Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,635 members, 7,820,225 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:48 AM

Suicide In Islam Temporally Or Permanantly In Hell? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Suicide In Islam Temporally Or Permanantly In Hell? (364 Views)

How To Tell A Dominant, Overbearing Or Rude Coworker To Shut The Hell Up At Work / Female Soldier Who Passed Through 'hell' To Become An Army Officer Shares Photos / God Is Good Motors Gave Me Hell: A Story By A Former Employee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Suicide In Islam Temporally Or Permanantly In Hell? by dantanik(m): 9:01am On Nov 06, 2016
Salam IslamicAnswers, First of all I want to say thank you for having this wonderful site where Muslims can post questions and seek answers. Looking at previous posts I’ve noticed that many people have benefited from this site and your work. I have a question for you regarding how Islam sees suicide. Before I begin, I would like to say that I am well aware that suicide is a forbidden act in Islam that will take a human to jahannam (hell). I am not asking whether it is permissible or not because every Muslim knows it is forbidden… so please don’t see me as wasting time asking silly questions. It’s just that, I have read a hadith that says that Allah will bring out of jahannam any individual who has even an atom’s worth of imaan in him/ her. This hadith seems to contradict what I read on your Suicide in Islam page (http:// www.zawaj.com/ askbilqis/suicide-in- islam), where it says “My servant has precipitated My will with regard to himself! Therefore, I am forbidding him entry into heaven.”…which seems to imply that an individual who commits suicide will eternally, forever dwell in jahannam. So my main question to you is this: Will an individual who commits suicide dwell eternally in jahannam (like the kuffar, mushrikeen, and munafiqeen), or will they be allowed out of jahannam one day (if they have imaan in their heart before taking their life). From what I understand of Islam, any individual who says that there is no one worthy of worship but Allah alone will not enter jahannam forever….and I don’t see suicide as contradicting this. If someone says la ilaha illa allah and commits suicide, will they be in jahannam temporarily or permanantly? Thank you for your time.

(1) (Reply)

Prevent Race Syndrome / Leadership and Development Training With Zero Payment / Build Your E-commerce Websites Where You Can Sell Your Car And Other Product

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.