Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,421 members, 7,830,117 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:32 PM

"It Was Difficult To Get Roles Because Of My Complexion"-mercy Johnson-okojie - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / "It Was Difficult To Get Roles Because Of My Complexion"-mercy Johnson-okojie (705 Views)

Ella Mensah: I Bleached My Skin To Get Roles In Nigerian Movies / "I Dont Act Romantic Roles Because Of My Tribal Marks" - Sanyeri / Caroline Danjuma: I Get Movie Roles Because Of My Brains And Not Beauty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

"It Was Difficult To Get Roles Because Of My Complexion"-mercy Johnson-okojie by NollyGist: 9:06am On Nov 07, 2016
Curvy Nollywood actress, Mercy
Johnson speaks out on the unfair
treatment dark-skinned actresses
receive from producers in the movie
industry.
The 32-year-old mother of three,
who has become a top-packer in the
industry, stated that at some point as
she was working her way to the top,
she was rejected by some producers,
not because she was talentless but
because of her dark skin.
Several other actresses are going
through the same today as some
producers have an unfair preference
for the light-skinned ladies.
Check out her exact words below: http://sochimaezeoke.com/difficult-get-roles-complexion-mercy-johnson/

(1) (Reply)

Reasons Why You Should Not Try Anal S3x / Nigerian Actor, Deyemi Okanlawon Wins Big At 2016 Ghana Movie Award [PICS] / First Pictures From Sunny Ade @70 Concert | Dangote, Waje, Darey, Tiwa Savage...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.