Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,689 members, 7,820,400 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:16 PM

Caroline Danjuma: I Get Movie Roles Because Of My Brains And Not Beauty - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Caroline Danjuma: I Get Movie Roles Because Of My Brains And Not Beauty (26546 Views)

Nana Frema: Cosmetic Surgery Has Prevented Me From Getting Movie Roles / "Beauty, Brains And Power" - Tonto Dikeh Slays In Cleavage Baring Outfit / Caroline Danjuma To Davido: "Tagbo Died In Your Car Last Night & You Ran Away" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Caroline Danjuma: I Get Movie Roles Because Of My Brains And Not Beauty by EmagNig(m): 7:24am On Feb 18, 2018
Popular Nollywood actress , Caroline Danjuma, who ha been criticized by many to be popular because of her beauty has come out to debunk that. She say, she is being featured in movies because she i capable and not because of her physical appearance.

Danjuma, who returned to acting recently in a TV series, Royal Castles, reveals that she contributes more than a beautiful face to the movie industry.

She said:

“I am different from any other actress because I am Caroline and there can never be another Caroline. Nobody can interpret roles the way I do and I cannot interpret roles like my colleagues do too. Everyone has their own strength and weakness. I have so much to offer than my beauty. I have my brain; so, no one can push me aside.”

Danjuma stated that piracy and the inordinate percentage of earnings that goes to cinemas were some of the factors that had discouraged her from producing movies in recent times.

According to her:

“It is really tough for producers. I won a lot of awards for the two movies, In the Cupboard and Stalker, I produced three years ago, but I didn’t recoup the money I invested in them. Piracy makes producers struggle to get returns on investments. We also have very few cinemas in the country and the existing ones rip you off by taking 70 per cent of the profit of your creative work.

“Sometimes, it takes us five years to write a script and put a movie together. By the time you are done, someone else enjoys 75 per cent of it and you are left with literally nothing. All these have discouraged me from producing because I am not a ‘monkey that would work for a baboon to eat’. After my movie is pirated, the cinema will also take 70 per cent of what I have worked for? It doesn’t make sense.”

Before she takes up any movie roles, Caroline Danjuma said she considers these factors,

“I look at the location, characters and the pay I’m taking home. If I am going to give my all, I need you to give me your 100 per cent as well. I have bills to pay; I cannot do charity work.”

http://lailasnews.com/get-movie-roles-pf-brains-not-beauty-caroline-danjuma/

Re: Caroline Danjuma: I Get Movie Roles Because Of My Brains And Not Beauty by Nobody: 7:29am On Feb 18, 2018
Is she a different Caroline or the same Caroline I know nothing about??

27 Likes

Re: Caroline Danjuma: I Get Movie Roles Because Of My Brains And Not Beauty by Afam4eva(m): 4:15pm On Feb 18, 2018
Your brain na plasma TV?

1 Like

Re: Caroline Danjuma: I Get Movie Roles Because Of My Brains And Not Beauty by loadedvibes: 4:15pm On Feb 18, 2018
Shut up e
Re: Caroline Danjuma: I Get Movie Roles Because Of My Brains And Not Beauty by corperscorner: 4:15pm On Feb 18, 2018
smelling brain

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Caroline Danjuma: I Get Movie Roles Because Of My Brains And Not Beauty by MhizAJ(f): 4:15pm On Feb 18, 2018
Okay

But she doesn't strike me like someone who's intelligent

8 Likes

Re: Caroline Danjuma: I Get Movie Roles Because Of My Brains And Not Beauty by Adebaba1(m): 4:15pm On Feb 18, 2018
Like for caroline danjuma share for Juliet Ibrahim

15 Likes 30 Shares

Re: Caroline Danjuma: I Get Movie Roles Because Of My Brains And Not Beauty by MrPresident1: 4:15pm On Feb 18, 2018
Dey said that this woman did but***ks augmentation, Ishilove is it true? shocked

1 Like

Re: Caroline Danjuma: I Get Movie Roles Because Of My Brains And Not Beauty by Bari22: 4:15pm On Feb 18, 2018
Lie, If u want me believe this bullshit wash ur face with acid and see whether they will invite u again gringringrin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Caroline Danjuma: I Get Movie Roles Because Of My Brains And Not Beauty by cynhamscakes(f): 4:15pm On Feb 18, 2018
She is blessed with both so no need to doubt her capabilities in getting a movie role.

