Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,129 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:53 PM

Save Lagos Group Lauds Lagos Assembly Over Call Banning Demolition Of Slums - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Save Lagos Group Lauds Lagos Assembly Over Call Banning Demolition Of Slums (6922 Views)

Lagos Begins Demolition Of Buildings In Ojodu-Berger (Photos) / Man Electrocuted During Demolition Of Pen Cinema Lagos (Graphic Pics) / Save Lagos Groups Lambasts Ambode Over Demolition Of ‘slums’ [must Read] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Save Lagos Group Lauds Lagos Assembly Over Call Banning Demolition Of Slums by sweetsandy4luv(f): 2:47pm On Nov 07, 2016
A civil society organization, Save Lagos Group has lauded members of the Lagos State House of Assembly over their call on Governor Akinwunmi Ambode to halt further demolition of slums across riverine areas of the state.

In a statement issued by the Convener, Comrade Adeniyi A. Sulaiman and the Director, Media, Comrade Olaolu Oladipo and made available to NEWSFLASHNGR.COM, The Save Lagos Group urged the Assembly members to expand the resolution to cover other areas of the state.

Reacting to the call the duo specifically lauded the Speaker of the Assembly, Hon. Mudasiru Obasa, chairman of the ad hoc committee set up to look into the matters, Hon. Adefunmilayo Tejuosho and other members for taking the decision they consider as populist.

According to the Save Lagos Group, “We welcome the call, which is in line with the desire of our organization considering the prevailing economic reality in the country that prevents the vast majority of Nigerians from accessing decent shelter in their country.”

It added that the Assembly has lived up to its billing as the safeguard of the common man by taking the decision, saying it (the state House of Assembly) has rekindled the confidence of the people of the state that democracy has come to stay not only in the state but across the country.“Our group had in a statement recently called for caution on the part of the state government on the issue as we felt that it would not be in the best interest of the people who are supposed to be the primary responsibilities of those in government.”

While restating its believe that though, the state government owes it a duty to enforcement its laws relating to ensuring sanity in the town planning activities, the Save Lagos Group also used the opportunity to urge the state government to provide alternative arrangements for those to be affected by the planned mass demolition.
Continue reading here>>>http://www.newsflashngr.com/index.php/2016/11/07/save-lagos-group-lauds-lagos-assembly-call-banning-demolition-slums-state/

Re: Save Lagos Group Lauds Lagos Assembly Over Call Banning Demolition Of Slums by atirolu(m): 6:27am On Nov 08, 2016
First time ever to make ftc....

I dedicate this FTC to our fallen heroes Most especially Abu Ali....rest on
Is sad you lost ur life for our great nation fighting so we can be safe
You will never be forgotten.....

4 Likes

Re: Save Lagos Group Lauds Lagos Assembly Over Call Banning Demolition Of Slums by mitchyy(f): 6:28am On Nov 08, 2016
Hmmmm
Re: Save Lagos Group Lauds Lagos Assembly Over Call Banning Demolition Of Slums by remmyton(f): 6:31am On Nov 08, 2016
Ambode shouldn't demolish d slums until he has created a good housing scheme that will benefit d people living in those houses called slums

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Save Lagos Group Lauds Lagos Assembly Over Call Banning Demolition Of Slums by Luckymay(f): 6:32am On Nov 08, 2016
Imo, if you know you can't afford a decent shelter in lagos, then find your way to the village.
How can people be endangering their health and life by living in such conditions all in the name of living In the city?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Save Lagos Group Lauds Lagos Assembly Over Call Banning Demolition Of Slums by thesicilian: 6:34am On Nov 08, 2016
Instead of calling to ban demolition of slums which we all know pose several health hazards, why not brainstorm on better ways forward in terms of relocation of these people who live in the slums?

3 Likes

Re: Save Lagos Group Lauds Lagos Assembly Over Call Banning Demolition Of Slums by Nobody: 6:35am On Nov 08, 2016
remmyton:
Ambode shouldn't demolish d slums until he has created a good housing scheme that will benefit d people living in those houses called slums
That's like telling me to buy a phone for someone to be using after I recovered my stolen phone from them.

