Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,417 members, 7,815,937 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:35 PM

You're A Thief! - Nigerians Blast Bishop Oyedepo - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / You're A Thief! - Nigerians Blast Bishop Oyedepo (5737 Views)

Tiwa Savage Twerking While Performing On Stage, Nigerians Blast Her / Braless Lady Twerks To Naira Marley's 'Opotoyi', Nigerians Blast Her / Nigerians Blast Bishop Ibiyeomie As SARS Police Rearrest Kemi Olunloyo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

You're A Thief! - Nigerians Blast Bishop Oyedepo by DopeTemi: 5:14pm On Nov 07, 2016
Dr. David Oyedepo and owner of the Covenant University has come under fire from many Nigerians.

This is coming days after Oyedepo, the Bishop of the Living Faith Church worldwide, appealed to those criticizing the school to desist to avoid incurring the wrath of God.

Many concerned Nigerians now say he is not a true man of God.

The tuition fees charged by the Covenant University have continued to spark up controversies and even Cool FM’s On-Air Personality, OAP, Freeze, has joined the league of Nigerians calling out to the pastor.

It will be recalled that the popular pastor had said the critics were acting in ignorance and risked incurring the wrath of God.

Oyedepo said the issue of school fees paid by students of the university was a Godly agenda to meet the demands of raising Godly children in an environment conducive for learning.

“The school fees has God’s approval and is in accordance with the quality of facilities provided by the university in meeting the educational needs of the nation.”

But reacting to his warning, Freeze lambasted Pastor Oyedepo on his Instagram page @daddyfreeze, saying:"Dear Pastor, please show me where in the bible God spoke of school fees, let alone ordained or 'approved' the price.....Dear Nigerian sheep, follow the shepherd, not the butcher..."

Another Instagram user, @dalacrimwrote: “Jesus healed people without collecting shingbai and here is another deceiver claiming school fees has God’s approval. After building an empire with masses’ contribution.

“I just hope the real God will disgrace all these evil people in public, hiding under the name of God and extorting money from poor people.”

www.aproko9ja.com

4 Likes

Re: You're A Thief! - Nigerians Blast Bishop Oyedepo by infogenius(m): 6:55pm On Nov 07, 2016
Shaking my head for ignorant people.

Even schools that our great grandfather's, our father's taxes and even our taxes built by government are not free.
I don't where on earth people want everything free if not Nigeria.

I just tire for awoof people.
Good Education is not cheap and can never be cheap.
Healing is free if you believe but education cannot be acquired through belief. It's cash my brother.

Make all those condemning the fees go and work without pay.
Nonsense talk.

7 Likes

Re: You're A Thief! - Nigerians Blast Bishop Oyedepo by EFX001: 7:37pm On Nov 07, 2016
base university Abuja cost 3million

1 Like

Re: You're A Thief! - Nigerians Blast Bishop Oyedepo by ionsman: 4:14am On Nov 08, 2016
EFX001:
base university Abuja cost 3million

Is the school owned by a church?

3 Likes

Re: You're A Thief! - Nigerians Blast Bishop Oyedepo by barnyolix(m): 7:07am On Nov 08, 2016
For christ sake Mr Man
you are rich enough to sponsor this children and give them a bright future
why the large fees

4 Likes

Re: You're A Thief! - Nigerians Blast Bishop Oyedepo by Nobody: 7:25am On Nov 08, 2016
please you guys should leave Mr Slapinus
Re: You're A Thief! - Nigerians Blast Bishop Oyedepo by hylyne(m): 8:11am On Nov 08, 2016
You can actually disagree with the high cost of FEE, without insulting the MAN OF GOD.

2 Likes

Re: You're A Thief! - Nigerians Blast Bishop Oyedepo by rosalieene(f): 8:13am On Nov 08, 2016
Nigerians!!! grin

1 Like

Re: You're A Thief! - Nigerians Blast Bishop Oyedepo by Smellymouth: 8:24am On Nov 08, 2016
Revelation 16:15 "Look, I come like a thief!

[img]http://i./26FPxFeuN8UA7nqGQ.gif[/img]

5 Likes

Re: You're A Thief! - Nigerians Blast Bishop Oyedepo by Nobody: 8:49am On Nov 08, 2016
So raising the POOR is no longer GODLY

Raising capable and rich kids is Godly....chaiiiiiiiiii

May GOD have mercy on you people.....

1 Like

Re: You're A Thief! - Nigerians Blast Bishop Oyedepo by Nobody: 10:12am On Nov 08, 2016
He's no worse than politicians looting our treasury dry. angry
Re: You're A Thief! - Nigerians Blast Bishop Oyedepo by shaqhead: 10:35am On Nov 08, 2016
infogenius:

Even schools that our great grandfather's, our father's taxes and even our taxes built by government are not free.

