Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,948 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:01 AM

Bones Of Dinosaur Specie That Lived 115 Million Years Ago Found In England (Pix) - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Bones Of Dinosaur Specie That Lived 115 Million Years Ago Found In England (Pix) (41475 Views)

Inside Unhatched Egg Of Dinosaur That Lived In Argentina 80 Million Yrs Ago (Pix / Giant Fish That Lived Around 380 Million Years Ago Found In Sahara Desert (Pix) / Rare Dinosaur That Roamed Antarctica 110 Million Yrs Ago Found In Australia (Pix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bones Of Dinosaur Specie That Lived 115 Million Years Ago Found In England (Pix) by Nobody: 7:51pm On Aug 15, 2020
www.nairaland.com/attachments/12138487_0_png0564d4ec4885448fc55b26b11c1ae743

Four bones found on the Isle of Wight belong to a new species of dinosaur from the same family as Tyrannosaurus rex.

Palaeontologists from the University of Southampton say the creature lived in the Cretaceous period 115 million years ago and is estimated to have been up to four metres long.

The dinosaur - which is a new species of theropod, the group that includes Tyrannosaurus rex and modern-day birds - has been named Vectaerovenator inopinatus.

The name refers to the large air spaces in some of the bones, one of the traits that helped the scientists identify its theropod origins.

These air sacs, also seen in modern birds, were extensions of the lungs which helped fuel an efficient breathing system while also making the skeleton lighter.

The bones, discovered on the foreshore at Shanklin last year, are from the neck, back and tail.

Robin Ward, a regular fossil hunter from Stratford-upon-Avon, was with his family visiting the Isle of Wight when they made their discovery.

He said: "The joy of finding the bones we discovered was absolutely fantastic. I thought they were special and so took them along when we visited Dinosaur Isle Museum.

"They immediately knew these were something rare and asked if we could donate them to the museum to be fully researched."

James Lockyer, from Spalding, Lincolnshire was also visiting the island when he found another of the bones. He said: "It looked different from marine reptile vertebrae I have come across in the past.

"I was searching a spot at Shanklin and had been told and read that I wouldn't find much there. "However, I always make sure I search the areas others do not, and on this occasion it paid off."

Scientific study has confirmed the fossils are very likely to be from the same individual dinosaur, with the exact location and timing of the finds adding to this belief.

Chris Barker, a PhD student at the university who led the study, said: "We were struck by just how hollow this animal was - it's riddled with air spaces.

"Parts of its skeleton must have been rather delicate.

"The record of theropod dinosaurs from the 'mid' Cretaceous period in Europe isn't that great, so it's been really exciting to be able to increase our understanding of the diversity of dinosaur species from this time.

"You don't usually find dinosaurs in the deposits at Shanklin as they were laid down in a marine habitat.

"You're much more likely to find fossil oysters or driftwood, so this is a rare find indeed."

Source: https://news.sky.com/story/bones-of-close-relative-of-tyrannosaurus-rex-discovered-on-isle-of-wight-12047501

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bones Of Dinosaur Specie That Lived 115 Million Years Ago Found In England (Pix) by DaddyRochie1642: 8:08pm On Aug 15, 2020
What should I do with this news sad sad

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bones Of Dinosaur Specie That Lived 115 Million Years Ago Found In England (Pix) by Notatribalist(m): 8:17pm On Aug 15, 2020
They have come again with their millions of years..Very soon una go tell us say this dinosaur senior God self.

124 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Bones Of Dinosaur Specie That Lived 115 Million Years Ago Found In England (Pix) by tobillionaire(m): 8:35pm On Aug 15, 2020
But Why have we not found dinosaurs bones in africa

19 Likes

Re: Bones Of Dinosaur Specie That Lived 115 Million Years Ago Found In England (Pix) by KingSatan: 10:08pm On Aug 15, 2020
Where else would you have found it if not in England?

All for tourism, since the recession is biting hard.

