Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,416 members, 7,830,106 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:18 PM

Do Black Americans Hate Donald Trump? - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Do Black Americans Hate Donald Trump? (461 Views)

Do Black Lives Matter In Belgium? / Trump To Black Americans- What Do You Have To Lose? / Donald Trump Cries Of Political Witch Hunt, Americans React. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Do Black Americans Hate Donald Trump? by sameehunter11: 3:57pm On Nov 09, 2016
I listened to someone on CNN voice passionately on how to explain to his kids that Trump won. How a repulsive, bigot, foulmouthed unprepared bully became the president elect. #whitelash
I am black; don't live in the US so maybe that’s why I can't comprehend where all the fear is coming from. Perhaps I can get a bit of help from the folks out there.
Now that 'majority' of the American people decided on Trump, perhaps they'd rather buy into his ideology or they couldn't find it in their heart to vote Hillary. What next?
Obamacare? As an outsider, I don't understand this, but the number of Americans I have spoken to have always seemed a bit negative about it...perhaps I know too many 'white males'
#blacklivesmatter: Is the US expecting new laws under a Hillary administration that is going to make the police look on black people more like full human beings instead of target practice boards? I’d like to understand how either of the two candidates was going to make black lives matter more than it does now. Cause I don’t think you can legislate ‘like’ but you can enforce ‘respect’ though. Perhaps that’s why Hillary was so much desirable?
What have the black people of America gotten from the democratic administration and what is it about Trump that they detest so much.
Recently, spent a bit of time down in Florida, perhaps it’s me but the blacks I have met there 'hate' the fact that more people now speak Spanish than English, they complain that the Mexican/Latino immigrants have taken over their states even their jobs. So I would assume whatever Trump rhetoric’s on Mexican illegal immigrants, that'd be a plus for black Americans. Perhaps that’s why Trump why won in Florida?
As for racism, I get discriminated against more by the American blacks than white people (my Africo accent makes me a sub-standard blackman, an illegal immigrant and most likely a leech) and I get treated as such.
Perhaps it's his treatment of women? That is totally unjustifiable but thought black people would relate more to him on that level. I mean, we are the worst offenders when it comes to objectifying women, we coined hoes, baby mamas etc., our role models are defined by how much money they have and how they roll (the cars, the bling’s and the bi**&es they pull), we even give thumbs up to the PIMPs, the quintessential Blackman in the gaudy clothes that sells his 'girlfriends' on the side and keeps them in line through violence.
So pardon me if I feel it’s a bit hypocritical for black people to condemn Trump for his words and possible actions (let the law deal with his actions) and take his words as words. As played out in the voting, white males already passed it off as ‘locker room talk’ and still voted him.
So where does that leave us? Illegal immigration? It is always difficult to make people accept others. force them at your own peril, it is a nationalistic thing and it didn’t start in the US, it has been building gradually through the western world and it will continue to build, trust me...Brexit and the US won't be the last of people rebelling due to what they perceive as an infiltration of their way of life by people they don't like.
No matter how much name calling, 'dumb, stupid, uninformed, hate filled etc.' people still have emotions that can be appealed to and they will act out based on their emotions, even if we the ‘informed and righteous’ know better and try to tell them different. It’s just human nature, the same way we cannot comprehend how ‘stupid and hateful’ they are for their actions it’s the same incredulous way they’ll probably look at our actions too.
I am sure I have missed a lot of things, even lost the plot of the write-up. but I still need someone to help break it down for me....why do Black Americans hate Trump so much and why is his election a disaster of worldwide proportions?
PS: I am not going to touch on the Muslim, terrorism angle. Too complex. But then if that's it, I’d like to be educated.
Also I haven’t even considered that maybe I am wrong, and Black Americans do like Trump and that’s why he won.  
Re: Do Black Americans Hate Donald Trump? by Ovokoo: 4:00pm On Nov 09, 2016
Like Igbos like African Americans. Now Trump will have do deal with African Americans for not voting for him like Buhari is doing to Igbos. ha ha.

(1) (Reply)

OPEC Closer To Oil Output Deal; Iran Gets New Offer / North Korea’s Nuclear Threat To U.S.: “it Won’t Happen!” Donald Trump Fires Back / Jewish Rabbi Providing Evidence Israel Should NOT Exist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.