Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,474 members, 7,819,724 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:45 PM

Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? - Foreign Affairs (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? (42013 Views)

Trump Vs Merkel: White House Orders Withdrawal Of 9,500 US Troops From Germany / Trump Vs Clinton: America Decides 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? by Revolva(m): 7:05am On Nov 09, 2016
DONALD TRUMP....IS THE WINNER.....THE WRITING IS ON THE WALL.....I LOOVE IT...... grin grin grin grin
Re: Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? by chloedogie(m): 7:11am On Nov 09, 2016
harffie:

Well, I had a feeling cuz I've been following this election since.........I am always up to date on the election news and all.... I think the email scandal wrecked Hillary, that was the inception of her downfall...

wasn't really the email scandal, it was the way that FBI director made a wrong statement last week. That last week could possibly cost her that office. But jokes apart Trump as the USA president? They might end up becoming a joke of the earth. I see Russia or North Korea taking over the world power if that guy wins. He will be outplayed in several ways. MEHN you need to be very political to rule. And that guy is too blunt for that office. And the negative effect of bn too blunt would cost that great country a lot. My opinion though. I might be 100% wrong sha.
Re: Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? by 9jaAmerican: 7:13am On Nov 09, 2016
loopman:

When you Igbos don't have a way out of an arguement you resort to your default mode, insult to wriggle your way out. Speaks volume of your brain matter.
one day obasanjo tinubu orji uzor and d rest will b no more and tribalistic twats like u will remain as elder state men...i shiver at d thought of dat.
Re: Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? by smileysmiley(f): 7:15am On Nov 09, 2016
realglobe:
Lol.... funny how this thread turned into a US elections update thread.. Tonyebarcanista failed to realize that USA is world power and Nigerians should be interested in who leads the USA. The reasons are just too many, Nigeria gets millions of aids in dollars from USA annually so why shouldn't we care about who leads a country we beg for financial and other aids. Secondly, GEJ once stated that he couldn't successfully defeat boko haram because the obama administration refused to sell arms to his government, besides there are billions of Nigeria's money trapped overseas which a willing American government can help the nation recover, the nascent democracy we practice today is copied from America and we have so much to learn from the Amercian democracy, the reasons are just too many to start listing, it's just common sense. This thread is just as embarrassing as other threads from op and the joke is on any of the mods, lalasticlala, mynd44 or seun that keep promoting this embarrassing threads
and you have failed to realize that America is a selfish country... you talked about them giving financial aids to Nigeria, do you really believe it was financial aids they gave? America should carry their wahala and go, that country is a good definition of the devil, they give with one hand and stylishly take something greater with the other. Nigeria doesn't need peanuts from America, in fact America is one of our greatest problem in this country, they banked on the greediness of our politicians and robbed us blindly... Nigeria has no business with who eventually becomes president of America cause at the end they are all the same, they care only for their country and they have pledged allegiance to it... If only our leaders were sensible enough, Nigeria doesn't need any country now, in fact what she needs now sef is to lock her borders and develop herself within, if she perishes so be it but if she is successful, she would be walking straight into glory after she reopens and countries like America, China and so on won't be able to rape her of her glory anymore. I rest my case with this, Nigeria has no business whatsoever with America's election.

1 Like

Re: Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? by harmbhrosz(m): 7:16am On Nov 09, 2016
EternalTruths:

If Clinton wins, more Syria and Libya

If Trumps wins less Syria and Libya
and this is the same reason we keep loosing it because we lack the capacity to see things the right way, who told you there will be less of Syria and Libya if Trump wins?

A man that doesn't have any record of support for humanity who only cares about his own wealth and family alone is who you're expecting something good from? He's only going there to expand himself... I don't know why a reasonable human will see Trump(Human) as a Messiah
Re: Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? by shizzy7(f): 7:17am On Nov 09, 2016
Billyonaire:

You are not qualified to form an opinion on where anyone in this country should put his or her focus. Politics in the USA is the paradigm of Democracy. The so called Democracy we abuse in this your Nigeria is tailored towards America's democracy, so you are totally a very ignorant chap who takes himself too serious when no one really cares about your ill-informed opinion. Nigerians watch US politics to evaluate the progress of your idiotic politics.

I worry about the direction of US politics because America and her allies remain the alliance in the hemisphere that can make or mar global peace. So, little man, if you hate America do not make any silly attempt to sound convictions on a country you may never qualify to enter. Most of us have wives, kids, homes, friends etc in the USA and it makes what happens there important to us.

