Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,844 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:51 AM

The Banes Of Christ’s Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Banes Of Christ’s Church (380 Views)

My Unbiased Summary As A Former Member Of Celestial Church Of Christ... / See Facts About The Return Of Christ Maybe You Didn't Know / Police Storm Celestial Church Of Christ In New York As Members Fight (Pics, Vide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Banes Of Christ’s Church by HOLYSEE(m): 1:24am On Nov 07, 2016
Anytime I study the bible the more deceptive and off course I think Christians have gotten from the real agenda and lifestyle of Jesus Christ, the most bizarre thing is that we always come up with bias and pathetic argument to support our nefarious claims of truth. I will be highlighting some of the fallacies that have plagued Christ’s church. Please if you have a different opinion please give me biblical backing and don’t come with the argument that one scripture is more acceptable than the other or that we are no longer in the old testament era, remember all scriptures are inspired by the holy spirit even the ones not in the bible. If you can’t accept these terms, I will beg you not to continue further.
TITHING AND SEED SOWING: These two juxtaposed phenomena have, like a canker worm destroyed the sanity of the church and the true Christian perception. Yes, if you sow you should reap, if you give, you should receive especially from God but let’s not forget that he is a sovereign God and does, as he likes including not rewarding the most faithful tithe or seed. I am writing to dissuade you my reader from gullible sowing or tithing with what I term faithful greed, we have been deceived that if you sow an amount God must multiply it for us, when has God become a money doubler. Sometimes they scare us with Malachi 3, the context of that scriptures only warns us against neglecting our priest or pastors---I dare to ask how many of these men of God are hungry these days, they leave in affluence and instead of giving to the poor they still collect their little---I call that disgusting, what happens to the missionaries in the field don’t they need our tithes the more? If you want to know the truth about tithing read Deuteronomy 26 and Leviticus 27----research more in Deuteronomy. There is tithe for family, strangers and less privilege, the least on the list was the one to the Levite, and it’s done once in three years. Jesus came in the new testament and said it is finish and so was tithing, he only encouraged offering so did Paul and nowhere in the new testament was tithing commanded rather Jesus only commanded us to pay tax. Don’t perish for lack of knowledge it is by faith and not how well you give, God don’t need your tithe to bless you, he only require your loyalty through Faith. I am not saying you should not give but give without expecting anything from man or God, Give because it’s in your nature like your heavenly father when he gave his only begotten. Allow God to bless you on his own terms.
GARGANTUAN EDIFICES IN THE NAME OF CHURCHES: Anytime I walk into the new modern churches, I lose touch of the very essence of Christianity, which is communalism. In the whole of the bible there was only one edifice that was built for God, it was Solomon’s temple, and it was the most destroyed of any historical building because God is not interested in the building but the people. Jesus himself told the woman of Samaria this truth so I wonder why we are so interested in building churches rather than faith. The early Christian grouped themselves in communities so that they could know each other personally and fend for their physical cum spiritual need, that’s why Paul and other apostles wrote specifically to these community because they could readily identify their strength and weaknesses. I dare to ask pastors and priest how many of their church members they know by name and their peculiarity or as members of same church how many do you know aside your clique. We boast of thousands of church members yet not close to hundred are saved-----I call this trouble waiting to explode.
I would be ending here for now to avoid it becoming difficult to comprehend, I will be continuing next with the followings: WHY SUNDAY SABBATH INSTEAD OF SATURDAY SABBATH, BLACKMAILING GOD

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

It Is Better To Be Laughed At That You Are Still SINGLE.... / Jesus Is Our Saviour..give Ur Life To Him / Nassarawa PCM Enter Here And Avoid Duplication Of Group.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.