Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,913 members, 7,828,193 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:40 AM

Shocking - See The Final Results Of The American Election (photos) - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Shocking - See The Final Results Of The American Election (photos) (1415 Views)

President Trump Releases Guidelines For Opening Up The American Economy / 88 Years Cameroonian President Campaigning For Re-election (photos) / Trump And Clinton's Supporters Fight Outside White House Over Election Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shocking - See The Final Results Of The American Election (photos) by Dexti: 3:57pm On Nov 10, 2016
[img]http://2.bp..com/-IT7ExtdzFYw/WCQZXZrBP5I/AAAAAAAAzA8/wNmHmrm71c46RVUNInOv5CLJwroKycqOwCLcB/s1600/AMERICA%2B3.jpg[/img]

For those who are still not sure, Hillary
Clinton won the election.If she's from any
other country of the world, any country
apart from US with their Electoral College,she is the president today.
[img]http://4.bp..com/-HvEJLEeEprc/WCQZ44_UY-I/AAAAAAAAzBM/-3CPgKJvYQw-hPH5Xa1q7lV-KuMNz3yIQCLcB/s1600/PHOTO1.jpg[/img]
People should be praising Hillary Clinton for defeating a man in such a strong contest as evident in the official results. But some peoples' focus is how to rubbish a prophet ignorantly. It is well!

Source... [url=http://ngtag..co.id/2016/11/shocking-see-final-results-of-american.html?m=1[/url]
Re: Shocking - See The Final Results Of The American Election (photos) by tuniski: 4:03pm On Nov 10, 2016
Clinton is the peoples choice however, she knows the system too well to have been beaten by it! Trump the vessel of uncertainties . I hope his presidency won't Slow our recovery from this crippling recession.
Re: Shocking - See The Final Results Of The American Election (photos) by sirfee(m): 4:03pm On Nov 10, 2016
Sincerely speaking I'm confused,can anyone explain this to me better.I need facts not suggestions

2 Likes

Re: Shocking - See The Final Results Of The American Election (photos) by tuniski: 4:09pm On Nov 10, 2016
sirfee:
Sincerely speaking I'm confused,can anyone explain this to me better.I need facts not suggestions
The American system allocates electors per state and has 538 electors. Therefore, to win the presidency u need 270 electors. It is therefore possible to win the presidency and not win the highest total votes nationally.
Imagine say Kano that gave buhari 1.9m votes only has 30 electors, it doesn't matter whether buhari won the state with 1.9m or 1000 votes he gets the 30 electors! Big margin wins in a state is of no consequence. Just win it!
This is however happening only the 5th time in US history with the most recent being that of Bush Jr Vs Al Gore in 2000.Al Gore then VP and democrat candidate won the popular votes with over 500000 but 267 electors while Bush Jr won the electoral college votes 271 to become president.
Re: Shocking - See The Final Results Of The American Election (photos) by sweerychick(f): 4:21pm On Nov 10, 2016
sirfee:
in the U.S there are two types of vote, electoral votes ( which is 270, you need to pass that number to be the next president of the U.S, DT won 288.) and popular votes, the electoral votes makes you the winner. Hillary won the popular votes but Donald trump won the electoral votes.. A similar thing in Nigeria is when you win about 2/3 majority across Nigeria.. Clinton majorly won in democratic strongholds ( remember population varies in some states in the US). While trump had a wide spread!!
Re: Shocking - See The Final Results Of The American Election (photos) by gebest: 4:33pm On Nov 10, 2016
pls pls pls, somebody should come to my aid o my head wan scatter, how can somebody get d highest number of votes, yet e no win. I NEED AN EXPLANATION O
Re: Shocking - See The Final Results Of The American Election (photos) by whyx06(m): 4:48pm On Nov 10, 2016
Thanks for the explanation....
Re: Shocking - See The Final Results Of The American Election (photos) by Opinedecandid(m): 4:53pm On Nov 10, 2016
sirfee:

#FactsNotSuggestions as always the case here
Re: Shocking - See The Final Results Of The American Election (photos) by sirfee(m): 5:01pm On Nov 10, 2016
sweerychick:
in the U.S there are two types of vote, electoral votes ( which is 270, you need to pass that number to be the next president of the U.S, DT won 288.) and popular votes, the electoral votes makes you the winner. Hillary won the popular votes but Donald trump won the electoral votes.. A similar thing in Nigeria is when you win about 2/3 majority across Nigeria.. Clinton majorly won in democratic strongholds ( remember population varies in some states in the US). While trump had a wide spread!!
thank u but the electoral college votes is not the same across the country e.g Ohio,Florida,New Hampsire why do you have any idea
Re: Shocking - See The Final Results Of The American Election (photos) by MrPolitics: 5:01pm On Nov 10, 2016
sirfee:

Each state in the US is given electoral votes according to their economic importance (more attestation to inequality in that country).

California as the most economically important state in the US has the most electoral votes which is 55. Some states have just 1. All 50 states total 538 electoral votes (270 needed to win). To get the electoral votes u need to win the state. It doesn't matter if it's by 1 vote or 1million votes, as long as you win the state.
The winner of the state votes takes all the electoral votes from that state.