Wanted to go see my daughter in the UK and visa fee has been reviewed. From $130 to $170 and then €55. All appointments at TLS are Prime and costs over 40,000 Naira.

I had to return home with my application. I am too old for that London bridge bullshit.

The queen and her cronies should understand that this is Chwenty Chwenty (2020).

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bones Of Dinosaur Specie That Lived 115 Million Years Ago Found In England (Pix) by exynos(m): 1:09am On Aug 16, 2020
tobillionaire:
Buy Why have we not found dinosaurs bones in africa

Probably, provisions hasn't been made available for such an Herculean-tasked archaelogic exploration in Africa.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bones Of Dinosaur Specie That Lived 115 Million Years Ago Found In England (Pix) by thesicilian: 2:04am On Aug 16, 2020
All these people will just be sharing age in millions of years like Nigerian politicians sharing monthly allocations.

11 Likes

Re: Bones Of Dinosaur Specie That Lived 115 Million Years Ago Found In England (Pix) by Judybash93(m): 2:49am On Aug 16, 2020
tobillionaire:

Africa has a rich history of dinosaur fossils. You can check this wiki page out

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_African_dinosaurs#:~:text=Africa%20has%20a%20rich%20fossil,Heterodontosaurus%2C%20Abrictosaurus%2C%20and%20Lesothosaurus.

17 Likes

Re: Bones Of Dinosaur Specie That Lived 115 Million Years Ago Found In England (Pix) by Nobody: 5:39am On Aug 16, 2020
They are gonna invade this thread...

You know who?

The guys who often go: "my holy book says that the Earth is only 3 years old" smiley

*runs out of thread*

26 Likes

Re: Bones Of Dinosaur Specie That Lived 115 Million Years Ago Found In England (Pix) by timibare(m): 7:12am On Aug 16, 2020
Dey should go en rest....enuff of Dinosaur news joor....

2 Likes

Re: Bones Of Dinosaur Specie That Lived 115 Million Years Ago Found In England (Pix) by blingxx(m): 7:51am On Aug 16, 2020
tobillionaire:

they have ,infact dinosaurs roamed in africa before the ancient humans ...stop being ignorant

24 Likes

Re: Bones Of Dinosaur Specie That Lived 115 Million Years Ago Found In England (Pix) by blingxx(m): 7:52am On Aug 16, 2020
mansakhalifa:

You know who?

The guys who often go: "my holy book says that the Earth is only 3 years old" smiley

*runs out of thread*

awon "rapture" gang ..you sabi them well grin

18 Likes

Re: Bones Of Dinosaur Specie That Lived 115 Million Years Ago Found In England (Pix) by blingxx(m): 7:54am On Aug 16, 2020
thesicilian:
All these people will just be sharing age in millions of years like Nigerian politicians sharing monthly allocations.

yet their economic growth ,science and healthcare is lightyears ahead of us ....the joke is on you bruh

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bones Of Dinosaur Specie That Lived 115 Million Years Ago Found In England (Pix) by Vyzz: 8:39am On Aug 16, 2020
mansakhalifa:

You know who?

*runs out of thread*

As u do invade their thread too screaming there is no God...

Look bro... Is simple.

If u respect their thread the respect yours...

Meanwhile

7 Likes

Re: Bones Of Dinosaur Specie That Lived 115 Million Years Ago Found In England (Pix) by MJBOLT: 8:47am On Aug 16, 2020
your god was invented 2000 years ago

[s]
Notatribalist:
They have come again with their millions of years..Very soon una go tell us say this dinosaur senior God self.
[/s]

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bones Of Dinosaur Specie That Lived 115 Million Years Ago Found In England (Pix) by MJBOLT: 8:49am On Aug 16, 2020
how many times have the stupid christians on this forum respected the thread of anybody,even on islamic threads they are there threatening muslims with hell fire.

Vyzz:

As u do invade their thread too screaming there is no God...

