Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,195 members, 7,818,647 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:43 PM

Is There Any Problem With Toyota Avalon - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is There Any Problem With Toyota Avalon (6928 Views)

This Armoured Mercedes G-Class Will Navigate A War Zone Without Any Problem / 2007 Toyota Avalon or 2007 Toyota Corolla: Which Should I Buy? / Can I Replace Honda City Engine With Toyota Engine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There Any Problem With Toyota Avalon by nathdim: 8:42am On Apr 23, 2020
I notice the outrageous cheap price of the avalon2000-2008 model on auto section but been a toyota kinda of puts me in confusion
Because nothing good comes cheap
Re: Is There Any Problem With Toyota Avalon by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:57am On Apr 23, 2020
nathdim:
I notice the outrageous cheap price of the avalon2000-2008 model on auto section but been a toyota kinda of puts me in confusion
Because nothing good comes cheap

That generation started in 2005. It's a good buy, no major issues.
Re: Is There Any Problem With Toyota Avalon by princeogbeide1(m): 9:56am On Apr 23, 2020
No major issues with Avalon 2000 to 2008... its luxury brand lexus GS 2000-2008 sold because it was rebuilt with better body style..
Avalon handling is excellen.. it's more luxurious than lexus ES.

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Problem With Toyota Avalon by nathdim: 10:04am On Apr 23, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

That generation started in 2005. It's a good buy, no major issues.
you meant 05 and below has issues
Re: Is There Any Problem With Toyota Avalon by HeavenlyBang(m): 10:05am On Apr 23, 2020
princeogbeide1:
No major issues with Avalon 2000 to 2008... its luxury brand lexus GS 2000-2008 sold because it was rebuilt with better body style..
Avalon handling feels like a German car.. it's more luxurious than lexus ES.

The Lexus GS and Toyota Avalon have no relationship. I wonder where una dey get una information from.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There Any Problem With Toyota Avalon by weyreypey: 1:18pm On Apr 23, 2020
princeogbeide1:
Avalon handling feels like a German car.. it's more luxurious than lexus ES.

Nonsense Avalon doesn't feel in anyway like the German marquees.

GS = Toyota Crown / Crown Majesta in Japan.
Same chassis, engines and trans but different styling both inside and out.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There Any Problem With Toyota Avalon by princeogbeide1(m): 7:55am On Apr 24, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

The Lexus GS and Toyota Avalon have no relationship. I wonder where una dey get una information from.

Please be sure of your information before you say things that are dumb.

Camry and Avalon are advanced in ES
Toyota Aristo 1993 and Cressida(now Avalon) are advanced in GS
Toyota crown/"Circle F" project brought lexus LS

Instead of using your brain carelessly, go and read about it. Sometimes your thinking fails.

2 Likes

Re: Is There Any Problem With Toyota Avalon by princeogbeide1(m): 7:57am On Apr 24, 2020
weyreypey:

Nonsense Avalon doesn't feel in anyway like the German marquees.

GS = Toyota Crown / Crown Majesta in Japan.
Same chassis, engines and trans but different styling both inside and out.

Have you driven 2004 Avalon? I think you are talking with sick imaginations.
Go check out Toyota Aristo and check the relationship between aristo and Cressida

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There Any Problem With Toyota Avalon by weyreypey: 8:25am On Apr 24, 2020
princeogbeide1:

Go check out Toyota Aristo and check the relationship between aristo and Cressida

Be civil or I'll ignore you. Again I say no Toyota Avalon drives like a German.

5 Likes

Re: Is There Any Problem With Toyota Avalon by HeavenlyBang(m): 9:14am On Apr 24, 2020
princeogbeide1:

Instead of using your brain carelessly, go and read about it. Sometimes your thinking fails.

Bros, quiet abeg. They don't use the same platform at all. The GS shares a platform with the IS and LS. The Avalon shares the K Platform with the Camry and ES. I don't even think the Avalon shares a single part with the GS. Not engine, not transmission, not suspension, nothing.

I wonder who among us is the truly dumb one. Nah, no need to wonder; it's obviously you.

11 Likes

Re: Is There Any Problem With Toyota Avalon by HeavenlyBang(m): 9:14am On Apr 24, 2020
princeogbeide1:

Imagine thinking a FWD car drives like RWD cars. Clown. You're embarrassing yourself here.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There Any Problem With Toyota Avalon by king406(m): 9:21am On Apr 24, 2020
You can tell when someone hasnt driven a german car grin

6 Likes

Re: Is There Any Problem With Toyota Avalon by HeavenlyBang(m): 9:22am On Apr 24, 2020
king406:
You can tell when someone hasnt driven a german car grin

Avalon wey dey drive like boat so. grin
Also thing it has going for it is that 2GR.

