Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,837 members, 7,817,478 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:56 PM

Childless Woman Steals Baby In Akwa Ibom (Photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Childless Woman Steals Baby In Akwa Ibom (Photo) (25642 Views)

Lady Steals Baby From Housemaid During Church Service (Photos) / How Childless Woman Was Beaten And Burnt To Death For Stealing Baby In Hospital. / Childless Woman Commits Suicide In Anambra By Hanging (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Childless Woman Steals Baby In Akwa Ibom (Photo) by Islie: 8:43am On Nov 09, 2016
A’Ibom police arrest woman for stealing baby

Etim Ekpimah, Uyo

The Akwa Ibom State Police Command has arrested a 30-year old woman, Peace Chukwuemeka, for stealing a month-old baby from her mother.

It was alleged that Chukwuemeka drugged the mother of the baby before stealing the child.

The state Police Commissioner, Mr. Murtala Mani, said this while speaking with journalists on the activities of the command in Uyo on Tuesday.

Mani, who spoke through the Police Public Relations Officer in the state, Cordelia Nwawe, stated that the suspect lived in the same compound with the mother of the baby at Mbak Itam in Itu Local Government Area.

He added that the family unit of the command, acting on intelligence, rescued the baby and handed it over to the mother.

“Let us say clearly that in the month of November, the Acid Section through the Family Unit of the Nigeria Police Force in Akwa Ibom was able to record a great feat by bringing back a one-month-and-some-few-days-old baby to her mother in Akwa Ibom.

“The suspected woman, who has been married for some years without giving birth to a baby, left Lagos State for Uyo, stayed in a compound in Mbak Itam with the intention to steal a baby from her neighbour.

“The Family Unit of the command, through intelligence report, was able to rescue the baby,” Mani said.

Mani added that the police also rescued a four-year-old boy from a young man, who snatched him from his mother at gun point.

Confessing to the crime, Peace Chukwuemeka, said she had married for 10 years without giving birth to a child and had been desperate to have a baby.
She, however, denied drugging the mother of the baby.

“I did not give anything to the mother; it was a coincidence that she was asleep and seized that opportunity to take the baby.

“I have been married for 10 years now, so I need a baby of my own. I took the baby to my mother in the village but she refused to collect her from me. I came back to Akwa Ibom and the mother of the baby started asking me of her baby and I was arrested,” Chukwuemeka confessed.

http://punchng.com/aibom-police-arrest-woman-stealing-baby/

1 Like

Re: Childless Woman Steals Baby In Akwa Ibom (Photo) by omamush(f): 8:50am On Nov 09, 2016
too bad.. when there are many orphanages to adopt a child from

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Childless Woman Steals Baby In Akwa Ibom (Photo) by justi4jesu(f): 1:26pm On Nov 09, 2016
And you couldn't adopt? God bless that your mother that refused to collect a stolen baby sad

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Childless Woman Steals Baby In Akwa Ibom (Photo) by Nobody: 1:27pm On Nov 09, 2016
Stealing another person's child doesn't end your childlessness.

It only makes you a nanny to another person's child. Why not adopt then?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Childless Woman Steals Baby In Akwa Ibom (Photo) by hemartins(m): 1:27pm On Nov 09, 2016
There is no right way in doing the wrong thing.

Be patient and God will bless you with a baby.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Childless Woman Steals Baby In Akwa Ibom (Photo) by montezz(f): 1:27pm On Nov 09, 2016
omamush:
too bad.. when there are many orphanages to adopt a child from
My thoughts too.
Why steal a baby to cover up for ur barrenness?

2 Likes

Re: Childless Woman Steals Baby In Akwa Ibom (Photo) by RealAdewole(m): 1:28pm On Nov 09, 2016
hmmmmmm

Crime rate these days is now more than alarming
Re: Childless Woman Steals Baby In Akwa Ibom (Photo) by OJUcrook: 1:28pm On Nov 09, 2016
What is the womans name? PEACE CHUKWUEMEKA. I know it must be them.

8 Likes

Re: Childless Woman Steals Baby In Akwa Ibom (Photo) by gloriousangel7: 1:29pm On Nov 09, 2016
that too bad....all things are possible with God. you should be patient..

i travel from country to country and only God made it possible.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Childless Woman Steals Baby In Akwa Ibom (Photo) by damton(m): 1:29pm On Nov 09, 2016
It seems there is more to this than meets the eye

2 Likes

Re: Childless Woman Steals Baby In Akwa Ibom (Photo) by Agimor(m): 1:29pm On Nov 09, 2016
IPOB at it again.. grin

8 Likes

Re: Childless Woman Steals Baby In Akwa Ibom (Photo) by Yomi6(m): 1:29pm On Nov 09, 2016
Why do Nigerians still see adoption as a taboo.?
If you can't have your own child why not adopt.