Healing is free if you believe but education cannot be acquired through belief. It's cash my brother.

Nonsense talk.

Sowee but u d one who is spewing hooey! Nobody is saying the Church shd make their schools free but affordable!

Every block laid to build that school is a priduct of the N10/N1M contribution of church members but what percentage of the members can afford to send their children.

Christianity was spread due to the foreigners giving FREE medical services, Schools and what have u. Why is it different when it comes to us running Private schools?

Maybe u shd also tell those people that u feel shdnt be complainin who are probably members of a pentecostal church that owns a Private University to stop giving and lets see how far the ministry goes or if there will b a University in the first place.

Why is it that whenever someone asks as valid as this is, instead of coming out straight to give answers folks like u encourage pastors to dodge the bullet? Jesus Christ was alwys asked qstns even by the Pharisees and Saduceslpaeeqqs and he always gave a satisfactory response that puts paid to the qstn.

What is so difficult in givin an answer to: Why is the school fees of the Chuch's School that expensive?

I have taken this qstn up with my pastor and I loved his sincerity that it bugs him too that is why even his children attend a school run by the catholic church which is affordable.

It is folks like u that put pastors in trouble when u feel none shd ask them qstns.

Son, i believe the church should be an example wen it comes to issues of transparency and we live room for criticism wen genuine qstns dnt get honest responses!

6 Likes

Re: You're A Thief! - Nigerians Blast Bishop Oyedepo by Slaveman343: 11:15am On Nov 08, 2016
Smellymouth:
Revelation 16:15 "Look, I come like a thief!

[img]http://i./26FPxFeuN8UA7nqGQ.gif[/img]
I come like a thief na figurative statement which simply means God will come @ the hour or time we least expect. As thieves takes us by surprise when they strike same way God will

Difference LIKE A THIEF NOT AS A THIEF

Fear God abeg

2 Likes

Re: You're A Thief! - Nigerians Blast Bishop Oyedepo by Slaveman343: 11:19am On Nov 08, 2016
infogenius:

Nonsense talk.

Na u dey yaen dust for here.

Why will i contribute to the building of a school but yet my children cannot afford to attend such?

Not right! not fair! not godly!

God is anti-con#
God is anti-oyedepo#

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: You're A Thief! - Nigerians Blast Bishop Oyedepo by Slaveman343: 11:25am On Nov 08, 2016
barnyolix:
For christ sake Mr Man
you are rich enough to sponsor this children and give them a bright future
why the large fees
correction you have stolen enough

Oyedepo is a thief.
Lets expose Oyedepo#

1 Like

Re: You're A Thief! - Nigerians Blast Bishop Oyedepo by imiski(m): 11:31am On Nov 08, 2016
infogenius:

Nonsense talk.

bros d point is not the price but saying God ordained d price

2 Likes

Re: You're A Thief! - Nigerians Blast Bishop Oyedepo by imiski(m): 11:39am On Nov 08, 2016
According to Willi j okowa in his book "how the tropics underdeveloped the negro" it was until the Europeans started questioning religion dy started developing. dat is y if u notice d most underdeveloped areas of Nigeria 2day are dominated by one religious body and dy are core adherents of dat religion.. until we start questioning religion we can never progress

4 Likes

Re: You're A Thief! - Nigerians Blast Bishop Oyedepo by barnyolix(m): 12:02pm On Nov 08, 2016
Slaveman343:

Oyedepo is a thief.
Lets expose Oyedepo#
grin grin grin no be me talk am o
Re: You're A Thief! - Nigerians Blast Bishop Oyedepo by Slaveman343: 12:07pm On Nov 08, 2016
barnyolix:

grin grin grin no be me talk am o
e no matter. bullet na bullet
Re: You're A Thief! - Nigerians Blast Bishop Oyedepo by Slaveman343: 12:11pm On Nov 08, 2016
imiski:
According to Willi j okowa in his book "how the tropics underdeveloped the negro" it was until the Europeans started questioning religion dy started developing. dat is y if u notice d most underdeveloped areas of Nigeria 2day are dominated by one religious body and dy are core adherents of dat religion.. until we start questioning religion we can never progress
brother no be religion matter. Humans are wicked.
If Oyedepo practice christian religion well, the way e suppose be, you sef go start to dey praise God and we no go sit ontop this matter.

Humam beings are the problem not religion

1 Like

Re: You're A Thief! - Nigerians Blast Bishop Oyedepo by infogenius(m): 12:38pm On Nov 08, 2016
Slaveman343:
Na u dey yaen dust for here.

