Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,707 members, 7,816,907 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:52 PM

My Life In Hilton High School - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Life In Hilton High School (1859 Views)

My Life In Hilton High School- Episode 4-8 (e-books/story) / My Life In Hilton High School- Episode 1-3 (e-book/story) / Eva Nneka's Story: High School Crush To A Forced Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Life In Hilton High School by best36054(m): 6:50pm On Nov 08, 2016
As usual, all right to this story exclusively
belongs to the author (best) and is
protected under law. The title, thoughts,
plots, characters, settings, quotes and all its
content are properties of the author.
No part of this work; either in part or in
whole should be reproduced in any format;
electronic or otherwise without permission
from the author.
Your comments, opinion, criticism are highly
welcomed .
Re: My Life In Hilton High School by best36054(m): 6:53pm On Nov 08, 2016
[b] MY LIFE IN HILTON HIGH SCHOOL (School of the rich) PROLOGUE Life is not all about Money and power, despite the fact that the two is very importunate, but that should not be your goal. Even when you are not born with a silver spoon, learn how to strive. They say success comes when preparation meets opportunity. So prepare and wait for the opportunity to come. *********************************** HILTON HIGH SCHOOL was owned by a business tycoon called Richard Hilton; one of the richest men in Africa. Hilton high school was a school known for its gargantuan building, termed as school of the rich which was absolutely true and Boarding school. Hilton was also known for its outrageous amount of fees which was about 2.5 million per term. The school was situated in Victoria Island (V. I) were only the rich lived. First and foremost my name is God knows the best but people called me best for short because the name was too long. I am 5.11 fit tall, 17 years of age, dark in complexion and handsome, I was the kind of guy girls called ladies guy; but I neither a flirt nor saint. I am the first born from a family of 3 (2 boys and a girl). My family was blessed with extreme brilliant but I was the most outstanding We lived with our mum because my dad was late. Living with single parent was not really easy but according to a saying “if wishes were horses beggars would ride” I wish my dad was alive because living in poverty is not really cool but what can I do about It? According to legend “A man must accept his fate or be destroyed by it”. My dad was a wealthy business man who gained a lot of success while he was alive, life was good, I and my siblings attended one of the best schools, wore designer’s clothes until my dad was assassinated. It all happened when I was in JSS 3. In the midnight of one day, around 11:30pm, there was a strident noise at our door; we knew that they must obviously be armed robbers. They smacked at the door very hard until it was ramshackle. Bouncing in, they shot my dad on the fore head and disappeared into the dark night. What marveled me the most was why they only shot my dad and nothing more and how they easily located my dad. I called them armed robbers because they stole my dad from me. And ever since then, life became a living hell for us; my mother’s business collapsed within a month, my father’s brothers took over his business while we were left with nothing. They claimed my father’s house which we lived in and left us in the mud My mum used the little money that was left with her to rent a room apartment somewhere in Ojo, okokomaiko to be precise. I and my siblings had to be withdrawn from the private school we were attending due to my mum’s inability to meet to the demand of the school. We started a government school while my mum started a petty business which was where we feed from. She d’ sale pap popularly known as ogi. Expectedly the business was not really flourishing, we don’t even expect it to move or can you expect a business that is been set up with not more than 2 thousand naira to fetch good money? As a result, I and my siblings had to embark on hawking in other to boost the economic situation of the business. But yet, it was almost the same, only slightly changes How do I become a student at Hilton? How would life be in Hilton? Who will I meet? How would life be for me being a poor student among those rich kids? Stay tune to find out as the drama entailed in this lesson filled tale begins to unfurl gently[/b]
Re: My Life In Hilton High School by best36054(m): 6:56pm On Nov 08, 2016
[b] EPISODE 1