5 Likes

Re: Is There Any Problem With Toyota Avalon by princeogbeide1(m): 9:34am On Apr 24, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Imagine thinking a FWD car drives like RWD cars. Clown. You're embarrassing yourself here.

I wonder why you qoute me to argue blindly.. Volkswagen is German and 70% of their cars are front wheel drive.
Avalon 2004 is very rugged and the handing is really nice just like a German front wheel drive train. You should understand when someone trys to explain quality. You don't just jump into ITK talks. Use your brain

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is There Any Problem With Toyota Avalon by HeavenlyBang(m): 9:41am On Apr 24, 2020
princeogbeide1:

I wonder why you qoute me to argue blindly.. Volkswagen is German and 70% of their cars are front wheel drive.
Avalon 2004 is very rugged and the handing is really nice just like a German front wheel drive train. You should understand when someone trys to explain quality. You don't just jump into ITK talks. Use your brain

Ah, yes, Volkswagen. Literally the German (unreliable) Toyota. When we talk German, we talk Porsche, Mercedes Benz, and BMW, all of which deal in RWD cars. And no, an Avalon doesn't drive anything like any of those cars. You sound silly af making that claim, tbh.

Also, I won't be replying you after this. I tend not to favor arguments with ignoramuses.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There Any Problem With Toyota Avalon by weyreypey: 9:44am On Apr 24, 2020
princeogbeide1:

Hehehe Avalon doesn't drive like Audi VW.

2 Likes

Re: Is There Any Problem With Toyota Avalon by princeogbeide1(m): 9:46am On Apr 24, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Bros, quiet abeg. They don't use the same platform at all. The GS shares a platform with the IS and LS. The Avalon shares the K Platform with the Camry and ES. I don't even think the Avalon shares a single part with the GS. Not engine, not transmission, not suspension, nothing.

I wonder who among us is the truly dumb one. Nah, no need to wonder; it's obviously you.

Shears transmission? Like you are the auto maker.

Toyota motor company builds a different gearbox for all Lexus brands. No Lexus shears transmission with any Toyota brand. Only improved engine are sheared among toyota and Lexus.

2008 avalon engine is 3.5 litre, so does GS 2008 is 3.5litre and some GS uses higher version 4.3 V8 engine. 2004 Avalon is 3.0 liters same as GS 300 2006... except the I6 GS 300 2000-2004 model which was GS first generation like the Toyota Aristo.

I hope you are learning from this. Please be open minded when you are learning and don't call yourself a Car Guru when you are not.

2 Likes

Re: Is There Any Problem With Toyota Avalon by KINGreignn: 9:47am On Apr 24, 2020
grin

Una never taya?

6 Likes

Re: Is There Any Problem With Toyota Avalon by weyreypey: 9:49am On Apr 24, 2020
princeogbeide1:

Toyota motor company builds a different gearbox for all Lexus brands. No Lexus shears transmission with any Toyota brand. Only improved engine are sheared among toyota and Lexus.

2008 avalon engine is 3.5 litre, so does GS 2008 is 3.5litre and some GS uses lower version 4.3 LS V8 engine. 2004 Avalon is 3.0 liters same as GS 300 2006... except the I6 GS 300 2000-2004 model which was GS first generation like the Toyota Aristo.

I hope you are learning from this. Please be open minded when you are learning and don't call yourself a Car Guru when you are not.

It's spelt shared not sheared!

3 Likes

Re: Is There Any Problem With Toyota Avalon by HeavenlyBang(m): 9:50am On Apr 24, 2020
princeogbeide1:

2008 avalon engine is 3.5 litre, so does GS 2008 is 3.5litre. 2004 Avalon is 3.0 liters sane as GS 300 2006... except the I6 GS 300 2000-2004 model which was GS first generation like the Toyota Aristo.

I hope you are learning from this. Please be open minded when you are learning and don't call yourself a car Guru when you are not.

I said I wouldn't reply you but this was funny af. So both cars use the same engine because it's the same displacement? grin

Avalon 3.0 L V6 is the 1MZ
GS300 3.0L V6 is the 3GR-FSE

Avalon 3.5L V6 is the 2GR-FE
GS350 3.5L V6 is the 2GR-FSE

Again, thanks for proving that you have no idea what you're talking about.

I wonder how someone could possibly say a FWD Avalon and RWD GS are the same. Boggles the mind.