They know fully well its government property. Yet, they still went there and built their rubbish, collecting rent up to 100k from some people. Now government has destroyed it and you're asking the government to replace it for them

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Save Lagos Group Lauds Lagos Assembly Over Call Banning Demolition Of Slums by tuzle(m): 6:37am On Nov 08, 2016
i dont blame does people living in the slum. Getting money dis days is not easy o. Most people will soon start going back to their villages to start farming

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Save Lagos Group Lauds Lagos Assembly Over Call Banning Demolition Of Slums by EugeneGee4(m): 6:38am On Nov 08, 2016
Good move by save Lagos group, there should be alternative before sending ppl parking, the economy is harsh enough, nobody likes living in slums provide good alternative and see Them leaave the slum. Without the use of force.

2 Likes

Re: Save Lagos Group Lauds Lagos Assembly Over Call Banning Demolition Of Slums by Gpromise1(m): 6:38am On Nov 08, 2016
Better
Re: Save Lagos Group Lauds Lagos Assembly Over Call Banning Demolition Of Slums by Dsrooftiles: 6:41am On Nov 08, 2016
Itesiwaju ilu Eko lo je wa logun

Current Price of Roofing tiles check here >> https://www.nairaland.com/3364135/roofing-sheets-cost-various-types
Re: Save Lagos Group Lauds Lagos Assembly Over Call Banning Demolition Of Slums by Handsomecole(m): 6:53am On Nov 08, 2016
Please help me tell him o jare.
AnonyNymous:

That's like telling me to buy a phone for someone to be using after I recovered my stolen phone from them.

They know fully well its government property. Yet, they still went there and built their rubbish, collecting rent up to 100k from some people. Now government has destroyed it and you're asking the government to replace it for them

3 Likes

Re: Save Lagos Group Lauds Lagos Assembly Over Call Banning Demolition Of Slums by Kenechi1: 6:54am On Nov 08, 2016
And some people will come and a say Ambode is working lmao

1 Like

Re: Save Lagos Group Lauds Lagos Assembly Over Call Banning Demolition Of Slums by Orikinla(m): 6:56am On Nov 08, 2016

Re: Save Lagos Group Lauds Lagos Assembly Over Call Banning Demolition Of Slums by neocortex: 6:57am On Nov 08, 2016
EugeneGee4:
Good move by save Lagos group, there should be alternative before sending ppl parking, the economy is harsh enough, nobody likes living in slums provide good alternative and see Them leaave the slum. Without the use of force.

Slums are breeding grounds for crimes and many atrocities.
If they can't afford a decent life, let them go back to their villages.
Nothing is and should be free.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Save Lagos Group Lauds Lagos Assembly Over Call Banning Demolition Of Slums by hahn(m): 6:58am On Nov 08, 2016
They should destroy the slums and have those people relocate back to their states. If you do not have anything to add to where you have migrated to then go back to where you originated from and develop there instead.

Crap angry

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Save Lagos Group Lauds Lagos Assembly Over Call Banning Demolition Of Slums by neocortex: 6:59am On Nov 08, 2016
tuzle:
i dont blame does people living in the slum. Getting money dis days is not easy o. Most people will soon start going back to their villages to start farming

No they will never do that, they prefer being jobless and staying in slums
and under bridges. Then they blame the government for lack of jobs forgetting
that it is people like them that farm in villages.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Save Lagos Group Lauds Lagos Assembly Over Call Banning Demolition Of Slums by hahn(m): 6:59am On Nov 08, 2016
neocortex:

Slums are breeding grounds for crimes and many atrocities.
If they can't afford a decent life, let them go back to their villages.
Nothing is and should be free.

Gbam!

People living in slums have made Lagos unsafe. And they poop everywhere angry

8 Likes

Re: Save Lagos Group Lauds Lagos Assembly Over Call Banning Demolition Of Slums by Orikinla(m): 7:00am On Nov 08, 2016
AnonyNymous:

Perfect answer.

Imagine illegal landlords and landladies collecting N1000 - N2000 monthly rent for a room in Makoko slum without bathroom and without toilet.
They defecate in the environs and spread infectious diseases.

6 Likes

Re: Save Lagos Group Lauds Lagos Assembly Over Call Banning Demolition Of Slums by codemaniacs: 7:05am On Nov 08, 2016
remmyton:

He must demolish d slums.

Growing up in slums affects the mentality of d people living there. Slums breed criminal vices.