I know you are some village boy who doesnt know much about global politics and the dynamics of war play. So, keep reading this thread, you will be schooled by those who know better than you. Do not assume to know anything, cos you know nothing about life.
Go and sleep joor, you are feeling so pained and emotional

Politics aside, you can't even give a constructive argument.....'idiotic politics', 'village boy', 'totally ignorant chap'. Go and learn basic things and stop your "know it all syndrome"

1 Like

Re: Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? by harmbhrosz(m): 7:18am On Nov 09, 2016
chloedogie:

wasn't really the email scandal, it was the way that FBI director made a wrong statement last week. That last week could possibly cost her that office. But jokes apart Trump as the USA president? They might end up becoming a joke of the earth. I see Russia or North Korea taking over the world power if that guy wins. He will be outplayed in several ways. MEHN you need to be very political to rule. And that guy is too blunt for that office. And the negative effect of bn too blunt would cost that great country a lot. My opinion though. I might be 100% wrong sha.
exactly, to me that guy has nothing to offer, he just wants to make name and expand his empire. He has no idea how politics is played
Re: Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? by realglobe: 7:19am On Nov 09, 2016
smileysmiley:
[s]and you have failed to realize that America is a selfish country... you talked about them giving financial aids to Nigeria, do you really believe it was financial aids they gave? America should carry their wahala and go, that country is a good definition of the devil, they give with one hand and stylishly take something greater with the other. Nigeria doesn't need peanuts from America, in fact America is one of our greatest problem in this country, they banked on the greediness of our politicians and robbed us blindly... Nigeria has no business with who eventually becomes president of America cause at the end they are all the same, they care only for their country and they have pledged allegiance to it... If only our leaders were sensible enough, Nigeria doesn't need any country now, in fact what she needs now sef is to lock her borders and develop herself within, if she perishes so be it but if she is successful, she would be walking straight into glory after she reopens and countries like America, China and so on won't be able to rape her of her glory anymore. I rest my case with this, Nigeria has no business whatsoever with America's election.[/s]
Your emotions have nothing to do with the facts..
Re: Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? by codemaniacs: 7:21am On Nov 09, 2016
harmbhrosz:
and this is the same reason we keep loosing it because we lack the capacity to see things the right way, who told you there will be less of Syria and Libya if Trump wins?

A man that doesn't have any record of support for humanity who only cares about his own wealth and family alone is who you're expecting something good from? He's only going there to expand himself... I don't know why a reasonable human will see Trump(Human) as a Messiah

I don't know why a reasonable human will see anyone as a Messiah.
Re: Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? by LorDBolton(m): 7:24am On Nov 09, 2016
harffie:
Ye thank you, even though you didn't understand that I was posting updates...if you read up you'll know I'm with Trump..part from that Trump has over 1million votes in those states he's won

Yea I guess so.

Cool though... Trump has this election in the bag michigan is for trump and hilary couldn't afford to lose Penn, michigan, n wisconsin.

Guess what? Pennsylvania is definitely going to trump.

Americans are chanting change WTF! Tinubu

1 Like

Re: Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? by abbeyty(m): 7:25am On Nov 09, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

You are arguing off point. I can assure you that you are not following global politics more than me, but unlike you, I follow to keep abreast on events in the world and not to give irrelevant opinion that is of no effect anywhere. You are not a American, you are not a resident of America, you have no business in America, you have no job in America, you are not an American attachee or voter, yet you hide in your apartment in Nigeria to disturb the peace of Nigerians about some candidates in America like your opinion matters. Haba!

You see why I said you are emotional and not logical, that I am saying that BNigerians should mind their business because we have no opinion in America now means I hate America? Dude, you need to start growing up. It is never too late.

Lol, Mr Chestbeater, honestly, you know NOTHING about global events. Anyway, the koko is that YOU HAVE NO OPINION in America Affairs.

Stop acting like you have one. In fact, your existence is of no value to any American.

dont mind the guy, most of them come put the matter for head as if AMERICA gives a monkey about them...they should tell us how Obama election affects Nigeria in the past 7years ? those who should be that concerned about this election are Nigerians who live in America not one Nigeria village boy.
Re: Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? by holysainbj(m): 7:26am On Nov 09, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Empire rise, empire fall. Yesterday it was Greek, later it became Rome, then British became very powerful, at a point Germany was like all powerful, USSR too was, today USA is. If USA makes wrong decision, they will GIVE WAY for a new superpower. That has no business on the rest of the world including NIGERIA.