6:30am I woke up in the morning which was Monday, the first day of school resumption after the long holiday. “I was in SS2 then “at last I finally made it to SS2″ I murmured to myself. I quickly went to the bathroom to take my bath, few minutes later, I was done. I came out to behold my brother and sister still sleeping. “If awards of late coming are to be given, Victor and Amaka would have won millions of it. Seriously, I don’t get why they love coming late. “According to Amaka, she says she hate the assemble because it was always boring. Must that warrant late coming? . Most students hated assembly, me especially but I don’t like to come late. I was known for being early to school, and it made some junior students point fingers at me as their future head boy. But that was not really my target, not that I don’t like being head boy but I look forward to something bigger and flexible, I always see the tag of a head boy as stress rather than a serious migraine…. ********************* I quickly put on my well ironed uniform, gazed at my reflection at the mirror. “fine boy” I said to myself and dashed out. I saw my mother outside in the kitchen; she was making pap as I got outside, I would have loved to help her out but I would be late. So I greeted her and walked down to school. By the time I got to school, people were already lining up for the assembly. We did praises and worship before the principal came on the podium in front of the students to give his speech. Seriously, I hated listening to the crap he called speech as he will keep on blabbing from one topic to the other He started by greeting the students while we all respond in unison. “I have a very serious topic” he started as usual “it’s about a scholarship that had just been brought to my notice” he brought out a piece of paper showing it to the group of students “the scholarship is for the popular school we’ve been hearing about which is the great Hilton high school which we all know as the biggest and best school at Lagos at large. I will like every one of you to pick the form which is just N2000 only and be among the 10 people that would be rewarded with the scholarship to Hilton. Although more than a thousand of people would be sitting for the exam, only the best 10 would be picked from JSS1 to SSS2. As a result, I advise you purchase the form and sit for the scholarship exam which will commence next week. You never knew if you could make it” the principal advised while I noticed some students jubilating as though they have been given scholarship already. Worst of all, I even saw Emmanuel who was known as the dullest student jumping up like an Imo state masquerade. “So are you going to purchase the form?” someone asked me from behind. I swiftly turned back to behold Deborah Deborah was my classmate; we have been class mate since JSS 3. She had this crush on me but I don’t really feel anything for her. Don’t blame me because she was very fat. Her dad was loaded; I don’t know why she had to attend government owned school. All the same, everything has a reason. “I don’t think so” I muttered calmly with the intention of taking my leave because I don’t really like talking to her. That was my nature; i hate talking to fat and ugly girls as their chats was always boring. I left her and went to my class to sit down. Immediately I sat, down I behold her. Who? Her name was Benita, one of the most beautiful being the great almighty God has ever created. Rumors had it that the lord spent 2 weeks in creating her. She has what I called killing point and massive curve, she looked like Nadia Buhari but more beautiful. Benita was my crush, she was every guys dream. She do not date anybody at school, she don’t even talk to me that much. Just normal classmate talks She believed that none of the guys at school were up to her standard. She was cat walking to her sit like a royal princess. I was busy staring at her before I heard my name. “Best!!!!! I quickly turned to my right to see who was calling me “Best, your eye go blind because of Benita” a boy said from behind. “Fool. na your eye go blind ” I fired back at him. Immediately the literature teacher came to our class and everyone composed him/ herself. She was a female whose name was Miss Cynthia. A young beautiful Igbo lady though very ruthless and wicked. Everybody was afraid of her because she always bombards us with questions. “So Samuel what is Onomatopia” she asked pointing at one of the dullest student at the back. “onomatopia means the—-……… ” Samuel was stuttering while the girls at the back were busy laughing. ” Just take a look at yourself, a full grown up man like you, don’t even know the meaning of onomatopia, go on your kneels” she shouted “I am talking to you and you are still standing ” Samuel quickly knelt down. “So Benita, what’s onomatopia ” she asked Benita. She stood dumb as sweat drenched her beautiful face. ” ma—onomatopia is – – – – ” she was stammering. ” onomatopia simply means sounds imitation ” I said from behind while the whole student stared at me in astonishment. Miss Cynthia on the other hand gave me a deadly look which made me shivered in fear. ” what is innuendo ” she asked me why I started starring at the ceiling as if the answers were there. “I said what innuendo Mr. I too know. You wanted to save her because she is your girl friend right?” Miss Cynthia asked “God forbid! He is not my boy friend ooo” Benita said in disgust What shall it profit a man to help the girl he likes and loses his soul? To be continued [/b]
Re: My Life In Hilton High School by bigbauer(m): 12:18pm On Dec 13, 2016
Keep it coming,
BTW, FTC
lalasticlala kindly move this to FP,
lalasti .clala.
Re: My Life In Hilton High School by Weirdman: 9:20pm On Dec 13, 2016
Nice story Plz keep it coming

(1) (Reply)

A Fiction: Sex Village (updated) / After Her Heart / The Player And The Cele Girl (short story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.