Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,454 members, 7,823,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:04 PM

Vote Forthis Best Short Story In The 2016 Etisalat Flash Fiction Award - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Vote Forthis Best Short Story In The 2016 Etisalat Flash Fiction Award (954 Views)

My First Girlfriend - My Life Story (in Episodes) / Etisalat Flash Fiction 2016 Shortlist- Top 50( Nairalanders Rep us wella) / Abubakar Adam Ibrahim Wins The 2016 Nigeria Prize For Literature. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vote Forthis Best Short Story In The 2016 Etisalat Flash Fiction Award by sirhamilton(m): 4:01am On Nov 08, 2016
I once read a quote that said something like: “It doesn’t matter how many 'No's' you get from men, all you need is just one 'Yes' from God”. And it made a lasting impression on me. On days like today, the overwhelming depression I had to stave off begged the question, ‘’when am I going to get a yes?’’. As if in response to the rhetoric, my phone beeped announcing the arrival of a new text message.
As my fingers tapped their way into my inbox I was certain it was the service provider advertising a product or service. My brows shot up in sudden interest as my brain registered it was a customized message.

A smile slowly creased my cheeks when I read the content of the text message for the second time; the interview was scheduled three days from today, I noted. When the security guard had asked me to leave my CV with him I had reluctantly agreed but immediately forgotten about it after I did

As I flung myself on the bed, try as I could, it was impossible to banish the memories from the interview out of my head. I had somehow managed to forget every answer to the likely interview questions I had memorized the previous night. I practically stuttered my way through the interview.

TWO NIGHTS LATER

On the verge of sleeping off, an email jolted me to reality. My sleep-filled eyes lit up as they skimmed through the contents of the mail. They immediately became misty when they saw for the first time who the sender of the mail was.

‘’ I Finally Got a Yes’’. This thought was still bouncing haphazardly off the walls of my mind when I slept off.

To vote for the above story (my story) in the Etisalat Flash Fiction Award , kindly click on the link supplied below
https://prize.etisalat.com.ng/flash-fiction/voteall.php?id=90
Be sure to use your phone browser. Then click on the thumbs up icon to vote.

Thanks a lot for your votes

Re: Vote Forthis Best Short Story In The 2016 Etisalat Flash Fiction Award by joyclyne: 6:10am On Nov 08, 2016
Wow! This deserves to be on the front page. It describes the ordeal of a typical job hunting Nigerian youth

Cc:Seun, Lalasticlala
Re: Vote Forthis Best Short Story In The 2016 Etisalat Flash Fiction Award by sirhamilton(m): 12:47pm On Nov 08, 2016
To vote, zoom In on the thumbs up icon and click. Ensure your vote counts by noting an increase in the figures
Re: Vote Forthis Best Short Story In The 2016 Etisalat Flash Fiction Award by safarigirl(f): 2:05pm On Nov 08, 2016
sirhamilton:
I once read a quote that said something like: “It doesn’t matter how many 'No's' you get from men, all you need is just one 'Yes' from God”. And it made a lasting impression on me. On days like today, the overwhelming depression I had to stave off begged the question, ‘’when am I going to get a yes?’’. As if in response to the rhetoric, my phone beeped announcing the arrival of a new text message.
As my fingers tapped their way into my inbox I was certain it was the service provider advertising a product or service. My brows shot up in sudden interest as my brain registered it was a customized message.

A smile slowly creased my cheeks when I read the content of the text message for the second time; the interview was scheduled three days from today, I noted. When the security guard had asked me to leave my CV with him I had reluctantly agreed but immediately forgotten about it after I did

As I flung myself on the bed, try as I could, it was impossible to banish the memories from the interview out of my head. I had somehow managed to forget every answer to the likely interview questions I had memorized the previous night. I practically stuttered my way through the interview.

TWO NIGHTS LATER

On the verge of sleeping off, an email jolted me to reality. My sleep-filled eyes lit up as they skimmed through the contents of the mail. They immediately became misty when they saw for the first time who the sender of the mail was.

‘’ I Finally Got a Yes’’. This thought was still bouncing haphazardly off the walls of my mind when I slept off.

To vote for the above story (my story) in the Etisalat Flash Fiction Award , kindly click on the link supplied below

o thpught the instrictions required a limit of 300 words, or am I missing something?
Re: Vote Forthis Best Short Story In The 2016 Etisalat Flash Fiction Award by OMA4U(m): 8:56am On Nov 09, 2016
sirhamilton:

TWO NIGHTS LATER

Do you mean I should vote for this story? Ye
Re: Vote Forthis Best Short Story In The 2016 Etisalat Flash Fiction Award by sirhamilton(m): 2:25pm On Nov 12, 2016
Yes please
Re: Vote Forthis Best Short Story In The 2016 Etisalat Flash Fiction Award by HelenaG(f): 2:59pm On Nov 12, 2016
Hi sirhamilton, lovely story. Would you like to trade votes with me? My story was nominated as well. Here is the link.
https://prize.etisalat.com.ng/flash-fiction/voteall.php?id=2454

Thanks

sirhamilton:

TWO NIGHTS LATER

Re: Vote Forthis Best Short Story In The 2016 Etisalat Flash Fiction Award by HelenaG(f): 3:01pm On Nov 12, 2016
Hi oma4u, I would appreciate your vote as well. Thanks in advance. Here is the link. https://prize.etisalat.com.ng/flash-fiction/voteall.php?id=2454

OMA4U:

Do you mean I should vote for this story? Ye

(1) (Reply)

Christmas Eve / BURNT A Story By N.D.C / Gifted Hands..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.