Why will i contribute to the building of a school but yet my children cannot afford to attend such?

Not right! not fair! not godly!

God is anti-con#
God is anti-oyedepo#

How much did you contribute?
Where you compelled to contribute?

Many people are been taxed in this country but cannot still afford
to pay university fees for their children. Heads didn't roll

Government did not stop taxing them.
Please understand that it is not a must for your Children to
attend Covenant University.Even if you can afford the fees.

My friend, your money didn't build the university. God built it.

Maybe you should just build the school your children will attend.

No beef brother

2 Likes

Re: You're A Thief! - Nigerians Blast Bishop Oyedepo by Slaveman343: 12:48pm On Nov 08, 2016
infogenius:

How much did you contribute?
Where you compelled to contribute?

Many people are been taxed in this country but cannot still afford
to pay university fees for their children. Heads didn't roll

Government did not stop taxing them.
Please understand that it is not a must for your Children to
attend Covenant University.Even if you can afford the fees.

My friend, your money didn't build the university. God built it.

Maybe you should just build the school your children will attend.

No beef brother
Politics is different from religion. 2 should not be mixed.

Politics is wordly, so its consequently not going to be fair game for us all
Religion is godly. We run to it when everything has failed us, including politics. It shouldn't be unfair and cunning like the others.

The oppressors use every means and institution to deny us our rights, to keep us oppressed. Religion is.suppose to do the opposite not increase our burden and bend our necks more and keep us in chains.

We are fighting for freedom. We must expose all our oppressors including those hiding in religious cloaks.

4 Likes

Re: You're A Thief! - Nigerians Blast Bishop Oyedepo by infogenius(m): 12:49pm On Nov 08, 2016
shaqhead:

Sowee but u d one who is spewing hooey! Nobody is saying the Church shd make their schools free but affordable!

Every block laid to build that school is a priduct of the N10/N1M contribution of church members but what percentage of the members can afford to send their children.

Christianity was spread due to the foreigners giving FREE medical services, Schools and what have u. Why is it different when it comes to us running Private schools?

Maybe u shd also tell those people that u feel shdnt be complainin who are probably members of a pentecostal church that owns a Private University to stop giving and lets see how far the ministry goes or if there will b a University in the first place.

Why is it that whenever someone asks as valid as this is, instead of coming out straight to give answers folks like u encourage pastors to dodge the bullet? Jesus Christ was alwys asked qstns even by the Pharisees and Saduceslpaeeqqs and he always gave a satisfactory response that puts paid to the qstn.

What is so difficult in givin an answer to: Why is the school fees of the Chuch's School that expensive?

I have taken this qstn up with my pastor and I loved his sincerity that it bugs him too that is why even his children attend a school run by the catholic church which is affordable.

It is folks like u that put pastors in trouble when u feel none shd ask them qstns.

Son, i believe the church should be an example wen it comes to issues of transparency and we live room for criticism wen genuine qstns dnt get honest responses!

I don't think you have been to the university that is why you are talking like this.

The facilities are not cheap, the educational standard put in place are not cheap.

All these facilities have to be maintained with money.

I don't think you were told when the contribution was raised that for contributing
your children will pay N40k to attend the university.

If made cheap as you want it, the facilities will tire out like any other federal university
and state university in Nigeria.
I wonder what guys like you will say if you are asked to raise contributions to repair the university.

Walk into Aso Rock this moment and tell them that your money (tax) was used in building the VIlla if they
refuse you entry.If they no go slap you. Contributions my foot.

N600k may not be cheap to you but many Nigerians can afford 600k/ session for their children fees.
What the heck?

Grow up and live outside this cheap zone abeg.

Many people sowed in millions into that project, they are not complaining.

1 Like

Re: You're A Thief! - Nigerians Blast Bishop Oyedepo by infogenius(m): 1:01pm On Nov 08, 2016
Slaveman343:
Politics is different from religion. 2 should not be mixed.

Politics is wordly, so its consequently not going to be fair game for us all
Religion is godly. We run to it when everything has failed us, including politics. It shouldn't be unfair and cunning like the others.

The oppressors use every means and institution to deny us our rights, to keep us oppressed. Religion is.suppose to do the opposite not increase our burden and bend our necks more and keep us in chains.

We are fighting for freedom. We must expose all our oppressors including those hiding in religious cloaks.

Sorry oh. Bishop Oyedepo is oppressing you because he has not made Covenant University gbogbo ero University.
Truth be told.
Before Covenant University was built, Bishop Oyedepo by Divine auction made several millionaires from the congregation
and more are still made till tomorrow.

