Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,802 members, 7,820,807 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:11 PM

It's Time To Add Value To Nigeria's Youth -- Ben Bruce - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / It's Time To Add Value To Nigeria's Youth -- Ben Bruce (351 Views)

Ben Bruce Reacts To Busola Dakolo’s Rape Accusation Against Pastor Fatoyinbo / Ben Bruce With Burna Boy And His Mother At The BET Awards 2019 In US / Ben Bruce Reacts To Wizkid's MOBO 2017 Award & Beating Jay Z & Drake (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

It's Time To Add Value To Nigeria's Youth -- Ben Bruce by getallnews: 10:45am On Nov 07, 2016
Before I go into my piece proper, permit me to say a few words about a topical and pressing issue. President Muhammadu Buhari has just sought permission to borrow $29.6 billion. My immediate reaction to this is that it is very important that we as a nation and more particularly we as elders in this nation called Nigeria not make our youths bear burdens that will put them in perpetual bondage. I have never been against taken foreign loans, but I have stated and continue to state that such loans should be spent exclusively on developing Nigeria and not on salaries or schemes that do not add anything to our infrastructure.
That is why I question the president’s request to borrow $29.6 billion from foreign lenders. Yes, we are being told what the federal government plans to spend the money on, but how much of those expenditures affect the youths?
To read more >>>>>>>> http://getallnews.com/2016/11/07/its-time-to-add-value-to-nigerias-youths-ben-bruce/

Re: It's Time To Add Value To Nigeria's Youth -- Ben Bruce by orunto27: 11:58am On Nov 07, 2016
BMB you're right again. The Government you're talking to seems dumb, deaf and adamant. Femi Falana advised the Substitution of Abacha Loot for the Loan. Kemi Adeosun(MOF) advised her colleague in the CBN to give out soft loans to Youths and small scale entrepreneurs to develop the economy. Others, including OBJ advised the Government to do what MOF suggested and even quoted the development of Lybia by Gaddafi as example we can all see. Others also advised the CBN to take Treasury Bills at say 4 & a half percent and give to Youths and small scale businesses at about 5 percent. It seems that this Government doesn't know the Arts of Governance, doesn't know Democracy and doesn't know her Responsibilities for developing her Youths and the economy. It's like the F.G wants easy way to rope every one into his PLAN to pay N56000 per month minimum wage to the Nigerian Labor without a "Productivity Arrangement". What a Mess? What a Government?

(1) (Reply)

Vlog First Time in Nigeria / Super Banger / Artistes Offer Cash/free Performance For Awards – Brymo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.