Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,640 members, 7,813,128 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:30 AM

Commercial Bus Transport Business In Lagos, PLEASE HELP! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Commercial Bus Transport Business In Lagos, PLEASE HELP! (6054 Views)

Need Help About Commercial Bus Transport Business In Lagos, PLEASE HELP! / Gona Nigeria: Readdressing Bus Transport Payment System In Nigeria / Investing In Bus Transport Business Please I Need Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Commercial Bus Transport Business In Lagos, PLEASE HELP! by Fetnet: 12:18pm On Nov 06, 2016
Good day people, me and my wife decided to move back to Nigeria next year ending or so and we are looking to invest in some lucrative businesses in lagos, I'm a Nigerian my wife isn't we are actually looking into three businesses to invest in and one of them is commercial transport business. We are about to purchase about 10-15 Vw transporter vans, is there still a good driver in lagos, is it possible for me to have a loading garage of my own? (of course I will do that necessary thing with the government and other bodies dealing with commercial transportation in lagos) please give me an insight
Re: Commercial Bus Transport Business In Lagos, PLEASE HELP! by mrsage(m): 6:27am On Nov 07, 2016
Commercial transport with the danfo buses. Very lucrative business but the human factor is a major challenge.

Good drives are almost non existent.

The guys on the streets are a big headache.(Agberos)

The guys in uniform even worse (Lastma, Police, Vio etc).

Though the business is lucrative these 3 factors above are likely to ruin the business unless you know how to handle them.

How can you handle them? Are you one of them?
Can you engage in physical combat? If you have the spirit then go ahead.
If not just forget it.

Now transport is a big industry and there are other viable options.

If you are the educated and polished type of individual why not consider:

Car Hire /cab service
Bus Hire Service. Coaster and Hiace buses

These options are equally viable with huge demand. Also it's easier to manage the process and you can monitor the business.

The demand for Coaster buses alone is huge. People charter buses daily for various events and so on.

Wish you luck

4 Likes

Re: Commercial Bus Transport Business In Lagos, PLEASE HELP! by FreeWorld23: 6:43am On Nov 07, 2016
Fetnet:
Good day people, me and my wife decided to move back to Nigeria next year ending or so and we are looking to invest in some lucrative businesses in lagos, I'm a Nigerian my wife isn't we are actually looking into three businesses to invest in and one of them is commercial transport business. We are about to purchase about 10-15 Vw transporter vans, is there still a good driver in lagos, is it possible for me to have a loading garage of my own? (of course I will do that necessary thing with the government and other bodies dealing with commercial transportation in lagos) please give me an insight
fastest way to enter debt. Jus look for another business.

I had it in mind to Start too but I was discouraged by someone who is a guru in the business. If you can't drive the bus yourself, just forget it.

My friend in turkey bought 8 okada's, there is no one Left.

3 Likes

Re: Commercial Bus Transport Business In Lagos, PLEASE HELP! by KingofHearts(m): 1:30pm On Nov 07, 2016
[quote author=Fetnet post=50809694]Good day people, me and my wife decided to move back to Nigeria next year ending or so and we are looking to invest in some lucrative businesses in lagos, I'm a Nigerian my wife isn't we are ates looking into three businesses to invest in and one of them is transport. ort. We are about to purchase about 10-15 Vw transporter vans, is there still a good driver in lagos, is it possible for me to have a loading garage of my own? (of course I will do that necessary thing with the government and other bodies dealing with commercial transportation in lagos) please give me an insight [/quote
Call08023701151&lets discuss.dont let anybody discurage you.Lagos state is trying to work on new transportation to replace danfo and re-orientate the conductors/drivers as wellbas introduce graduates to the opportunity availsble..true that there are bad examples sorry my touch screen is going crazym
Re: Commercial Bus Transport Business In Lagos, PLEASE HELP! by harlee(m): 9:29pm On Feb 06, 2017
FreeWorld23:
fastest way to enter debt. Jus look for another business.

I had it in mind to Start too but I was discouraged by someone who is a guru in the business. If you can't drive the bus yourself, just forget it.

My friend in turkey bought 8 okada's, there is no one Left.
forget it there should be a way of handling the business,we can't say because of the bad side of the business we should forget about it.i have a Dream,i believe in this line of business.and I'll be fulfilled doing it

4 Likes

Re: Commercial Bus Transport Business In Lagos, PLEASE HELP! by oluomo2013: 4:51pm On Feb 11, 2017
pls from my little experience, I will advice you to try inter-state transport business but Toyota buses are better cos of maintenance. However, agriculture business may be an alternative. u can mail me onsoaringgbeny@yahoo.com.
Re: Commercial Bus Transport Business In Lagos, PLEASE HELP! by wazobian(m): 12:33pm On Jul 19, 2017
@Fetnet, from experience, Transportation business is quite challenging, but highly profitable. The only way you can succeed in this business is by attaching yourself to an existing successful transport operator or/alternatively, going solo (INTER-STATE TRANSPORTATION). As a RULE, you must monitor your business daily (money wise). Additionally, if you have the financial might, buy or lease at least a plot of land in a zone with high travel traffic.....comprehensive insurance is paramount and a few other steps must be followed to be successful....if you can take these steps, you will surely break even. There is really nothing to fear.......MOST IMPORTANTLY: Trust no one. Always TRIPLE CHECK and VET continuously. SHINE YOUR EYES WELL WELL....also, if you have to buy a Volkswagen vehicle, make sure the price is worth it ooooo! Maintenance is key to making money. Again, you will have to get your hands dirty @ work!

If you need more advise, feel free to send a mail to me (oreolu1@gmaildotcom)
Re: Commercial Bus Transport Business In Lagos, PLEASE HELP! by Okeytus(m): 10:40pm On Jul 19, 2017
commercial transport business is highly profitable if it is managed properly.The most disadvantage in this business is human factor but if this is well checked through selection of responsible and obedient drivers,it effects can be reduced.For convenient interstate Transport,toyota hiace buses are the best in Nigeria,from my own view.you can consult successful transport companies for more advice.
Re: Commercial Bus Transport Business In Lagos, PLEASE HELP! by raymondele86(m): 5:45pm On Mar 24, 2019
Okeytus:
commercial transport business is highly profitable if it is managed properly.The most disadvantage in this business is human factor but if this is well checked through selection of responsible and obedient drivers,it effects can be reduced.For convenient interstate Transport,toyota hiace buses are the best in Nigeria,from my own view.you can consult successful transport companies for more advice.
. Well said
Re: Commercial Bus Transport Business In Lagos, PLEASE HELP! by conquerour(m): 7:26pm On Mar 24, 2019
Lucrative and profitable business but 99% of drivers are crazy. That is what I am into for about 7years now but mine is inter- state. You can reach me on 07062707991 to give you clue.

(1) (Reply)

The Best Bank In Nigeria! / Nigeria Loses N417 Billion To Oil Production Disruption In One Month / I Want A Genuine Business I Can Start With 500k.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.