Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,721 members, 7,820,505 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:08 PM

Early Voting Shows Hispanic Voters On Track For Record Turnout In US Election - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Early Voting Shows Hispanic Voters On Track For Record Turnout In US Election (834 Views)

American Women Go Nude To Rally Voters Against Republicans / #US Election Updates - See Results / UPDATE: ISIS Perfects Plans To "Slaughter" American Election Voters On Tuesday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Early Voting Shows Hispanic Voters On Track For Record Turnout In US Election by lolawilliams(f): 1:59pm On Nov 08, 2016
EARLY voting data in critical US states suggest a surge in turnout among Latino voters, in a move that could provide a major boost to Hillary Clinton’s campaign.

Statistics from Florida, Nevada, Georgia, North Carolina and Arizona all show a significant increase in the “sleeping giant” of Latin-American voters in the 30 million votes already counted.

Analysts predict the effect could replicate that President Obama had on the African-American community in 2008 and 2012 who turned out in record numbers to support America’s first black President. Latino voters traditionally vote Democrat and Hillary Clinton’s campaign has worked hard to ensure turnout in the increasingly tight election race.

However this time, a significant part of the Latino population appears to be mobilising against Donald Trump who has pledged to build a wall along the Mexican border and characterised citizens as criminals and rapists.

Early voting statistics from Florida show around one million of the 6.2 million early votes cast were by the Hispanic population. That’s a 75 per cent increase from 2012, according to the New York Times .

Political scientist Daniel Smith, who has been analysing voter data in the state, said “we’re headed for record turnout in Florida”.
“So far, 36 per cent of the 907,000 Hispanics who have voted in 2016 didn’t vote by any method in 2012. That’s a full 12 points higher than whites, and will likely be the key to who wins the presidency.”

Arizona has also recorded the largest increase of early voting by Latinos in any state, up 11 per cent from 2012, according to statistics from Catalist.

Nevada has also seen a rise in turnout which drove Democrats to an early lead of 72,000 that proved enough to worry Nevada’s Republican Chairman Micael McDonald who suggested polls were kept open late to allow a “certain group” to vote. Hispanics account for 28 per cent of Nevada’s population.

It prompted Donald Trump to echo his previous claims about the election being “rigged” pointing to problems at “certain key Democratic polling locations”.

“Folks, it’s a rigged system. It’s a rigged system. And we’re going to beat it,” he said, according to Politico reports.

Source: http://www.news.com.au/world/north-america/early-voting-data-shows-hispanic-voters-on-track-for-record-turnout-in-us-election-2016/news-story/a059e37cb602409792c1d1746b958b83

Re: Early Voting Shows Hispanic Voters On Track For Record Turnout In US Election by carbonado(m): 2:01pm On Nov 08, 2016
i wish Hillary wins o......that trump is very unstable.......

1 Like

Re: Early Voting Shows Hispanic Voters On Track For Record Turnout In US Election by IykeChukz(m): 2:09pm On Nov 08, 2016
Hillary Clinton can only win by sympathy vote just to write history.
Re: Early Voting Shows Hispanic Voters On Track For Record Turnout In US Election by carbonado(m): 4:26pm On Nov 08, 2016
IykeChukz:

Hillary Clinton can only win by sympathy vote just to write history.

hmmmm, i think people vote for different reasons.....sympathy votes.....i dont think would be common in this part of the world,i might be wrong though.....however....if people vote for her mostly because they know she would most likely not bother them ........as against a big bully who has already told them all the crazy things he would do to them......despite not in office yet.....brov...that is not sympathy vote.....its is called "me watching my back".....its like a govornorship candidate or presidential candidate down here campaigning that he/she would demolish my house.....if elected,not only would i not vote for him....i would seriously campaign against him.....and also pray that that thunder strike all those that vote for him down.....lol grin.........

(1) (Reply)

Islamophobia kuwait imposes visa ban on five Muslim nations / Breaking: Trump Signs Executive Order Targeting North Korea's Trading Partners / Trump Impeachment Vote To Be Forced On The Floor Of The US House Of Rep

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.