Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,426 members, 7,822,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

21 Overwhelming Images Showing The Effects Of Humans On Earth - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / 21 Overwhelming Images Showing The Effects Of Humans On Earth (41486 Views)

Africa’s Sahara ‘Most Dangerous Place On Earth’ 100 Million Years Ago (Photo) / First Humans Acted Like Vegan Monkeys, 3 Million Years Ago - Study / 'Ghost' Population Of Humans Discovered In Ancient Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 21 Overwhelming Images Showing The Effects Of Humans On Earth by akigbemaru: 9:11pm On Nov 07, 2016
Man made destruction.
Re: 21 Overwhelming Images Showing The Effects Of Humans On Earth by LorDBolton(m): 9:21pm On Nov 07, 2016
realsammie:

Some nairalanders eh, u go just tire. Just look at what you typed here. Someone took her time to educate you [/b]on how your activities are gradually destroying the planet and all you can do is to attack her just because she said she's not sure of an answer. If u want answer Google it na . na wa o.

[b]Now let me educate you
as an environmental scientist. That polar bear you see in that picture is not sick but starving because its ecosystem has been altered. The continuous rise of the world's temperature (mostly due to human activities which the op has rightly pointed out) has led to the melting of the ice caps and the polar bear can only thrive below 0°.

Also, the polar bear likes to feed on fish and other aquatics but the polar fish are also dying to rising of the sea water, melting of the ice above the water,oil spillage, over fishing, and rising temperature of the sea Waters. So tell me how that bear will not starve

Oga learn to read n comprehend + if she's smart she will take what I posted to the bank and learn from it.

You don't open ur mouth in public unless u have facts to give accurate answers to questions else u end up looking stupid!

The guy asked her simple Q & her reply was sooo amateur & naiive it threw up more questions than answers... who answers with "I DONT KNOW BUT I THINK"??

I lashed her cos I've noticed a trend in this NL people (prolly in a misguided quest for FP) just copy & paste things from the Internet, in my own way I've educated her.

+ u don't need to educate me on climate change i'm well aware and That bear could be hungry or just plain sick ITS NOT A CONCLUSIVE PIC I choose to believe it's sick you choose to believe it's just hunger #simple

I'm not disputing climate change.
Re: 21 Overwhelming Images Showing The Effects Of Humans On Earth by realsammie(m): 9:25pm On Nov 07, 2016
LorDBolton:

Oga learn to read n comprehend + if she's smart she will take what I posted to the bank and learn from it.

You don't open ur mouth in public unless u have facts to give accurate answers to questions else u end up looking stupid!

The guy asked her simple Q & her reply was sooo amateur & naiive it threw up more questions than answers... who answers with "I DONT KNOW BUT I THINK"??

I lashed her cos I've noticed a trend in this NL people (prolly in a misguided quest for FP) just copy & paste things from the Internet, in my own way I've educated her.

+ u don't need to educate me on climate change i'm well aware and That bear could be hungry or just plain sick ITS NOT A CONCLUSIVE PIC I choose to believe it's sick you choose to believe it's just hunger #simple

I'm not disputing climate change.

ok o!!!! peace
Re: 21 Overwhelming Images Showing The Effects Of Humans On Earth by lonelydora: 3:14am On Nov 08, 2016
PeachyP:
5) United Kingdom
Here you can see a coal power plant in the United Kingdom billowing plumes of greenhouse gases into the atmosphere.

I disagree with this. Those things are cooling towers, and the plumes are water vapours being taken out from the hot water returned to it from the process.
Re: 21 Overwhelming Images Showing The Effects Of Humans On Earth by metallisc(m): 6:02am On Nov 08, 2016
IamEntropy:

Yeah, i knew this thread was pure bullshiit when you posted this
Nothing like this exist in accra.

i don't agree with everything posted here as i am quite conversant with the topic but the ghana one is quite true... stop fretting grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 21 Overwhelming Images Showing The Effects Of Humans On Earth by metallisc(m): 6:11am On Nov 08, 2016
DerKaiser:
In the end, even after humans have gone extinct, this beautiful blue planet would regenerate in preparation for the next superior species of organisms.

That is what distinguishes this great planet Earth from other planets. It can create and sustain live under any circumstances.

The earth appears to be a partially sentient planet and can take care of herself. Do not cry for her.

Go and read about the Gaia concept of this great planet.

Re: 21 Overwhelming Images Showing The Effects Of Humans On Earth by metallisc(m): 6:16am On Nov 08, 2016
K9blunt:

For waste I think it's easy, we should take after Sweden known as the cleanest country in the world, convert our waste into power generating source.

For population, we should reduce the numbers of children we give birth to annually... Each couple should have one or two kids is more than enough.

Stop sandfilling and make use of available buildings and abandoned places.

For oil spillage well, I've heard one can use them as by products or something, science has surely figured out what to do but humans see greed like cancer is a business...

Preachers should stop preaching the God hogwash statements of 'go out and multiply'.

and she appears.... the dog has grown well... looking strong! good job!! grin grin

1 Like

Re: 21 Overwhelming Images Showing The Effects Of Humans On Earth by metallisc(m): 6:30am On Nov 08, 2016
realsammie:

Some nairalanders eh, u go just tire. Just look at what you typed here. Someone took her time to educate you on how your activities are gradually destroying the planet and all you can do is to attack her just because she said she's not sure of an answer. If u want answer Google it na . na wa o.

