Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,538 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

Etisalat Flash Fiction Competition (best Story So Far) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Etisalat Flash Fiction Competition (best Story So Far) (647 Views)

Ghosts In Corpers Lodge - Best Story So Far / What is the Best Story you have ever read on Nairaland? - A Thread for Passion / What's The Best Story You've Ever Read Here On Literature Forum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Etisalat Flash Fiction Competition (best Story So Far) by LeMubs(f): 9:18am On Nov 10, 2016
******* MY FIRST LOVE

He had the most beautiful eyes.The pair, blue to a fault, almost unreal; my heart would skip a million beats when ever our eyes met.I would get butterflies whenever his cheeks dimpled, and the corners of his eyes wrinkled. Our friends teased him about his oddly shaped head:like an acorn his head was cone-shaped,one look at it would remind me of the dinosaurs in Jurassic park. However I was indifferent,I accepted his flaws and idolized him. His name was Mevi and he was the newest boy in my class.

"Mevi smiled at me" said Tanya, the daughter of our english teacher one day during break time. I felt betrayed. How could Mevi do that to me?. Tanya was the prettiest girl in our class,her gap tooth and dimples singled her out and she was obviously prettier than I was but then, Mevi belonged to me;he was my precious.

"Mevi touched my face" Mapo blurted during our walk home. I shuddered. Mapo was a girl with a petite figure and I was round and fat like a mortar. Almost instantly,I coveted her body,maybe Mevi liked petite girls.
I was wrapped in a cloak of uncertainty:when will Mevi talk to me?

Then one day,he came to my seat and asked if he could borrow my pencil, tears of happiness flooded my heart as I handed him my neatly sharpened pencil. Our hands accidentally touched and I felt as though I was touched by an angel. He was back to borrow my book;then my eraser and then my ruler but Mevi never smiled at me like he did to Tanya; he never touched my face.
The next week at school Mevi was absent,he never returned. I was inconsolable,he was my first love and he left with my heart.

Here is a link to vote for the story

https://prize.etisalat.com.ng/flash-fiction/voteall.php?id=696

it won't take your time
Just click on the like (thumb) button,confirm your facebook details and wait for the number of likes to increase.
God bless you.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Etisalat Flash Fiction Competition (best Story So Far) by HelenaG(f): 1:25am On Nov 12, 2016
Want to trade votes?
Re: Etisalat Flash Fiction Competition (best Story So Far) by LeMubs(f): 12:02pm On Nov 12, 2016
HelenaG:
Want to trade votes?

Sure
Re: Etisalat Flash Fiction Competition (best Story So Far) by HelenaG(f): 2:24pm On Nov 12, 2016
Hi LeMubs, Iv just voted for you. Kindly reciprocate. My link is https://prize.etisalat.com.ng/flash-fiction/voteall.php?id=2454

Thank you

LeMubs:

Sure
Re: Etisalat Flash Fiction Competition (best Story So Far) by LeMubs(f): 5:44pm On Nov 12, 2016
HelenaG:

Hi LeMubs, Iv just voted for you. Kindly reciprocate. My link is https://prize.etisalat.com.ng/flash-fiction/voteall.php?id=2454

Thank you

Thanks so much
I'm on your page rn

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Lust / Which Of This Three Men Do You Prefer???? / The Asaba Massacre Book-reading

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.