Look bro... Is simple.

If u respect their thread the respect yours...

Meanwhile

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bones Of Dinosaur Specie That Lived 115 Million Years Ago Found In England (Pix) by hahn(m): 8:50am On Aug 16, 2020
tobillionaire:

Because Africans are not looking for it

5 Likes

Re: Bones Of Dinosaur Specie That Lived 115 Million Years Ago Found In England (Pix) by Vyzz: 8:58am On Aug 16, 2020
MJBOLT:
how many times have the stupid christians on this forum respected the thread of anybody,even on islamic threads they are there threatening muslims with hell fire.

There is no reason to call anyone "stupid" bro...

Back to discussion....

How would u verify that it wasn't the atheist that goes to the Muslims threads to drop the said rubbish.... I mean, the have been preaching against anything religion right!?....

Let's just respect each others view, religion, way of life etc

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bones Of Dinosaur Specie That Lived 115 Million Years Ago Found In England (Pix) by MJBOLT: 9:02am On Aug 16, 2020
atheists do not go around threatening anybody with hell fire.i will respect christians the day they keep their religion to themselves.

Vyzz:

There is no reason to call anyone "stupid" bro...

Back to discussion....

How would u verify that it wasn't the atheist that goes to the Muslims threads to drop the said rubbish.... I mean, the have been preaching against anything religion right!?....

30 Likes

Re: Bones Of Dinosaur Specie That Lived 115 Million Years Ago Found In England (Pix) by CAPSLOCKED: 9:10am On Aug 16, 2020
Vyzz:

WE WILL NEVER DO THAT.

NOT BECAUSE OUR FATHERS WERE DISRESPECTED WHEN THEY WERE INVADED AND FORCED INTO CHRISTIANITY AND ISLAM, BUT BECAUSE WE'VE SEEN HOW MANY PERSONAL VIEWS AND RELIGION DON'T DO US ANY GOOD COLLECTIVELY.

WHY IS IT THAT WHEN IT COMES TO RELIGION WE HAVE TO RESPECT YOUR DESIRES, BUT WE HAVE TO QUESTION EVERYTHING ELSE STARTING FROM MEDICINE TO SPORTS, BIOLOGY AND EVERYTHING WE KNOW?
IF IT'S REAL WHY DO YOU ALWAYS SEEK PROTECTION FOR YOUR GOD, OR IS "IT" TOO WEAK TO DEFEND "ITSELF"?

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Bones Of Dinosaur Specie That Lived 115 Million Years Ago Found In England (Pix) by Epositive(m): 9:29am On Aug 16, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

WE WILL NEVER DO THAT.

NOT BECAUSE OUR FATHERS WERE DISRESPECTED WHEN THEY WERE INVADED AND FORCED INTO CHRISTIANITY AND ISLAM, BUT BECAUSE WE'VE SEEN HOW MANY PERSONAL VIEWS AND RELIGION DON'T DO US ANY GOOD COLLECTIVELY.

WHY IS IT THAT WHEN IT COMES TO RELIGION WE HAVE TO RESPECT YOUR DESIRES, BUT WE HAVE TO QUESTION EVERYTHING ELSE STARTING FROM MEDICINE TO SPORTS, BIOLOGY AND EVERYTHING WE KNOW?
IF IT'S REAL WHY DO YOU ALWAYS SEEK PROTECTION FOR YOUR GOD, OR IS "IT" TOO WEAK TO DEFEND "ITSELF"?

cheesy

11 Likes

Re: Bones Of Dinosaur Specie That Lived 115 Million Years Ago Found In England (Pix) by Vyzz: 9:46am On Aug 16, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

WE WILL NEVER DO THAT.

Incase u didn't start from the beginning bro...

What started this discussion /argument was a guy complaining about Christians invading the thread...

Me, I was just telling him that if atheist had given Christians a little respect and stop invading any of their thread and cursing out their God loud... Probably Christians will also respect this thread.

