Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,139 members, 7,818,431 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:25 PM

Obama Says America Now ‘rooting’ For Trump Success - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Obama Says America Now ‘rooting’ For Trump Success (355 Views)

See How Trump Defended Putin: Says America Isn't Innocent / Trump Defends Putin ,Says America Does A Lot Of Killing Also / Obama Says America Will Deal With Russia For Interfering In Their Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Obama Says America Now ‘rooting’ For Trump Success by nobilist(m): 7:50pm On Nov 09, 2016
US President Barack Obama (R) together with Vice
President Joe Biden (L) addresses the nation publicly
for the first time since the shock election of Donald
Trump as his successor, on November 9, 2016 at the
White House in Washnigton, D.C.
Throughout the two-year-long election campaign,
Obama has repeated a mantra that he will do all he
can to ensure the peaceful transition of power. / AFP
PHOTO / Nicholas Kamm
President Barack Obama said Wednesday he was
encouraged by Donald Trump’s efforts to reach out to
fellow Americans after a bitter election, and that the
country was “rooting” for his success as head of
state.
Obama said he had instructed his team to work hard
to ensure a successful transition for the Republican
billionaire, “because we are now all rooting for his
success in uniting and leading the country.”
“We are Americans first. We’re patriots first. We all
want what’s best for this country,” Obama said. “That’s what I heard in Mr Trump’s remarks last
night. That’s what I heard when I spoke to him
directly. And I was heartened by that.”

m.guardian.ng/news/obama-says-america-now-rooting-for-trump-success/

(1) (Reply)

Let's Cool Off - Trump Vs Hillary Clinton Rap Video / Cuba's Fidel Castro, Former President, Dies Aged 90 / #recount2016: US Candidate Files For Recounting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.