Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,787 members, 7,956,009 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 09:13 PM

Soyinka Risks Jail Term If He Cuts The Green Card: Legal Expert - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Soyinka Risks Jail Term If He Cuts The Green Card: Legal Expert (26579 Views)

Shadows Of The Green / Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka / Wole Soyinka: "I Will Tear My Green Card If Donald Trump Wins" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soyinka Risks Jail Term If He Cuts The Green Card: Legal Expert by abatisegun: 2:44pm On Nov 11, 2016
Hope Shoyinka is not style style boycotting d tearing of his green card by using law

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Risks Jail Term If He Cuts The Green Card: Legal Expert by lastmessenger: 2:44pm On Nov 11, 2016
With or without jail term soyinka can never tear his green card. Do u know how much it too him to get that green card.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Risks Jail Term If He Cuts The Green Card: Legal Expert by eponoloyin: 2:44pm On Nov 11, 2016
olori pelebes carrying soyinka matter for head
oloshi people
Re: Soyinka Risks Jail Term If He Cuts The Green Card: Legal Expert by Lucasbalo(m): 2:49pm On Nov 11, 2016
AfonjaStinks:
That's the biggest lie in the world

You can destroy your green card

You can burn the American flag in front of the police and nothing will happen

This is part of the 5th amendment

If someone is brave enough to bet 3 million naira, i will video myself during my green card
You are absolutely right. Typical no nothing Nigerian lawyer. I can burn my American passport and I can even burn an American flag in front of White House and nothing will happen to me.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Risks Jail Term If He Cuts The Green Card: Legal Expert by Sunnylink(m): 2:49pm On Nov 11, 2016
Soyinka abeg no play with USA oh, there no be Naija fa

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Risks Jail Term If He Cuts The Green Card: Legal Expert by DONFAITH: 2:51pm On Nov 11, 2016
He's not going to any jail, am sure he paid those legal experts to say that.

Re: Soyinka Risks Jail Term If He Cuts The Green Card: Legal Expert by ngmgeek(m): 2:51pm On Nov 11, 2016
Soyinka thought he has 'Nigerian' Green Card cheesy
Re: Soyinka Risks Jail Term If He Cuts The Green Card: Legal Expert by Lucasbalo(m): 2:54pm On Nov 11, 2016
Jarizod:
If na like this una dey carry Naija matters for head Naija for great pass America gan
God bless you for that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soyinka Risks Jail Term If He Cuts The Green Card: Legal Expert by ngmgeek(m): 2:54pm On Nov 11, 2016
He may have been contacted by the state department about such a threat and his may be barred from re-entry to the US.
Re: Soyinka Risks Jail Term If He Cuts The Green Card: Legal Expert by desire222(f): 2:55pm On Nov 11, 2016
What is he still Waiting for. He should cut it already. He thought that nothing in this world will make Trump to win, hence the statement he made. But God has shown them that nothing is impossible.
Re: Soyinka Risks Jail Term If He Cuts The Green Card: Legal Expert by fourthworld: 2:55pm On Nov 11, 2016
Sharafawizkidayo:
Prof. wole soyinka, pls i beg of u, dont tear ur green card, we know that u dont like this donald trump, but trust me, even i dont like him either, bt they is nting anybody can do abt it

Hahahagahgaha, tear green card? We know people that carries out their threaths, not spineless snails. Green card tearer
Re: Soyinka Risks Jail Term If He Cuts The Green Card: Legal Expert by Nobody: 2:56pm On Nov 11, 2016
He must tear it o! If e enter jail e go see him mate there.
Re: Soyinka Risks Jail Term If He Cuts The Green Card: Legal Expert by dunkem21(m): 2:56pm On Nov 11, 2016
Re: Soyinka Risks Jail Term If He Cuts The Green Card: Legal Expert by desire222(f): 2:57pm On Nov 11, 2016
You are right. Just to avoid the shame of not doing what he said. White hair is not the yardstick to measure wisdom after all .

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Risks Jail Term If He Cuts The Green Card: Legal Expert by 2016easy2017: 2:59pm On Nov 11, 2016
he's gonna be jailed already by trump he knows tht

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Risks Jail Term If He Cuts The Green Card: Legal Expert by AntiIPOOP(m): 2:59pm On Nov 11, 2016
BiafraudExposed:
I believe it's Ipob reporting this news... Live Wole Soyinka alone..

Just imagine what Ipob newspaper is carrying. Yet they insult Nigerian news paper everyday, for lies.

They are saying that Donald Trump has sworn to give them Biafra...

Igbos live Wole Soyinka alone...

