Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,445 members, 7,812,337 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:57 AM

Problem With Toyota Camry 1999 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Problem With Toyota Camry 1999 (1164 Views)

Is There Any Problem With Toyota Avalon / Can I Replace Honda City Engine With Toyota Engine / Common Gearbox ECU Problem With Toyota Rav 4 2000- 2006 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Problem With Toyota Camry 1999 by winzy(m): 11:06am On Nov 06, 2016
Good morning, people.
I have this 1999 Toyota camry i4, I went yesterday to change the tires, after changing it, I started three car to zoom off and it refused to move into reverse or drive or any gear at all. It's an automatic gear btw.

I have enough transmission fluid, soo it's not the issue.

Please help me and give me suggestions as I need this car by tomorrow.

Cc: gazzuzz
And my other ogas
Re: Problem With Toyota Camry 1999 by mayor2013: 12:15pm On Nov 06, 2016
winzy:
Good morning, people.
I have this 1999 Toyota camry i4, I went yesterday to change the tires, after changing it, I started three car to zoom off and it refused to move into reverse or drive or any gear at all. It's an automatic gear btw.

And my other ogas

Ask your mechanic to check your gear selector cable
Re: Problem With Toyota Camry 1999 by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:15pm On Nov 06, 2016
winzy:
Good morning, people.

And my other ogas

The only relationship between the tyre change and the transmission failure, is placing the jack or stand in the wrong place. If the stand or jack was placed on the oil pan of the gearbox, it could cause this type of issue.

Wrong rims. If you replaced the rims with the wrong type, they could touch the Calliper and cause wheel to freeze.

Check any of these conditions, I might be wrong

Re: Problem With Toyota Camry 1999 by winzy(m): 9:50pm On Nov 06, 2016
mayor2013:
Ask your mechanic to check your gear selector cable
That's was exactly what the vulcanizer told me
Re: Problem With Toyota Camry 1999 by winzy(m): 9:51pm On Nov 06, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

The only relationship between the tyre change and the transmission failure, is placing the jack or stand in the wrong place. If the stand or jack was placed on the oil pan of the gearbox, it could cause this type of issue.

Wrong rims. If you replaced the rims with the wrong type, they could touch the Calliper and cause wheel to freeze.

Check any of these conditions, I might be wrong

I wasn't saying there was a correlation with the tires been changed and the gear ish, sire

Please like how much is the gear cable or is there any other way around this? Thank you
Re: Problem With Toyota Camry 1999 by Greene66: 11:30pm On Nov 07, 2016
Check the brain box
Re: Problem With Toyota Camry 1999 by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:59am On Nov 08, 2016
Greene66:
Check the brain box

do not check the brainbox, it is a 98 camry, it should move back at least, without any ECU involvement.

(1) (Reply)

'99 QX4 Issues. / For Sell C240 2003 / Mixing Naphtha With Petrol In Filling Stations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.