If the children of these people attend the University. Men it's so cool.
The Living Faith Church Worldwide will never bend anyone's neck or keep you in chains but rather has a mandate
to set the oppressed free.

Don't be like the lot outside, get some of their teachings, listen to it, walk in it and you will see yourself taking Charge.

There is nothing to fight for here. Covenant University is not a public institution, it is not politically influenced.
If you didn't contribute a kobo, God would have still built Covenant University.
Re: You're A Thief! - Nigerians Blast Bishop Oyedepo by infogenius(m): 1:03pm On Nov 08, 2016
Slaveman343:

Oyedepo is a thief.
Lets expose Oyedepo#

Your moniker says a lot about the state and condition of your mind.
I am not surprised with your "sensible" post

1 Like

Re: You're A Thief! - Nigerians Blast Bishop Oyedepo by shaqhead: 1:42pm On Nov 08, 2016
infogenius:

I don't think you have been to the university that is why you are talking like this.

The facilities are not cheap, the educational standard put in place are not cheap.

All these facilities have to be maintained with money.

I don't think you were told when the contribution was raised that for contributing
your children will pay N40k to attend the university.

If made cheap as you want it, the facilities will tire out like any other federal university
and state university in Nigeria.
I wonder what guys like you will say if you are asked to raise contributions to repair the university.

Walk into Aso Rock this moment and tell them that your money (tax) was used in building the VIlla if they
refuse you entry.If they no go slap you. Contributions my foot.

N600k may not be cheap to you but many Nigerians can afford 600k/ session for their children fees.
What the heck?

Grow up and live outside this cheap zone abeg.

Many people sowed in millions into that project, they are not complaining.

Oops after riddling ur post with the word "CHEAP", u ask me to grow out of d cheap zone...lol...

Son, u seem to b having problems distinguishing btween the words CHEAP and AFFORDABLE!

I repeat nobody is asking for the Church University to be CHEAP or even FREE, this is where u make an egregious blunder, but what people are sayin is let it be AFFORDABLE!

Since u seem not to understand, let me use this statement to enlighten u

As affordable as Federal/State Univ are they are still not cheap for many Nigerians.

What this statement means is that since it is AFFORDABLE MANY can attend a Fed/State Univ though not ALL who wish to go to a Univ but in the case of the CHURCH UNIV FEW MEMBERS can send their children there and MANY CONTRIBUTED be it in offerings/Seeds/ Special Offerings etc

Lyk I syd that institution is a product of ppls widows mite be it N10 or 10million and they shd have a chance of sending their kids tthere if they can Afford it not because it is CHEAP but cos it is AFFORDABLE!

If maintenance is now ur excuse maybe u shd join me in wonderin how come not only the kids of d Who is who of d world are other institutions around the world with facilities and manpower that none of our private universities can rival.
Re: You're A Thief! - Nigerians Blast Bishop Oyedepo by plenitude(m): 1:46pm On Nov 08, 2016
how much is America university in NIGERIA?....even state own institutions without infrastructures are not affordable talk less of a world class university....or is oyedepo richer than a state??
Re: You're A Thief! - Nigerians Blast Bishop Oyedepo by dahmie2013: 2:31pm On Nov 08, 2016
Nyways, d ppl dat are paying d fees don't have 2 heads. Also, some ppl send deir kids abroad 2 study. Me I will afford it & even more. Amen.
Poverty is a thing of d mind, rada dan insult, y don't u believe u can afford it & wen d need arises, u will be able 2 pay.

2 Likes

Re: You're A Thief! - Nigerians Blast Bishop Oyedepo by infogenius(m): 2:39pm On Nov 08, 2016
shaqhead:

Oops after riddling ur post with the word "CHEAP", u ask me to grow out of d cheap zone...lol...

Son, u seem to b having problems distinguishing btween the words CHEAP and AFFORDABLE!

I repeat nobody is asking for the Church University to be CHEAP or even FREE, this is where u make an egregious blunder, but what people are sayin is let it be AFFORDABLE!

Since u seem not to understand, let me use this statement to enlighten u

As affordable as Federal/State Univ are they are still not cheap for many Nigerians.

What this statement means is that since it is AFFORDABLE MANY can attend a Fed/State Univ though not ALL who wish to go to a Univ but in the case of the CHURCH UNIV FEW MEMBERS can send their children there and MANY CONTRIBUTED be it in offerings/Seeds/ Special Offerings etc

Lyk I syd that institution is a product of ppls widows mite be it N10 or 10million and they shd have a chance of sending their kids tthere if they can Afford it not because it is CHEAP but cos it is AFFORDABLE!