Now, atheists kinda think Christians are their enemies, especially African atheist... I once followed an argument between a white man atheist and a Christian and the argument was senior... It needs an Oscar..

There was no cursing or any of those rubbish people do... But here Y'all believe u are woke, rubbing ya atheism at the face of all... and feel Christians are still dummies who needs to be woken...

So I am compelled to ask....

WHY IS IT SO?

9 Likes

Re: Bones Of Dinosaur Specie That Lived 115 Million Years Ago Found In England (Pix) by viceddy95(m): 9:54am On Aug 16, 2020
MJBOLT:

You,yourself is displaying stupidity for insulting people who didn't speak to you or related to this thread..

3 Likes

Re: Bones Of Dinosaur Specie That Lived 115 Million Years Ago Found In England (Pix) by viceddy95(m): 9:58am On Aug 16, 2020
mansakhalifa:

You know who?

*runs out of thread*

Some of you here just like ridiculing religion,how does this your comment relate to the topic..if you don't have anything to say ,is better you keep quiet than displaying your ignorance here...

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bones Of Dinosaur Specie That Lived 115 Million Years Ago Found In England (Pix) by sinkhole: 9:59am On Aug 16, 2020
tobillionaire:
cheesy this is the same question I came here to ask o angry
E bi like say we dey eat everything, plus including bones cheesy
Re: Bones Of Dinosaur Specie That Lived 115 Million Years Ago Found In England (Pix) by Nicepoker(m): 9:59am On Aug 16, 2020
DaddyRochie1642:
What should I do with this news sad sad
This is not romance section.

5 Likes

Re: Bones Of Dinosaur Specie That Lived 115 Million Years Ago Found In England (Pix) by viceddy95(m): 10:00am On Aug 16, 2020
blingxx:

awon "rapture" gang ..you sabi them well grin
I guess this your comment, have just made you a better person....

1 Like

Re: Bones Of Dinosaur Specie That Lived 115 Million Years Ago Found In England (Pix) by viceddy95(m): 10:02am On Aug 16, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

WE WILL NEVER DO THAT.

Nothing meaningful in what you wrote,,in christianity we don't seek protection for our God rather we seek protection from Him...

4 Likes

Re: Bones Of Dinosaur Specie That Lived 115 Million Years Ago Found In England (Pix) by sinkhole: 10:04am On Aug 16, 2020
blingxx:

they have ,infact dinosaurs roamed in africa before the ancient humans ...stop being ignorant
apart from Kenya, Ethiopia, I have not heard of dinosaur bones found in Nigeria, Ghana, Mali, Niger, Chad, in fact I do not know of any archaeology expedition being done in West Africa
Re: Bones Of Dinosaur Specie That Lived 115 Million Years Ago Found In England (Pix) by Eriokanmi: 10:17am On Aug 16, 2020
Dem don kum again ooh
Re: Bones Of Dinosaur Specie That Lived 115 Million Years Ago Found In England (Pix) by boman2014: 10:30am On Aug 16, 2020
irony

An early thread show how some scientist discovered an ancient manuscript describing how a fish swallowed Jonah and all Christians were there shouting halleluyah.

https://www.nairaland.com/6056512/archaeology-evidence-jonah-whale-found

But you still doupt the same scientist that discovered that dinosaur that live millions of years ago.

13 Likes

Re: Bones Of Dinosaur Specie That Lived 115 Million Years Ago Found In England (Pix) by blingxx(m): 10:39am On Aug 16, 2020
viceddy95:

I guess this your comment, have just made you a better person....

Na dem grin ... What other intelligent thing do you have to say bruh ?

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Little Girl Rescued From A Lion’s Mouth / Huge Python Killed After Invading Residential Building In Enugu. Photos / Mysterious Radio Waves From The Heart Of Milky Way Baffle Astronomers(Pix,vid)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.