3 Likes

Re: Caroline Danjuma: I Get Movie Roles Because Of My Brains And Not Beauty by explorer250(m): 4:16pm On Feb 18, 2018
may ango abdulahi and buhari perish in the hands of Fulani herdsmen

1 Like

Re: Caroline Danjuma: I Get Movie Roles Because Of My Brains And Not Beauty by kollinpowel(m): 4:16pm On Feb 18, 2018
Oya swear to God say u no dey lie.
Re: Caroline Danjuma: I Get Movie Roles Because Of My Brains And Not Beauty by directonpc(m): 4:16pm On Feb 18, 2018
Tell us
Re: Caroline Danjuma: I Get Movie Roles Because Of My Brains And Not Beauty by afbstrategies: 4:16pm On Feb 18, 2018
If this makes her feel better about herself, good for her. I can't spend my time or life doubting people. Damn, we spend so much time and energy putting people down, even on Sundays cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Caroline Danjuma: I Get Movie Roles Because Of My Brains And Not Beauty by deriksneh(m): 4:16pm On Feb 18, 2018
wat of Carolina dat one na gold digger
Re: Caroline Danjuma: I Get Movie Roles Because Of My Brains And Not Beauty by Narldon: 4:16pm On Feb 18, 2018

Same Way She married Multi-Billionnaire, Musa Danjuma (her father's agemate), because of his "Brains" and not Money

19 Likes

Re: Caroline Danjuma: I Get Movie Roles Because Of My Brains And Not Beauty by coolfredo(m): 4:17pm On Feb 18, 2018
Is she de caroline Ekanem i used to watch back then ?

1 Like

Re: Caroline Danjuma: I Get Movie Roles Because Of My Brains And Not Beauty by okonja(m): 4:17pm On Feb 18, 2018
Indeed
Re: Caroline Danjuma: I Get Movie Roles Because Of My Brains And Not Beauty by Nobody: 4:17pm On Feb 18, 2018
Some people are natural disaster to their brain

Just look at what this woman is saying
Re: Caroline Danjuma: I Get Movie Roles Because Of My Brains And Not Beauty by Amirullaha(m): 4:17pm On Feb 18, 2018
Another one...
Re: Caroline Danjuma: I Get Movie Roles Because Of My Brains And Not Beauty by lordsharks(m): 4:18pm On Feb 18, 2018
Okay o
Re: Caroline Danjuma: I Get Movie Roles Because Of My Brains And Not Beauty by slimpoppa(m): 4:18pm On Feb 18, 2018
caroline save your drama.

2 Likes

Re: Caroline Danjuma: I Get Movie Roles Because Of My Brains And Not Beauty by Lashist(m): 4:18pm On Feb 18, 2018
What of Carolina...Dat 1 na gold digger
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Caroline Danjuma: I Get Movie Roles Because Of My Brains And Not Beauty by OboOlora(f): 4:19pm On Feb 18, 2018
What brain?

2 Likes

Re: Caroline Danjuma: I Get Movie Roles Because Of My Brains And Not Beauty by Germandude: 4:20pm On Feb 18, 2018
That ripping part by cinemas is true though
Re: Caroline Danjuma: I Get Movie Roles Because Of My Brains And Not Beauty by demsid(m): 4:20pm On Feb 18, 2018
Shukushaker aya shoemaker. Lie lie.

1 Like

Re: Caroline Danjuma: I Get Movie Roles Because Of My Brains And Not Beauty by emeijeh(m): 4:20pm On Feb 18, 2018
I guess all the directors have seen your brain, and not your beauty.

Abeg save your drama for the opera
Re: Caroline Danjuma: I Get Movie Roles Because Of My Brains And Not Beauty by Ishilove: 4:21pm On Feb 18, 2018
MrPresident1:
Dey said that this woman did but***ks augmentation, Ishilove is it true? shocked
Yes, very true
Re: Caroline Danjuma: I Get Movie Roles Because Of My Brains And Not Beauty by ibori1(m): 4:22pm On Feb 18, 2018
in wizy's voice
caro ur body neceeesssaaarrry....., necessary..

caro pls find e new story............new story

1 Like

Re: Caroline Danjuma: I Get Movie Roles Because Of My Brains And Not Beauty by Nobody: 4:22pm On Feb 18, 2018
Very true!

Falling in-love with her father`s age-mate was the height of her brilliancy.

1 Like

Re: Caroline Danjuma: I Get Movie Roles Because Of My Brains And Not Beauty by nellybadas: 4:23pm On Feb 18, 2018

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

RMD, Mo Abudu, Don Jazzy Share Pictures From Monaco Grand Prix / Omawumi Celebrates Her 38th Birthday Today / Photos: D'banj Looking Stylish As He Dines With BBA Housemates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.