3 Likes

Re: Childless Woman Steals Baby In Akwa Ibom (Photo) by bowesley: 1:30pm On Nov 09, 2016
Orphanage went on strike abi, what a lame excuse

1 Like

Re: Childless Woman Steals Baby In Akwa Ibom (Photo) by etinanguy(m): 1:30pm On Nov 09, 2016
D
Re: Childless Woman Steals Baby In Akwa Ibom (Photo) by Coldfeet(f): 1:31pm On Nov 09, 2016
undecided ayam not understand o.

Is that picture the thief or owner?

1 Like

Re: Childless Woman Steals Baby In Akwa Ibom (Photo) by anonymuz(m): 1:31pm On Nov 09, 2016
She could have been patient and rely on God. Or better still,try another man.
Re: Childless Woman Steals Baby In Akwa Ibom (Photo) by MCFRESH(m): 1:32pm On Nov 09, 2016
too too bad!

Anyway, My neighbour came back drunk dis evening.... He has been knocking at his door for over 2hours Now.... And he stays alone...... Should I go and tell him that he is not around?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Childless Woman Steals Baby In Akwa Ibom (Photo) by IYANGBALI: 1:32pm On Nov 09, 2016
I only came to check names. Flat head jews, there is nothing they cannot steal,thank God preek and toto are not detachable,dem for dey steal and sell dem too tongue tongue tongue tongue

4 Likes

Re: Childless Woman Steals Baby In Akwa Ibom (Photo) by IYANGBALI: 1:33pm On Nov 09, 2016
OJUcrook:
What is the womans name? PEACE CHUKWUEMEKA. I know it must be them.
na dem now,the flat heads

5 Likes

Re: Childless Woman Steals Baby In Akwa Ibom (Photo) by Young03(m): 1:35pm On Nov 09, 2016
too bad
Re: Childless Woman Steals Baby In Akwa Ibom (Photo) by Thermodynamics(m): 1:35pm On Nov 09, 2016
ok
Re: Childless Woman Steals Baby In Akwa Ibom (Photo) by wellmax(m): 1:37pm On Nov 09, 2016
You for just go adopt jejely and save yourself from this embarrassment.

What if her husband is impotent and he knows it, wouldn't he wonder how the child came to be?
Re: Childless Woman Steals Baby In Akwa Ibom (Photo) by PARAHH(f): 1:37pm On Nov 09, 2016
that's really bad
Re: Childless Woman Steals Baby In Akwa Ibom (Photo) by tuna4servi(m): 1:38pm On Nov 09, 2016
Ehya,God wil give u urs just be patient and prayerful

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Childless Woman Steals Baby In Akwa Ibom (Photo) by Tunmmyzhe: 1:41pm On Nov 09, 2016
Peace Chukwuemeka 30

married at 20 right ?

Ipob at it again !!!!

Omo Yoruba ni mi o!!!;

3 Likes

Re: Childless Woman Steals Baby In Akwa Ibom (Photo) by Princy13: 1:41pm On Nov 09, 2016
...''should we continue to sin that the grace of God may abound?

In translation : Should you commit crime to solve your predicament when they are other alternatives and upon ''interrogation'' you cry for pity?

What is bad is bad.No excuses.Ma'am you would be dealt with squarely.You not different from a criminal.

2 Likes

Re: Childless Woman Steals Baby In Akwa Ibom (Photo) by Ramanto(m): 1:45pm On Nov 09, 2016
she said she needed a baby of her own, but still went ahead to steal another's baby. how is that a baby of hers?
Re: Childless Woman Steals Baby In Akwa Ibom (Photo) by Btruth: 1:46pm On Nov 09, 2016
Oh! You would have just wait a little bit for God to do His thing. No one can help God. And besides, you are still very young to start worrying yourself that you will not have a child.

Truly, if God can do it for Trump in respite of so many critics of his (which I am one of them), then, there's no one God cannot surprises.
Re: Childless Woman Steals Baby In Akwa Ibom (Photo) by Pavore9: 1:46pm On Nov 09, 2016
Heartless woman! angry

OP, why post the picture of a mother and child that got nothing to do with the story! shocked
Re: Childless Woman Steals Baby In Akwa Ibom (Photo) by nkypat: 1:46pm On Nov 09, 2016
Peace chukwuemeka,are you a muslim?you are still young naaa why stealing?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fake Police "Inspector" On Patrol Caught With His "Junior" Colleague (Video) / EFCC Arrests 9 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Edo (Photos) / 27-yr-old Lady Dies From Boyfriend’s Acid Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.