Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,324 members, 7,836,391 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:55 AM

I Want To Give Power Back To The Church – Donald Trump - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / I Want To Give Power Back To The Church – Donald Trump (708 Views)

Video Of A Pastor Laying Heavy Curse On The Church Altar / President Trump Claims No President Has Ever Done As Much As Him For The Church / Capitalism And The Church The Way Forward (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Give Power Back To The Church – Donald Trump by Solo84(m): 9:15am On Nov 10, 2016
In an exclusive interview with The Brody File, Donald Trump wants to see Christian pastors speak more boldly from the pulpit because as he sees it, “the church has to have more power.” He’s referring to the passage of The Johnson Amendment in which the U.S. tax code was altered so that tax-exempt organizations (like churches in many instances) would not be allowed to endorse or oppose political candidates.

Trump says the federal government should never have done that. “They’ve taken a lot of the power away from the church. I want to give power back to the church. … Christianity is really being chopped; little by little it’s being taken away.”

Trump continues: “I want pastors and ministers to be able and get up and speak on behalf of Christianity, and they’re afraid to do it right now because they don’t want to lose their tax exempt status. We will take care of that.”

The Brody File has interviewed Trump numerous times, and this is the first time he’s ever mentioned the Johnson amendment as it relates to pastors speaking out from the pulpit.

Trump leads with evangelicals in South Carolina. His no-nonsense strong approach is attractive to some evangelicals. In public, he can be rough around the edges for sure but his narrative is of a guy who gets things done.

His brand is accomplishment and so when he says he’s going to “take care of the evangelicals” and start winning again for Christianity, many people believe him at face value. It’s a great “trump” card to have in your political hip pocket.

http://www.amredeemed.com/signs-times/i-want-to-give-power-back-to-the-church-donald-trump/

Re: I Want To Give Power Back To The Church – Donald Trump by midehi2(f): 9:17am On Nov 10, 2016
nice start
Re: I Want To Give Power Back To The Church – Donald Trump by onomeasike: 9:37am On Nov 10, 2016
Time for Reverend Kukah to relocate to America.
Re: I Want To Give Power Back To The Church – Donald Trump by pode(m): 1:48pm On Nov 10, 2016
Bravo sir God bless you

(1) (Reply)

See The Beautify House Obama And Family Are Moving Into. / Christian Governor Is Jailed For Two Years For Blasphemy Against Islam / Russian President Putin Is Reacher Than Bill Gates And Jeff Bezos Combined

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.