If maintenance is now ur excuse maybe u shd join me in wonderin how come not only the kids of d Who is who of d world are other institutions around the world with facilities and manpower that none of our private universities can rival.

Sorry oh grammarian

FYI - Synonyms means nearest in meaning.
Cheap is a synonym of Affordable. Olodo!

For all your rants , the fees are affordable for those whose children belongs there.
Not every teenager will attend Covenant University.

Maintenance is not my excuse, if you can't go to Covenant University because
it is not AFFORDABLE others will.

Even if you gave N10 for the project does not mean that institution
should be open wide to you.

I am not sure you have anyone or you have been to that institution.
Many Church members children attend the institution.
And many will not!

Mind you LFC Worldwide has Men and Women that are not broke and are
not reasoning like you.

N600k per session is affordable to many of us if it not for you.
Men are in different levels and sizes. And everyone functions
at his own level.
Please spare me the crap. If many of you did not give N10 as contribution.
God will still build Covenant University.

I am not bothered about what you think.
Covenant University is not for everyone including church members. That is the simple truth.

1 Like

Re: You're A Thief! - Nigerians Blast Bishop Oyedepo by shaqhead: 3:06pm On Nov 08, 2016
infogenius:

Sorry oh grammarian

For all your rants , the fees are affordable for those whose children belongs there.
Not every teenager will attend Covenant University.

Maintenance is not my excuse, if you can't go to Covenant University because
it is not AFFORDABLE others will.

Even if you gave N10 for the project does not mean that institution
should be open wide to you.

I am not sure you have anyone or you have been to that institution.
Many Church members children attend the institution.

Mind you LFC Worldwide has Men and Women that are not broke and are
not reasoning like you.

N600k per session is affordable to many of us if it not for you.
Men are in different levels and sizes. And everyone functions
at his own level.
Please spare me the crap. If many of you did not give N10 as contribution.
God will still build Covenant University.

I am not bothered about what you think.
Covenant University is not for everyone. That is the simple truth.
Lol...yeah... I knew this is where u wl end up after having all ur point trashed!

If its nt maintenance of structure and manpower then what is d reason for such exorbitant fee? Just save it cos ds response of urs as hollow as it is is all uve got!

Am taking two things away from what u said

1. God will build Covenant whether "many of us" choose not to contribute but I kno that God will want us ALL to have the best like HE built his church and EVERYONE has a welcoming place there! Hope u figure this out?

2. Men are in different sizes: u r right on this count cos after sparing with u, its obvious we are not on the same intellectual level! Hope this doesnt hurt too much?

So jst take a walk and make do with d education u got from me though it wasn't FREE nor CHEAP but I made it AFFORDABLE for you!

Thank me later!

1 Like

Re: You're A Thief! - Nigerians Blast Bishop Oyedepo by infogenius(m): 3:15pm On Nov 08, 2016
shaqhead:

Lol...yeah... I knew this is where u wl end up after having all ur point trashed!

If its nt maintenance of structure and manpower then what is d reason for such exorbitant fee? Just save it cos ds response of urs as hollow as it is is all uve got!

Am taking two things away from what u said

1. God will build Covenant whether "many of us" choose not to contribute but I kno that God will want us ALL to have the best like HE built his church and EVERYONE has a welcoming place there! Hope u figure this out?

2. Men are in different sizes: u r right on this count cos after sparing with u, its obvious we are not on the same intellectual level! Hope this doesnt hurt too much?

So jst take a walk and make do with d education u got from me though it wasn't FREE nor CHEAP but I made it AFFORDABLE for you!

Thank me later!

lol

1. I now understand that your reasoning is low. God wants us to have the best but unfortunately many will not enjoy the best.Whether you believe it or not. The Church is for all but Covenant University is for all that can afford to enjoy the education it offers. Stick that in your low key education that you offer at affordable rates.

2. Very true we are not on the same intellectual level and we can never be. Your reasoning is too .

Go and build your university and give out tuition at N5k.

1 Like

Re: You're A Thief! - Nigerians Blast Bishop Oyedepo by MyGeneration(m): 3:27pm On Nov 08, 2016
Stup1d1ty is when u pay tithe nd offering every sunday nd ur pastor uses ur money to build school dat u nd ur entire generation cannot think of attending, then tells u its Gods will.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Want To Quit The Fraud I Can’t Sleep With 5 Women Every Day – Young Guy Cries / See Who Regina Daniels Have Fun With After Her Boyfriend Dumped Her For Sex Doll / Regina Daniels And Boyfriend Kiss And Makeup Inna Club

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.