
Bestchisom:

If one asks followers of one particular god why they do not believe in a different one, you will usually find that they argue much like atheists, citing the lack of evidence or reasons for belief. The difference is that they apply the rule only selectively, to rule out all other gods, except their own preferred one, although there is no empirical difference between them.

Abraham Lincoln

3 Likes

Re: 10 Things You Really Don’t Know About Christ by lemonys(m): 7:51am On Nov 06, 2016
Papiikush:

GOD will bless u.
Re: 10 Things You Really Don’t Know About Christ by Kruzilano(m): 7:51am On Nov 06, 2016
AfonjaStinks:

1. He doesn't exist

Religion is a scam
you guys saying he doesn't exist even with all the proof. will get acknowledge him at ur last hour, on sick bed, wen u are afraid to die, at that point u realize ur flesh is notin but dust. there is sometin more superior to u

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Is Your Take On Harvest And Bazaar? / How I Warned About Explosives Intercepted Enroute Nigeria – Apostle Suleiman / Why There Can't Be Evidence For God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.