While hillary had more popular votes, trump won the more economically important states and so got the most electoral votes.

Funny enough hillary won california and took all 55 votes but she still couldn't get to 270

3 Likes

Re: Shocking - See The Final Results Of The American Election (photos) by MrPolitics: 5:03pm On Nov 10, 2016
gebest:
pls pls pls, somebody should come to my aid o my head wan scatter, how can somebody get d highest number of votes, yet e no win. I NEED AN EXPLANATION O

Just explained it 2 posts down
Re: Shocking - See The Final Results Of The American Election (photos) by sirfee(m): 5:05pm On Nov 10, 2016
MrPolitics:

Each state in the US is given electoral votes according to their economic importance (more attestation to inequality in that country).

California as the most economically important state in the US has the most electoral votes which is 55. Some states have just 1. All 50 states total 538 electoral votes (270 needed to win). To get the electoral votes u need to win the state. It doesn't matter if it's by 1 vote or 1million votes, as long as you win the state.
The winner of the state votes takes all the electoral votes from that state.

While hillary had more popular votes, trump won the more economically important states and so got the most electoral votes.

Funny enough hillary won california and took all 55 votes but she still couldn't get to 270
thank u

1 Like

Re: Shocking - See The Final Results Of The American Election (photos) by sirfee(m): 5:08pm On Nov 10, 2016
Opinedecandid:

#FactsNotSuggestions as always the case here
lol no let dem come for u ooh!
Re: Shocking - See The Final Results Of The American Election (photos) by sirfee(m): 5:10pm On Nov 10, 2016
tuniski:

The American system allocates electors per state and has 538 electors. Therefore, to win the presidency u need 270 electors. It is therefore possible to win the presidency and not win the highest total votes nationally.
Imagine say Kano that gave buhari 1.9m votes only has 30 electors, it doesn't matter whether buhari won the state with 1.9m or 1000 votes he gets the 30 electors! Big margin wins in a state is of no consequence. Just win it!
This is however happening only the 5th time in US history with the most recent being that of Bush Jr Vs Al Gore in 2000.Al Gore then VP and democrat candidate won the popular votes with over 500000 but 267 electors while Bush Jr won the electoral college votes 271 to become president.
thank u
Re: Shocking - See The Final Results Of The American Election (photos) by sweerychick(f): 5:18pm On Nov 10, 2016
sirfee:
thank u but the electoral college votes is not the same across the country e.g Ohio,Florida,New Hampsire why do you have any idea
I think it has to do with size and population, for instance California has electoral college of 55, Florida 29 and etc
Re: Shocking - See The Final Results Of The American Election (photos) by sirfee(m): 5:36pm On Nov 10, 2016
sweerychick:
I think it has to do with size and population, for instance California has electoral college of 55, Florida 29 and etc
thanks I really appreciate it.More wisdom,knowledge and understand to you all

1 Like

Re: Shocking - See The Final Results Of The American Election (photos) by Nobody: 6:33pm On Nov 10, 2016
It's a system that could work in Africa if the states were substituted with tribes so that tribes with bigger population do not stay in power indefinitely at the expense of smaller tribes.
Re: Shocking - See The Final Results Of The American Election (photos) by Rossikk(m): 6:44pm On Nov 10, 2016
Muafrika2:
It's a system that could work in Africa if the states were substituted with tribes so that tribes with bigger population do not stay in power indefinitely at the expense of smaller tribes.
Ethnic groups, not "tribes".
Re: Shocking - See The Final Results Of The American Election (photos) by Nobody: 6:47pm On Nov 10, 2016
Rossikk:
Ethnic groups, not "tribes".
Alright.
Re: Shocking - See The Final Results Of The American Election (photos) by oglalasioux(m): 9:10pm On Nov 10, 2016
Dexti:

[img]http://2.bp..com/-IT7ExtdzFYw/WCQZXZrBP5I/AAAAAAAAzA8/wNmHmrm71c46RVUNInOv5CLJwroKycqOwCLcB/s1600/AMERICA%2B3.jpg[/img]

For those who are still not sure, Hillary
Clinton won the election.If she's from any
other country of the world, any country
apart from US with their Electoral College,she is the president today.
[img]http://4.bp..com/-HvEJLEeEprc/WCQZ44_UY-I/AAAAAAAAzBM/-3CPgKJvYQw-hPH5Xa1q7lV-KuMNz3yIQCLcB/s1600/PHOTO1.jpg[/img]
People should be praising Hillary Clinton for defeating a man in such a strong contest as evident in the official results. But some peoples' focus is how to rubbish a prophet ignorantly. It is well!

Source... [url=http://ngtag..co.id/2016/11/shocking-see-final-results-of-american.html?m=1[/url]

This cannot prove T.B Joshua right. America has a system and all predictions should follow that system. You can't shift a goal post in the middle of a game. The prophet failed in his prophecy and nothing can change that fact.

(1) (Reply)

Breaking -USA Sends Two Patriot Missile Defence Battery Systems To Poland / Niagara Falls Illuminated Blue To Announce Sex Of Royal Baby / Kim Jong-un Sentenced His Uncle To Be Eaten Alive By 120 Wild Dogs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.