Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,530 members, 7,823,309 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:28 AM

GTB Restricted My Account For Over A Month Now. I Am Not Ok. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / GTB Restricted My Account For Over A Month Now. I Am Not Ok. (17391 Views)

Why I Resigned From My Job After A Month / For About 2 Years Now, I Get Paid For Doing No Work. I Need Advice / Can A Savings Account Be Restricted From Withdrawals? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

GTB Restricted My Account For Over A Month Now. I Am Not Ok. by chocolateme(f): 2:49pm On Nov 08, 2016
A month ago, i aided someone to receive 650k through my GTB account, it was on a Friday so i couldn't transfer it to her Zenith account so i went to do that the upper week (Monday). There is a limit to amount when using phone transfer so i was given a transfer form which i filled and submitted. Minutes later, i got a confirmation that the transfer was successful.
Three or four days later, i went to the ATM but couldn't withdraw, initially i thought it was network issues but it persisted even on the following day. I visited the bank and was told that i did a transfer of more than 500k daily limit policy according to CBN and that's how my discomfort and challenges started. That's the only account i operate. I was told to bring a regulatory ID card but i lost those things then, when my bag was snatched but i still got my national ID CARD (temporal one in paper form)
But they won't accept it, i went to 7 different GTB branches yet no one was helping me out, even all my school IDs and Alumni was not accepted. I proceeded to the Local Government to NIMC office but they said it will take two years for me to get the plastic ID CARD, its Abuja that sends them.
Imagine how i had been surviving on my own and through sis. I already passed through fever and gotten well.. i have applied for international passport and it will still come out in a week or two. Too many challenges everywhere due to lack of fund. Went to the bank once to ask why they even went ahead to process it that day in the first place knowing that i exceeded my limit already and why their system still accepted and transferred it only to block me after that. If i was informed, i would have quickly done the transfer in two or three different days sef. There was no reply from them except that i should bring a regulatory ID CARD. That day i was almost crying sef.
GTB .. This is an unfair treatment to me, inconveniencing me at a very high level and Almost turning me into a borrower with your incompetence in response to customers, i didn't even shout or make noise in the bank for one day. You should always instruct or direct customers in your bank when they are oblivious of certain things.. i will get your much needed regulatory ID CARD (even when my BVN and other things are complete), clear my account and leave your bank for you. I am not doing again.
But all of you that their hands are involved in my issue will experienc what is going on in Zenith Banks currently.
Thanks..
Re: GTB Restricted My Account For Over A Month Now. I Am Not Ok. by oseiwe(m): 3:48pm On Nov 08, 2016
A driver's license takes about two weeks and 15k, go and get one. All Nigerian banks are like that, deposit institutions that you have to identify yourself thoroughly before withdrawing.
Re: GTB Restricted My Account For Over A Month Now. I Am Not Ok. by chocolateme(f): 3:59pm On Nov 08, 2016
oseiwe:
A driver's license takes about two weeks and 15k, go and get one. All Nigerian banks are like that, deposit institutions that you have to identify yourself thoroughly before withdrawing.
i see but in one of the branches, a staff told me that even before a transfer is done, that they were meant to even ask for my ID CARD sef. You see.. they didn't even ask until after it was done. Is it fair? I will drag them to court when i settle it all and calm done.
Re: GTB Restricted My Account For Over A Month Now. I Am Not Ok. by Olizey(m): 4:28pm On Nov 08, 2016
These banks sef. Just yesterday I tried to withdraw from my account and I was told I hadn't linked my bvn to it. I went to customer service and I was told to get an I.d card and birth certificate. On monday when I deposited the money into the account I was not asked for any documents o. Luckily from me, I sent an email to their HQ (maybe you should try that) and today I was able to withdraw without any issues. Although the customer service people still said I should get a valid national I.d before I can proceed but God pass them. To collect money no be wahala, na to give out na Im they go dey give person headache. Anyways I sympathise with you ma'am. Try emailing their HQ. God bless

1 Like

Re: GTB Restricted My Account For Over A Month Now. I Am Not Ok. by buffalowings: 9:37pm On Nov 08, 2016
International passport too

Go to immigration
service

Will be ready in a week
angry

1 Like

Re: GTB Restricted My Account For Over A Month Now. I Am Not Ok. by chocolateme(f): 7:45am On Nov 09, 2016
buffalowings:

International passport too

Go to immigration
service

Will be ready in a week
angry
have done that.
Re: GTB Restricted My Account For Over A Month Now. I Am Not Ok. by An0nimus: 10:17am On Nov 09, 2016
chocolateme:
i see but in one of the branches, a staff told me that even before a transfer is done, that they were meant to even ask for my ID CARD sef. You see.. they didn't even ask until after it was done. Is it fair? I will drag them to court when i settle it all and calm done.

lol what will be the charge?

1 Like

Re: GTB Restricted My Account For Over A Month Now. I Am Not Ok. by chocolateme(f): 11:40pm On Nov 09, 2016
An0nimus:

lol what will be the charge?
i don't even know..
Re: GTB Restricted My Account For Over A Month Now. I Am Not Ok. by modsRbastard: 12:36am On Nov 21, 2016
I've been at this same problem with my Ecobank account over 2months and counting. I basically stash away money in this account transferring from my active account (GT) .

Then came the day I decided to keep the doh busy with an investment and I was told I can't cos my account has been upgraded to Tier 3 and a PND has been placed on my account which they claim is a directive from CBN...i thought it was joke oo. Unfortunately for me, I only have the Temporary voters card (paper type). I did NIM which is valid, gave them the temporary (which they're still gon verify on NIM data page) but they won't accept that either.

Then it dawned on me that this is some kinda conspiracy amongst the bank, CBN and FG to rake in revenue by forcing individuals whose account hasn't been validated with valid ID, once this embargo has been placed on your account, you then have no choice but to opt for the expensive quick fix (international passport and drivers license) hence why the National ID takes years before delivery to you.

Would you believe I transfered some cash to the account and this cantankerous institution accepted it like nothing is wrong shocked.
I know karma will catch up to them, I just wanna be lucky enough to watch while it fold out. This Unscrupulous dimwitted fool-aid brain dead nicompoop made me lose out on some serious 6 figures.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: GTB Restricted My Account For Over A Month Now. I Am Not Ok. by eaddyboy: 6:59pm On Jun 27, 2018
My Gt Bank account got restricted today....WTF I can't believe this is happening!!!

1 Like

Re: GTB Restricted My Account For Over A Month Now. I Am Not Ok. by eaddyboy: 12:24pm On Sep 05, 2018
I forgot to update you guys..after I had followed due process, my account was restored - took about 2weeks though!!

1 Like

Re: GTB Restricted My Account For Over A Month Now. I Am Not Ok. by zuma4k(m): 3:40pm On Sep 14, 2018
eaddyboy:
I forgot to update you guys..after I had followed due process, my account was restored - took about 2weeks though!!
What processes did you follow?
Re: GTB Restricted My Account For Over A Month Now. I Am Not Ok. by eaddyboy: 11:37am On Sep 15, 2018
zuma4k:
What processes did you follow?
I met with the guy that reported my account to his bank as for fraudulent transaction ( His babe - my neighbor, did transfer from his account to mine without his consent, and money has been going from His account before now coz of his girl!! In summary, she did a confession to him and the bank, He then had to reverse the action via his bank!! someone was wrongfully Arrested though!! glad it's over Now

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How Lucrative Is Bsc Building Compare To Bsc Architecture / The Benefits Of Working For Yourself (self- Employed) / Oyo Government Sacks 662 Workers, Distributes Sack Letters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.