@The Bold, you are ignorant or unexposed
ah ah someone who obviously knows better than you took out time to give you his constructive view and u call him ignorant and unexposed? well....
Re: Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? by emsquare(m): 7:27am On Nov 09, 2016
all the best ooo... Wish americans all the best...
Re: Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? by Boring: 7:29am On Nov 09, 2016
chloedogie:

Too much T.V watching

You don't know anything about Trump.. So stfu
Re: Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? by back2sender: 7:29am On Nov 09, 2016
UP TRUMP, VERY GOOD!!! AMERICA WILL BE GREAT AGAIN JUST AS NIGERIA IS ON THE PART.
Now Nigerians must work to make thier country work instead of running to america all the time.
Please Mr Trump kindly deports Nigerians without valid papers back to Nigeria we need them to join us to make Nigeria great.
Kindly stop with immediate effect Nigerians clouding your embassy in Nigeria for visa.
I waiting for Wole soyinka to destroy his green card.
TRUMP FOR LIFE

3 Likes

Re: Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? by codemaniacs: 7:31am On Nov 09, 2016
smileysmiley:
and you have failed to realize that America is a selfish country... you talked about them giving financial aids to Nigeria, do you really believe it was financial aids they gave? America should carry their wahala and go, that country is a good definition of the devil, they give with one hand and stylishly take something greater with the other. Nigeria doesn't need peanuts from America, in fact America is one of our greatest problem in this country, they banked on the greediness of our politicians and robbed us blindly... Nigeria has no business with who eventually becomes president of America cause at the end they are all the same, they care only for their country and they have pledged allegiance to it... If only our leaders were sensible enough, Nigeria doesn't need any country now, in fact what she needs now sef is to lock her borders and develop herself within, if she perishes so be it but if she is successful, she would be walking straight into glory after she reopens and countries like America, China and so on won't be able to rape her of her glory anymore. I rest my case with this, Nigeria has no business whatsoever with America's election.

Most African leaders are puppets. So its difficult for Africans to prosper. Even if Africans prosper they will be given the libya treatment.

Lagos bcame an oil producing state overnight. So Lagos is their next target because it has made a lot Africans prosper.
Re: Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? by Nobody: 7:35am On Nov 09, 2016
At some point, I ecstasiCally started looking for replies from 'Tonye' for this 'billy' guy!!
Re: Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? by loopman: 7:36am On Nov 09, 2016
9jaAmerican:
one day obasanjo tinubu orji uzor and d rest will b no more and tribalistic twats like u will remain as elder state men...i shiver at d thought of dat.

I shiver at the thought of having your type as fellow citizen. Hypocrites!!
Re: Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? by Weah96: 7:45am On Nov 09, 2016
Pennsylvania votes are in FOR TRUMP!!!! IT'S OVER.
GO HOME NOW.

1 Like

Re: Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? by chiraqDemon(m): 8:08am On Nov 09, 2016
Na how u go hear say dem arrest nigerian in attempt to steal ballot box
I sure say dem de even produce fake voting stuff for there
Make good decision for una country una nor fit..na america u wan go make decision
Re: Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? by harmbhrosz(m): 8:11am On Nov 09, 2016
codemaniacs:

Most African leaders are puppets. So its difficult for Africans to prosper. Even if Africans prosper they will be given the libya treatment.

Lagos bcame an oil producing state overnight. So Lagos is their next target because it has made a lot Africans prosper.
what amazes me most is that most Nairalands don't really knows America's true colour.
Their oppression on the smaller countries is just too much...

And that is why Putin will continue to be their headache
Re: Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? by Nobody: 8:21am On Nov 09, 2016
LorDBolton:

Azzin i'm shocked a politic commentator like him will ask why we're interested in the US election... obviously he doesn't even know what the TTP deal (which clinton will sign) means for african markets and economists.

Very incredulous article.
I bet you, Tonye dint sleep last night.
Re: Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? by NoreenUG(f): 8:32am On Nov 09, 2016
kropotkin2:
The only reason to be interested in American politics is because the Igbos are, and God knows how much we relish the very thought of humiliating them every step of the way grin

Pathetic miserable numbskull. You just humiliated yourself and your like-minded nitwits.

How market? I voted in Ohio, and I'm so glad my vote counted, as Trump has won the state.