1 Like

Re: Save Lagos Group Lauds Lagos Assembly Over Call Banning Demolition Of Slums by ArabMopol(m): 7:08am On Nov 08, 2016
Ambode destroy all shanties and slums in Lagos state... afonjas has to go back to their hinterland villages

3 Likes

Re: Save Lagos Group Lauds Lagos Assembly Over Call Banning Demolition Of Slums by ArabMopol(m): 7:15am On Nov 08, 2016
hahn:

Gbam!

People living in slums have made Lagos unsafe. And they poop everywhere angry
Yoruba's from other states occupied 90% of Lagos slum , are those guy willing to go back to their respective villages without a fight

2 Likes

Re: Save Lagos Group Lauds Lagos Assembly Over Call Banning Demolition Of Slums by ArabMopol(m): 7:20am On Nov 08, 2016
hahn:
They should destroy the slums and have those people relocate back to their states. If you do not have anything to add to where you have migrated to then go back to where you originated from and develop there instead.

Crap angry
how do u forgot in a hurry that 90% of shanties dwellers are Yoruba's.... you want ambode to chase his brothers away just because he want to beautify Lagos state

1 Like

Re: Save Lagos Group Lauds Lagos Assembly Over Call Banning Demolition Of Slums by ArabMopol(m): 7:23am On Nov 08, 2016
Luckymay:
Imo, if you know you can't afford a decent shelter in lagos, then find your way to the village.
How can people be endangering their health and life by living in such conditions all in the name of living In the city?
afonjas are they willing to go back to their respective villages, most shanties dwellers are them

1 Like

Re: Save Lagos Group Lauds Lagos Assembly Over Call Banning Demolition Of Slums by jmoore(m): 7:24am On Nov 08, 2016
Luckymay:
Are there no villages in Lagos State? undecided
Re: Save Lagos Group Lauds Lagos Assembly Over Call Banning Demolition Of Slums by mmsen: 7:26am On Nov 08, 2016
Kenechi1:
And some people will come and a say Ambode is working lmao

He has been.

These people are not entitled to the land that they occupy. Besides that they have a tendency to create unsafe housing.

If someone came and occupied your property would you not evict them? Why is this different?

1 Like

Re: Save Lagos Group Lauds Lagos Assembly Over Call Banning Demolition Of Slums by rinlahy: 7:27am On Nov 08, 2016
ok
Re: Save Lagos Group Lauds Lagos Assembly Over Call Banning Demolition Of Slums by Ikigia: 7:30am On Nov 08, 2016
Let's see how it ends.....
Re: Save Lagos Group Lauds Lagos Assembly Over Call Banning Demolition Of Slums by silentachieverr(m): 7:31am On Nov 08, 2016
I don't understand why the government cannot build affordable houses that the poor can live. Spacious One room apartments that can house a family of 5 worse comes to worst. Why can't we have housing projects as seen in developed countries. Anytime the govt builds housing schemes, it is high cost estates, unaffordable to the poor. BUILD projects then demolish the slums.

1 Like

Re: Save Lagos Group Lauds Lagos Assembly Over Call Banning Demolition Of Slums by eph12(m): 7:33am On Nov 08, 2016
AnonyNymous:

Is it because it's government property government is destroying there or because it's a slum and has no plan?
Re: Save Lagos Group Lauds Lagos Assembly Over Call Banning Demolition Of Slums by eph12(m): 7:35am On Nov 08, 2016
silentachieverr:
I don't understand why the government cannot build affordable houses that the poor can live. Spacious One room apartments that can house a family of 5 worse comes to worst. Why can't we have housing projects as seen in developed countries. Anytime the govt builds housing schemes, it is high cost estates, unaffordable to the poor. BUILD projects then demolish the slums.

Family of five? What will someone that cannot raise a family of five in a good home be doing with a family of five?

1 Like

Re: Save Lagos Group Lauds Lagos Assembly Over Call Banning Demolition Of Slums by davit: 7:35am On Nov 08, 2016
Thank God for a Speaker of the people. Kudos to RT. HON MUDASHIRU OBASA and his other colleagues. I hope that the Governor will listen. Eko o ni baje.

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Plot Of Land For Sale At Elebu Ibadan @ 1.3m / Nigerian House Plans: Construction Of A 4-bedroom Duplex @ A Streamlined Budget / ** 5 Bedroom Mansion On 3000 Sqm In VGC . Lekki (+ pix's)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.