13 Likes

Re: Is There Any Problem With Toyota Avalon by princeogbeide1(m): 9:55am On Apr 24, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Ah, yes, Volkswagen. Literally the German (unreliable) Toyota. When we talk German, we talk Porsche, Mercedes Benz, and BMW, all of which deal in RWD cars. And no, an Avalon doesn't drive anything like any of those cars. You sound silly af making that claim, tbh.

Also, I won't be replying you after this. I tend not to favor arguments with ignoramuses.

You are far from understanding and inconclusive... you use a little part of your brain to understand basic things. Avalon 04 is a unique Toyota brand. It's ugged and drives like a German motor. I know you have learnt from this. I guess you will quote and mail a letter of apology to me when you come across someone who tells you the same about Avalon 04.
Re: Is There Any Problem With Toyota Avalon by HeavenlyBang(m): 10:01am On Apr 24, 2020

2 Likes

Re: Is There Any Problem With Toyota Avalon by princeogbeide1(m): 10:03am On Apr 24, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

I said I wouldn't reply you but this was funny af. So both cars use the same engine because it's the same displacement? grin

I wonder how someone could possibly say a FWD Avalon and RWD GS are the same. Boggles the mind.

Now you have finally agreed that Lexus is the luxury brand of Toyota. You did well by yielding to my advice to use internet and read wide. So this is why Lexus GS is more preferred to Toyota avalon in terms of overall performance.

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Problem With Toyota Avalon by Fentanyl: 10:11am On Apr 24, 2020
princeogbeide1:

Now you have finally agreed that Lexus is the luxury brand of Toyota. You did well by yielding to my advice to use internet and read wide. So this is why Lexus GS is more preferred to Toyota avalon in terms of overall performance.

bros, no offence, but I have a question

are you in any way related to legalwealth?

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There Any Problem With Toyota Avalon by adeeva06(f): 6:22pm On Apr 24, 2020
Do you know what you are saying?

This is nonsense!

princeogbeide1:

2008 avalon engine is 3.5 litre, so does GS 2008 is 3.5litre and some GS uses lower version 4.3 LS V8 engine. 2004 Avalon is 3.0 liters same as GS 300 2006... except the I6 GS 300 2000-2004 model which was GS first generation like the Toyota Aristo.

4 Likes

Re: Is There Any Problem With Toyota Avalon by princeogbeide1(m): 7:37pm On Apr 24, 2020
[quote author=adeeva06 post=88811466]Do you know what you are saying?

Lol...

You are free to talk so stop being dull.
Re: Is There Any Problem With Toyota Avalon by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:41pm On Apr 24, 2020
princeogbeide1:
Over the years there have been a controversy about the issue if sucking of breast size! Most women believe on the fact that when their spouse is always fund of sucking their breast, it fosters the lagging of the breast and it's size as well. This issue has really gotten into the modern day dating" most girls also have this belief unlike guys who thinks the idea is wrong. It is mutual that breast attracts the attention of boys #sure# and we assume that the size a girls breast could be smaller or bigger as a result of her nature and hereditary. We also know that rough handling of the breast could be a cause of breast increment of which we always try to avoid.

No critics# other contributions are welcomed!!! add your experiences

grin

5 Likes

Re: Is There Any Problem With Toyota Avalon by 9icetoo(m): 8:00pm On Apr 24, 2020
Fentanyl:

bros, no offence, but I have a question

are you in any way related to legalwealth?
grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Is There Any Problem With Toyota Avalon by 9icetoo(m): 8:01pm On Apr 24, 2020
princeogbeide1:

4 Likes

Re: Is There Any Problem With Toyota Avalon by sultaan(m): 9:37pm On Apr 24, 2020
Apparently Toyota get s people's emotions roused up, they can't even understand each other when they are repeat each other's words.
Camry
Avalon
Lexus GS.

It all narrows down to the fact that Toyota is for budget conscious people and Lexus is for Luxury minded people.

So a Toyota with a V6 will appeal less to a Nigerian Toyota buyer a V6 is normal to a Lexus buyer.

Our people will shy away from a V6 Toyota as they shy away from a V8 Lexus.

I hope this clears thing up a little without offending any other poster here.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There Any Problem With Toyota Avalon by legalwealth(m): 9:51pm On Apr 24, 2020
princeogbeide1:

Exactly! !!

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Problem With Toyota Avalon by Themandalorian: 11:44pm On Apr 24, 2020
princeogbeide1:

Wait what is this? grin grin. The craziest thing is that you are still claiming to be right. Please read the post below very slowly and carefully.

HeavenlyBang:

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Automatic Or Manual Transmission- Which Is More Practical? / Error Codes From Nissan Murano / Toyota Corolla 2007 Vs Honda Civic 2007

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.