3 Likes

Re: Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? by Metroman7: 8:33am On Nov 09, 2016
[quote author=golddust6000 post=50850602]you have spoken like a retarded idiot. And who told you american is super power?? Is that the reason why they are pokenosing on affair that doesnt concern them? To hell with america, most americans think life begins and end there! Grow up [/quote

Has it now come to insult?? I was following up until you did this. Please lets be logical in our analysis. We are only expressing our ideas to promote knowledge not to show who is right or wrong.
Re: Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? by ekanDamie: 8:40am On Nov 09, 2016
zheroes:
now am gonna take you on this. As far as am concerned whatebver makes you happy and whatever you believe in die with it.if any one decides to pitch tent with any candidate its their choice as long as they don't put a rag on your face trying to do that. Now how does manchester derby affect nigerias recession? In no way!!!! But it does make you happy as a person . Am a true arsenal fan but when they mess up I take a week or two leave from football. What we simply need to do is know where to draw the line. OP has a point but I dont totally agree with him. We all need each other in live even if individual decisions can not alter our personal destinies. Same applies to countries. Because we do trade on international level
no one is saying if ur following d debates n all dat u should not have a candidacy in ur mind u wish should win. but trying to garner support for dat candidates in a country dat do not have franchise, isnt that crossing d line? why should we be seeing, vote for Hillary, my trust in Trump, et all. let's learn to mind our business aren't we saddened enough with our issues?
Re: Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:58am On Nov 09, 2016
Leez:

bro while i agree wit ur writeup
i disagree on d soyinka part
wole has nigeria in his heart
wole was in jail for his support of biafra
wole held a radio station at gunpoint ffs
so yes dos nigerians supporting clinton/trump blindly nid help but wole is a world citizen and a nobel laureate
i respect ur views esp politically bro so ds wole diss saddens me
Apologies but I never meant to diss Prof Wole, I respect him so much. I was only saying that he shouldn't be taking American politics personal like his opinion counts to the average American.

1 Like

Re: Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:02am On Nov 09, 2016
sirfee:
you don't give a damn but I saw some bible verses in your article,later una go dey claim christians.Surely you are happy with the events in Libya,Syria etc I respect you so much but this statement you made is so annoying
Syrians and Libyans allowed themselves to violently rise against their leaders and created violence, it is left for both of them to fix their mess. Not Tonye
Re: Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? by Blue3k(m): 9:03am On Nov 09, 2016
NoreenUG:

Pathetic miserable numbskull. You just humiliated yourself and your like-minded nitwits.

How market? I voted in Ohio, and I'm so glad my vote counted, as Trump has won the state.

I voted him in Texas. Only the deaf dumb and blind can't see through propaganda. I'm glad we America's don't think like the Nigerians back at home before we end up like them.
Re: Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? by harffie(m): 9:29am On Nov 09, 2016
LorDBolton:

Yea I guess so.

Cool though... Trump has this election in the bag michigan is for trump and hilary couldn't afford to lose Penn, michigan, n wisconsin.

Guess what? Pennsylvania is definitely going to trump.

Americans are chanting change WTF! Tinubu
haha....change indeed..
Re: Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? by NoreenUG(f): 9:55am On Nov 09, 2016
Blue3k:

I voted him in Texas. Only the deaf dumb and blind can't see through propaganda. I'm we Americams don't think like the Nigerian back at home before we end up like them.

Tell me about it.

CNN, MSNBC, CBS, HuffPost, WashingtonPost, WallStreetJournal and ABC may now go lick their wounds.
They have been totally demystified, and their credibility has been brutally hurt. Imagine HuffPost predicting a 98.1% chance of victory for Hillary.

The mainstream media has been living in an echo chamber for a long time. The reality will dawn on them now.

2 Likes

Re: Trump Vs Clinton: When Did Nigerians Start Having Opinion In American Politics? by yanabasee(m): 10:13am On Nov 09, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
You are sounding emotional dude

At least you agree with me.

This post was addressed to citizens of the said THIRD WORLD COUNTRIES like you that has NO OPINION in American Affairs. Sorry bro, you have no opinion as long as America is concerned. You opinion starts and end in Nigeria and maybe West Africa.
American is important in the scheme of themes like any other country but is it 100% Americans concern. That is why only eligible AMERICANS votes during election. Empire rise, empire fall. There were world powers before America, there will be world powers should she fall
Sounding emotional, you have no opinion in American affair.

Sometimes it baffles me how your brain convert informations....

America being the world power have impacts in Nigeria and beyond...America needs the world's opinion to stay world powered!

Infact. Why do we have the internet? The radio sets and Television sets? Why do we have BBC and CNN as world broadcasting stations? Isn't it to pass informations to the world? Why do America get involved in Nigeria's activities? Why don't they stay away since it's Nigeria's problem?

America do not intervene in Nigeria's election, but yet they give attention to electoral conductivities

Billyonaire if this dude say anymore trash...help me kick him around for good!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Uncontrollable Wildfires Rage In Canada As Thousands Evacuate Cities ( Pics) / VLADIMIR Putin Orders US Officials To Leave Russia Immediately (Pics, Video) / Esther Agbaje, Oye Owolewa, Nnamdi Chukwuocha Win In U.S 2020 Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.