Now let me educate you as an environmental scientist. That polar bear you see in that picture is not sick but starving because its ecosystem has been altered. The continuous rise of the world's temperature (mostly due to human activities which the op has rightly pointed out) has led to the melting of the ice caps and the polar bear can only thrive below 0°.

Also, the polar bear likes to feed on fish and other aquatics but the polar fish are also dying to rising of the sea water, melting of the ice above the water,oil spillage, over fishing, and rising temperature of the sea Waters. So tell me how that bear will not starve

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deNbnxaJYOU
Re: 21 Overwhelming Images Showing The Effects Of Humans On Earth by K9blunt(f): 10:14am On Nov 08, 2016
metallisc:

and she appears.... the dog has grown well... looking strong! good job!! grin grin

Hahahahhaahhah, thanks dear!!!
Re: 21 Overwhelming Images Showing The Effects Of Humans On Earth by southernbelle(f): 1:24pm On Nov 08, 2016
Number 12 is especially touching.

2 Likes

Re: 21 Overwhelming Images Showing The Effects Of Humans On Earth by Tellemall: 8:30pm On Nov 08, 2016
PeachyP:
12) Starving In Antarctica
This image of an emaciated polar bear wandering on a thin patch of ice has shocked people worldwide. The situation for this species is only getting worse.

Are you sure that isn't a sick member of the species? Most emaciated animals have health challenges or damaged jaws etc from fights.
Re: 21 Overwhelming Images Showing The Effects Of Humans On Earth by Tellemall: 8:31pm On Nov 08, 2016
PeachyP:
12) Starving In Antarctica
This image of an emaciated polar bear wandering on a thin patch of ice has shocked people worldwide. The situation for this species is only getting worse.

Are you sure that isn't a sick member of the species? Most emaciated animals have health challenges or damaged jaws etc from fights.

There looks to be enough ice for it.
Re: 21 Overwhelming Images Showing The Effects Of Humans On Earth by DebbieSean(f): 5:55am On Nov 09, 2016
PeachyP:

Some actions have more effect on the earth than we realize.
Exactly. Funny enough we're the cause
Re: 21 Overwhelming Images Showing The Effects Of Humans On Earth by tunday4real(m): 1:46pm On Nov 09, 2016
Yes, Come 3PM TODAY NOV 9TH, we are declaring FULL DEMOCRACY in the world of Mobile Apps.

Do You Want To Be The First to Lay HAND On This Awesome Software?

GRAB YOUR SOFTWARE ...http://www.tunday.mobimaticconsultants.com/optin/

Get The Software Trial For 7 Days.

http:///2eEqKEP

www.tuyosnet.com.ng

Re: 21 Overwhelming Images Showing The Effects Of Humans On Earth by PeachyP(f): 7:40pm On Nov 09, 2016
DebbieSean:
Exactly. Funny enough we're the cause
I posted this 'cause I saw it as informative. I've heard about global warming and climate change but I didn't know it causes flooding. As well as seeing such large portions of land being deforested I've taken deforestation more serious. While I read it I didn't feel the need to be defensive about it being human's fault but I saw something that made me more aware of what happens to the planet we live in. It's funny how people's way of thinking is so diverse.

1 Like

Re: 21 Overwhelming Images Showing The Effects Of Humans On Earth by DebbieSean(f): 8:54pm On Nov 09, 2016
PeachyP:

I posted this 'cause I saw it as informative. I've heard about global warming and climate change but I didn't know it causes flooding. As well as seeing such large portions of land being deforested I've taken deforestation more serious. While I read it I didn't feel the need to be defensive about it being human's fault but I saw something that made me more aware of what happens to the planet we live in. It's funny how people's way of thinking is so diverse.
*smiles* Our thinking is diverse because we all view things from different perspectives.
And yea, global warming causes flooding. How? You remember the "Water cycle" process right? Through global warming (mainly caused by humans of course), water from rivers, lakes, seas and even stagnant water on the road evaporates too quickly thereby sending way too much vapour into the atmosphere which turns to rain.."acidic rain" sometimes. And since the water is too much, it falls as heavy rains causing flooding which causes erosion, destroys farmlands and then drought. You see now.

1 Like

Re: 21 Overwhelming Images Showing The Effects Of Humans On Earth by Nobody: 9:50am On Mar 23, 2023
Agent Smith on the Nature of Humans

I'd like to share a revelation that i've had
during my time here,

It came to me when i tried to classify your species.

I realized that you're not actually mammals,
every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment,
but you humans do not.

You move to an area and you multiply
and multiply until every natural resource is consumed.

And the only way you can survive is to spread to another area.

There is another organism on this planet
that follows the same pattern.

Do you know what it is?

A virus

Human beings are a disease,
a cancer of this planet, you are a plague;
and we,
are the cure.

Agent Smith
The Matrix
Re: 21 Overwhelming Images Showing The Effects Of Humans On Earth by Nobody: 9:51am On Mar 23, 2023

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bones Of Dinosaur Specie That Lived 115 Million Years Ago Found In England (Pix) / Little Girl Rescued From A Lion’s Mouth / Huge Python Killed After Invading Residential Building In Enugu. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.