BiafraudEposed
OMG

Re: Soyinka Risks Jail Term If He Cuts The Green Card: Legal Expert by 99foxxy(f): 3:01pm On Nov 11, 2016
Abeg tear your green card, no body will arrest you abi you pay for this write up?
Re: Soyinka Risks Jail Term If He Cuts The Green Card: Legal Expert by nath0507(m): 3:02pm On Nov 11, 2016
This guy is an idiot, no one will imprison you if you choose to destroy your green card or passport. But I have a suggestion; if he is fearful of jail time, he can go to any american embassy their in Naija and if he happens to be in the states go to any justice of the peace and renounce his citizenship and they will gladly revoke his citizenship. That will close the case. Destroying his green card only means he can reapply and get another one. Who is to say that if he goes along with his threat and destroy it, that he wont go behind our back and reapply to get a new on. Guy not everyone on here is a fool , tell that story to the gods
Re: Soyinka Risks Jail Term If He Cuts The Green Card: Legal Expert by basingstoke: 3:06pm On Nov 11, 2016
But who gave this white bearded he-goat an American green card.?
Re: Soyinka Risks Jail Term If He Cuts The Green Card: Legal Expert by olajizz01(m): 3:09pm On Nov 11, 2016
Egbami,elaja,say na by force,he want to relinquish his citizenship,u say he is risking jail term,na by force,se na Naija them go jail am.
Re: Soyinka Risks Jail Term If He Cuts The Green Card: Legal Expert by wonlasewonimi: 3:09pm On Nov 11, 2016
Obviously most people have not seen a green card before.. unless you are Mr gold finger, then you should be able to tear it.
Re: Soyinka Risks Jail Term If He Cuts The Green Card: Legal Expert by hassanvic(m): 3:13pm On Nov 11, 2016
Why some people especially reverend ones do not know that silence required on some matters that they can not influenced or changed? I do not expect him to say such thing at all because he did not know the mind of Americans unlike our country that we are sure of the winner of election before conducting it. Once he can say such huge words, to me he must have known the implications that follow.
Re: Soyinka Risks Jail Term If He Cuts The Green Card: Legal Expert by Nigeriatraining: 3:15pm On Nov 11, 2016
This is most stupid lie anyone can conjour!!

In a case any person looses his passport in a case of theft, fire outbreak or what have you. Would that person be jailed because he misplaced his passport?

Alaye if you are paid to say something, please don't think we are fools to come up with something watery as this. This is Annoying. I watch the video and I saw the effrontery, the boldness and calmness he said those words using Obasanjo as an example.

A man of Soyinka's age, an elderstateman at that matter ought to be an honor, truth and uprightness(He should also control his tongue at all times). Grammar is not everything.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Risks Jail Term If He Cuts The Green Card: Legal Expert by emwye(m): 3:16pm On Nov 11, 2016
It's not illegal. Its just stupid. When he leaves and wants to go back for his medical check up he will have to explain what happened to his previous green card. Arrogant, attention seeking man. Always criticizing and never providing solutions. Creates more problems that he solves. I appreciate the respect the likes of him have brought to our continent but that's where my admiration ends.

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka Risks Jail Term If He Cuts The Green Card: Legal Expert by NairaMaster1(m): 3:22pm On Nov 11, 2016
Age has cheated on the prof. American have made their choice. You can't force your Nigerian Choice on him. What are you doing there?
Re: Soyinka Risks Jail Term If He Cuts The Green Card: Legal Expert by MrTour: 3:24pm On Nov 11, 2016
How far with TB Joshua's prediction gone wrong.

I saw a post where he re-stated he had initially said a "Wool-man" ie a man with wool on his head will win and not a Woman lol.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Risks Jail Term If He Cuts The Green Card: Legal Expert by Itulah(m): 3:44pm On Nov 11, 2016
Re: Soyinka Risks Jail Term If He Cuts The Green Card: Legal Expert by manmidtexy(m): 3:44pm On Nov 11, 2016
You be baddhest guy. You made me recall dat adage of a deaf man mehn. Laughed to stuppour.

amuijiji:
Them no dey tell deaf man say war don start..

Being a learned fellow, he should be aware but being that prison dey hungry am, encourage am...

1 Like

Re: Soyinka Risks Jail Term If He Cuts The Green Card: Legal Expert by AnanseK(m): 3:48pm On Nov 11, 2016
Trying to find a way out for Soyinka. If indeed he means what he says then he can simply return his green card to the USCIS office, and this can be done by post.

Re: Soyinka Risks Jail Term If He Cuts The Green Card: Legal Expert by peculiar32(f): 3:48pm On Nov 11, 2016
then why did he say that he will tear it in the first place.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Do Most Nigerians Fail To Pronounce These Words Correctly? / Nwando, Chinua Achebe’s Daughter Marks Father’s 8th Death Anniversary (Photos) / Being A Nigerian- "My Descent Into Savagery"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.